SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

So one thing I'm wondering is what fighting moves Lilligant will get. It seems very kicky from its design but obviously High Jump Kick would be near suicide with Hustle so hopefully it gets other moves
Guys, come on. There are multiple spreadsheets that have been linked here with all the moves listed plus the exact specs of all but a few.

Here is one. Here is another.

High Jump Kick is not in the game. H-Lilligant will get Close Combat like every other Fighting-type as of Gen 8, and she's going to love it because she doesn't have to commit liven't on a miss. This one's a given. We can be asking far better questions than what kind of Fighting move the latest high-speed Fighting-types will be using. The games have already given us a pretty reliable answer.

On a similar note, Wave Crash uses the exact same language as Quick Attack and its clones. Wave Crash will be a recoil move with increased priority or a +1 Spe boost when it goes mainstream. It will not be a recoil move with less power than Liquidation and nothing positive to show for it. The only way it winds up any different is with a complete rewrite a la Zippy Zap and friends, and I've been hearing those changes are mere artifacts of Gen 8 containing data for the beta version of the moves instead of the LGPE final products.

Last edited:
That would be reasonable if High Jump Kick were a competitive suggestion. It isn't. The guy who brought it up even deemed it suicidal.
I mean, High Jump Kick is suicidal in-game OR in competitive play with an ability that increases miss potential. The move is stronger than Close Combat so in your average scenario it's worth acknowledging, just Lilligant would not be a good user even if it had the move. That said, the jump to thinking about HJK doesn't mean it wasn't a competitively minded/main-series inquiry, since we have had mons with one but not the other in relevant contexts like Blaziken and Medicham

I mean, High Jump Kick is suicidal in-game OR in competitive play with an ability that increases miss potential. The move is stronger than Close Combat so in your average scenario it's worth acknowledging, just Lilligant would not be a good user even if it had the move. That said, the jump to thinking about HJK doesn't mean it wasn't a competitively minded/main-series inquiry, since we have had mons with one but not the other in relevant contexts like Blaziken and Medicham
That's all well and good, but we are not talking about ORAS or USUM. Kickers like Blaziken and Lopunny received Close Combat as soon as they arrived in Gen 8 via DLC. Your other "relevant contexts" are outdated by several years unless we reach for unrecognized heat like Hone Claws Lucario.

I don't understand how translating a PLA question into the context of 2018's meta (or a lone straggler in NatDex) can make it any more sensible.

I'd argue even at that it could have a place on a Lilligant set. It just may not have use on a Lilligant running Hustle. It could work as a stronger STAB on a Chlorophyll set. But yeah I apologise for bringing it up.
No need. Realistically, we still don't know that H-Lilligant will learn CC. It's just where we arrive by precedent and process of elimination.

Anyway, I found something else to talk about. What's up with Headlong Rush? It's a new move with the same specs as Close Combat, but we do not have confirmation of its type nor what learns it. What confirmation we do have is that Empoleon learns Wave Crash, so it may not even be limited to one species. The description reads like a Normal move. Could this be Ursaluna's signature move? What if it's learned by other starving Normals like Lopunny? Or might it even be a second move for H-Arcanine and its pickelhaube (Rock)?

We can be asking far better questions than what kind of Fighting move the latest high-speed Fighting-types will be using. The games have already given us a pretty reliable answer.
On that note, I wonder what Dark-type moves Overqwil will have access to. None of the physical options in PLA seem that fitting with its design. Hopefully it won't be stuck with just Dark Pulse as its Dark-type stab.

I'm still surprised to see how many people think these RPG status and move changes will make it to the main games.

Almost as if they learned nothing from Mystery Dungeon and Let's Go. :blobshrug:
Specifically about Status, it seems reasonable that they might be trying to test them on PLA and maybe be introduced into the main series later. IMO, they look more balanced to PvP gameplay than the current status system.

I'm still surprised to see how many people think these RPG status and move changes will make it to the main games.

Almost as if they learned nothing from Mystery Dungeon and Let's Go. :blobshrug:
Frostbite as a special counterpart to Burn is the only one I think could genuinely see moving forward. It would just be a question of "coexist along side freeze and if so, what moves will retroactively get what functionality". They've definitely looked at & nerfed to varying degress special stuff slowly over the series so this feels right at home.

The sleep stuff I don't see. It'd be a huge shake up, so it'd definitely be interesting but would probably require a lot more tweaks all over and to the status itself. I think just keeping sleep would be simpler. Even if they decided to coexist I feel it'd be really...questionable, I guess, to have a status that lowers defense (or both defenses? i forget) in a way that lowering the offensive stats (+speed, offensive stat once removed) isn't

One question I have is how Psyshield Bash will operate in the main game. It seems like it would only raise one defense stat and I'm not sure which one would work better. On one hand raising the Sp. Def of an intimidate Pokemon makes them more generally bulky and the Psychic typing feels like it would be more suited to that stat. However, they could just decide to further increase it's physical ranking capabilities and the use of shield makes me think more of physical contact moves similar to King's Shield or Spiky Shield. Regardless this move could be pretty nice for Wyrdeer.
Wait, Drowzy reduces defenses? I thought it was just a confusion clone.
Yeah it increases the damage you take. Definitely makes any stall mon using rest weep tbh

This just in: Lopunny can learn Double-Edge in PLA.

Source: I literally just saw it splash down on a streamer friend's Staravia.

Bunnybros finally have a STAB move better than Headbutt or Giga Impact. I will update this post with a screenshot if I see it happen again.
The Piplup line also get it, making the event Piplup an early teaser of movesets.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I hope that H-Lilligant gets Close Combat for the sake of letting it be good, (and she probably will) but I hope she gets High Jump Kick because Hustle means something is going to take a ton of damage if you hit. Using High Jump Kick means something will take a ton of damage even if you miss! :P

I get that someone has to be the voice of reason in the sea of frenzied speculation, but please let me be excited about the possibility of a Special Burn and Freezing turning into something that isn't terrible.

The thought of Legend Plate in the main games is fun too because of how much more unbalanced it would make Anything Goes. If something can make Mega-Rayquaza and Zacain look balanced... Yeah, I'm the king of guy that likes to watch the world burn. >:D I wouldn't be surprised if it was just for Arceus's game to make Arceus stand out even more.

Drowsiness lowering defense is kind of terrifying to someone that spams Rest as much a I do. That's the one change I don't ever want in the main games.

Are Double-Edge and Mimic Tutor moves in this game? That'd be interesting just because of being the first time since Gen 3 they've been Tutor Moves. Speaking of Tutors, Wave Crash not being a signature move makes me want to know movesets even more just to see what else isn't a Signature Move! This is getting into speculation, but if Wave Crash is a Tutor Move, that would give me a feeling that it's going to be a TR in Gen 9. What if Double-Edge becomes a TR too? This could mean the return of Double-Edge Shedinja! (I'd also welcome the return of a Mimic TM just for a fun gimmick.)

By the way, do Hyper Beam and Giga Impact have a drawback? The descriptions don't say so, but they have to be slow you down like a Strong Style Move, right? I wouldn't believe it if they really were Power 120 moves that give no drawback. (Well, maybe I would because they aren't Super Effective against anything.) Either way, Hyper Beam is looking like a good move for H-Zoroark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)