Oh Dear D:

Ok i've just tested this team and it's won 3/4 of it's games and that doesn't mean i've played only 4 games! :O I can't spot out any immediate weaknesses except that the only games I lost to had a swampert in :P
The team!

I've begun to grow out of my old team which also consisted of my two dragon combo and vaporeon, instead moving onto lucario and latias who I have always had a keen interest in :P

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant
EVs: 216 HP/16 Atk/176 Def/100 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Waterfall

Bulky Gyarados. As a lead I had my doubts at first seeing as I was so used to using the conventional Infernape lead but Gyarados has worked wonders :) I can easily predict any electric moves and switch to Electivire and start dealing damage almost instantly. Trick leads are met by my Gengar who will always trick away the trick item he gained onto an unsuspecting foe who had switched in to replace the pokemon that was locked in on trick :P. Other than that I have had little problems with this as its intimidate certainly gives it the edge as a lead :) 2 Dragon dances and Gyarados is a problem for anyone :)

Lucario @ Lum Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Extremespeed
- Swords Dance

A classic sword dance Lucario. Despite my want to use him, he doesn't come out until very late game just to finish up with whatever is left, usually a weakened Scizor or tank. Crunch on this set hasn't been used once seeing as I have Gengar on my team so maybe this should be changed to ice punch? :)

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Surf

Smogon calm mind set. I'm thinking of replacing calm mind with recover as its use is limited and, like Salamence, it picks up more damage from life orb and stealth rock than it does any other thing.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Adamant
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

I've never used Scizor but he is pretty much here in the place of the team's revenge killer. Pursuit seems worthless on this thing as there is never really a chance to use it! Other than that, Bullet Punch has been the main attacking move and Scizor has been used to switch in to many things that would otherwise attack Latias or Gengar. Magnezone annoys this thing quite a bit :O

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Cross Chop
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch

This thing is underrated as a physical attacker it seems :O I have used Electivire very effectively on numerous occasions with or without a motor drive boost. This is pretty straight forward, switch in on an electric move or use to revenge kill slower pokemon.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
I think energy ball would be nice on this set considering the swampert weakness but i'm not sure where it would go? This is my trick lead counter as most leads will trick a choice scarf or band and Gengar will just trick it right back! I use this to switch in on ground moves going for Electivire or Lucario if Latias or Gyarados are down or on a move that is not very effective against it.

So here is my team! :D Pull it apart!

I don't like Gengar accepting a Tricked Scarf, his defenses are very weak and can get him killed if you make the wrong prediction. I think he is better off with the Life Orb and Latias is better off with the Scarf. Standard Smogon sets are fine for the both of them in this situation.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Needs more Stealth Rock.
True - maybe try a lead empoleon - it can set up SR but still bait out electric attacks:

Empoleon @ Lum Berry/Chople berry/Focus sash (never could decide)
Modest
156hp 252spatk 100spe
-Hydro pump
-Aqua jet
-SR
-Grass knot /Ice beam

Look it up in the analysis. Chople berry lets you beat infernape, Lum berry lets you beat smeargle and at least set up SR on Roserade. Focus sash is IMO useless (it doesn't save you from anything), but it is the primary option in the analysis.

You need LO on lucario to beat many physical walls. The main thing that might try to status you is Rotom, whom you can OHKO at +2 with Crunch. I do not recommend Ice Punch at all, since almost all Gliscor now run Jolly, and will consequently outrun and OHKO you. Crunch hits celebi harder.

Good luck

@ Pollux-castor - he needs something that can revenge Jolly babiri berry DDtar, who would have a field day with the team if he followed your advice. If a counter for Ttar is added, this would be a good suggestion, as Latias is generally the better Scarfer.

hmm thanks for the advice but i'm not sure that empoleon will do as well as gyarados :/ it's intimidate and respectable special defense allow it to stay in and it's a much more effective pokemon even if it doesn't get the chance to set up i think. It looks like an ok set though so i shall try it out :)

On Latias you haven't really explained why you chose the moves and I think it's qite obvious that thunderbolt is useless, especially when you have a Gengar with thunderbolt and an Electivire with Thunderpunch. Couple this with the blatant Swampert weakness and I think Grass Knot is the move you should use.

I also think that Gengar should be used as a revenge killer replacing Trick with HP [Fire]. This means Scizor is effectively useless on this team. Then replace scizor with Vaporeon to provide support to your team as in longer games the lack of recovery on your pokemon is going to take a toll, this also means that life orb recoil on latias and (maybe) lucario won't matter much. As grass type moves are rarely used mostly electric type attacks will be aimed at vaporeon, enter Electivire. This means Gyarados can be replaced with any stealth rocker.

The reason you put Trick on Gar is to screw the Blissey switch-in. And nowadays very few people switch into Scizor into Gar for fear of HP Fire. and the Tbolt on the CMLatias set is obvious for type coverage when its the end-game as Surf+Tbolt+DragonPulse is unresisted in OU bar Shedinja. But like I said, NEEDS MORE STEALTH ROCK. An offensively inclined team such as this would really appreciate SR particularly DDBulky Gyara as it isn't fast enough to net kills after a single Dragon Dance particularly on naturally bulky Scarfed opponents like say, Scarf Heracross or Scarfed Heatran. SR would turn those 2HKOES into OHKOES. And it also limit's a teams ability to switch into counters as this team with DDBulky Gyara and SDLuke force a lot of switches into pokemon who take 12.5 or 25% damage off SR (Zapdos, Gligar, Gyara, Wish Mence among them). I suggest you replace Electivire with Mamoswine if you're worried about the Tbolt on Gyara. He's immune to electric attacks, sets up rocks and has Ice Shard to pawn DDMence without resorting to Scizor because no team would attempt to set up DDMence with the knowledge of Scizor on the opposing team because BPunch takes over half of Mence's health. But I do agree on the fact that you need Grass Knot somewhere on this team because Swampert would wall you all day.

Wow thank you :D
I forgot that Latias could learn Grass Knot :P I shall take these chances into account as they have been pretty useful :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)