move 4: Thunder Wave / Surf / Slack Off
item: Heavy-Duty Boots / Shuca Berry / Colbur Berry
tera type: Grass / Water / Flying
ability: Regenerator
nature: Relaxed
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
ivs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Galarian Slowking is the tier's premier defensive pivot thanks to its unique defensive profile alongside Regenerator and a spectacular movepool. Future Sight's delayed damage is incredibly difficult to deal with when Galarian Slowking is paired with strong wallbreakers, while Psychic is a fine alternative to immediately damage Great Tusk, Zamazenta, and Sneasler. Chilly Reception allows Galarian Slowking to pivot out, with the added bonus of resetting opposing weather; its poor Speed alongside minimum investment ensures that its teammate can switch in safely. Thunder Wave cripples would-be checks like Heatran and Kingambit, and the speed control against fast threats like Dragapult and Cinderace can greatly aid its teammates. Surf has solid coverage alongside Galarian Slowking's STAB moves, hitting Heatran, Ting-Lu, Landorus-T, and Ursaluna for decent damage. Slack Off provides Galarian Slowking with reliable recovery, and—alongside Regenerator—can give it tremendous amount of staying power. Toxic can be considered over Thunder Wave to force progress against defensive threats like Skeledirge and Dondozo. Ice Beam can greatly pressure Landorus-Therian, Dragonite, and Dragapult with a single moveslot. Flamethrower punishes Kingambit and Gholdengo. Lastly, Grass Knot hits Tera Water Garganacl hard and can reliably 2HKO Dondozo. Heavy-Duty Boots allows Galarian Slowking to continuously pivot without having Regenerator's recovery nullified by entry hazards, while Shuca Berry allows it to either pivot into or directly retaliate against a Ground-type attack from Great Tusk, Landorus-T, or Enamorus. Colbur Berry allows Galarian Slowking to reliably check Knock Off Iron Valiant and Night Slash Sneasler, both of which can otherwise greatly threaten it. Both Tera Grass and Tera Water grant a resistance to Water-type attacks from Azumarill and Walking Wake. Moreover, Tera Grass turns its Ground weakness into a resistance, while Tera Water allows Galarian Slowking to sponge attacks from Heatran, Cinderace, and Iron Moth while powering up Surf. Tera Flying provides a crucial Ground immunity and U-Turn resistance while keeping Galarian Slowking's Fighting resistance, letting it reliably switch into Great Tusk variants that lack Ice Spinner. A Sassy nature with maximum Special Defense investment can be used to deal with Enamorus and Shadow Ball Iron Valiant more easily.

Galarian Slowking fits on a wide assortment of balance and bulky offense teams, which greatly appreciate its ability to defensively support its teammates while providing significant offensive pressure itself. Powerful wallbreakers like Choice Band Zamazenta, Sneasler, and Ursaluna appreciate Galarian Slowking's ability to both pivot them in safely with Chilly Reception and pressure would-be defensive checks like Corviknight, Toxapex, Skeledirge, and Dondozo with Future Sight, which forces them into 2HKO or even OHKO range against these wallbreakers. Dragon Dance Baxcalibur is a fantastic teammate, as the snow set by Chilly Reception improves its already-solid bulk and allows it to run Ice Body, giving it the opportunity to set up multiple Dragon Dances and devastate opposing offensive teams. Dragapult is a solid teammate, as it appreciates Galarian Slowking's ability to check Enamorus and Booster Energy Iron Valiant; in return, Dragapult can wallbreak or disrupt teams with its own status moves. Zapdos and Landorus-T have solid defensive synergy with Galarian Slowking thanks to their Ground immunity and ability to check physical attackers like Great Tusk while forming a VoltTurn core with it. Garganacl and Kingambit have good defensive synergy with Galarian Slowking, since they can sponge repeated Ghost-type attacks from Dragapult and Gholdengo while it can check threats like Enamorus and Fighting-types like Sneasler, Zamazenta, and some Iron Valiant sets in return. Kingambit in particular appreciates Galarian Slowking's Future Sight support and ability to pressure Fire-types.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/dreadfury.408271/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/mellow.423226/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/setsusetsuna.548068/
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/royalfluxh.493260/

