SM OU OU Team; Necrozma Trick Room Team

Rate my Team?

• Total voters
This team helped me relatively well in the low ladder parts of OU, although I have little to no experience with Gen 7 OU so this team probably isn't the greatest.
Thanks for reading

Trigoniggatry (Necrozma) @ Leftovers

Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Photon Geyser
- Signal Beam
- Trick Room
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Necrozma is usually the main trick room setter of my team, as he's one of my favorite Gen 7 mons. I usually lead with him if teams have Landorus-T, as he has Hidden power ice and can usually take care of it. If they lead with Landorus, you can either kill it first or go for the Trick room off the bat. In trick room he's a pretty decent force, being able to take on the likes of Infernape, Mimikyu, Weavile, and other frail threats. He falls short to other mons that can kill him with ease, and isn't the best mon that you can just up and switch into, even with his Prism Armor. He can take hits like Thundurus-T, Gengar, and Weavile at the cost of a majority of his health, so switching into him without Trick Room up isn't necessarily the safest. He runs Signal Beam for the dark type coverage, and Hidden power Ice kinda just to deal with Landorus.

Calculations:
252+ SpA Necrozma Photon Geyser vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Infernape: 348-410 (118.7 - 139.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Necrozma Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Infernape: 348-410 (97.7 - 115.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Thundurus-Therian Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Prism Armor Necrozma: 256-303 (64.3 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Prism Armor Necrozma: 225-265 (56.5 - 66.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Prism Armor Necrozma: 324-382 (81.4 - 95.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Threats:
Weavile
Gengar
Thundurus-T
Sableye-Mega
Bisharp
Other Hyper Offense/Tanky Dark types

Guardian (Stakataka) @ Rockium/Steelium Z

Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Stakataka is the second trick room setter, and not the greatest one. His 4 times weakness to ground pretty much guarantees a death against foes such as landorus and maybe even venusaur if they get a crit against you. I generally switch in on fairies such as gardevoir and mimikyu and take advantage of the switch to set up a trick room. Continental crush provides pretty much a one hit KO against any resistant rock walls. This pretty much provides him with a free +1 defense, and in a trick room this little fucker becomes a HUGE threat, dealing heavy damage to pretty much anything other then some grass types. Continental crush helps kill some mons that Stakataka can nearly kill, but not quite enough to completely take them out. You can also use Steelium Z for mons like Tyranitar and Groundium Z for magearna, but earthquake covers him well and Rockium Z does more damage to tanks like Venusaur.

Calculations:

-1 252+ Atk Stakataka Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 235-277 (73.6 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (with intimidate)
252+ Atk Stakataka Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 354-417 (110.9 - 130.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO (w/o)
252+ Atk Stakataka Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 248 HP / 88 Def Venusaur-Mega: 253-298 (69.6 - 82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Stakataka Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 248 HP / 88 Def Venusaur: 342-403 (94.2 - 111%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Stakataka Gyro Ball (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar-Mega: 306-362 (89.7 - 106.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Threats:

Landorus
Ash-Greninja
Infernape
Mega Swampert
Etc.

Trojan (Komala) (M) @ Choice Band

Ability: Comatose
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Last Resort

Something you should know-- I love using low tiers in OU. What's Komala? A low tier, and probably my favorite Gen 7 mon. He's slow, and he has a super simple niche. Destroy everything. In. Sight. Of course, you could do the "viable" thing and run U-turn, Sucker Punch/Return, Wish and Protect, but that's lame. This, this is art. With Komala's Comatose ability causing Komala to be considered asleep, you can make use of sleep talk to churn out Last Resorts like a fucking god. That's like a base 150+ attack, allowing Komala to murder everything in sight-- besides ghosts but we don't talk about those. Moving on, Komala can 2 shot ferrothorn, eviscerate Landorus, and-- I'm gonna stop and show the calculations before this transcends into a shitpost. But in trick room, Komala is borderline unstoppable-- besides ghosts but they don't matter.

Calculations: (Keep in mind that the damage calculator did not allow me to use Sleep talk along with Last resort, so due to it being purely last resort, the damage output is slightly nerfed.)

252+ Atk Choice Band Komala Last Resort vs. 248 HP / 88 Def Venusaur-Mega: 268-316 (73.8 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Komala Last Resort vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 115-136 (32.6 - 38.6%) -- 4.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Komala Last Resort vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Swampert-Mega: 316-373 (92.6 - 109.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Komala Last Resort vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Tapu Koko: 303-357 (88 - 103.7%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

Threats:

Ghost Types.
Uh, any fighting type/physical sweeper outside of trick room

XJ-9 (Magearna) @ Assault Vest

Ability: Soul-Heart
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Typical Magearna. Wallbreaking, blah blah blah. You could replace this with Choice specs magnet pull magneton for other Magearnas to be countered by HP fire.

Calcs:
252 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0- SpD Tapu Koko: 300-354 (87.2 - 102.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Magearna Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 204-240 (57.9 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Magearna Hidden Power Fire vs. 200 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Magearna: 58-70 (16.5 - 19.9%) -- possible 6HKO (you could use firium Z to avoid awkward situations like this)

Threats:

Infernape
Magneton
Stakataka(?)

