Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
the game's become an absolute shit show. every single game so far had a widow that doesn't fucking miss. widow is absolutely fucking broken and it's actually taking the fun out of the game so hard for me. I wish it's as simple as "just use genji and winston and jump her!!" but genji cant instantly get to widow while she can pick him off at any distance and monkey can be handled easier than people think.

also sombra is fucking ridiculous. hack a health pack and place the tele, invis behind enemy lines, enjoy a free kill. should shit hit the fan, tele to the health pack and ur safe. hacking health packs in general is bonkers, and hack itself is good in 1v1s against certain characters.

i've played like 30 mins of this patch so far and I can't fucking stand it. maybe it'll get better over time but idk. i haven't enjoyed a single moment so far because of sombra & widow bullshit.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Anyone know if soldier is officially better than mccree at this point? (unless you need flashbang I mean ofc)

Bowtie, if you wanna add me I'm MythicalMark#2186. Keep in mind I play on EU servers, so if you're American we might not get a chance to play much :x

As far as tips go, when I was starting out for me learning maps was very very useful. Learning where health packs are in a pinch and knowing where you can escape (if you're a really mobile hero like Genji or Tracer) can be life saving. Also combining ultimate can be game changing, so try to communicate to your team as to when your ultimate is ready. Some combos include Zarya's Graviton Surge and Pharah's Barrage, or Graviton Surge and Tracer's Pulse Bomb.

You'll learn loads just by playing c:
The first thing I did was go into the shooting range place and then learn every character as best as I could. After that I spent some time VS bots just to learn the maps, I pretty much know where most of the health picks ups are . Sometimes I get a little confused when I'm in areas of the map that no one ever really goes too.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Anyone know if soldier is officially better than mccree at this point? (unless you need flashbang I mean ofc)
In most situations, yes.

New high of 2922 after winning a koth game with a symmetra on my team and a shit sombra. Can't believe it!
Also I keep stomping 1v1 (save once), even got a 5-0.

Playing the 3v3 Elimination game mode and I gotta say its like the Pokemon version of Battle Spot Singles, you really need TEAM COMPOSITION or else expect to lose matches. I mainly choose heroes who have a way of healing just in case you're last man standing on your team. Regardless I'm here to share a duo core that in my experience so far is already formidable

Roadhog is a really popular hero (and probably the most popular tank) cause he's super bulky, is able to Take a Breather repeatedly allowing him to regain health through out the match. His hook combo easily destroys the frailer heroes. Mei is kinda similar in a way in that she is able to heal herself and is a solid 1v1er. Roadhog+Mei makes a great tankish core, designed to damage the enemy (great if they stupidly don't have a form of healing) and reducing damage with their abilities. Mei's Ice Wall helps with either delaying the enemy (which allows both Roadhog & Mei to regain health if needed) or trap a hero so that Roadhog can hook them. If the victim somehow manages to live Roadhog's attack, Mei (who should always stick with Roadhog) finishes the enemy off by freezing them. The core can be simply finished by having DPS hero (preferably Solider76 since he can heal the team as well while doing good damage). Overall if the communication is there between Roadhog and Mei, expect a difficult battle.

Also please when choosing a hero, make sure the team has a way of healing due to the lack of health pack.. Either by all three heroes having their own ways of healing or having a healer (which you really need to protect), or else the enemy can easily just chip damage while moving back to heal and repeating all over again. I going to see if I can find more cores since 3v3 Elimination is a really fun game mode.

HailFall

Ive found reaper to be pretty effective in 3v3 with all the hog/mei spam.

Ive noticed some people using the bastion/mercy/rein trio, though ive never actually lost to it. Not sure if theres much you can actually do about this besides doing your best to outplay, given how well those 3 synergize.

Yea Reaper is a solid pick, he can easily shread through Mei if she isn't careful. Roadhog too at times. I think Reaper+Ana can work, Ana puts one down while Reaper tries to take out the other.