Last edited:
This should be QC-ready! This was one of the ones I was really itching to tackle after my meta discussion post a few weeks back, so I'm glad I got this when I did! A few comments and insights on my end:
  • I wasn't entirely sure how to condense how important Future Sight and especially Chilly Reception are into shorter segments since the moves are important largely because of the teammates they enable, but at the same time I didn't want to be redundant since Paragraph 2 mostly covers ideal teammates. I opted to keep it expansive for now and cut things down at the rest of the QC Team's discretion, rather than have too little and need to add a lot on my own.
  • The additional options of Toxic, Ice Beam, Grass Knot, and Flamethrower were all discussed internally within the QC channel, and the general consensus from the QC team (myself included) was to have whoever writes this (hey, that's me!) mention them as viable options but to not have them be included in the main set, since the original set prior to us opening up this slate had a billion slashed options there. At the wider QC team's discretion I can remove mention of these options since this first paragraph makes the Offensive Volcarona paragraph I wrote in pre-HOME seem short by comparison, but these options all have merit and have seen variable amounts of WCoP usage thus far. This might be a lot more palatable if the FSight/Chilly sections are cut down a little, of course, but there's really a lot to discuss with this mon.
  • At the risk of making this paragraph even longer, are there even more Tera types worth considering? I doubt it since this thing already rarely Teras, but I figured I'd ask since the mons that rarely Tera also often run all sorts of out-there options in the event that they need to.

