~~Oh My!~~

6D7EB2E8-77A6-4FBF-850A-7FE2530B7C7C.jpeg
0C2FB3ED-E15D-44C5-8483-91DB9DF1C3FE.jpeg
B4850E15-5478-4ACD-84A4-09372833BCC4.jpeg
342BB462-FD59-4509-8A1C-48BAA1F8BAC7.jpeg
7EE86BC9-21CC-4D0B-BBC5-448D11B88B04.jpeg
368E4BA0-19F7-4CFE-9B57-E300E58943BB.jpeg

~Introduction~

Hi! My name is Velvet Blood and this is my first RMT after joining smogon. This is an Anything Goes team I’ve been wanting to share for a while that has been giving me good results in matches.
I am a new voice member now in this OM and look forward to what’s to come for in the future for me and this tier, enjoy!

~Teambuilding Process~

17320EBA-B6C2-486D-8EC0-244729A37BE2.jpeg
382F7475-2B69-45CE-95BD-994F108A1CD3.jpeg

As I started to build this team, I wanted to build it as a balanced inspired team to one that fits the meta as it is now. I added rockceus as a support to deal with flying pokemon in ag such as ho-oh for example while being able to set up rocks on stage. As for ray, I needed something to hit necro or outspeed most supportceus when in range to dragon ascent.

8C665743-BECF-4C1F-BE35-1DBA44D0D208.jpeg
E9DA93A5-1010-4EB2-8102-25DF174D6ABC.jpeg
9AFCDE0C-7C6F-4875-9E80-6A6D9A471EAB.jpeg

For my third member I added zygarde to help haze out any offensive ceus that set up so it can be less of an issue, included as well with taking a hit from primal don, unless it is hidden power ice that is then it would be an issue to deal with regarding zyg.

F95980DC-0223-431B-BFF1-94BB130216B7.jpeg
9C108101-32FF-4C10-892F-F08D706BB55B.jpeg
BE76D43F-F89C-4F1A-8AF6-73BD2ADD010E.jpeg
6802C4D8-DC2A-43A8-A746-C06C72FC9A96.jpeg

Fairyceus is everywhere in this meta mainly due to dealing with many threats such as mray, marshadow, and zyg. This is my basic supportceus with defog that’s I included, or basically forced to due to the current meta with mray and marsh.

F61F6528-A205-4357-BA3A-7279CDD857BC.jpeg
099F15DD-5EAC-4496-B0A4-F7671C083193.jpeg
F2388144-3148-467A-9E04-4CAE2B0B79E5.jpeg
0E36D713-04BF-4605-BC6E-65BE605F3C7F.jpeg
359731F8-816B-4673-8EA9-FDFC941499B1.jpeg

Primal Groudon was included to the team to help keep me safe from both primal kyogre and dealing with annoying mons like ferro and skarm with of course a fire based attack. Since my team is really weak to xerneas, I had made my primal groudon roar in order to phase it out to be clear from a geo sweep xerneas.

EE7AA4AE-1AFB-4DAE-92C7-F0F5358796A3.jpeg
007438BA-7E04-40AF-9F18-CB497332EC37.jpeg
503F8968-4CD1-4389-BDDB-1D15CA843CE1.jpeg
8CC8FFCA-AB50-482B-A3DF-C08FE046891D.jpeg
AD918BC8-4324-48D7-9F55-C8F6245CD065.jpeg
D220B6E7-0952-40BD-BE6B-2694168AFD61.jpeg

As I was near the end of finishing my team, I had realized that my struggle primal kyogre would be really difficult to handle, especially those with the offensive set regarding with earthquake. I added ferrothorn to reduce the weakness I have for kyogre, although I have mray, it can be a bit difficult to move around with the team against a kyogre.