Never vsed the bastion/mercy/rein trio so i don't have experience againist it, but at least it gives bastion a niche lol.

i'm disappointed with 1v1. it was the arcade mode I was most excited for but half the hero matchups are horrifically boring. stuff like reinhardt, winston, and dva is basically whoever gets the first hit wins, camping in spawn until the draw timer with bastion and symmetra, and playing the shield recharge game with ~10 energy zarya. and dont even get me started on the toxicity. nearly every game i've played today my opponent felt the need to furiously tbag after literally every round. i'd probably enjoy it a little more if it wasnt such a cesspool of BM.

3v3 = Roadhog + Hanzo + Ana

Lots of healing, a healing nuke, a sleep for CC, one-shot potential with both Roadhog and Hanzo, and long-range sniping with Ana. People haven't found a better comp, but obviously Hanzo depends a bit on skill.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The thing about console is two fold though. since aiming is harder for everyone clutch scope heals are less game deciding. that being said my Ana accuracy at the end of a match is generally in the 60 or 70% range for both scoped and unscoped, so I don't think it's that.

I'd probably attest it to console being more casual, people don't understand why torb and bastion aren't good picks and they think Mercy rez is game breaking. Also there's a lot of racism on Xbox, not sure how it is on PC but it's pretty bad.
60/70+ is not bad !! re torb/bastion, it's console though so wouldn't be surprising to have more of them I guess ? idk haha.

the game's become an absolute shit show. every single game so far had a widow that doesn't fucking miss. widow is absolutely fucking broken and it's actually taking the fun out of the game so hard for me. I wish it's as simple as "just use genji and winston and jump her!!" but genji cant instantly get to widow while she can pick him off at any distance and monkey can be handled easier than people think.

also sombra is fucking ridiculous. hack a health pack and place the tele, invis behind enemy lines, enjoy a free kill. should shit hit the fan, tele to the health pack and ur safe. hacking health packs in general is bonkers, and hack itself is good in 1v1s against certain characters.

i've played like 30 mins of this patch so far and I can't fucking stand it. maybe it'll get better over time but idk. i haven't enjoyed a single moment so far because of sombra & widow bullshit.
Lol I never liked Widow as a concept either, and dislike all widow buffs as well simply cos it's widow x) Speaking of widow, hey widow is yet another hero that forces your own team to group up, with Rein! heh. Yea Winston doesn't counter Widow because Grapple is a thing. Also double diving for just a widow is dumb. At least Sombra does deal with widow better than monkey. Sombra's annoyance level is probably above Tracer. Which is UGH hahhah. Please don't design any more heroes with unfun mechanics, like I don't care even if said hero is underpowered and has unfun mechanics. Just don't. Also her passive is dumb I'd prefer she have Spy's passive which is to see all enemy HP rather than lol wall hack 9.9

The first thing I did was go into the shooting range place and then learn every character as best as I could. After that I spent some time VS bots just to learn the maps, I pretty much know where most of the health picks ups are . Sometimes I get a little confused when I'm in areas of the map that no one ever really goes too.
No worries!! I think I took like a week to properly know the maps ? haha. Just have fun running around and focus on getting used the game before going into details first :)

--

Also... LOL Sombra in S2... Like.. I don't mind having heroes added mid season and stuff, but MEHG Sombra is gonna get instalocked lols. Questionable but w/evs. Rip team comp and stuff and people will have no idea how to play her and play against her. Probably worse situation than S1 Ana because people don't actually pick Ana because no one had confidence in her unless you're daring and have the screw meta mentality. Sombra is just gonna be a trap for people, then people are gonna say Sombra is weak because they don't know how to play her lols. (and let's hope blizz dont buff her based on that....)

Mei Hog is a really bad duo in 3v3. Ecopoint doesn't force fights around chokes where Wall would be useful. If a team pushes stairs into a Mei then they deserve to lose. Hog is a fat DPS-Pick hero. With Mei Hog you literally just have to spam that at range and they just die, with or without heals. Mei Hog is one of the easiest combo to deal with as long as you don't have an instant lose comp.