additions comments removals
i'd like another quick scan over after you've implemented this as well so i can see if i've missed anything. thanks!
[SET]
name: Pivot
move 1: Future Sight / Psychic
move 2: Chilly Reception
move 3: Sludge Bomb
nature: Relaxed / Sassy addressed later
ivs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Galarian Slowking is the tier's premiere defensive pivot thanks to its unique defensive profile, spectacular movepool, and good bulk alongside Regenerator. Future Sight is Galarian Slowking's most powerful viable attack (future sight's mainly good bc of the delay put more emphasis on that, that way you don't have to say "viable" to cover yourself against hyper beam LOL), and its delayed damage can prove very difficult for even teams with Psychic resists or immunities, like Gholdengo, Corviknight, and Kingambit, to handle when paired with a teammate's super effective attack to cover these threats. it's not those mons that can't deal with future sight, it's the team that can't deal with the combination of future sight + strong attack. Psychic is a fine alternative should one prefer immediate damage, however, as it doesn't give Iron Defense Zamazenta a free turn to set up and can quickly wear it down as a result. to Pokemon such as Great Tusk, Zamazenta, and Sneasler. Chilly Reception allows Galarian Slowking to reset opposing weather (feels a bit strange for resetting weather appearing first, i get it helps phrasing but resetting weather is more of a bonus really) and, most notably, to gain momentum for its team by pivoting out; its poor Speed, minimized with a Relaxed or Sassy Nature and 0 Speed IVs, ensures that it will act second except if it loses a Speed tie against an opposing Slowking, ensuring that its teammate can pivot in safely. Sludge Bomb hits threats like Iron Valiant, both Enamorus variants, and Tera Fairy Skeledirge super effectively; Sludge Bomb's nasty 30% Poison chance ensures that Galarian Slowking can pose a threat even against targets neutral or resistant to Poison, ensuring that it is far from passive. not sure how necessary this is, it's an unslashed stab move. Thunder Wave is a powerful utility option to cripple would-be checks like Heatran and Kingambit that can normally switch in against Galarian Slowking's STAB moves freely, and the speed control against fast threats like Dragapult and Iron Valiant can greatly aid the wallbreakers it is often paired with. Surf has solid coverage alongside Galarian Slowking's STAB moves, hitting Heatran, Ting-Lu, Landorus-Therian, and Ursaluna for decent damage. Slack Off provides Galarian Slowking with reliable recovery, and alongside Regenerator can give it a tremendous amount of staying power and thus more opportunities to both use Future Sight and pivot teammates in with Chilly Reception. However, Galarian Slowking's expansive movepool gives it a lot of customizability to fit its teammates' needs. Toxic can be considered over Thunder Wave to force progress against defensive threats like Skeledirge and Dondozo. Ice Beam can greatly pressure Landorus-Therian, Dragonite, Dragonite, Dragapult, and Zapdos with a single moveslot. Flamethrower punishes Kingambit and Gholdengo thinking they can safely switch in against Galarian Slowking's STAB moves. Lastly, Grass Knot hits Tera Water Garganacl harder than Galarian Slowking's other moves and reliably 2HKOs Dondozo. Heavy-Duty Boots allow Galarian Slowking to continuously pivot without having its Regenerator healing partially nullified by entry hazards, while a Shuca Berry allows it to either pivot into or directly retaliate against a Ground-type attack from Great Tusk, Landorus-Therian, and Enamorus. Colbur Berry allows Galarian Slowking to reliably check Knock Off Iron Valiant, which can otherwise greatly threaten it. Galarian Slowking's Tera types are relatively flexible, although it usually won't Terastallize unless its teammates don't need to do so themselves; Tera Grass turns its Ground weakness into a resistance, grants it resistances to Water-type attacks from Azumarill and Dondozo, and can power its Grass Knot up to the point where it can 2HKO specially defensive Garganacl. grass knot is like 8th choice for a moveslot, don't think this is worth a mention. Tera Water provides a solid defensive profile against Ground-type attackers and powers up its Surf to more greatly threaten Heatran, Ting-Lu, and Ursaluna. Tera Flying provides a crucial Ground immunity and U-Turn resistance while keeping Galarian Slowking's Fighting resistance, letting it reliably pivot against Great Tusk variants that lack Ice Spinner. The choice between a Relaxed or a Sassy nature, and thus investing into Defense or Special Defense, depends entirely on what Galarian Slowking needs to defensively check for its team. i think it might be best to rephrase this sentence to be like "alternatively, you can run a spdef spread instead", otherwise the set listed sorta implies you'd run max def evs and a sassy nature, which you're not. not sure if others will agree with this, i understand if it gets vetod lol.

Galarian Slowking fits on a wide assortment of balanced and bulky offensive teams, which greatly appreciate its ability to defensively support its teammates while providing significant offensive pressure itself. Powerful wallbreakers like Choice Band Zamazenta, Offensive Great Tusk, Sneasler, Iron Valiant, Kingambit, and Swords Dance Ursaluna appreciate Slowking's ability to both pivot them in safely with Chilly Reception and pressure would-be defensive checks like Corviknight, Toxapex, Skeledirge, Dondozo, and Amoonguss with some crucial damage with Future Sight, helping them secure 2HKOs and OHKOs against threats they would otherwise struggle to break past. a few too many examples in this sentence imo. Dragon Dance Baxcalibur is a fantastic teammate, as in addition to appreciating being pivoted in safely and having threats like Corviknight, Skeledirge, and Dondozo worn down over time (a bit redundant) the snow set by Chilly Reception improves its already-solid bulk and allows it to run Leftovers alongside Ice Body for a considerable amount of passive healing, giving it the opportunity to set up multiple Dragon Dances and devastate opposing offensive teams. Dragapult is a solid teammate, as it appreciates Galarian Slowking's ability to check Booster Energy Iron Valiant; in return, Dragapult can perform a variety of roles, including wallbreaking with Choice Band or Choice Specs, sweeping with Dragon Dance, or disrupting physical attackers that threaten Galarian Slowking, like Landorus-Therian, Kingambit, or Great Tusk using Will-o-Wisp or breaking past threats with Galarian Slowking's own status effects. this section about pult is way too long, just say glowking checks +1 val and enam and gives it switch-ins with chilly, and pult can use these opportunities to wallbreak or disrupt. Zapdos and Landorus-Therian have solid defensive synergy with Galarian Slowking thanks to their Ground immunities and ability to check physical attackers, and with their respective Volt Switch and U-Turn support they can consistently maintain momentum by pivoting one-another in against threats one of them can force out. Lastly, Garganacl enjoys Galarian Slowking's ability to force switches with Future Sight and inflict passive damage with Toxic or Sludge Bomb's Poison chance, giving it more opportunities to either set up a Curse or Iron Defense or just rack up even more passive damage with Salt Cure. i don't think garg especially benefits from these things, think you'd be better off stating how they complement each other defensively

