Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I thought the subject was Stealth Rock. :|

But yeah, now that I think of it, there are no Pokemon simultaneously 4x Stealth Rock weak AND vulnerable to Spikes.

75%...Jesus :|
Actually, CAP 1 (Syclant) is Bug/Ice but has Mountaineer (or Compundeyes) ability which prevents SR damage and other Rock moves when it switches in.

Do you reckon, that these pokemon, represent the Earth (White) and Space (Black)
Earth is pretty much represented by Groundon already, and I fail to see how White has anything to do with Earth.

Black and White elicit more of a dichotomy feel than all the other previous color/gem choices, which is why most suggestions for the legendary themes have to do with opposites. (ie. Nature vs. Machine, Day vs. Night, Life vs. Death)

now that i think about, the black one is probably arceus father and white one is his mother, yeah i dont bother to use they names because its way to much of a pain. remind me of the fact magikarp only get 1 base speed when he evolve for some damn reason.

Earth is pretty much represented by Groundon already, and I fail to see how White has anything to do with Earth.

Black and White elicit more of a dichotomy feel than all the other previous color/gem choices, which is why most suggestions for the legendary themes have to do with opposites. (ie. Nature vs. Machine, Day vs. Night, Life vs. Death)
It's called finding a pattern

lol its just a what if, if Moltres gets played in OU, or if stealth rock gets nerfed so Moltres is more playable. Nothing big lol.

So yea, I tested it Starmie switching into Moltres using hidden power electric, supposing starmie was already scouted and such lol. Moltres has life orb btw. Timid Moltres does around 85% to the standard defensive rapid spinner starmie. Modest Moltres does around 92% to standard defensive rapid spinner starmie. Modest and timid Moltres ohkos standard defensive rapid spinner starmie with stealth rock in play.
Timid Moltres doing fire blast to the same starmie switching in does around 50%, being a 3hko factoring leftovers.
Modest Moltres doing fire blast to the same starmie switching in does around 57%, being a 2hko, although Moltres will likely switch out anyways.

So although without stealth rock in play Starmie will not be ohko'd, Starmie still pays a hefty price switching into Moltres. You got me. :D Still dangerous for Starmie though. Non-defensive Starmie will die though maybe.

Actually, CAP 1 (Syclant) is Bug/Ice but has Mountaineer (or Compundeyes) ability which prevents SR damage and other Rock moves when it switches in.
IMO, this ability seems specially made for him to cover the horrible SR weakness which I think it is a bit unfair. But whatever since it is fake anyway.

now that i think about, the black one is probably arceus father and white one is his mother, yeah i dont bother to use they names because its way to much of a pain. remind me of the fact magikarp only get 1 base speed when he evolve for some damn reason.
With 800 BSTs? o.o

has far i know the game is coming out for BOTH ds and 3ds.
More like it's a DS title, but works perfectly fine on the backwards-compatible 3DS.

Except for Darkrai, I can't find any other non-translated Legendaries... so I think those are still the Japanese names.
Mewtwo, Mew, the Legendary Beasts, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Celebi, Latias and Latios, the Weather Trio, The Regis, Jirachi, Deoxys, the Legendary Dragons, Shaymin, Arceus, Cresselia, Heatran, Manaphy, Phione, and Regigigas all keep their Japanese names, just not written exactly as what they're romanized to.

There's even Pokémon that kept their Japanese names withOUT being legendary, such as Chikorita, Flygon, Absol, and Lucario.

What the heck does any of this have to do with Stealth Rock...?

Nothing. My point was that changing SR to fixed damage would give these types of Pokemon a new lease on life.
Because Yanmega is destroyed by SR, but IMO even it that wasn't the case its not really that good. As I stated its ability to outspeed and possibly cripple one of your monsters back before Platinum is what made it as annoying as it was.

Lol, I'm sorry, but you think Starmie can wall Moltres? Moltres, who has a 125 base special attack will destroy Starmie with hidden power grass or electric. Although staying in on each other will depend on if Moltres has scarf or not. But Starmie can't wall Moltres.
Someone already replied, but yeah Starmie out speeds and hits it with a pretty strong stabbed Surf/Hydro Pump. Even in a world where SR did half the damage it does now, it still puts it in OHKO range for even defensive RS focused Starmie. I also doubt anyone would run Modest Moltres, speed is more important in IV.

Its been said without SR Moltres could fit very nicely into OU, keeping pretty much every steel type in check such as the awesome Heatran.