I do like Harsha's suggestion though. Hog and Hanzo are double picks, plus Sonic Arrow is really useful. Ana Hog is very anti dive and at worst Hanzo just scatters. It's a well rounded pick comp. Oh, I forgot Ana works as a pick class cos sleep dart too. So lol. One mistake and this comp just wins lol.

I think I ran like Lucio Genji Sombra as a mobile glass cannon dive comp? More of for fun than anything. Basically just wait for the enemy to screw up once and punish. It's not really good but it's worth its fun for a mobility/damage mix.

--

Yea I think I previously already mentioned all the reasons why I dislike the PTR/this patch. It feels really lazy and stuff. Like, what feedback did they get from PTR and from whom? There's some good stuff and all but some other things they completely left unaddressed and just rolled with. So :S w/e, would be interesting to see how the pro scene abuses the new patch.

HailFall

I actually really enjoy 1v1. I wouldnt let teabagging bother you too much. A little obnoxious but i think its rarely meant as anything more than a lighthearted taunt.

I think the duels in 1v1 are fascinating and each has their own unique strategy.

Genji v genji is about hitting swift strikes first, shurikens second. 1 ss is an easy 1/4 of their hp gone they cant get back.

mccree is stright mechanics unless youre dumb and walk into their flashbang as they camp in a corner (like i do :()

Pharah is about leading your rockets and staying in the air no matter what.

Soldier is about landing the direct hit helix rocket.

Tracer is about diving them the second they use their recall.

With mei you need to either start freezing them first or snipe with icicles.

Widow is just a classic sniper duel. Remember that a bodyshot you hit is better than a missed headshot.

Dva is about having superior tracking aim for their critbox. Never use your defense matrix unless they are baby dva.

Rein is about landing fire strikes and weighing risk/reward for a possible charge you could do. If you manage to pin youve basically won.

hog is about hitting right clicks and hooking them only when they are in range of being one shot by you.

Zarya is mostly just tracking. I like to intentionally feed their shields then pop mine after in order to get even more charge off them.

Symmetra is about landing an orb and/or locking on first.

I actually really enjoy 1v1. I wouldnt let teabagging bother you too much. A little obnoxious but i think its rarely meant as anything more than a lighthearted taunt.

I think the duels in 1v1 are fascinating and each has their own unique strategy.

Genji v genji is about hitting swift strikes first, shurikens second. 1 ss is an easy 1/4 of their hp gone they cant get back.

mccree is stright mechanics unless youre dumb and walk into their flashbang as they camp in a corner (like i do :()

Widow is just a classic sniper duel. Remember that a bodyshot you hit is better than a missed headshot.

Dva is about having superior tracking aim for their critbox. Never use your defense matrix unless they are baby dva.

Rein is about landing fire strikes and weighing risk/reward for a possible charge you could do. If you manage to pin youve basically won.

hog is about hitting right clicks and hooking them only when they are in range of being one shot by you.

Zarya is mostly just tracking. I like to intentionally feed their shields then pop mine after in order to get even more charge off them.

just a note but i don't agree truly with the genji v genji. if you let the enemy swift strike first and then turn around and combo, you actually get a ton of free damage off and the ability to swift strike after his movement options are gone. if you're good enough to do it quickly, he also can't deflect.

1v1 is really boring to me and honestly infuriating. Winston 1v1 duels also suck

3v3 I've only played once but it was pretty fun. I used Zenyatta, with Soldier and Sombra teammates to win vs Tracer, Sombra and Soldier. I liked Zen because his orbs felt very useful and shields are very nice to have in that mode :) Might try it more when I get the chance. Roadhog and Reaper do seem very powerful though.