some general points for shortening this:
- there's quite a lot of examples here, which is good but there's a few cases where you're listing like 5 mons at time. just knock off a few of the less relevant ones here and there imo
- the things you're saying are all correct, you just have to weigh up how much of this is mandatory for a set analysis. without a cutoff point you can keep writing forever, i just think you need to reign your cutoff point in a bit.
- try and simplify your phrasing
- you don't have to write landorus-therian, just put landorus-t

[CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/username.XXXXXX/
Grammar checked by:

one last thing, remove the zapdos mention as a target for ice beam, zap isn't staying in really and even if it is you'd rather fish for poison with sludge bomb.
i'm happy to 1/2 this now, good work!

remove highlight comment

QC 2/2
after implemented, ty!

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Galarian Slowking is the tier's premiere defensive pivot thanks to its unique defensive profile, spectacular movepool, and good bulk alongside Regenerator. Future Sight's delayed damage is incredibly difficult for most teams to deal with when Galarian Slowking is paired with strong wallbreakers like Zamazenta and Sneasler, as the combination of Future Sight and a strong attack can at worst 2HKO much of the tier (I am not sure what this means. I can read this like Attack + Fsight OHKOs, or Attack + FSigh + Second Attack OHKOs, or even Attack + FSight + Attack + FSight. Sorry I just really dont get the idea here). Psychic is a fine alternative that does immediate damage against Great Tusk, Zamazenta, and Sneasler. Chilly Reception allows Galarian Slowking to gain momentum for its team by pivoting out, with the added bonus of resetting opposing weather; its poor Speed, minimized with a Relaxed or Sassy Nature and 0 Speed IVs, ensures that it will act second except if it loses a Speed tie against an opposing Slowking, ensuring that its teammate can pivot in safely. Thunder Wave is a powerful utility option to cripple would-be checks like Heatran and Kingambit that can normally switch in against Galarian Slowking's STAB moves freely, and the speed control against fast threats like Dragapult and Iron Valiant can greatly aid the wallbreakers it is often paired with. Surf has solid coverage alongside Galarian Slowking's STAB moves, hitting Heatran, Ting-Lu, Landorus-Therian, and Ursaluna for decent damage. Slack Off provides Galarian Slowking with reliable recovery, and alongside Regenerator can give it a tremendous amount of staying power and thus more opportunities to both use Future Sight and pivot teammates in with Chilly Reception. However, Galarian Slowking's expansive movepool gives it a lot of customizability to fit its teammates' needs. Toxic can be considered over Thunder Wave to force progress against defensive threats like Skeledirge and Dondozo. Ice Beam can greatly pressure Landorus-Therian, Dragonite, and Dragapult with a single moveslot. Flamethrower punishes Kingambit and Gholdengo thinking they can safely switch in against Galarian Slowking's STAB moves. Lastly, Grass Knot hits Tera Water Garganacl harder than Galarian Slowking's other moves and reliably 2HKOs Dondozo. Heavy-Duty Boots allow Galarian Slowking to continuously pivot without having its Regenerator healing partially nullified by entry hazards, while a Shuca Berry allows it to either pivot into or directly retaliate against a Ground-type attack from Great Tusk, Landorus-Therian, and Enamorus. Colbur Berry allows Galarian Slowking to reliably check Knock Off Iron Valiant, which can otherwise greatly threaten it. Galarian Slowking's Tera types are relatively flexible, although it usually won't Terastallize unless its teammates don't need to do so themselves; (Glowking does tera pretty often, but regardless this feels rather vague as you can say this about pretty much any Pokemon) Tera Grass turns its Ground weakness into a resistance, grants it resistances to Water-type attacks from Azumarill and Dondozo. Tera Water provides a solid defensive profile against Ground-type attackers and powers up its Surf to more greatly threaten Heatran, Ting-Lu, and Ursaluna. (I think there's some overlap here as the way is worded make it sound like Water straight up does what Grass does but better. Imo focus on Tera Grass resisting Ground and Water, while Tera Water gives a good defensive profile not only against grounds but in general, and resists Water and Fire, on top of boosting Surf. The Fire part is not only important against Heatran, but its also notable against Cindera and Iron Moth) Tera Flying provides a crucial Ground immunity and U-Turn resistance while keeping Galarian Slowking's Fighting resistance, letting it reliably pivot against Great Tusk variants that lack Ice Spinner. While a Relaxed nature allows Galarian Slowking to pivot against physical attackers effectively, a Sassy nature with maximum Special Defense investment is also useful as it has an easier time pivoting into and forcing out threats like Enamorus and Shadow Ball Iron Valiant.

