Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread - Mark 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
hnnng

Three more days. Leave me a VM if you are picking up ACNL day one so we can exchange 3DS FCs.

AA5 English release is digital only.. what bullshit.
Usually I'd be more annoyed about this, but AA hasn't done that amazingly well here and we didn't even get AAI2 (which is a filler spinoff game, but still). Meanwhile, AA x Professor Layton was deconfirmed for the west by Level-5. So I'm just glad we're getting AA5 at all (the fact it's digital-only because they have trouble keeping it in stock long-term means it's not easy, I guess), and in such a timely fashion. It is pretty unfortunate, though; it'll be my first digital buy. A little nervous about that since games are very expensive here and I broke a few DSes.

Also, fuck the Subrosian Dance Hall. My last playthrough left off there...

ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF NEXT WEEK (in Australia ;_;)!!! If you're not getting it then I'm ashamed of you. Anyone who has conversed on IRC regularly with me lately will know that I live and breathe this game already and ughhhh the waiting game is killing me. It's going to be so amazing and perfect and probably even better than the original. I've even kept myself pretty unspoiled minus the shit we already knew ages ago. hypehypehype

O
M
G

i only completed the survey for the physical copy in Club Nintendo

i have to wait until tomorrow in my country to get it (assuming it arrives)

did I mention im not patient

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
my dick is rock hard as i drive to midnight release this shit

fuck digital copies i was done with that shit after fire emblem v_v

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It's kinda annoying registering everyone via VMs and I know I'll talk about ACNL a ton, so I thought an IRC channel (#seabass) would be a good idea.

Join if you wanna exchange FCs / visit other towns / chat. :heart: I'll probably start a FC pastebin for easy access and keep it in the topic.

that awesome feeling when the store has a katana on the first day

and there's a sale going on after 4

this is truly the best day

i'm crying impotently, all i can do is send pookar abusive swapnotes with the animal crossing stationeries and count down the seconds until june 15th

have fun everyone!!

It's kinda annoying registering everyone via VMs and I know I'll talk about ACNL a ton, so I thought an IRC channel (#seabass) would be a good idea.

Join if you wanna exchange FCs / visit other towns / chat. :heart: I'll probably start a FC pastebin for easy access and keep it in the topic.
omg you just reminded me of my very deep hatred for sea bass after the first AC game :O

/RAGE!

Anyways though, is the new AC worth getting? Does it try to improve or do something new compared to the others, or is it kinda the same old? I mean it's odd, for example I was a big harvest moon fan and used to buy each new version, but I mean essentially they're all just the same, except reskinned with new locations. So for ACNL though...is there at least something new to it that makes it worth getting? Will I end up having to bury tons of those annoying...weird looking figurines because you can't delete em normally in the original?

New Leaf is the first Animal Crossing yet that feels like a proper sequel rather than the same game. Sure, all of them have had new buildings to shop at, new bugs/fish to catch, and new ways to play with each other online, but New Leaf is the first to have an entirely new mechanic in becoming the Mayor. This also allows your entire town to be improved at your own leisure.

There's also tons of new customizable opportunities (upholstering furniture, loads of new clothes and shiz, etc) for your items, and your house is now basically fully customizable from the outside as well as the inside now. As the mayor, you can build new buildings/bridges/other goodies for the town. It really creates a nice goal to work towards and is a nice way of improving your entire town rather than just your own home.

There's no problems with the game like indestructible items as far as I can tell, but supposedly grass deterioration is still a slight issue.

Holy shit you can assess multiple fossils at once and I got a day 1 t Rex skull!

Also, does anyone know if retail or nooklings seems to buy your stuff for better prices? I know nooklings only buys some things...

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Re-Tail gives you an extra 20%, if I'm not mistaken.
Also, I love how they streamlined things SO much.
For example, you can now put the same fruit in baskets to conserve pocket space.
You can assess multiple fossils, donate multiple items, etc. at a time.
How how how do you do stuff as mayor though???

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
more like nookingtons gives 20% less, 80 bells for local fruit are you kidding me???

Screw the kids, I shop at Re-Tail only now.

For mayor duties you have to wait a day. The AC day starts at 6am which is why people who bought digitally at midnight are able to do mayor stuff today.

Anyways, New Leaf is fucking amazing holy shit. So many good changes.

none of you understand, the crown was in my shop on day 1 for 1.2 million bells

1.2 million bells on day 1

also everyone came to my town because west coast open later, people welcome to visit me on #seabass

basically i'm dying and i have so much money already time to upgrade my house twice

got the game. it would be fun if i didnt buy it at like 8:30 PM and had to sleep through the rest of the (real-life) night just to buy myself an ingame home.

i cant save a file without a home :(

got the game. it would be fun if i didnt buy it at like 8:30 PM and had to sleep through the rest of the (real-life) night just to buy myself an ingame home.

i cant save a file without a home :(
You can save at any time, just hit Start or Select... or is that not what you meant?

Does anybody need a shovel or Fishing Rod? My shop is selling spares. (we should probably start a new AC thread instead of mucking up the 3ds thread. Shouldn't we?)

Stellar

of the Distant Past
You can save at any time, just hit Start or Select... or is that not what you meant?

Does anybody need a shovel or Fishing Rod? My shop is selling spares. (we should probably start a new AC thread instead of mucking up the 3ds thread. Shouldn't we?)
Join the IRC channel I linked to earlier. Just click the link. We were using it all last night to arrange visits/chat.

Anyway, I've been making random designs. I don't particularly like the first two though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)