clefable.gif
ferrothorn.gif

alakazam-mega.gif
heatran.gif
tapubulu.gif
gliscor.gif
tornadus-therian.gif
greninja.gif

Firstly, a big shoutout to two awesome players: curiosity (who did not kill the cat) and sed.

They've helped me so much with the team, and now I'm ready to showcase the team.

Teambuilding Process
alakazam-mega.gif
I Don't Shave (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid/Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Recover

I started off with Mega Alakazam, who rose in usage from 51 in March to 24 from May (and is still 24 now).
This is a really common set, 3 Attacks + Recover. The purpose of Recover is to be able to check common
Pokemon such as Mega Latios and Heatran. However, Mega Alakazam's nature was changed from Modest to Timid. (It stays Modest in curiosity's version)
The main reason for changing Modest to Timid was because Mega Lopunny lopped my team (sorry bad joke)
and in order to outspeed Mega Lopunny, I needed a Timid Nature. It also helps check Ash-Greninja NOT locked into Water Shuriken,

as Modest Alakazam speed-ties with Ash-Greninja, and is a pain in the ass.

heatran.gif
I Look Ridiculous (Heatran) @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic/Will-O-Wisp

On curiosity's edit of my team, Heatran is a Z-Move Trapper. This Heatran set is useful for stallbreaking,

trapping quite a lot of stall Pokemon, unfortunately not including Quagsire and Moltres.
This set also traps Chansey to an extent, which is running wild on both Stall and Offensive teams alike, for Mega Alakazam.
It also helps traps Steel-types, soft-checks powerful Fairy- and Psychic-type wallbreakers, and weaken Tangrowth.
As mentioned above, Mega Alakazam helps with other Heatrans and Mega Latios, and this set provides more offensive presence,
which is the reason why there is a big difference in team composition after the Zam/Tran/Bulu core.
Toxic is ran to chip away from defensive Pokemon such as Landorus-T or Gastrodon, while WoW can be run to cripple
Mega Mawile, Kartana, Zygarde and Landorus-T.

I Look Ridiculous (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 132 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Heatran forms a very solid core with Mega Alakazam, checking troublesome Steel-types, and able to provide quite a lot of support.

This is the standard Specially Defensive Heatran set, which helps checks powerful Wallbreakers such as Tapu Lele or Kartana.
Being able to force out common checks to Mega Alakazam such as Celesteela, Jirachi, and AV Magearna,
Heatran stands out to be an amazing partner for Mega Alakazam. Conversely, Mega Alakazam helps Heatran
by checking opposing Heatrans and Mega Latios, which bring Ground-type coverage for Heatran.

tapubulu.gif
Where Is My Face? (Tapu Bulu) @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 224 HP / 216 SpD / 68 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower/Stone Edge
- Synthesis/Protect

Tapu Bulu is a great addition to the above core, being able to mainly check Ash-Greninja. These 3 Pokemon form an extremely solid core

and checks a majority of the tier. I went for a very popular set from the OLT: Specially Defensive SD Tapu Bulu.
Tapu Bulu offers resistances to Ground, Dragon, and Electric, checking Zygarde, Tapu Koko, and the aforementioned Ash-Greninja.
Zygarde is extremely threatening to Mega Alakazam and Heatran, and Tapu Bulu provides both passive recoveries to them, as well
as resist Zygarde's STAB moves, although one must watch out for Iron Tail/Steelium Z.
Although Tapu Koko is slower than Mega Alakazam, Mega Alakazam fails to switch into Tapu Koko at all, and Tapu Bulu does this job well.
Tapu Bulu's ability Grass Terrain also reduces Earthquake damage by 50% and helps the team against Landorus-T.
As you can see, Superpower is slashed with Stone Edge. Superpower hits Steel-types such as Ferrothorn and Heatran for super-effective damage
as well as Magearna, Celesteela, Skarmory, and Jirachi for neutral damage, while Stone Edge hits Tornadus-T, Zapdos, Charizard, Volcarona
and most importantly, Moltres. Moltres currently walls this core, since Heatran cannot deal with it, and Mega Alakazam takes a lot
from Moltres' STAB moves, so Stone Edge discourages Moltres to switch into Tapu Bulu.
Synthesis was slashed with Protect, since Leftovers, Grassy Terrain, and Horn Leech give Tapu Bulu a lot of recovery,
while Synthesis improves Tapu Bulu's longevity against Landorus-T and Clefable but has low PP.

In the teams, Synthesis is used on curiosity's version while Protect is used on sed's version.

Curiosity
landorus-therian.gif
Badass Doggo (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 148 Atk / 84 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Landorus-Therian, undoubtedly, is the most used Pokemon throughout the entire Gen 7 OU metagame.

