Monotype [NDM] Dark of the Dusk (Mono Dark HO) (Also it's complete now you can come)

Which greninja set is better?

• Specs

• Scarf

• Z abuser

• Battle Bond

• Life Orb

• Band

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yo, it's Rex here back with another team. This time I bring a dark screens HO featuring Grimmsnarl The Bamboozler, Bisharp The Worse Kingambit, Greninja The Opp Destroya, Moltres The British Menace, Tyranitar The OG, and Meowscarada The Spanish Speedster (idk why I said it as if it was a unique team lmao). Now it's time for the team.
The Team
click on their sons and daughters for importable:grimmsnarl::bisharp::greninja::moltres_galar::tyranitar_mega::meowscarada:
:grimmsnarl: is the lead of the team. Unlike other leads, Grimmsnarl takes after thog, meaning that he don't caree (about magic bounce), so that's very nice. It is scared of diancie tho, so keep that in mind. Dual screens is what the whole team is built, so y'know. Taunt stops other hazard leads, lead setup sweepers,, taunt leads, other grimmsnarl (if you speedtie). Parting shot is for pivoting. Light clay is pretty standard, gives you more screens turns. Prankster is also pretty normal, just makes you go first (if you clicked a status move, which you will). EV spread is yet again, also pretty normal.

:bisharp: is the physical wallbreaker of the team. Knock off gives you a pretty good dark stab, item removal, and allows you to force progress. Sucker punch is a very good move. It gives you stab priority with high base power, scares choiced mons, and gives you the ability to mindgame., plus you always feel sneaky when clicking it so. Iron head s good stab that demolishes fairies, like diancie, valiant, lele, etc. SD makes this thing probably break a law in the geneva conventions... maybe. Eviolite makes this son of a bisharp far bulkier than it should be. Defiant punishes any moves that can drop a stat, sticky webs, and intimidate which is pretty good. EV spread is a pretty standard spread

:greninja:is the special wallbreaker of the team. Hydro pump is your water stab, which hits pretty hard at the cost of ptsd. Dark pulse is greninja's best dark stab, which as the fun bonus of having the chance to hax the hell out of someone. Sludge wave hits fairies and grass types. U-turn is for pivoting. Specs makes it hit like it just consumed 38 calciums (yes I did the math). Protean is an annoying ability bc it allows you to resist hits you really shouldn't, and also has no downside since I'm already using specs. EV spread is pretty standard
:moltres_galar:is the special setup sweeper of the team. Fiery Wrath is just better dark pulse. Hurricane is the best flying stab it gets (it's this or air slash so), at the cost of missing 99.99% of the time. Nasty plot boosts your special attack massively, making the firebird a scary firebird, plus it always feels mean to click. Agility makes oltres outright game winning. If they let you get a +2 on special attack and speed, most of the time it's joever. Flyinium Z gives a one time flying nuke, as well as absorb knock off. Berserk is just a cruel joke of an ability, you think you're finally able to deal with that moltres and then they get a +1 in special attack just because. EV spread is one example again standard.

:tyranitar_mega:is the physical setup sweeper of the team. Stone edge is tyranitar's best rock stab, with the nice bonus of crit chance and a villain origin story. Knock off gives you its best dark stab move that also removes items, forces progress, etc. etc. Earthquake gives you edgequake coverage. Dragon Dance allows you to boost til you win (maybe). Nothing I can say about Mega stone other than it absorbs knock off. Sand stream sets sand for itself, boosting its special defense. EV spread is standard

:meowscarada: is the scarfer of the team. Flower trick is busted, I have said this before and will say it again (also it's meow's best grass stab but whatever). Knock off is meoscarada's best dark move,removing items, forcing progress, etc. Play rough is useful fr dragons, fighting bois, and opposing dark bois. U-turn is for pivoting. Scarf allows meowscarada to outspeed a lot of mons, revenge kill, and sweep late game. Protean is the best ability meowscarada gets (seriously I hope I didn't accidentally leave overgrow this time). EV spread is standard.