Galarian Slowking fits on a wide assortment of balanced and bulky offensive teams, which greatly appreciate its ability to defensively support its teammates while providing significant offensive pressure itself. Powerful wallbreakers like Choice Band Zamazenta, Sneasler, and Ursaluna appreciate Slowking's ability to both pivot them in safely with Chilly Reception and pressure would-be defensive checks like Corviknight, Toxapex, Skeledirge, and Dondozo with Future Sight, helping them secure 2HKOs and OHKOs against threats they would otherwise struggle to break past. (Same issue as in the first paragraph) Dragon Dance Baxcalibur is a fantastic teammate, as the snow set by Chilly Reception improves its already-solid bulk and allows it to run Leftovers alongside Substitute and Ice Body for a considerable amount of passive healing, giving it the opportunity to set up multiple Dragon Dances and devastate opposing offensive teams. Dragapult is a solid teammate, as it appreciates Galarian Slowking's ability to check Enamorus and Booster Energy Iron Valiant; in return, Dragapult can wallbreak or disrupt teams with its own status moves. Zapdos and Landorus-T have solid defensive synergy with Galarian Slowking thanks to their Ground immunities and ability to check physical attackers, and with their respective Volt Switch and U-Turn support they can consistently maintain momentum by pivoting one-another in against threats one of them can force out. Lastly, Garganacl has good defensive synergy with Galarian Slowking, since the former can sponge repeated Ghost-type attacks from Dragapult and Gholdengo while the latter can check threats like Iron Valiant and Enamorus that Garganacl cannot reliably wall. Maybe you can somehow add Kingambit in this last part as it works similarly.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:

remove highlight comment

QC 2/2
after implemented, ty!

