Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

Apparently Brightpowder was banned until some time during Gen 5, when Evasion Clause was revamped.
And now you can actually use Brightpowder along with Sand Viel. That's uncompetitive as fuck and should have been quickbanned ages ago. In fact there was a team rolling around that got easy wins by misshax. Thus resulting in my sig.

So King's Rock can't flinch when used along with a flinching move? Or does it just not stack?

So King's Rock can't flinch when used along with a flinching move? Or does it just not stack?
King's Rock (and Razor Fang) only provide a flinch chance to moves that do not naturally possess one. Of course, Cloyster or Cincinno can indeed be sickening with these items and their five-hit moves (since each hit has an individual flinch chance), but considering that Scarf Jirachi exists, they're not the biggest threats for flinch hax by a long shot.

For Wobbuffet, what does the Sitrus Berry set do? Preferably with a replay showcasing what it does (in the sense that the Custap set is used for a "surprise"/fast destiny bond). Also, are there any good sets besides Sitrus and custap?

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
For Wobbuffet, what does the Sitrus Berry set do? Preferably with a replay showcasing what it does (in the sense that the Custap set is used for a "surprise"/fast destiny bond). Also, are there any good sets besides Sitrus and custap?
Sitrus allows it to avoid a 2HKO such as Specs Keld's Hydro Pump and M-Gyara's unboosted crunch, allowing it to Encore the latter reliably at full health and switch into the former more aggressively. It is used on Safeguard variants to allow things like Azu and Zard to set up on moves like Wisp and T-Wave, respectively.
  • 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Crunch vs. 28 HP / 240+ Def Wobbuffet: 332-392 (62.8 - 74.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
  • 252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 28 HP / 220 SpD Wobbuffet: 306-360 (57.9 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Speedy wobb is a great option if your team struggles with fatmons like Chansey, Skarmory etc. as pairing it with a Pursuit trapper allows you to lower their defense to -6 and OHKO them with Pursuit. This set is also able to PP stall by locking into moves like Roost repeatedly if the pursuit trapper dies.

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers / Custap Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP / 124 Def / 128 SpD / 228 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Tickle
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
Is there any reason to use M-Absol over SD bisharp?
Higher speed makes it less reliant on Sucker Punch; Magic Bounce lets it deter hazards and take advantage of passive Pokemon like Chansey while also blocking Wisps. Dark+Fairy is jesus coverage. Decent mixed attacking potential if not SD.

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks! Are there any notable sets besides "fast" Custap dbond and fast Sitrus Tickle + Pursuit?
Custap D-bond and bulky both use the same spread as they both check the same things. Bulky and speedy are the only sets you should consider using on Wobb. I'm actually working on the analysis atm if you want more info on how the sets function. Take a look at the link below if you're interested:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/wobbuffet-qc-2-3-written.3552153/

Teammates for Bird Jesus Mega Pidgeot in an offensive team? Maybe a Nasty Plot Passer like Celebi or Togekiss?

I know that remove Heatran is mandatory.

Teammates for Bird Jesus Mega Pidgeot in an offensive team? Maybe a Nasty Plot Passer like Celebi or Togekiss?

I know that remove Heatran is mandatory.
Dugtrio is a good one, since it can trap and dispose of Heatran as well as Tyranitar with ease (and Pidgeot U-Turning into it can pop an Air Balloon). Excadrill or Starmie can provide hazard control while also packing a fairly solid punch.

Stuff that can beat Electrics like Raikou, Thundurus, Zapdos, and Rotom Wash. Hippo comes to mind, though it doesn't appreciate taking a Hydro Pump.

You can beat a lot of these with Hyper Beam but its recommended you save that for an emergency.

Martin

Hyper Beam Pidgeot isn't that good anymore tbh. You're better off with Work Up to stallbreak nowadays, as otherwise you might as well just use Torn.

Anyway yea Duggy is ur best bet. Traps and eliminates checks to Pidge like electrics (barring rotom)/tran/t-tar and has good synergy wit Pide's U-turn.