As for Sombra, she's literally just as annoying as I thought.... she makes my two favorite heroes (Mercy / Symmetra) even less fun to play :/ and honestly just makes Ana / Lucio even more mandatory for the support slot in competitive since they have the best chance of dealing with her. Which sucks because I'm starting to get REAL fucking sick of Lucio, who thought a support who literally just stands near his team and shoots Rein shield the entire game is fun? >.> Obviously that's an over exaggeration but outside of switching songs a couple of times and the initial speed boost he really does feel low-impact, mainly because it's not really YOU doing the healing / speed boosting, it's the music which does it for you.

What I'm really excited for is D.va buff, she could potentially becomes really fun with her health + speed increase. Although I still think Winston will be a better dive character when properly supported. D.va might work better against teams with Reaper / Zen / Roadhog though. :D Definitely going to start practicing her again!

Another character I hate but might be worth looking into again is Torb. He's so fucking ugly which is why I hate him so much (the Halloween spray only made it worse like jesus christ) but tbh that armor generation + ult is pretty powerful. My Torb's definitely not ready for comp lol but he might be worth running on maps like Hanamura and Numbani first point defense now. Plus he can tilt the enemy team so hard ;)

Anyways, patch notes aside, I have to share this really funny experience I had in comp the other day. So we're on Numbani defense and they've pushed the payload to the third section. Our team has been communicating (not me though but I'm listening) throughout the match and we've been working pretty well together. Anyways they have 30 seconds left and have one final push. So they're coming up right... and then all of a sudden our D.va's like "Oh shit, pizza's here!" I'm like "wtf?" and then I hear his doorbell ring through his mic as he proceeds to AFK in spawn and they push the payload to the end in Overtime. We lost that match, I kinda wanted to be salty but at the same time it was so hilarious I couldn't even really be. Like really, fucking pizza delivery mid competitive match?! Of all things haha xD

Also apologies in advance is this post sucks it's 1:00 AM and I just got done binging the patch. <3

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Winston 1v1 is all about the jumps. I always win with a wide hp margin because I time the jumps and melees real well. Reinhardt is a classic for me, since I played rein a lot, it's about good firestrikes and avoiding charges, or charging second!
Also that happened to me once, I just made the pizza guy wait.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ahahahha I dropped to 2.8k, though I probably asked for it by duo queuing with a 2.5k friend, who tbh somehow did pretty well as Zarya with like golds even though like she's a Mercy main and pretty new to Zarya and also Zarya nerf. Like, idk man are Plats that bad that my Mercy friend is maintaining like ridiculous energy levels and murdering things despite me not really healing her. Also the atmosphere here in Asia seems reallyyyyy bad. Stereotype or not, most Koreans are like auto tilt once the team doesn't follow the meta 9.9 A lot, like really a lot of blame gaming on DPS/Tank/even Supports. Like dudeeeeee you aren't even good yourself what rights do you have to blame others like seriously? I really despise playing comp at plat/diamond level cos people are so full of themselves and stuff. Like, I don't care if they're mechanically bad, but if they just bring toxicity, I don't care if they're god tier genji or whatever. I'd take a potato who's non toxic and the team would probably play better. No offense to all plat- players, but it's really just the annoying players I really look down on. I don't care if anyone isn't skilled as long as they have a positive attitude. Positive people are the ones you can play around their strengths, letting you amplify their strengths even if they aren't as good. Toxic people? Nah there's just no chance of doing any good with them. Giving them Nano Boost and they can't make anything out of it even if it's just pressing Q.

Seriously considering picking up DPS on S3 just to grind the climb then go back to play support afterwards if I succeed in the climb. Also it's been so long since Ana has been meta and people still don't know how to position themselves to receive a Nano Boost smh. People standing behind walls, behind a ledge, all the nonsense. I've screwed up so many Nanos today because their positioning is just so weird. Nano's aimlock is also weird af to begin with.