~Analysis~

2AF5ABB0-AA2D-4F4D-BE59-A5C170B5D884.gif

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Perish Song
- Judgment
- Recover

I had made rockceus a member in my team to act as my teams Stealth Rock setter due to there not being much else to be for the team. Other than a stealth rock setter, I added rockceus to my team because it is a great addition due to it taking care of mray, specifically ones with v create and as well for ho-oh. It’s speed helps it take care of mixed mray and helps take care of yveltal by avoiding the speed most ceus have a disadvantage with against it. As a supportceus, recover is necessary on this for recovery and it should to be the case for every supportceus or cm ceus. Perish Song is included to help prevent baton pass teams be an issue against the team and forces the user to switch out their progress into anew. Wil-o-Wisp can also be used as an option for mons such as mray or necro, but I chose to stick with perish due to my bp weakness.

74DBD83F-28B1-4EDD-8888-5E319EBB093E.gif

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- V-create
- Toxic

Choice scarf ray since the beginning of USUM meta has been gaining plenty of usage since necro and marshadow have been released in the meta. Rayquaza can help wear off terrain uses on stage from between both primals on a team and having to use specific mons like ferrothorn or groundceus to be able to take care of these two primals is troublesome, but rays delta stream can help wear terrain and as well halve damages of super effective moves such as ice beam in case facing off kyogre. It’s item as choice scarf can help outspeed certain pokemon in the meta such as gengar and mewtwo, but the most good part is that it can even outspeed a +2 xerneas after a geomancy and can be able to kill it if in range. This makes it the most effective in the team regarding taking care of some pokemon which the team cannot. Although it is scarf, if played wrong it can also prove to be a disadvantage to the team vs the opponent if given the good opportunity. A timid supportceus can be 2HKOd by choice scarf ray when being switched in and with Dragon Ascent doing immense damage it is guaranteed to kill. V-create and earthquake are both really useful for the team to be able to handle both rock and steel types and with choice scarf at its disposal, it can help clean some mons that can be a threat such as Dusk Mane Necro ans Arceus Steel. Toxic can give problems to supportceus and being able to not stay in all the time to wall ray due to being toxicated and can later be taken out by dragon ascent if given the opportunity.

8BF97922-57F0-4929-A087-CFF01D579F39.gif

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Contruct
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Haze
- Rest

Zygarde-C is a mon that works really well on most teams. Leftovers zygarde helps heals chunks of its hp with its immense hp stat, which is a reason why it can take many hits from different variety of mons in the tier. Coil is chosen over moves like dragon tail or glare for my team due to my sd ceus weakness and can provide more to that weakness by having haze to help clear all stat raises from either side of the field to help prevent a ceus from sweeping my team. Rest is essential on most zygarde now in the meta in case of status moves inflicted on it so they can heal it off. Thousand arrows is mainly used to hit foes that are either flying types such as ho-oh or mons with levitate. Zygarde is more of my answer to a mon that sets up their attack stat by using haze and is a perfect team member due to that.

F2DDB347-52EF-4FDE-AED1-031C7BB47F7E.gif

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

Your standard fairyceus set in the ag meta as it is now and staple to my team. This is basically my check to mray due to it being a more bulky spread and able to live a boosted Life Orb ascent from mray. It is also my defog in the team to keep Stealth rock or spikes off my side of the field, and having toxic to be able to leave status on any other supportceus to refrain from staying in on the field. Recover as usual for recovery in hp and such. A very common yet one of the most amazing and most used ceus forme in the meta to wall many threats in ag.

D4EB9FA4-3C56-40D9-BF1E-AAB82C528F61.gif

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rest
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Precipise Blades

An important member of the team that should be considered to build on most balanced teams in the meta. It’s ability Desolate Land helps it check Primal Kyogre when switched in and rest for waterceus or any supportceus except groundceus. Blades and lava are both essentially useful for steel types such as ferrothorn, dusk mane necro, and arceus steel. With access to lava plume gives it a chance to burn opponents mons as well which is a plus. Since being weak to xerneas, primal groudon works as my xerneas phaser which prevents the opponent from setting up with it or with other mons. Rest gives Primal Groudon a chance to last longer in battle to prevent it from fainting.