This is the standard Bulky Scarf Landorus, only that HP Ice is changed to HP Fire.
Scarf HP Fire Landorus-T mainly helps the team against Kartana, and it nails Ferrothorn and Scizor for more damage than Earthquake.
U-turn generates momentum for the team, while Defog helps the longevity of the entire team by removing entry hazards.

clefable.gif

Fairy Queen (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled

Clefable is a great Pokemon in general, having good typing, well-rounded stats, and a useful movepool.

Clefable is our Stealth Rocker on here, as well as a secondary physical tank alongside Landorus-T.
Wish and Soft-Boiled allow Clefable to heal up weakened teammates and improves it's own longevity respectively.
As I said earlier, Mega Lopunny and Zygarde are very threatening against this team and Clefable serves as a great
check to both of them alongside Landorus-T. Clefable and Mega Alakazam can also lure in Steel-types for Heatran,
and Clefable can also help with stall matchups, threatening Mega Sableye with Moonblast and set up rocks.

ferrothorn.gif

I Didn't Kill The Cat (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

Ferrothorn is my Spikes setter, as well as a secondary check to Water-types, namely Gyarados and Greninja.

Thunder Wave cripples most Pokemon trying to switch into Ferrothorn such as Heatran or Kartana.
(Thank you curiosity for pointing this out) Power Whip is used over Gyro Ball because Thunder Wave lowers foe's speed, lowering Gyro Ball's damage.
Tapu Bulu and Ferrothorn form a very solid Greninja check, being able to check most Protean Greninjas and Ash-Greninja.
Leech Seed also provides passive recovery for other Pokemon on the team such as Landorus-T or Heatran.
Grassy Terrain support from Tapu Bulu also helps Ferrothorn with setting up hazards against Landorus-T or Gliscor.
Ferrothorn also serves as a solid check to Rain, as well as Electric-types such as Tapu Koko, Zeraora or Xurkitree, although additional support

from either Landorus-T or Clefable is needed for Zeraora, considering what movesets it brings.

sed
gliscor.gif

Cobble Bat (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 44 Def / 68 SpD / 152 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Swords Dance Gliscor is a very solid Wallbreaker, having good typing and respectable bulk paired alongside an amazing ability in Poison Heal.

Gliscor serves a secondary check to Zygarde alongside Tapu Bulu, helps Mega Alakazam with Heatran without having to risk Focus Blast miss,
and is a good Pokemon against Stall overall, being immune to status and having reliable recovery methods.
Earthquake is Gliscor's most powerful Ground-type STAB move, while Ice Fang serves as a good method to hit Grass-types for super-effective damage,
has a 10% chance to freeze (Nasty Hax}, and hits Zygarde, Landorus-T, and other Gliscors for super-effective damage.
Although everyone knows this, it's important to activate Toxic Orb as soon as possible, so Knock Off will not affect Gliscor as much.

tornadus-therian.gif

I Check My Bro! (Tornadus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

Tornadus-T is one of the best Pokemon in the tier rn, having a powerful STAB move alongside a chance to confuse and a great movepool.

We took a Rocky Helmet variant of Tornadus-T on the team, helping us against Kartana, Tapu Bulu, and Mega Lopunny,
which are all very threatening Pokemon to the MZam/Tran/Bulu core.
Tornadus-T also provides us with Defog support and serves as a great utility Pokemon to the original core.
Tornadus-T can also somewhat check Mega Swampert from full, lessening the need for relying on Tapu Bulu to do the job.

greninja.gif
Water Mouse with Tongue (Greninja) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Low Kick
- Dig
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This set started out as a fire set from an OU Tournament but became a standard set afterwards.

Z-Dig Greninja helps the team with Pokemon such as Magearna, Heatran, and Toxapex, which are annoying to deal with,
since our Heatran is not offensive. Low Kick hits Excadrill and Tyranitar for a good amount of damage, as well as nail Snorlax, which I've
seen a couple of times on an Aurora Veil team. (Is that team from the OLT as well?)
Ice Beam nails Zygarde, Landot, Bulu and Tangrowth for good damage, and HP Fire is important for hitting Ferrothorn and OHKOing Kartana.

Protean Greninja gives the team a more offensive approach and is a very underrated threat.

Ok, finally I'm finished. This took about an hour or so, but it's worth it to share the team with the community, and again,
Huge Shoutouts to both curiosity and Sed, they are amazing players and thank you very much for reading this RMT till the very end.
If you've got any suggestions to the team, please leave a rate down below!
Signing Off, Peace!

Importable 1 <<-- Click here! (c)
Importable 2 <<-- Click here! (s)

P.S. I've tested these teams a lot of times and messed around a bit with the sets, but for some reason, I never thought
I'd make an RMT and didn't save down any replays :( I can't even find the ones I thought I saved!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)