I'm really annoyed how much I have to gimp my playstyle just to keep people alive. All those random overextension by Rein and stuff. I as Ana have to overextend, kill things along the way, just to keep Rein alive because he likes M1ing into a random corner out of my LOS etc. Z_Z teammates are such a limiting factor. Also oh gosh idk to call it hilarious or what but a McCree and S76, can't kill Pharah who has discord on her. Like double hitscan, and Pharah still cause problems. Just no lmao, we're not playing on console. But yeaaaa enough ranting, I should probably go ham and go DPS-Support hybrid like S76 (who's really just DPS imo), instead of Support-DPS hybrid. But eh people seem to die reallyyyyyy fast whenever I don't play healer. Plat comp atm is too much of a joke right now.

Also Sombra players now, just don't. Sombra is free kills even though I'm playing support. People are already not adept enough on Tracer/Genji, why do they bother with Sombra who has a lower damage output. Sombra is just not suited for uncoordinated play lol. Anyway, yea the 25% thing is reallyyyyyyyy noticeable on bad teammates. You can go the entire map and they only have 2 dps ult that are used once charged. IDK if support ults are as bugged as they say but gosh the skill disparity is hugeeee and ult economy is so ridiculous now. It makes bad DPS players really stand out, like they can neither DM nor have ults to use as their crutch. I don't think this change is any fun for lower level play given the current OW map design. Haven't watched the APEX games yet so idk how it affects pro scene other than my previous guess.

Overall, this patch is all about MAH SERVANTS NEVA DIE. That's the most impt thing heh.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ahahahha I dropped to 2.8k, though I probably asked for it by duo queuing with a 2.5k friend, who tbh somehow did pretty well as Zarya with like golds even though like she's a Mercy main and pretty new to Zarya and also Zarya nerf. Like, idk man are Plats that bad that my Mercy friend is maintaining like ridiculous energy levels and murdering things despite me not really healing her. Also the atmosphere here in Asia seems reallyyyyy bad. Stereotype or not, most Koreans are like auto tilt once the team doesn't follow the meta 9.9 A lot, like really a lot of blame gaming on DPS/Tank/even Supports. Like dudeeeeee you aren't even good yourself what rights do you have to blame others like seriously? I really despise playing comp at plat/diamond level cos people are so full of themselves and stuff. Like, I don't care if they're mechanically bad, but if they just bring toxicity, I don't care if they're god tier genji or whatever. I'd take a potato who's non toxic and the team would probably play better. No offense to all plat- players, but it's really just the annoying players I really look down on. I don't care if anyone isn't skilled as long as they have a positive attitude. Positive people are the ones you can play around their strengths, letting you amplify their strengths even if they aren't as good. Toxic people? Nah there's just no chance of doing any good with them. Giving them Nano Boost and they can't make anything out of it even if it's just pressing Q.

Seriously considering picking up DPS on S3 just to grind the climb then go back to play support afterwards if I succeed in the climb. Also it's been so long since Ana has been meta and people still don't know how to position themselves to receive a Nano Boost smh. People standing behind walls, behind a ledge, all the nonsense. I've screwed up so many Nanos today because their positioning is just so weird. Nano's aimlock is also weird af to begin with.

I'm really annoyed how much I have to gimp my playstyle just to keep people alive. All those random overextension by Rein and stuff. I as Ana have to overextend, kill things along the way, just to keep Rein alive because he likes M1ing into a random corner out of my LOS etc. Z_Z teammates are such a limiting factor. Also oh gosh idk to call it hilarious or what but a McCree and S76, can't kill Pharah who has discord on her. Like double hitscan, and Pharah still cause problems. Just no lmao, we're not playing on console. But yeaaaa enough ranting, I should probably go ham and go DPS-Support hybrid like S76 (who's really just DPS imo), instead of Support-DPS hybrid. But eh people seem to die reallyyyyyy fast whenever I don't play healer. Plat comp atm is too much of a joke right now.