This buzz about Starmie and Moltres is getting bigger o.o

Why would you expect a Starmie countering your Moltres when you play UU in the first place? Unless Tres gets BL or I'm missing something, I don't see the point of arguing about this.
Someone already replied to this as well, where theorizing the effect Moltres would have on OU if SR didn't ravage it so badly.

now that i think about, the black one is probably arceus father and white one is his mother,
didn't Arceus just pop out of nowhere? I think that's part of it's description, and is sort of necessary to the "God" label.

I really don't know what roles/representation the legendaries will have. the typing of Zekrom seems to be Dark, with a possible Steel second type based it's shiny body. the turbine on it's tail could lead to it being linked to technology (which would also fit with the steel typing), but that seems odd to me since technology is a man made thing. unless Zekrom is also man made (unlikely), or gave humans the means/intelligence to make technological advancements (seems plausible).

Reshiram seems like pure Flying to me. it has a strong "Air Element" look to it, I think. if not, then Flying/Normal, based on the colour scheme; Flying/Dragon is also likely, but I would rather it not be. I can't really see it as a spirit of nature, to oppose Zekrom. I really don't know what it could be...

Someone already replied, but yeah Starmie out speeds and hits it with a pretty strong stabbed Surf/Hydro Pump. Even in a world where SR did half the damage it does now, it still puts it in OHKO range for even defensive RS focused Starmie. I also doubt anyone would run Modest Moltres, speed is more important in IV.

Its been said without SR Moltres could fit very nicely into OU, keeping pretty much every steel type in check such as the awesome Heatran.
Yea well, as I said before, Starmie still doesn't wall Moltres, thats all I wanted to say. I wrote some calculations earlier showing what Moltres can do to Starmie switching in. Defensive rapid spinner Starmie still takes a lot of damage. Starmie just isn't bulky enough.
Moltres will never stay in anyways to take surf/hydro pump, unless usually your Starmie set is scouted and if I'm running choice scarf, then Starmie is dead.

Anyways, no biggie, lets just hope Moltres will make it to OU next gen somehow.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
didn't Arceus just pop out of nowhere? I think that's part of it's description, and is sort of necessary to the "God" label.

I really don't know what roles/representation the legendaries will have. the typing of Zekrom seems to be Dark, with a possible Steel second type based it's shiny body. the turbine on it's tail could lead to it being linked to technology (which would also fit with the steel typing), but that seems odd to me since technology is a man made thing. unless Zekrom is also man made (unlikely), or gave humans the means/intelligence to make technological advancements (seems plausible).
I absolutely despised Arceus, the supposed "Poke-god"... that's just absurd. I'm hoping that we don't wade into that territory again with this next generation. Actually, I think these Pokemon being man-made is quite plausible, and I'd infinitely prefer that idea to these Pokemon being the reason why human technology exists -_-'

Reshiram seems like pure Flying to me. it has a strong "Air Element" look to it, I think. if not, then Flying/Normal, based on the colour scheme; Flying/Dragon is also likely, but I would rather it not be. I can't really see it as a spirit of nature, to oppose Zekrom. I really don't know what it could be...
Yes, Gamefreak does has an affinity for Dragon Types, to say the least. I agree that pure Flying seems appropriate, and Dark/Steel for Zakrom. Hopefully Zakrom comes with the ability "Iron Guard", which grants immunity to Fighting (To block that 4x weakness. And it makes sense... I've always wondered how a Punch is somehow going to hurt something made of steel...)

I'm really getting an ethereal vibe from these two, though. Zakrom especially; IMHO, it seems to be made of synthetic materials, judging from it's black color and sheen. Perhaps they come from/were created in an entirely different world?

It's not that a punch can hurt steel, but that, you can bend/break metal with your bare hands, ie physical strength. You can also dent metal by punching it I suppose.

I'm really getting an ethereal vibe from these two, though. Zakrom especially; IMHO, it seems to be made of synthetic materials, judging from it's black color and sheen. Perhaps they come from/were created in an entirely different world?
Yea, the legendaries from this gen seem really cool. I think Reshiram seems very legendary and epic especially. While Zekrom seems very badass. Good stuff.

Are those two Palkia's cousins or sth?The dark one is almost the same,and the white has Palkia's legs.
Seems like they sold a lot of Pearl copies in japan lol.

Anyway,pure Flying(or Steel/Flying) and pure Dark (or maybe Dark/Dragon) for the types imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)