Next Mekkahfia Project

Next Big Mafia

• Total voters
I'd like it if you could elaborate on your ideas for money in small games.

I wasn't around during Double Alias so I'm neutral in regards to that. I feel FE2 is the way to go, it's a shame that it ended (the circumstances are understandable) and everyone talked so highly of the game. You put a ton of effort into it and should put new life into it. This will also allow the money conept to be further examined so that anything wrong with it can be tweaked before the concept becomes widespread. I oppose pseudo-YCI however; it should be all or nothing in that regard (though I guess pseudo doesn't make it any different than full). If you think you can make the close-themed game again without hitches then go for it.

THUS: Unicycle II combined with Money mafia
Everything that needed to be observed for Unicycle was, repeating the concept wouldn't yield anything worthwhile (it can be done on other basic games but we don't need Mekkah to host it). Mekkah also said that implimenting money in Unicycle could be troublesome because of the pace.

I think we should have Fire Emblem themed Double Alias Unicycle Mafia, involving money and hosted by Mekkah, Accent and moi.

Money sounds cool.

I'd like it if you could elaborate on your ideas for money in small games.
These ideas generally go for both small and big. Now, where to start?

Money allows a lot of new room for innovation, while also solving some old problems. First off, I am of the humble opinion that the shop was the best "scavenger" system ever. For those who didn't play/read FE: items on people who died were transferred to a shop, and at daytime, those items were privately auctioned. The item and a description of it were put in the update, and everyone who wanted that item sent a PM with how much money they were willing to bid for it. Highest bidder got it.

Then, money also makes thieves a better role (though a game with money should also have items, so they're quite useful already), and also makes them more customizable, e.g. you can make thieves that can steal either or both money and items. And of course it's easy to think of several informative, restrictive and informative roles related to money as well.

Money also allow you to make more neutral types without having them to be harmless or wolf...neutrals need careful implementation though.

I don't want to spill all of the beans here for obvious reasons, but that's some of the magic tricks I can do with them.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Unicycle was extremely fun, though IMO the village might've been a bit overpowering, or that rey was just an awesome village leader. I'm looking forward to what you thought of it when you post the postgame.

EDIT: So if it wasn't clear enough, UniII.

Unicycle was extremely fun, though IMO the village might've been a bit overpowering, or that rey was just an awesome village leader. I'm looking forward to what you thought of it when you post the postgame.

EDIT: So if it wasn't clear enough, UniII.
Definately for Uni II (even if it can't be combined with Money Mafia), but village was not overpowered, and is it necessary for Mekkah to host Uni II? It's been tested now, so it is known to work.
1) Wolf safeclaim
2) Crossfire (or Amelia's fire)
3) billymills's lucky inspect of shade
4) reyscarface was indeed a great village leader
5) I was sold out and then accidentally sold out the other mafia.

So, it really would have been a closer game if the luck had been toned down just a little.

EDIT: But does Mekkah have to host the next Uni? Money mafia would do well, and I think that would be best if tested sooner, and Mekkah seems to be the one who can do testing, so I'm for money mafia.

Unlike, say, Double Alias mafia, Unicycle is more of a special rule than an actual game type. The Unicycle system could be implemented in other small mafia games without changing much, or anything at all. Actually, I'd like to see more games use it. Condensing Day and Night into one cycle does require some getting used to but it speeds up the game without rushing it like reducing the Day/Night time to 24 hours each might.

Game I'd like to see next is FE mafia II, mainly just because we're in a big mafia recession but also because it was interesting the first time and I'd like to see it refined.

I'd be interested in a money mafia. I'd do that one first because it might be nice to integrate it into later games depending on how it works out.

Also interested in DA2.

If not you, someone should do Unicycle Mafia 2. The game went quickly, but because the cycle would need a certain amount of time, or all action PMs and majority, to end, it went by without me or many other players missing a single cycle. It would also be good in the summer, when people can usually be more active on Smogon due to not having school. The Unicycle feature also didn't make either team overpowered, and was very balanced.

Lol at Amelia's fire.
Well, anyway, Unicycle has been tested, and found that it works. Faster games means that people pay more attention and so on, and stuff. I see no reason why it wouldn't work in order small mafia games.

Money though... that's interesting. FE Mafia did the best scavenging method among the mafias, in my opinion. Hmm...

Also, calling for another FE Mafia. (One that i do not die early!)

Unlike, say, Double Alias mafia, Unicycle is more of a special rule than an actual game type. The Unicycle system could be implemented in other small mafia games without changing much, or anything at all. Actually, I'd like to see more games use it. Condensing Day and Night into one cycle does require some getting used to but it speeds up the game without rushing it like reducing the Day/Night time to 24 hours each might.

Game I'd like to see next is FE mafia II, mainly just because we're in a big mafia recession but also because it was interesting the first time and I'd like to see it refined.
I agree wholeheartedly with this. Hip said the other day on #stark that Hipmonmafia isn't coming soon, and I'd rather not come out of our little break and start the new year with a subpar mafia! Of course, someone else might have something up their sleeve, but I wanna play Hip's or Mekkah first ;D

I'm very intrigued by the money concept although I don't really care for FE too much.
Unicycle was fun but as others have said, now that it's been tested anyone can really run it, it's pretty simple (but effective).

Here's my personal preference, btw. Not final yet, but just a strong attraction...

I'd like to do at least something with money, and I also feel like filling the big-game-gap at the moment. I am split on whether to make that Fire Emblem themed or not, since both have very huge draws for me.

I added a public poll to see where preferences lie...basically, I think I want to make a big game with money. The question is whether it will be FE themed, or more generally themed. I think FE is more fun for people who played the old one, and for people who played the series, but the general theme makes it a lot easier for me to write flavor, and it has the nostalgia of Mafia Mafia attached to it.

I VOTEDF FOR FIRE EMBLEM IT IS REALLY COOL please vote for fire emblem!!!! i like games with lots of flavour, though you should do the generalist, stock market-like mafia sometime!

Well, you can always get a non-FE role, and there are several great Fire Emblem resources on the internet (like fireemblem.wikia.com) for learning about the series. Also, you can play FE ^___^ But I can see why someone who doesn't care for FE would still rather the rest of the game wasn't FE.

I voted I don't care because the main thing I wanted was the money (hehehehe money), the background is up to you - or the majority. I'll like them both!

Although tbh if it's FE I hope it will be semi-closed only, since your best PMs are always from random internet things :)

yeah, i definitely want a money mafia. i've never played fire emblem but i wouldn't oppose that as the theme, so i voted the third option.

Ugh, no Fire Emblem. Open theme or something totally awesome.

ANIME FUCKING MAFIA ALREADY JESUS CHRIST ON A STICK!

I would like FE Unicycle Mafia.

Maybe, to incorporate money without losing pace, there could be a banker role, that you deposit money to and receive interest, but all the money is lost or stolen by the killer when the banker is killed.

Anyway, I would love to play!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)