Announcement OML O:

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
/afd off

Other Metas has grown a lot over the years thanks to TI and his series of former co-leaders. We've turned from being a small metagame dump to being one of the biggest competitive community subforums on Smogon. All of our formats, events, tournaments, projects, and monthly/seasonal ladders have have made OM into a subforum where there are more vast amounts of opportunities to contribute than in most other subforums on Smogon. We've even helped metagames reach official status or become their own subforum. OM in its way is a mini Smogon, where the section leaders have lots of format leaders to look over and the format leaders have their own metagames to keep track of. Leading OM and pushing its direction forward comes with high maintenance. We frequently have to be cautious in speaking and making decisions to represent all format leaders, look through new ideas with oftentimes unique format leaders to see if they could be approved, and work through to make sure all the metagame/tournament/project hosting goes by smoothly. On top of this, we've historically always had at least one OM Leader at a time step forward into PS Upperstaff and take charge of format maintenance in order to give OM formats more of a chance to thrive. However, the admin position also comes with a myriad of responsibilities on its own, increasing the level of maintenance. With all of this in mind, I've considered that it's worth bringing in a third head of our community, to help balance out workload and further increase our confidence in making the best leadership decisions for OM's future.

Now to end my rambling and cut to the chase:
drampa's grandpa has officially joined SectoniaServant and me in OM Leadership! He has many of the same the same skills SectoniaServant and I have along with a history of leadership and innovation that has gotten our community stronger in the past couple of years. He's been a pillar leadership figure to our community for a while and his contributions have ultimately proven him to be deserving of Community Leader. Congratulations to drampa! He's been a solid member of the OM moderation team for a while and this likely would not change OM much from before we brought Kris and In The Hills to forum staff. SectoniaServant and I have full faith in him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)