Hyper Beam Pidgeot isn't that good anymore tbh. You're better off with Work Up to stallbreak nowadays, as otherwise you might as well just use Torn.

Anyway yea Duggy is ur best bet. Traps and eliminates checks to Pidge like electrics (barring rotom)/tran/t-tar and has good synergy wit Pide's U-turn.
Never Heard about a stallbreaker set, how do it works?

Martin

Never Heard about a stallbreaker set, how do it works?
Basically, you can set up on defensive pokemon with Work Up/refresh to allow it to break stall similarly to CM 'mons. It functions v.s. offense by U-turning and dealing heavy damage with Hurricane.

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Work Up
- Roost
- Refresh

U-turn can be used over Refresh if you want to, but its honestly not worth it a lot of the time as you lose the ability to stallbreak consistently.

What is a fast mon that can take a hit?
Garchomp comes to mind, but it's not always great type synergy.
Actually garchomp has one of the best defensive types in the game, thats why TankChomp is so popular.

Anyway some are Latias, Latios(watch out for too powerful attacks), Serperior , Mega Gallade, Mega Metagross, Mega Diance.

Those are the ones i remember now.

Could someone pass me a Charizard Y team that is up to date for the current meta? It doesn't have to be crazy or have innovation that'd leave Thomas Edison jealous--just consistent, solid, and up-to-date. Thanks!

Why is special Victini still labeled a lure set? I do know it smashes whatever's expecting a V-Create, but it's perfectly usable in its own right.

Why is special Victini still labeled a lure set? I do know it smashes whatever's expecting a V-Create, but it's perfectly usable in its own right.
Maybe is aimed to kill things that take V-Create and Bolt Strike, but is mediocre IMO.

Some calcs:

252+ SpA Expert Belt Victini Glaciate vs. 252 HP / 76 SpD Garchomp: 326-389 (77.6 - 92.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Expert Belt Victini Glaciate vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 178-211 (42.3 - 50.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Victini Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 220-261 (52.3 - 62.1%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Expert Belt Victini Glaciate vs. 200 HP / 0 SpD Dragalge: 132-156 (41.1 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Expert Belt Victini Glaciate vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 156-185 (48.2 - 57.2%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Expert Belt Victini Glaciate vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Altaria: 149-178 (51.2 - 61.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The most common set for Victini is the Choice Band (at least shown by the latest 1825 stats,) so most people expect it to be that. If you're the lure set, you can take advantage of that fact and surprise the usual checks/counters/ switch-ins for the band set, like Hippowdon, TankChomp, and other fat Dragons. The lure set is fine, but I find slightly underwhelming imo.

Could someone pass me a Charizard Y team that is up to date for the current meta? It doesn't have to be crazy or have innovation that'd leave Thomas Edison jealous--just consistent, solid, and up-to-date. Thanks!
It's not perfect (like every team) but I hope it works for you, like for me. This team is like every Mega Charizard Y + Sand team ever made except for the Serperior set. Its purpose is luring in Flying-types, so the pressure is lifted off TTar and Excadrill, the former not having recovery and the latter only having decent bulk.
Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature / Modest
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock / Leftovers / Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam

Excadrill @ Life Orb / Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature / Jolly
IVs: 29 HP
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Serperior @ Coba Berry
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Glare

Last edited:
Why do people run Dark Pulse over Hyperspace Fury on Hoopa?
Dark Pulse's advantages: higher PP, no Def drop, and you might be able to pick up a flinch or two. Plus the power differential isn't that large (100 BP off 160 Atk vs. 80 BP off 170 SpA), and you can boost on the special side as well.

I was thinking Hoopa had a higher Attack stat considering the EVs being used, but surprisingly its special attack is still higher. Now that I think of it, the only reason to carry Hyperspace Fury is to beat Beedrill 1v1... And because the in game animation for Hyperspace Fury is fucking cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)