Pokémon GO

Looks like you're all getting invites! Pretty good. Seems that patience pays off. (In most cases. BrandonTan still has no EX pass lol)

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I recently got my ex invite notification just 2 days ago for today and caught my 3rd mewtwo today. While my best is still at CP 2230 with nothing weather boosted, I still am not a fan of how unfair the whole ex raid invite system has been and hope that whomever is still trying for an ex invite will eventually get one. I kept focusing on the sponsored gyms in my area so that was my key to eventually succeeding.

all this EX stuff is having an odd effect on the city, there is ONE eligible gym.. we had THREE kyogres up... we had 8 do one, a few leave, everyone ignores the other 2 Kyogres and 11 people did an OMASTAR on that ex gym instead, and today, Kyogre raid on ex gym, we had FORTY+ which is unheard of, except at an EX raid itself.

In which way is it amazing? I can't think of one single way. I've done 30+ Articuno raids, 30+ Zapdos raids, 30+ Moltres raids, 30+ Lugia raids, 30+ Ho-Oh raids, 60+ Groudon raids, 20+ Kyogre raids, and about 50+ regular other non-legendary raids. 98% at different gyms. Zero EX invites. It yet again proves this game doesn't reward you for playing.

Heck, why do I even take myself as an example. Even BrandonTan doesn't have an EX invite. BRANDON TAN. The guy has done more than 5000 legendary raids and is the definition of dedication.

In which way is it amazing? I can't think of one single way. I've done 30+ Articuno raids, 30+ Zapdos raids, 30+ Moltres raids, 30+ Lugia raids, 30+ Ho-Oh raids, 60+ Groudon raids, 20+ Kyogre raids, and about 50+ regular other non-legendary raids. 98% at different gyms. Zero EX invites. It yet again proves this game doesn't reward you for playing.

Heck, why do I even take myself as an example. Even BrandonTan doesn't have an EX invite. BRANDON TAN. The guy has done more than 5000 legendary raids and is the definition of dedication.
You need to know where to raid, and most of these were here before the actual system was put in place
The S2 system is quite good, the only problem is distributing invites, not only are there too few, but also it doesnt prioritize those who dont have a Mewtwo over those who already have 5

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
And it excludes people who are shit out of luck in the S2 cell department: massive cities lose their pool of Mewtwo invites, and the volume of people raiding in places like Singapore compared to the # of passes given out is hella miniscule (Brandon Tan is a shining example of this). It also excludes those who live in places with few gyms and can't trigger the Ex Raid because they don't have a park tag, or they aren't sponsored, or simply the S2 cell that covers their town also covers a million others.

Despite the fact it's been roughly discovered how the mechanics for triggering these Ex Raids works, location still plays a huge factor, and above all, luck. It's this aspect that has people pissed. The Ex Raid system would be much more acceptable if there were tangible requirements that allowed the playerbase to access it; as even the dev post from November has stated nothing concrete regarding how Ex Raids truly work other than to raid park gyms. Badge Rank does not matter in the slightest (in fact, Bronze seems to be prioritized over Gold in the research done), and higher levels have a lower chance of being picked for Ex Raids compared to less hardcore players (where the dev post implied the opposite). It's not a good system.

400 legendary raids, one Ex Pass for me, despite raiding with the full knowledge of S2 cells and how to trigger these raids. I have friends who do the EXACT same raids as me and they're on their 5th, 6th, or 9th Mewtwo; I got what I call a fluke and a December 25 Mewtwo that was cancelled for most of the people I knew. Luck is what is driving people off and that is why there is such a big outcry against the system as it currently stands. I'm grateful that something like Deoxys or Rayquaza hasn't been locked behind it (yet), because it'll just piss the majority of the playerbase that lack even a single Mewtwo.

Im trying out how hard it is advocating for the crap Niantic does, and Im not surprised that they dont communicate much when the developement team keeps doing this

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Im trying out how hard it is advocating for the crap Niantic does, and Im not surprised that they dont communicate much when the developement team keeps doing this
This. Also, how many times have they said "Trading and battling are coming any moment now!" since the game released? I seem to recall a post about it every other month or so, but literally nothing has happened on the front, and I suspect it never will.

This. Also, how many times have they said "Trading and battling are coming any moment now!" since the game released? I seem to recall a post about it every other month or so, but literally nothing has happened on the front, and I suspect it never will.
There's been plenty of it. We've been trading our money for their promises and battling the PR team for info.

The concept of EX Raid is actually good. However, the execution is downright example of worst Scrappy Mechanic ever. Niantic's lack of communication regarding it (or worse, lies, as far as researches and their guide are concerned), invisible requirements which boils down to praying to RNG, made this a system that is far from fair. Nevermind rurals doomed to never have any of it. It is as if Niantic is consciously doing something wrong (skewed toward casuals too much it turns their previous words lies worthy of fraud) and doesn't want us to ever knew that.

If only there's just one clear requirement to get EX pass, be it raiding or battling daily streaks, longer daily streaks, battling quota, or anything that is explicit enough, it won't spawn so many complaints about this broken system. That should be "exclusive" enough without being frustrating.

This actually made me consider never using Lucky Eggs from box sales that already filled my bags. Good thing I'm not Lv40 yet....

trading and battling coming soon? please, they are doing nothing about the spoofers, which HINDER the entire system, because I for one do not want to pvp against 100% IV's collected from teleporting.

trading and battling coming soon? please, they are doing nothing about the spoofers, which HINDER the entire system, because I for one do not want to pvp against 100% IV's collected from teleporting.
PvP would probably be just local, no point in wifi battles with a system like this

Codes for New Quest System was datamined. It seems like there'll be new quests involving other things than just daily catch and spin. Apparently included are Battling (about time!) and Raiding. What I fear is the badge level up quest if that's referring to gym badges as I'm too active battler that I have almost made all gyms in reasonable reaches I have Gold.

They did have made it good with quest givers appearing with facial expressions. It seems that we now have characters more engaging than before (where we just transfer Pokemon to professor without even knowing whether he's still alive or not, and our team leaders are perpetually tasked wth appraising and nothing else when Alola's appraiser just said "screw it, here's my IV program")

... and I'm still waiting for perhaps a Sightseer medal for gym badges accumulated.

So apparently some people also received EX invites for gyms they haven't even raided at before, some even came from overseas gyms they visited while on holiday many months back. The system is getting even more broken.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Yea, very weird wave. I get it was Mewtwo's bday (Feb 6) but come on Niantic.

I got one... for a Starbucks I have 0 BXP on. I spun the stop once last year idk when, and that was that. My biggest fear right now is people not showing up due to the volume of Ex Raids being done. I'll give it a shot, but I'm honestly positive I won't walk out with Mewtwo #2 from this. At least I can attempt to do this while others who raided while on vacation are SOL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)