OT List?

I was wondering if we could get a complete list of OT's from people on Smogon. Think about it. It may be difficult, BUT think of how easy it would be to credit. It could be listed in alphabetical order, maybe something like this?

Ace ZX ~ 18202 ~ acetrainerzx

AKIRA ~ 53549 ~ Akiratron

AvZLorD ~ 61556 ~AncienTLorD86

Axe Ace ~ 41787 ~ acetrainerzx

Brad ~ 02811 ~ GunblazeGriffin

Brad ~ 34798 ~ GunblazeGriffin

Eppie ~ 25162 ~ Eppie

EXIE ~ 22194 ~ EXIE

EXIE ~ 48539 ~ EXIE

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What is an OT?

EDIT: Oh, the trainer name thing. How would listing them be any more useful or easy for credit in trade threads than just listing their username? That's not mentioning the fact that it would take a huge amount of time and effort to compile and maintain such a list.

And if this does get approved (doubt it will), you're going to be the one doing this entire list. Don't expect others to do it for you. Are you up for it?

There is also the fact that some people might have the same OT. We already have Friend Codes for identifying people for the purposes of trade, credit, battle and WiFi blacklisting. Then, why on earth do we need to know everyone's OT?

Even attempting to document what must be well over 3000 OT's will be a foolish, pointless exercise and a complete waste of time. I seriously doubt the chances of this getting approved.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You could set up a form on google docs or something which users could submit OT/Smogon username/Friend Code/link to trade thread. I'm not a wifier, but that sounds fairly handy if you wanted to track down the person who originally caught/hatched your Pokemon. It'd not be perfect or perfectly up to date, but better than nothing.

What is an OT?

EDIT: Oh, the trainer name thing. How would listing them be any more useful or easy for credit in trade threads than just listing their username? That's not mentioning the fact that it would take a huge amount of time and effort to compile and maintain such a list.
Yes it would. But still I think it'd be helpful

And if this does get approved (doubt it will), you're going to be the one doing this entire list. Don't expect others to do it for you. Are you up for it?
I know it would mostly be me (if not all) but I'd still do it.

There is also the fact that some people might have the same OT. We already have Friend Codes for identifying people for the purposes of trade, credit, battle and WiFi blacklisting. Then, why on earth do we need to know everyone's OT?

Well when I came to the forums, I had tons and tons of Pokemon, but I didn't know who the owner was. I only knew who the OT and ID was. This was very difficult, and I still don't know several OT's.

Even attempting to document what must be well over 3000 OT's will be a foolish, pointless exercise and a complete waste of time. I seriously doubt the chances of this getting approved.
That's your opinion, but I think it would be convenient.

You could set up a form on google docs or something which users could submit OT/Smogon username/Friend Code/link to trade thread. I'm not a wifier, but that sounds fairly handy if you wanted to track down the person who originally caught/hatched your Pokemon. It'd not be perfect or perfectly up to date, but better than nothing.

Finally, someone who agrees! I think I will set up a Google Docs thing.

OT's are much easier to remember rather than their FC, you're not gonna give someone credit by listing their OT, and what if you dont know someone's OT/ID but FC? then you find yourself searching for the FC, but instead you could go to this, and btw, there won't 3000 people to list, this is for Wi-fi, and how many people have their own pokemon up for trade?
so basiclly, if you have pokemon that are being traded, post your OT and ID (And maybe FC?) in the format given, then it could be simply Copy and pasted into the thread, it takes people under a minute to make the post.

This could be a good idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)