Also Sombra players now, just don't. Sombra is free kills even though I'm playing support. People are already not adept enough on Tracer/Genji, why do they bother with Sombra who has a lower damage output. Sombra is just not suited for uncoordinated play lol. Anyway, yea the 25% thing is reallyyyyyyyy noticeable on bad teammates. You can go the entire map and they only have 2 dps ult that are used once charged. IDK if support ults are as bugged as they say but gosh the skill disparity is hugeeee and ult economy is so ridiculous now. It makes bad DPS players really stand out, like they can neither DM nor have ults to use as their crutch. I don't think this change is any fun for lower level play given the current OW map design. Haven't watched the APEX games yet so idk how it affects pro scene other than my previous guess.

Overall, this patch is all about MAH SERVANTS NEVA DIE. That's the most impt thing heh.

Last edited:

sandshrewz

POTATO
Senpai teach me how to English :( ahahaha

edit:

S76 feels reallyyyyyy good and fun. Even though my tracking isn't superb, he seems pretty fine and I like it. Just tried Zarya for a bit and rofl I was permanently low energy but dang the beam detection change is sooooooooooo good that even my bad track aim still does a ton of damage. Like, I barely used the left click before that I swapped my m1 and m2 binds, but now I use the beam so much :0!!! Also rofl I didn't even get a graviton up on koth if we cap 99%-0 despite the silver elims >_>!! Tried Pharah too, and well I don't quite like the changes, personally anyway. Idk maybe the jetpack feels good but I miss bouncing people around when I land directs. Anyway yea S76 and Zarya beam feels good even though I'm primarily a projectile player.

Last edited:

HailFall

I might play widow a good amount for s3 depending on if shes meta and how confident im feeling with her. Id be surprised if she was like really meta but id just be looking for her to be decent. ive been practicing her a lot and although im not amazing im definitely seeing a lot of improvement, i just need to work on consistency.

I spent about all night last night doing the 1v1 mode. It's so fucking awesome. I really enjoy how it makes you play in ways you never thought you needed to play before. I usually main D.Va and in D.Va 1v1s you have to be so much more aggressive than usual. However I did notice some flaws with it,

Essentially

Bastion, whoever hits shift first wins.

Mcree, who ever rightclicks first wins

Sombra, whoever hacks first wins

Reindhart, whoever hits shift first wins

Ect.
There are a lot of characters who have really strong 1v1 aspects, and I think they make the game type a little unfun at times.

Senpai teach me how to English :( ahahaha

edit:

S76 feels reallyyyyyy good and fun. Even though my tracking isn't superb, he seems pretty fine and I like it. Just tried Zarya for a bit and rofl I was permanently low energy but dang the beam detection change is sooooooooooo good that even my bad track aim still does a ton of damage. Like, I barely used the left click before that I swapped my m1 and m2 binds, but now I use the beam so much :0!!! Also rofl I didn't even get a graviton up on koth if we cap 99%-0 despite the silver elims >_>!! Tried Pharah too, and well I don't quite like the changes, personally anyway. Idk maybe the jetpack feels good but I miss bouncing people around when I land directs. Anyway yea S76 and Zarya beam feels good even though I'm primarily a projectile player.
Pro zarya tips if you want them:
1) Don't feel like you need to activate your shields as soon as you get them. They're unique in that you can get more value by waiting for the right moment, instead of something like 76's rockets where you can get value basically every time you use them.

2) Activate your own shield after you engage in combat, so they're already firing upon you. If you activate it before you engage in combat, they could just ignore you for the 2 seconds and give you no energy

3) Only use projected barrier on teammates that you know will recieve damage shortly. Diving genjis and winstons are the best candidates, not something like the zenyatta behind the rein shield

4) Use primary fire for most, if not all, single targets. It can output more consistent damage and is easier to aim. It can also bypass deflect and defense matrix. Use secondary fire for out of range enemies, juggling, or, of course, groups.

5) Coordinate Graviton with someone else's ultimate, or with other teammates. Used alone, it's pretty weak tbh

Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)