All Gens phoopes I did it for the last time

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello RoA fam!

I’ll try to keep this short because goodbyes (even virtual ones on Pokémon forums) are hard. Life has been super busy for me over the past six months, and I’ve had less and less time to dedicate to Smogon. As much as I love doing things around here in my free time, there’s just not enough time in the day for me to be an effective leader anymore. Thus, I’ll be stepping down from all of my positions on Smogon. It’s been a fun almost two years(!) being an RoA leader but it’s time to move on.

Some thank yous:
Siatam and Rage for being great co-leaders. (And I didn’t forget about you Clementine haha). It really was a pleasure and I feel like we were a good unit.

All the various mods that I’ve worked with from all gens. Having good moderation staff has made things much easier.

In a similar vein, the RoA Tours mods especially for managing to do so many great things that would have been impossible for me.

RoA room staff on PS, past and present. I am not a PS main anymore, that’s for sure, and the room is run super well. Hell yeah to all of you.

Senior staff for giving me the opportunity in the first place, as well as the opportunity to work alongside them in an SS role for the past year and a half. It’s been a challenging but rewarding experience!

The RBY Community specifically for being behind me 100% of the way and showing a lot of resilience and growth over the years.

emma Amaranth for being generally awesome and putting in some crazy work that I really admire. Couldn’t have done a lot of things without you.

Theia Sabelette Volk for being great contributors, but more importantly, great friends.

Many other friends that I didn’t mention by name because I said I’d try to keep this short haha. 99.9% of my interactions on this site have been positive so if we’ve ever spoken, your name goes here.

—-

With that said, it’s time to pass the torch. Please join me in welcoming Hiro' as the newest RoA Leader! We’re super excited to have you step up into this position and know you’ll do a fantastic job.

Thanks again everyone :Smogjynx:

Volk

Demonstrably alive.
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
phoopes, seeing you step down is another tough loss for the RBY Community, even if it is only from the position of RoA Leader (at least I think that is it; Smogon leadership confuses me sometimes). You've been an excellent presence in the community, being not only reliable and quick to respond with good insight at pretty much all times but also just a generally positive person. Your contributions, both to Smogon's resources and the general vibe of our little community, will not go unremembered. Thank you for your hard work.

I look forward to continuing to work with you in the RBY Discord. Maybe we'll give another Team Tournament a go around at some point in the future. Last time was a bit of a disaster, but a very fun disaster.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)