A5D6DB45-BE8F-4CB2-8E57-2B72503DA729.gif

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Protect / Toxic
- Bullet Seed / Knock Off

Ferrothorn is my final member on my team to help against threats like primal kyogre and also works as my spikes setter. Leech Seed helps drain the opponents hp to the Pokémon’s own and spikes to do chip damage to opponents when switched in on. Switching from protect to Toxic helps me to get mons like supportceus while protect to help gain the extra health when one pokemon is seeded. Bullet Seed is to do damage to kyogre in case one happens to be substitute which isn’t common but can be used once in a while in games. Knock off can be used to knock off the opponents items, but in my case I use it as my vivillon counter to be able to handle vs it.

~Threats~

FA2EB368-B32D-48DD-9D4C-FB23AB65E0A7.png
Gothitelle can pose a problem against my team since it’s able to trap both my ceus or any balanced team. Mega ray can handle it and as well for primal don to be able to roar it out to not be affected by trap.

3C4158A2-1E4A-4E27-B3CA-5B35D9716E25.jpeg
Although I have fairyceus in my team to deal with Mega Rayquaza, it can still pose a threat to my team if played well with. Most balanced or stall can be able to struggle vs ray in the meta due to its variety of uses in the meta.

~Importable~

Steal Team Here

~~Cover~~

~Conclusion~

I am happy to be sharing this team to the public and hope to see what more I can offer in this new meta and to the people. Thank you and hope you enjoy this team that I enjoyed sharing and using!

~Shoutouts~

You thought this was a shoutout? Lol

Hey, this team looks pretty decent but I have some observations/recommendations for your team:

1) I think Pdon would really benefit from having toxic over Lava Plume; Toxic really pressures more passive Pokemon such as Giratina and Arceus-Ground/Water which allows you to break through much more easily. I don't think you really need the fire STAB either, there's V-Create on Mega Rayquaza and Zygarde can switch in easily to passive steel types such as Ferrothorn and Celesteela.

2) The Scarfed Mega Rayquaza set is rather unorthodox, and personally I don't think it's that good. Toxic is fine, but I think Earthquake really does not do enough on Choice Scarf Rayquaza, and as such Draco Meteor would be a much better option to hit Giratina, Zygarde and also Ultra Necrozma. Dragon ascent does not OHKO Ultra Necrozma, and due to the build of your team Ultra Necrozma would sweep, which is the next thing I'll get onto.

3) This team has no real answer to Dusk Mane nor Ultra Necrozma. Dusk Mane sets up easily on both Arceus-Rock and Arceus-Fairy, and there's nothing to stop it wreaking devestation on your team. Z Sunsteel Strike OHKO's Zygarde at +2, and Earthquake at +2 does huge amounts of damage to Ferrothorn. The only real answer is revenging with Mega Rayquaza, which is a really weak way to deal with these new formes as you almost have to sack a Pokemon every time or go straight to Mega Rayquaza which is extremely risky.

4) I think Zygarde would also benefit from either having Toxic or Glare. Toxic on Zygarde would help scarfed Rayquaza break through defensive walls such as support Arceus-Formes, and Glare is just irritating due to how many Pokemon it can hit and that Paralysis is very annoying. Haze and Coil in combo is not necessary, as they both essentially do the same job of dealing with physical set up sweepers. I would replace either Haze or Coil with either Toxic or Glare.

5) I honestly think on Ferrothorn Protect is needed over Toxic 100%, I tried no protect Ferro once and honestly I immediately regretted it. The extra leech damage is essential I think and is a must have. I don't think Ferrothorn also needs to run Bullet Seed, Primal Groudon can cover Sub Ogre reasonably well, and by using Bullet Seed it makes you extremely weak to Ogre + Mega Gengar, as Gar can trap both rest Pdon and Bullet Seed Ferrothorn. I think Gyro Ball or Knock Off are both better options.

I hope this advice helps and it makes sense, I think this team nearly gets it right and I can see why it would see some success.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)