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Galarian Slowking is the tier's premiere defensive pivot thanks to its unique defensive profile, spectacular movepool, and good bulk alongside Regenerator. Future Sight's delayed damage is incredibly difficult for most teams to deal with when Galarian Slowking is paired with strong wallbreakers like Zamazenta and Sneasler, as the combination of Future Sight and a strong attack can at worst 2HKO much of the tier (I am not sure what this means. I can read this like Attack + Fsight OHKOs, or Attack + FSigh + Second Attack OHKOs, or even Attack + FSight + Attack + FSight. Sorry I just really dont get the idea here). Psychic is a fine alternative that does immediate damage against Great Tusk, Zamazenta, and Sneasler. Chilly Reception allows Galarian Slowking to gain momentum for its team by pivoting out, with the added bonus of resetting opposing weather; its poor Speed, minimized with a Relaxed or Sassy Nature and 0 Speed IVs, ensures that it will act second except if it loses a Speed tie against an opposing Slowking, ensuring that its teammate can pivot in safely. Thunder Wave is a powerful utility option to cripple would-be checks like Heatran and Kingambit that can normally switch in against Galarian Slowking's STAB moves freely, and the speed control against fast threats like Dragapult and Iron Valiant can greatly aid the wallbreakers it is often paired with. Surf has solid coverage alongside Galarian Slowking's STAB moves, hitting Heatran, Ting-Lu, Landorus-Therian, and Ursaluna for decent damage. Slack Off provides Galarian Slowking with reliable recovery, and alongside Regenerator can give it a tremendous amount of staying power and thus more opportunities to both use Future Sight and pivot teammates in with Chilly Reception. However, Galarian Slowking's expansive movepool gives it a lot of customizability to fit its teammates' needs. Toxic can be considered over Thunder Wave to force progress against defensive threats like Skeledirge and Dondozo. Ice Beam can greatly pressure Landorus-Therian, Dragonite, and Dragapult with a single moveslot. Flamethrower punishes Kingambit and Gholdengo thinking they can safely switch in against Galarian Slowking's STAB moves. Lastly, Grass Knot hits Tera Water Garganacl harder than Galarian Slowking's other moves and reliably 2HKOs Dondozo. Heavy-Duty Boots allow Galarian Slowking to continuously pivot without having its Regenerator healing partially nullified by entry hazards, while a Shuca Berry allows it to either pivot into or directly retaliate against a Ground-type attack from Great Tusk, Landorus-Therian, and Enamorus. Colbur Berry allows Galarian Slowking to reliably check Knock Off Iron Valiant, which can otherwise greatly threaten it. Galarian Slowking's Tera types are relatively flexible, although it usually won't Terastallize unless its teammates don't need to do so themselves; (Glowking does tera pretty often, but regardless this feels rather vague as you can say this about pretty much any Pokemon) Tera Grass turns its Ground weakness into a resistance, grants it resistances to Water-type attacks from Azumarill and Dondozo. Tera Water provides a solid defensive profile against Ground-type attackers and powers up its Surf to more greatly threaten Heatran, Ting-Lu, and Ursaluna. (I think there's some overlap here as the way is worded make it sound like Water straight up does what Grass does but better. Imo focus on Tera Grass resisting Ground and Water, while Tera Water gives a good defensive profile not only against grounds but in general, and resists Water and Fire, on top of boosting Surf. The Fire part is not only important against Heatran, but its also notable against Cindera and Iron Moth) Tera Flying provides a crucial Ground immunity and U-Turn resistance while keeping Galarian Slowking's Fighting resistance, letting it reliably pivot against Great Tusk variants that lack Ice Spinner. While a Relaxed nature allows Galarian Slowking to pivot against physical attackers effectively, a Sassy nature with maximum Special Defense investment is also useful as it has an easier time pivoting into and forcing out threats like Enamorus and Shadow Ball Iron Valiant.