Filia (Mawile-Mega) (F) @ Mawilite

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch/Fire Fang

Mawile is the mon who once I thought of a trick room team, I wanted her on my team. She proves us with a fucking massive amount of 678 attack, as well as stab moves in Play Rough and Iron head, on TOP of one of, if not the best dual typings in the game, with 9 resistances and 2 immunities, Mawile is the mon that you can dependently switch into and wreak havoc with, Trick room up or not. Stone Edge provides solid coverage against her fire weakness, and Sucker Punch allows for revenge killing and gives her some priority to finish some mons off. Her ground weakness can easily be covered by play rough, however threats like Stakataka give her a big run for her money, however, a easily replacement in Sucker punch with fire fang could help balance that out, but Iron head does do more damage on type of a flinch chance.

Calcs:
252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 288-340 (89.1 - 105.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Landorus-Therian: 220-261 (57.5 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Stakataka: 112-133 (42.5 - 50.5%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Stakataka Earthquake vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Mawile-Mega: 182-216 (68.9 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Threats:​

Infernape
Stakataka
Landorus
Tapu Koko (outside of TR)
Other Special Sweepers

Uniqua (Tapu Lele) @ Life Orb / Specs

Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Taunt (if using life orb)
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball / Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball

Tapu Lele is going to be the support of the team. While providing her offensive power and good coverage to support her teammates, Tapu Lele also brings her Psychic Surge ability onto the field. This will prevent forces that depend on moves with priority, such as fake out mons like unburden Hitmonlee, Bullet Punch Bisharp and Scizor, Ash Greninja's water shuriken, and prankster status moves from Sableye, Whimsicott, and Thundurus. Tapu Lele is the pivot to switch into when her teammates are in danger. Ash Greninja will no longer terrorize your team with priority multi hitting attacks, and you won't be revenge killed by sucker punchers (however, please be careful when using Mawile so you don't blow a turn). All in all, Tapu Lele is the glue that holds the team together. Without her Psychic Terrain, her mons would be really vulnerable to some mons. Sometimes things just have to get weird.

Calcs:
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Lele Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Swampert-Mega: 380-452 (94 - 111.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Landorus-Therian: 235-278 (61.5 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Lele Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Bisharp: 229-270 (84.5 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Moonblast also does a lot of damage)
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Infernape in Psychic Terrain: 673-795 (229.6 - 271.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Victini in Psychic Terrain: 129-152 (37.8 - 44.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 257-304 (74.7 - 88.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Lele Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 16 SpD Scizor-Mega: 338-400 (98.5 - 116.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Threats:

Stakataka
Scizor-M
Tapu Koko
Other Hard hitters
With all of that being said, thanks for reading. Feel free to criticize my team and point out some errors I made. Again, not too big on the whole Gen 7 OU thing, but I find this team pretty fun to play with.

Here's an importable;

Guardian (Stakataka) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

XJ-9 (Magearna) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Trigoniggatry (Necrozma) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
Quiet Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Signal Beam
- Trick Room
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Trojan (Komala) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Comatose
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Last Resort

OOF (Mawile-Mega) (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch

Uniqua (Tapu Lele) @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball

Last edited:
Hey cool team concept with Necrozma but i have some suggestions to make it better.

Brave -> Lonely
31 Def IVs -> 15 IVs

This is very minor but whenever Stakataka claims a kill with this iv spread it will receive an Attack boost.

->

Hidden Power Fire -> Trick Room
Modest -> Quiet

Assault Vest Magearna has no place on a Trick Room archetype, it legit has none, there is no reason to use it. Instead of Assault Vest u should probably use OTR as this fits ur team a lot better, Thunderbolt can also be replaced with Trick Room to keep Hidden Power Fire if that is preferred but that means u lose to Toxapex and Scizor, Scizor should however not be that big of a problem with my other changes. Quiet should be used so Magearna outspeeds Celesteela under TR. Life Orb may seem odd but it allows Magearna to beat Toxapex 1v1.

->
/

Signal Beam -> Heat Wave
Hidden Power Ice -> Earth Power

There's really no reason to use Leftovers, Mind Plate allows Necrozma to beat almost every hazard setter while avoiding Life Orb recoil, Life Orb can be used for a greater damage output on the other moves but does come with recoil which really sux at times. Imo u kinda need Heat Wave on this since Magearna is no longer carrying Hidden Power Fire in its arsenal to beat Ferrothorn and Scizor etc.

->

Komala is really not that viable despite its decent damage output, Alolan Marowak provides ur team with a way to beat stall, which ur team really struggles against, it's also a useful nuke to pressure Lando-T with which ur team tends to struggle against.

Iron Head -> Swords Dance
Stone Edge -> Thunder Punch / Knock Off

Why. The. Fuck. Does. This. Have. Iron Head. And. Stone Edge. They hit nothing that ur team doesnt already deal with, instead I'd suggest using Swords Dance since this is yet another way to heavily pressure the opposing team when Mawile is under Trick Room. Stone Edge is legit fucking worthless on Mawile and hits absolutely nothing, instead u should use Thunder Punch to hit Heatran and Water-types hard or Knock Off to hit Heatran and cripple bulkier Pokemon like Ferrothorn.

->

Now why the fuck is there a Tapu Lele and not a suicide lead to get up Trick Room, Uxie also provides u with Stealth Rock which ur team (for some reason?) is lacking.

click-><-click​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)