Rough Matchups
Remember, these are all rough gameplans which aply broadly to teams of that type. Each team has a specific gameplan that beats it.
Bug: For bug, a combo of tyranitar and moltres can probably win you the game. If you need, bisharp can also do some good damage, because of defiant punishing webs and you having sucker punch.
Fairy: For fairy, greninja and bisharp are probably your best options. Tapu bulu can be a problem for both, but moltres deals with it nicely.
Fighting: For fighting moltres is gonna be hard-carrying. Sneasler is a huge threat though and you are always risking a hurricane miss, but if you get a +2 in speed you always outspeed it. If you don't wn with moltres, meowscarada can sweep with scarf play roughs.
So, this rmt came out incomplete because I'm stupid, but that is fixed now (the incomplete, not the stupid). I've chosen to leave my panicked reply to this thread, as it's kinda funny.
Edit: ty maroon for undeleting

Last edited:
Yo, it's Rex here back with another team. This time I bring a dark screens HO featuring Grimmsnarl The Bamboozler, Bisharp The Worse Kingambit, Greninja The Opp Destroya, Moltres The British Menace, Tyranitar The OG, and Meowscarada The Spanish Speedster (idk why I said it as if it was a unique team lmao). Now it's time for the team.
The Team
click on their sons and daughters for importable:grimmsnarl::bisharp::greninja::moltres_galar::tyranitar_mega::meowscarada:
:grimmsnarl: is the lead of the team. Unlike other leads, Grimmsnarl takes after thog, meaning that he don't caree (about magic bounce), so that's very nice. It is scared of diancie tho, so keep that in mind. Dual screens is what the whole team is built, so y'know. Taunt stops other hazard leads, lead setup sweepers,, taunt leads, other grimmsnarl (if you speedtie). Parting shot is for pivoting. Light clay is pretty standard, gives you more screens turns. Prankster is also pretty normal, just makes you go first (if you clicked a status move, which you will). EV spread is yet again, also pretty normal.

:bisharp: is the physical wallbreaker of the team. Knock off gives you a pretty good dark stab, item removal, and allows you to force progress. Sucker punch is a very good move. It gives you stab priority with high base power, scares choiced mons, and gives you the ability to mindgame., plus you always feel sneaky when clicking it so. Iron head s good stab that demolishes fairies, like diancie, valiant, lele, etc. SD makes this thing probably break a law in the geneva conventions... maybe. Eviolite makes this son of a bisharp far bulkier than it should be. Defiant punishes any moves that can drop a stat, sticky webs, and intimidate which is pretty good. EV spread is a pretty standard spread

:greninja:is the special wallbreaker of the team. Hydro pump is your water stab, which hits pretty hard at the cost of ptsd. Dark pulse is greninja's best dark stab, which as the fun bonus of having the chance to hax the hell out of someone. Sludge wave hits fairies and grass types. U-turn is for pivoting. Specs makes it hit like it just consumed 38 calciums (yes I did the math). Protean is an annoying ability bc it allows you to resist hits you really shouldn't, and also has no downside since I'm already using specs. EV spread is pretty standard
:moltres_galar:is the special setup sweeper of the team. Fiery Wrath is just better dark pulse. Hurricane is the best flying stab it gets (it's this or air slash so), at the cost of missing 99.99% of the time. Nasty plot boosts your special attack massively, making the firebird a scary firebird, plus it always feels mean to click. Agility makes oltres outright game winning. If they let you get a +2 on special attack and speed, most of the time it's joever. Flyinium Z gives a one time flying nuke, as well as absorb knock off. Berserk is just a cruel joke of an ability, you think you're finally able to deal with that moltres and then they get a +1 in special attack just because. EV spread is one example again standard.

:tyranitar_mega:is the physical setup sweeper of the team. Stone edge is tyranitar's best rock stab, with the nice bonus of crit chance and a villain origin story. Knock off gives you its best dark stab move that also removes items, forces progress, etc. etc. Earthquake gives you edgequake coverage. Dragon Dance allows you to boost til you win (maybe). Nothing I can say about Mega stone other than it absorbs knock off. Sand stream sets sand for itself, boosting its special defense. EV spread is standard

:meowscarada: is the scarfer of the team. Flower trick is busted, I have said this before and will say it again (also it's meow's best grass stab but whatever). Knock off is meoscarada's best dark move,removing items, forcing progress, etc. Play rough is useful fr dragons, fighting bois, and opposing dark bois. U-turn is for pivoting. Scarf allows meowscarada to outspeed a lot of mons, revenge kill, and sweep late game. Protean is the best ability meowscarada gets (seriously I hope I didn't accidentally leave overgrow this time). EV spread is standard.