Galarian Slowking fits on a wide assortment of balanced and bulky offensive teams, which greatly appreciate its ability to defensively support its teammates while providing significant offensive pressure itself. Powerful wallbreakers like Choice Band Zamazenta, Sneasler, and Ursaluna appreciate Slowking's ability to both pivot them in safely with Chilly Reception and pressure would-be defensive checks like Corviknight, Toxapex, Skeledirge, and Dondozo with Future Sight, helping them secure 2HKOs and OHKOs against threats they would otherwise struggle to break past. (Same issue as in the first paragraph) Dragon Dance Baxcalibur is a fantastic teammate, as the snow set by Chilly Reception improves its already-solid bulk and allows it to run Leftovers alongside Substitute and Ice Body for a considerable amount of passive healing, giving it the opportunity to set up multiple Dragon Dances and devastate opposing offensive teams. Dragapult is a solid teammate, as it appreciates Galarian Slowking's ability to check Enamorus and Booster Energy Iron Valiant; in return, Dragapult can wallbreak or disrupt teams with its own status moves. Zapdos and Landorus-T have solid defensive synergy with Galarian Slowking thanks to their Ground immunities and ability to check physical attackers, and with their respective Volt Switch and U-Turn support they can consistently maintain momentum by pivoting one-another in against threats one of them can force out. Lastly, Garganacl has good defensive synergy with Galarian Slowking, since the former can sponge repeated Ghost-type attacks from Dragapult and Gholdengo while the latter can check threats like Iron Valiant and Enamorus that Garganacl cannot reliably wall. Maybe you can somehow add Kingambit in this last part as it works similarly.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:
All implemented!

GP Team ready whenever! Maybe you guys have a better way to word all the Future Sight stuff than what I've implemented here.

Marnie

Leap of Faith
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributor
Social Media Head
Add
Remove
(Comments)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Galarian Slowking is the tier's premiere defensive pivot thanks to its unique defensive profile, (rc) alongside Regenerator and spectacular movepool, (rc) and good bulk alongside Regenerator. (the term 'good bulk' is already covered under 'defensive profile' imo, which encompasses stuff like defensive stats, typing, etc) Future Sight's delayed damage is incredibly difficult for most teams to deal with when Galarian Slowking is paired with strong wallbreakers, (ac) but like Zamazenta and Sneasler, as the chip damage from Future Sight can severely pressure would-be answers like Toxapex while their strong Close Combat will deter Dark-types like Ting-Lu and Kingambit. (i think this line fits better on the teammates section, which you covered later on) Psychic is a fine alternative that does to immediately damage against Great Tusk, Zamazenta, and Sneasler. Chilly Reception allows Galarian Slowking to gain momentum for its team by pivoting out, with the added bonus of resetting opposing weather; its poor Speed alongside minimum investment, (rc) minimized with a Relaxed or Sassy Nature and 0 Speed IVs, ensures that it will act second except if it loses a Speed tie against an opposing Slowking, ensuring that its teammate can pivot switch in safely. Thunder Wave is a powerful utility option to cripples would-be checks like Heatran and Kingambit that can normally switch in against Galarian Slowking's STAB moves freely, and the speed control against fast threats like Dragapult and Cinderace Iron Valiant (wouldnt u just sludge bomb the valiant?) can greatly aid its teammates the wallbreakers it is often paired with (even defensive teammates like tusk or zapdos also like the faster threats being para'd, doesnt have to be wallbreakers only). Surf has solid coverage alongside Galarian Slowking's STAB moves, hitting Heatran, Ting-Lu, Landorus-Therian, and Ursaluna for decent damage. Slack Off provides Galarian Slowking with reliable recovery, andalongside Regeneratorcan give it a tremendous amount of staying power. and thus more opportunities to both use Future Sight and pivot teammates in with Chilly Reception. However, Galarian Slowking's expansive movepool gives it a lot of customizability to fit its teammates' needs. Toxic can be considered over Thunder Wave to force progress against defensive threats like Skeledirge and Dondozo. Ice Beam can greatly pressure Landorus-Therian, Dragonite, and Dragapult with a single moveslot. Flamethrower punishes Kingambit and Gholdengo thinking they can safely switch in against Galarian Slowking's STAB moves. Lastly, Grass Knot hits Tera Water Garganacl harder than Galarian Slowking's other moves and reliably 2HKOes Dondozo. Heavy-Duty Boots allows Galarian Slowking to continuously pivot without having its Regenerator's recovery healing partially (technically 3 spikes + rocks does more than regen so the term 'partially' can be misleading) nullified by entry hazards, while a Shuca Berry allows it to either pivot into or directly retaliate against a Ground-type attack from Great Tusk, Landorus-Therian, and or Enamorus. Colbur Berry allows Galarian Slowking to reliably check Knock Off Iron Valiant and Night Slash Sneasler, both of which can otherwise greatly threaten it. Galarian Slowking's Tera types are relatively flexible. Both Tera Grass and Tera Water grants a Water resistance from Azumarill and Walking Wake. (taking dozo's attack isnt something to write home about imo, so i changed it to a better example) Moreover, Tera Grass turns its Ground weakness into a resistance, (ac) and grants it resistances to Water-type attacks from Azumarill and Dondozo. while Tera Water provides a solid defensive profile and allows Galarian Slowking to sponge attacks from Heatran, Cinderace, and Iron Moth while powering up Surf to more greatly threaten the aforementioned Fire-types, Ting-Lu, and Ursaluna. Tera Flying provides a crucial Ground immunity and U-Turn resistance while keeping Galarian Slowking's Fighting resistance, letting it reliably pivot against switch into Great Tusk variants that lack Ice Spinner. While a Relaxed nature allows Galarian Slowking to pivot against physical attackers effectively, a A Sassy nature with maximum Special Defense investment can be used to deal with is also useful as it has an easier time pivoting into and forcing out Enamorus and Shadow Ball Iron Valiant more easily.

