SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

We've seen them in trailers.

Agile is faster but weaker, Strong is... y'know, but slower.

Now Speed isn't the absolute definer when it comes to turn order, but Styles don't really add priority per se, so don't expect Avalugg to spam Agile moves and zoop around like Regieleki.
I know about the styles. Just that I assumed until now that they were innate to the battle system rather than something learned partway through the game.

Unrelated to the current discussion, but does anyone else have a problem with Enamorus's design? I kinda dig it, but at the same time I find it incredibly cliche that Game Freak went for a pink female-only Fairy-type that's related to the power of love. If literally any of those elements were different (red fairy, pink male, Dark-type powered by love etc), I'd like it a lot more.
I'm just stunned they didn't give it a big chest

Honestly for a splti second i wondered "is this ...a gay joke...."

Unrelated to the current discussion, but does anyone else have a problem with Enamorus's design? I kinda dig it, but at the same time I find it incredibly cliche that Game Freak went for a pink female-only Fairy-type that's related to the power of love. If literally any of those elements were different (red fairy, pink male, Dark-type powered by love etc), I'd like it a lot more.
Only thing I like about it is the snake. However,, its pink coloration just makes it look so bad and hard to look at.

Not really a big fan of how some elements of its design clash too. Like, its heart shape cloud hair might have looked cute, but it kinda off set by its spikes and evil demon eyes.

The fact this it is female only is cool though.

i’m not sure who on here was talking about the viability of bulletproof on ursaluna, (and i’m too lazy to look)

the ones we mentioned already as big are
focus blast
aurasphere

along with

bullet seed
seed bomb

but how is no one talking about energy ball and weather ball?? those are big! and while niche, ice ball and octazooka also.

in the non weakness category, being able to come in for free on gyro ball, pyro ball, rock blast and sludge bomb is so nice. even rock wrecker! there’s other also but they matter less

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Literally if they made it still female only but made it buff like the others, or made it male only but with the current design... instead, they're cowards
I'm just stunned they didn't give it a big chest

Honestly for a splti second i wondered "is this ...a gay joke...."
Yeah, these are both points I'll readily concede. Let me whip up an infographic real fast.

1642832709426.png

If she were to have (1) a shorter neck with less tail wraparound or (2) any curves whatsoever, I think fans would find her a lot more palatable.

As is, I'm still content with what we got. I wouldn't call it a missed opportunity or anything. Just... a little off if you look too closely.

I saw isle of armor moves added to this. Does this mean there in the game and theres more than 180 moves?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...4W3dqTVuKt18yzyX2BYDEgb4GF0/edit?usp=drivesdk
Their data is in the game but their usability flag is set to false. Interestingly, much like with the partner Pikachu/Eevee moves in SwSh, there was a bunch of changes made to unusable moves incl a bunch of the Isle of Armor moves. Given the... severity of some of them I wouldn't take them as gospel until they actually appear in a game in which they're usable.

Maybe you missed that it's Teddiursa who evolves into Ursaluna. It looks to be a split evolution a la Slowbro/Slowking.

EDIT: Outdated intel. See below.

I haven't spoiled the boss fights for myself, but based on the moves we know are in the game it shouldn't be hard to identify the frontrunners. I will omit the new forms of Dialga and Palkia because they are obviously endgame monsters, they are hardly different from the standard forms, and they will be surefire Ubers once they enter the main series. I will also omit Enamorus because she's probably postgame and I've shilled her enough already.
  1. Hisuian Goodra—It's already a pseudo, and it's only been improved by its new form.
  2. Ursaluna—Even without Guts, base 140 Atk is nothing to sneeze at.
  3. Kleavor—Same speed as Overqwil and the new Samurott, but it's stronger and benefitting from buffed X-Scissor.
  4. Hisuian Arcanine—This guy's probably the reason why Head Smash is in the game. High BST as always.
  5. Sneasler—Basically Weavile but with stronger STAB moves across the board. You just know they're giving this thing Close Combat.
The last slot is a toss-up.
I want to say Overqwil because it looks stronger than the new Samurott by stats, but we don't know that it gets a good Dark move.
I also want to recommend Hisuian Zoroark because it's a faster version of the new Typhlosion, but I'd first need to be sure that it learns Tri Attack.
Finally, Hisuian Lilligant will be good someday, but it's not that strong without Hustle. It's already better than the new Decidueye.

