Ouroboros (Salamence) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

I decided to add Salamence to my team because of the fact that it is one of the many staples in the gen 3 OU metagame. It has a really high attack stat, a pretty high speed stat, and decent bulk. It also has access to dragon dance making it an extremely powerful sweeper. it can pretty much rip through almost any team with a few dragon dances.

Pixie (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Fire Punch
- Thunderbolt

Jirachi serves a similar role to Salamence being a special sweeper instead of a physical one. Its extremely bulky, can hit hard with its attacks, and is pretty fast. It also has a great defensive typing being a steel type.

Mermaid (Milotic) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Recover
- Toxic
- Refresh

Because i wanted a more balanced team, i decided for the 3rd slot i wanted a physical wall. And Milotic was just the pokemon that i wanted. It's extremely bulky thanks to it's ability marvel scale boosting its defense stats by 1.5x. And not only does it have really good defense stats, it also has an amazing special defense stat of 125 allowing it to sponge pretty much any speical hit that isn't something like STAB-Thunderblot from Magneton or Zapdos. It has access to moves like Recover for recovery, Toxic to wear down other Pokemon, and Refresh so that it doesnt get worn down by status conditions such as Poison and Burn.

USbreakfast (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Def / 212 SpA
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Ice Beam
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave

I don't think i really need to explain myself when it comes to Blissey. Blissey is one of, if not the most broken walls in the metagame. Just look at its monstrous stats and you could already tell why anyone would want it on one of their teams. It has access to recovery in Soft-Boiled, and can also be a great support Pokemon with moves such as Thunder Wave and Toxic.

OPfanbase (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Roar
- Protect
- Toxic

Skarmory is my main lead for my team. It's a great defensive Pokemon with it's Steel typing And it has access to moves such as Toxic to wear down the opposing Pokemon, Roar to stop set up sweepers from possibly demolishing your team, and providing great support with spikes.

Abdul (Claydol) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 32 SpA / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Psychic
- Explosion

I decided for the last Pokemon I would want a rapid spinner. Spikes can be extremely hurtful to any team. And knowing that Claydol is one of the best spinners in the metagame, I had to add it to my team. It can be a great Pokemon against bad matchups with Explosion. And it could also sponge a lot of hits with its good defensive stats.

I hope you guys liked the team. And if you have any suggestions please tell me!

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
1. Dragon Claw is a special attack in gen 3 and thus doesn't get boosted by Dragon Dance. Replace it with HP Flying on Salamence instead(is physical STAB).
2. This EV spread lets you take Ice Punch from Defensive Gengar while still outrunning Smeargle. I recommend using this instead of 252/252. (The set in the analysis is good too.)
Drattak (Salamence) @ Leftovers
EVs: 8 HP / 168 Atk / 192 SpD / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
3. Offensive Calm Mind Jirachi doest have much synergy with the other members of this team, consider replacing it with maybe Tyranitar(Bulky DD/4 attacks/Pursuit).

Dragon Claw is a special attack in gen 3 and thus doesn't get boosted by Dragon Dance
I would say the same!
If you want to run a mix Salamence, is better to have Fire Blast then Dragon Claw to Skarmory cover.
You can also use a special Salamence with Dragon Claw, Crunch, Flamethrower and Hydro Pumb.

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
I would say the same!
If you want to run a mix Salamence, is better to have Fire Blast then Dragon Claw to Skarmory cover.
You can also use a special Salamence with Dragon Claw, Crunch, Flamethrower and Hydro Pumb.
I wouldn't recommend full special mence, it gets walled hard by Blissey. I recommend running Brick Break over Crunch and on most teams HP Grass over Hydro Pump.

I wouldn't recommend full special mence, it gets walled hard by Blissey. I recommend running Brick Break over Crunch and on most teams HP Grass over Hydro Pump.
I, my self, run my Salamence as a mix attacker:

Salamence @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Brick Break

I mean, I use both Brick Break and HP Grass on my Salamence.

Ouroboros (Salamence) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

I decided to add Salamence to my team because of the fact that it is one of the many staples in the gen 3 OU metagame. It has a really high attack stat, a pretty high speed stat, and decent bulk. It also has access to dragon dance making it an extremely powerful sweeper. it can pretty much rip through almost any team with a few dragon dances.

Pixie (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Fire Punch
- Thunderbolt

Jirachi serves a similar role to Salamence being a special sweeper instead of a physical one. Its extremely bulky, can hit hard with its attacks, and is pretty fast. It also has a great defensive typing being a steel type.

Mermaid (Milotic) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Recover
- Toxic
- Refresh

Because i wanted a more balanced team, i decided for the 3rd slot i wanted a physical wall. And Milotic was just the pokemon that i wanted. It's extremely bulky thanks to it's ability marvel scale boosting its defense stats by 1.5x. And not only does it have really good defense stats, it also has an amazing special defense stat of 125 allowing it to sponge pretty much any speical hit that isn't something like STAB-Thunderblot from Magneton or Zapdos. It has access to moves like Recover for recovery, Toxic to wear down other Pokemon, and Refresh so that it doesnt get worn down by status conditions such as Poison and Burn.

USbreakfast (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Def / 212 SpA
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Ice Beam
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave

I don't think i really need to explain myself when it comes to Blissey. Blissey is one of, if not the most broken walls in the metagame. Just look at its monstrous stats and you could already tell why anyone would want it on one of their teams. It has access to recovery in Soft-Boiled, and can also be a great support Pokemon with moves such as Thunder Wave and Toxic.

OPfanbase (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Roar
- Protect
- Toxic

Skarmory is my main lead for my team. It's a great defensive Pokemon with it's Steel typing And it has access to moves such as Toxic to wear down the opposing Pokemon, Roar to stop set up sweepers from possibly demolishing your team, and providing great support with spikes.

Abdul (Claydol) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 32 SpA / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Psychic
- Explosion

I decided for the last Pokemon I would want a rapid spinner. Spikes can be extremely hurtful to any team. And knowing that Claydol is one of the best spinners in the metagame, I had to add it to my team. It can be a great Pokemon against bad matchups with Explosion. And it could also sponge a lot of hits with its good defensive stats.

I hope you guys liked the team. And if you have any suggestions please tell me!
Dclaw is a special attack in gen 3. Also, this looks really weak to 4 atks mence

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)