[NEW] Official Smash Bros. Tournament Series for 3DS/Wii U

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
PS Username: Quote
Tournament(s) I want to Join: Wii U and 3DS
NNID/Friend Code: Iwasawa493 / 1478-6538-8107

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Bumping this thread to remind everyone who signed up that Brackets will be going up soon (on the 16th for those who have forgotten)!
Also to remind/make sure ZinogreVolt does his bracket and PMs me it :)

PS Username: Skaal
Tournament I want to Join: 3DS
FC: 1349-6157-5880

I'll probably choke but oh well :)

Crestfall

Sign-Ups for Tour #1 are CLOSED.
CHALLONGE BRACKETS HAVE BEEN POSTED. CHECK THE SECOND POST OF THIS THREAD. Good luck to all!

Reminder
- Use VMs (profile wall messages) or PMs to communicate and schedule with your opponents & you have 1 week to complete ROUND 1 Matches.

Crestfall

^Above is noted and is being discussed. I'll try to post a decision by the end of today (16th).

Crestfall

^Above is noted and is being discussed. I'll try to post a decision by the end of today (16th).

I've fought Akenaga countless times and not experienced lag. I do want to say that I've also fought his opponent and was completely unable to react because of the lag. I think it's safe to say that I'm one of the better players who visit showdown's room for smash, and I was barely able to take a single stock or space any attacks. Not because of skill, but because I couldn't compensate for the terrible connection. I'd like to point out a few things as well.

Haru Akenaga has an insanely fast internet speed, which means that it IS quality. His opponent complains and throws insults whenever anyone says that he has a bad connection. I am a member of the same chat group as both of them and can account for multiple times when I or Haru have tried fighting him and fell prey to sluggish speeds. If rude behavior is to be a deciding factor, I can also screenshot the entire conversation if need be between the two of them. Haru not being ready to fight, and then being pressured into it, insulted, and ignored when he stated reasons.

I have defeated Akenaga X [翔疾盾斬撃] in one match. However, he is currently refusing to play the next match of the set, so I will make an activity post until he does.

I am willing to provide both the replay of our first match as well as the screenshot of the Skype conversation in which we scheduled our matches, if the need arises.

Also, in case he says anything about lag, I'd like to point out that:

1. Akenaga X [翔疾盾斬撃] is known for his very poor connection.
2. Lag is, more often than not, caused by distance. I am in Australia, and he is in the United States.
3. Lag affects both sides, but it does not necessarily give any player an unfair advantage.

I'm not sorry for refusing to put myself at a disadvantage and succumb to your insults and bad sportsmanship. Your internet speed is not high enough for you to participate in this tournament, if somebody cannot react, then you're putting them at a disadvantage that isn't fair for a ranked tournament. If you're playing friendlies and an opponent is okay with the lag then that's okay. But this is a tournament, and it doesn't make sense for somebody with a consistently slow connection speed to play and force others, who are used to normal-timed matches, to play at 30 frames per second or less and be subject to 12 minute matches.

Here is a link to Lance's Anther's Ladder page, where other players have rated him poorly for internet speed more than they have rated him positively: https://www.smashladder.com/player/12959/ultimatechampion/match-history
He has 1 and 2 for internet connection speed, rated by several players, and a comment talks about how there is button input delay. If anybody has been known for poor internet speed, it is Lance.

If anybody would like to test my connection speed, I'm open to that. I have an entire connection at 200mb/s up and down speed dedicated only for my Wii U. There are no interruptions, and the connection is constant.

Thank you.

Edit: Lance = Ultimatechampion/Yhwach.

Crestfall

Ok unfortunately (after consulting Staff as well) I have to DQ you Transcendent God Champion. Your connection was a major issue last time and multiple staff members have informed me that in all likelihood the lag issues are due to your connection. Sorry dude.

As for you Akenaga X [翔疾盾斬撃] I will attempt to get you a substitute instead. If that fails you will get the win and automatically move to the next round. I will let you know as soon as I can.

Crestfall

Unfortunately Yhwach you have a history of connection issues. So I don't exactly want to let you move on and subsequently (potentially) ruin another set. Not of any direct fault of yours but your connection. If you were a completely new entrant I would indeed go by the blue highlighted part you specified.

Thank you Crestfall. I assume that my opponent will be Eli. I look forward to our matches. If not, I'll stay updated on this thread and wait for my opponent to be announced.

Lance, I have nothing left to say to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)