As with many hyper-restricted team requests (cough 6-CAP cough), a 6-Hisui team may need to settle for something less than optimal. I suppose #6 should be whichever one of the aforementioned three gets what it wants. They potentially outcompete the starters, but they each need a little something extra to boost them above the rest of the roster. Keep an ear out for news on them.
Thanks!

And which starter seems the best so far?
And wouldn't 2 rock Mons on a Team be a problem?

And which starter seems the best so far?
H-Typhlosion is the most promising. Its signature move is nutty. Its only issues are Focus Blast getting cut and Gengar/H-Zoroark being in the game.

H-Samurott is pretty nice. Basically the Samurott statline everyone wanted the first time around. It's better than (no ability) Basculegion.

H-Decidueye is such an enigma that I wrote a whole post about it. It's like if you took Breloom and made it worse.

And wouldn't 2 rock Mons on a Team be a problem?
Only if you're a coward. Goodra no-sells common Water and Grass moves, the best Ground move isn't even in the game, and a ghost in slot #6 stops Fighting. You don't pick a Bug/Rock Pokémon for its 1 resistance. You pick it to be Shuckle or to terminate things with extreme prejudice.

Imagine H-Goodra getting Shell Smash in the future:-D but if Shelgon doesn't get it Goodra also shouldn't
Shell Smash would be busted. That being said, I don't the the devs want any psuedos getting that move.

At the very least, Goodra / Sliggoo get Curse, which is going to be working way better now with their Steel-typing granting them move set up opportunities and a better STAB on RestTalk sets.

Yeah, it’s kind of like how Zacian is described as Zamazenta’s sister, or how a how huge chunk of Fairy types are Pink or are more likely to be female. I don’t dislike it though, but there are nice details to make it stand out though. For example, it’s muscles are smaller than the other genies, which makes biological sense since females usually aren’t as strong as men. It wears its tail like a scarf, which gives a sense of fashion, something stereotypically associated with women. And lastly, like how Tornadus’s hair is a whirlwind and Thundurus’s hair is a thunderbolt, Enamorous’s hair resembles a heart to match its element. It’s these nice details that show off how much thought when into the design.

I’m curious about Enamorous’s relationship to the other genies though. We know Tornadus and Thundurus are rivals while Landorus keeps them in a check, where does Enamorous fit in this? In my fantasies, I imagine that Landorus and Enamorous are loving couple while Tornadus and Thundurus are their rambunctious children.

Enamorus is so aggressively ugly, it’s captivating. I love it. It’s the Pokémon equivalent of an all pink TF2 scout load out. It simply does not care about being a massive eyesore.

Also: the original genies are also hideous designs, we’ve just been dulled to that fact by having all three crushing our collective windpipes in every competitive pokemon format for the last 11 years. Enamorus’s design is the only possible way to add to this legacy of nasty and by god she’s killing it.

Last edited:
I really only have an issue with the Therian forme and it's the same nitpick I have with every Therian form bar Thundurus. The basis for the forms all have an associated colour and none of the have it as a major design element
Edit: On an unrelated note I have to chuckle that both of the normal types introduced kind of hold up a middle finger to Gengar specifically. One matches it's speed and can't be hit by anything it normally runs outside of I believe a resisted Sludge Wave. The other with one of it's abilities no sells all of its offensive arsenal apart from Sludge Wave again and can oneshot it with a STAB High Horsepower or something like that

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)