Finals Official Smogon Tournament XX - Finals [Won by Storm Zone]

Status
Not open for further replies.
1712440487100.png

you told me this in october of last year after we talked about OLT. thanks for also updating me every game/series of your ost. you're probably the only guy i watched/followed extremely close.

well deserved and congrats bro. all that hard work and determination paid off.

:goat_emoji:

Last edited:

Storm Zone

is a Tiering Contributorwon the 20th Official Smogon Tournament
World Defender
Won ggs
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-759100
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-759136

The Story dates all the way back to 2020 when i wanted to come back to mons after a 3-4 year hiatus, i had to fail alot before i got to this point, but i kept working towards it some people always held me to the fact that i had no trophies, and it was very satisfying to work towards changing that, it got derailed in 2022, but that might have been a good thing cause i got to work on the things i was lacking in, like my ingame play, they always said i could build but my play was weak, the hundreds of test games on the ladder werent to test teams they were to help me improve my play, the first person i wanted to shout out was SetsuSetsuna , theyve been nothing but a huge help testing with me each round and recreating teams for me to test with, they're part of the reason i got here, if it wasnt for the extensive testing the last few rounds i didnt think i could get it done, another person i wanted to shoutout was the homie Vert , been pitching ideas and helping me test in the later rounds, and overall facing him on the ladder (which btw is significantly harder than every other ladder player i face), his skill ceiling is so high that if a team wins against him, automatically i know its good, which indirectly helped me with some team choices, ik he told me not to bring sinistcha but i took a chance and it paid off, big shouts to all the homies bbeeaa Fusien Vkhss zaydapoketrainer XXVI crying (its weird i dont talk to this person much anymore but they helped me ALOT in the earlier stages of the journey way back in 2020, so i can't not shout them out) Exotic64 Finchinator sufys , Remedy4brokenh3art GaijinEagle and shoutout to Blimax , Blim is the goat, he has been really helpful with scouts and prep, and gave me some great advice throughout the rounds, shoutout to the rest of the shoguns blunder @ctc(free the homie), feen bb skarm Giannis Antetokommo-o lax ima watashi Gin eragon fish anemometer the shoguns will take every trophy this year.

Wanted to also give shoutouts to the homies fakenagol always supporting every round he gave me the most moral support out of anybody so far, and especially leng loi they didnt believe in azu, when i made the original specs kyurem sinistcha team with azu and moth, leng made her changes, prim and goug >azu and moth, but i liked her prim and goug changes, so i put my own sets on each, ditched the kyurem and kept iron moth, which directly lead to the team that won both games this round, so i owe part of the prepping of this team to them, they were for the most part right, prim is better than azu, and gouging is a nice change, so a big thanks to them for that idea, shoutout hellom last few rounds he been supporting hard, weirdo faye big shoutout to them good friend of mine always supporting for most rounds, they came back just in time to see me win it all. Big shoutout to devin and Empo devin has been a day 1 friend and supporter for quite some time now despite some of my friends not liking him, he always gives positive vibes, Empo has been a huge help because for the most part of this tour i would watch his replays to improve my ingame and learn how to play really well and use my timer, mencemeat i think you were the biggest reason i won bro, i suffer alot from anxiety and such, and in the very last round, you sent me a performance anxiety vid that not only calmed my nerves but made me feel more confident i can win, being one of your coaches also helped improve my ingame while improving others aswell, and shouts to my best friend proudtrainer0015 , yall dont know him very well but he been there since day 1, literally, we went through so much shit to get to this point, and i owe most of it to him for morally keeping me in it, i wanna shout out Rubiaa who btw, yall should draft for spl (and scl) because watching their dpp is inspiring asf, multiple alts at the top of the ladder, for a new player thats unheard of, so definitely give them a chance to tear it up, shoutout to Mimikyu Stardust and agentkeval , and njnp , Zokuru Kristyl , HYpertonix and aim , big shoutout to 3d he been supportin since 2015, real ogs know who he is, vesper blarghlfarghl , and the rest of the crew, shoutout to Ashura Areson dating all the way back to 2012 regardless of what he says, ashura taught me how to play mons, period, playing against him hundreds of times when i was only 13 years old over 11 years ago all i ever did was emulate what him and @AjTheEpic was doing and evolved it, later on i tried to emulate ben gay, those were my 3 biggest influences going into this all i ever did was emulate them, and made my own style by merging theirs, everyone else i didnt mention tag me, but yeah, The Story doesnt really end here ill be going for more individuals, and a team tour trophy tomorrow, ill be around for a very long time, and ill still be on the ladder, if u see the nicknames u know its me so holla at me, deuces