Rough Matchups
Remember, these are all rough gameplans which aply broadly to teams of that type. Each team has a specific gameplan that beats it.
Bug: For bug, a combo of tyranitar and moltres can probably win you the game. If you need, bisharp can also do some good damage, because of defiant punishing webs and you having sucker punch.
Fairy: For fairy, greninja and bisharp are probably your best options. Tapu bulu can be a problem for both, but moltres deals with it nicely.
Fighting: For fighting moltres is gonna be hard-carrying. Sneasler is a huge threat though and you are always risking a hurricane miss, but if you get a +2 in speed you always outspeed it. If you don't wn with moltres, meowscarada can sweep with scarf play roughs.
So, this rmt came out incomplete because I'm stupid, but that is fixed now (the incomplete, not the stupid). I've chosen to leave my panicked reply to this thread, as it's kinda funny.
Uhhhhhhhh prankster grimmsnarl can’t taunt another grimmsnarl cuz dark immune to prankster moves.
Oh yea and choice item on HO is just wrong.

Uhhhhhhhh prankster grimmsnarl can’t taunt another grimmsnarl cuz dark immune to prankster moves.
Oh yea and choice item on HO is just wrong.
oh yeah, forgot about grimmsnarl being immune to taunt. Maybe with specs gren I'd agree with the choice item thing u said, but idk about meow. Meow does kinda need scarf.

boomp

Never Give Up
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
The Team

Rough Matchups
Honestly for a screens teams there is not much to really say, this team is not bad, only suggestions i would change is:
  • For Grimmsnarl, I would decide on to pick between p shot or taunt to be in one slot and take out the other for Spirit Break. More than likely you picking p shot in that slot so you can keep momentum/pivot to one of your setup sweepers. Spirit break is nice as well so you just dont become setup fodder or if grimm is the last mon alive, you are not just completely useless.
  • For Greninja, I would add in Ice Beam and Extrasensory over Dark Pulse and U-turn. U-turn is better off on a scarf set in my opinion as specs gren main job is to wallbreak for the team. Ice beam + Extrasensory is solid coverage, easing the Dragon, Flying, Poison, and Fighting Matchup is huge for the team.
  • For Goltres, I understand double dance is cool, but like you are honestly better off running taunt over agility. This allows Goltres to be able to setup on most things, notably status spreaders/walls like Toxapex which can just be a pain by just spamming toxic/haze. You also force a Z-haze out of it (if its running Z.)
  • I would honestly just add in Mega Sableye over M ttar. This is screens hyper offensive, yes but its still always nice to fall back on a defensive backbone and M Sableye fits that description while also preventing hazards with M bounce.
Other than that this is a dope team i love the concept! Hope this helps and like always happy gaming!

Honestly for a screens teams there is not much to really say, this team is not bad, only suggestions i would change is:
  • For Grimmsnarl, I would decide on to pick between p shot or taunt to be in one slot and take out the other for Spirit Break. More than likely you picking p shot in that slot so you can keep momentum/pivot to one of your setup sweepers. Spirit break is nice as well so you just dont become setup fodder or if grimm is the last mon alive, you are not just completely useless.
  • For Greninja, I would add in Ice Beam and Extrasensory over Dark Pulse and U-turn. U-turn is better off on a scarf set in my opinion as specs gren main job is to wallbreak for the team. Ice beam + Extrasensory is solid coverage, easing the Dragon, Flying, Poison, and Fighting Matchup is huge for the team.
  • For Goltres, I understand double dance is cool, but like you are honestly better off running taunt over agility. This allows Goltres to be able to setup on most things, notably status spreaders/walls like Toxapex which can just be a pain by just spamming toxic/haze. You also force a Z-haze out of it (if its running Z.)
  • I would honestly just add in Mega Sableye over M ttar. This is screens hyper offensive, yes but its still always nice to fall back on a defensive backbone and M Sableye fits that description while also preventing hazards with M bounce.
Other than that this is a dope team i love the concept! Hope this helps and like always happy gaming!
Yeah I think I'll do everything you said. Mega Sableye seems like an interesting idea and I will test it out. Ty boomp! (Once again lol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)