Galarian Slowking fits on a wide assortment of balanced and bulky offensive teams, which greatly appreciate its ability to defensively support its teammates while providing significant offensive pressure itself. Powerful wallbreakers like Choice Band Zamazenta, Sneasler, and Ursaluna appreciate Galarian Slowking's ability to both pivot them in safely with Chilly Reception and pressure would-be defensive checks like Corviknight, Toxapex, Skeledirge, and Dondozo with Future Sight, as the chip damage from Future Sight which forces them into 2HKO or even OHKO range against these wallbreakers. Dragon Dance Baxcalibur is a fantastic teammate, as the snow set by Chilly Reception improves its already-solid bulk and allows it to run Leftovers alongside Substitute and Ice Body (the only relevant synergy to highlight here is snow + ice body imo) for a considerable amount of passive healing, giving it the opportunity to set up multiple Dragon Dances and devastate opposing offensive teams. Dragapult is a solid teammate, as it appreciates Galarian Slowking's ability to check Enamorus and Booster Energy Iron Valiant; in return, Dragapult can wallbreak or disrupt teams with its own status moves. Zapdos and Landorus-T have solid defensive synergy with Galarian Slowking thanks to their Ground immunities and ability to check physical attackers like Great Tusk while forming a VoltTurn core with it, (rc) with their respective Volt Switch and U-Turn support they can consistently maintain momentum by pivoting one-another in against threats one of them can force out. Garganacl and Kingambit have has good defensive synergy with Galarian Slowking, since the former they can sponge repeated Ghost-type attacks from Dragapult and Gholdengo while it the latter can check threats like Iron Valiant and Enamorus and Fighting-types like Sneasler, Zamazenta, and some Iron Valiant sets in return (doesnt garg also enjoy glowking taking on fighting types too, similar to gambit?) that Garganacl cannot reliably wall. Lastly, Kingambit has great defensive synergy with Galarian Slowking for similar reasons to Garganacl, as it can check the aforementioned Ghost-types and Kingambit in particular appreciates Galarian Slowking's Future Sight support and its ability to pressure Fire-types while dealing with Fighting-types like Sneasler, Zamazenta, and some Iron Valiant sets.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/setsusetsuna.548068/
Grammar checked by:
cut a lot of the wordiness to the best of my ability, which are mostly just fluff or are implied (this mon has a lot of other options anyways so dont worry too much about it). some very minor qc changes too. feel free to ask/discuss in oucord if you need any further clarification(s).
GP 1/1
GP Team done
royalfluxh_gp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)