Last edited:
Won ggs
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-759100
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-759136

The Story dates all the way back to 2020 when i wanted to come back to mons after a 3-4 year hiatus, i had to fail alot before i got to this point, but i kept working towards it some people always held me to the fact that i had no trophies, and it was very satisfying to work towards changing that, it got derailed in 2022, but that might have been a good thing cause i got to work on the things i was lacking in, like my ingame play, they always said i could build but my play was weak, the hundreds of test games on the ladder werent to test teams they were to help me improve my play, the first person i wanted to shout out was SetsuSetsuna , theyve been nothing but a huge help testing with me each round and recreating teams for me to test with, they're part of the reason i got here, if it wasnt for the extensive testing the last few rounds i didnt think i could get it done, another person i wanted to shoutout was the homie Vert , been pitching ideas and helping me test in the later rounds, and overall facing him on the ladder (which btw is significantly harder than every other ladder player i face), his skill ceiling is so high that if a team wins against him, automatically i know its good, which indirectly helped me with some team choices, ik he told me not to bring sinistcha but i took a chance and it paid off, big shouts to all the homies bbeeaa Fusien Vkhss zaydapoketrainer XXVI crying (its weird i dont talk to this person much anymore but they helped me ALOT in the earlier stages of the journey way back in 2020, so i can't not shout them out) Exotic64 Finchinator sufys , Remedy4brokenh3art GaijinEagle and shoutout to Blimax , Blim is the goat, he has been really helpful with scouts and prep, and gave me some great advice throughout the rounds, shoutout to the rest of the shoguns blunder @ctc(free the homie), feen bb skarm Giannis Antetokommo-o lax ima watashi Gin eragon fish anemometer the shoguns will take every trophy this year.

Wanted to also give shoutouts to the homies fakenagol always supporting every round he gave me the most moral support out of anybody so far, and especially leng loi they didnt believe in azu, when i made the original specs kyurem sinistcha team with azu and moth, leng made her changes, prim and goug >azu and moth, but i liked her prim and goug changes, so i put my own sets on each, ditched the kyurem and kept iron moth, which directly lead to the team that won both games this round, so i owe part of the prepping of this team to them, they were for the most part right, prim is better than azu, and gouging is a nice change, so a big thanks to them for that idea, shoutout hellom last few rounds he been supporting hard, weirdo faye big shoutout to them good friend of mine always supporting for most rounds, they came back just in time to see me win it all. Big shoutout to devin and Empo devin has been a day 1 friend and supporter for quite some time now despite some of my friends not liking him, he always gives positive vibes, Empo has been a huge help because for the most part of this tour i would watch his replays to improve my ingame and learn how to play really well and use my timer, mencemeat i think you were the biggest reason i won bro, i suffer alot from anxiety and such, and in the very last round, you sent me a performance anxiety vid that not only calmed my nerves but made me feel more confident i can win, being one of your coaches also helped improve my ingame while improving others aswell, and shouts to my best friend proudtrainer0015 , yall dont know him very well but he been there since day 1, literally, we went through so much shit to get to this point, and i owe most of it to him for morally keeping me in it, i wanna shout out Rubiaa who btw, yall should draft for spl (and scl) because watching their dpp is inspiring asf, multiple alts at the top of the ladder, for a new player thats unheard of, so definitely give them a chance to tear it up, shoutout to Mimikyu Stardust and agentkeval , and njnp , Zokuru Kristyl , HYpertonix and aim , big shoutout to 3d he been supportin since 2015, real ogs know who he is, vesper blarghlfarghl , and the rest of the crew, shoutout to Ashura Areson dating all the way back to 2012 regardless of what he says, ashura taught me how to play mons, period, playing against him hundreds of times when i was only 13 years old over 11 years ago all i ever did was emulate what him and @AjTheEpic was doing and evolved it, later on i tried to emulate ben gay, those were my 3 biggest influences going into this all i evee did was emulate them, and made my own style by merging theirs, everyone else i didnt mention tag me, but yeah, The Story doesnt really end here ill be going for more individuals, and a team tour trophy tomorrow, ill be around for a very long time, and ill still be on the ladder, if u see the nicknames u know its me so holla at me, deuces
Well deserved trophy. Proud of you sz & I hope to see more of you InShaAllah

Mimikyu Stardust

Enjoyment
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
the only other ladder player more degenerate than me, great to see you finally win and have your name be solidly put alongside THE GOATS, ur one of the people that helped me get better at the game back when i started playing mons in 2021.

incredibly deserved, grats goat! hope to see you get a second trophy this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)