National Dex My First Proper Team (with a LOT of volt-turning)

I built this team largely just for the sake of building a somewhat viable team with Pokémon I think are very cool. I'm not really into competitive like crazy, but I wanted to make something I can actually get stuff done and have fun with apart from just using my favorites. I tried to stray from choosing mons above OU as much as I could to not be a normie, but by the time I was done building the team I realized I had 2, which wasn't that big of a deal to me but was still disappointing nonetheless. Anyways, onto the team, I started with:

swampert.gif

Swampert @ Assault Vest
Ability: Torrent
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Flip Turn

My favorite starter :)
Originally I was running its SS set w/ Leftovers, Stealth Rock and Yawn, but I decided to switch to a very enticing AV set since I'd rather leave hazard duty to Ferrothorn.

ferrothorn.gif

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Got this guy not just for the obvious hazards, but for the 4x resistance against the grass types Swampert might want to draw in. As previously stated, I'd like to run Stealth Rock on him as well so I can keep AV on Swampert, but I'm not sure whether to swap out Power Whip or Leech Seed (leaning towards the latter a bit though).

crobat.gif

Crobat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Inner Focus
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

I saw Swampert and Crobat appear in each other's Smogon entries a few times and thought I'd pair them up. A fast defogger w/ U-turn to dip after the job's done sounds very appealing :)

victini.gif

Victini @ Life Orb
Ability: Victory Star
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Glaciate
- U-turn

I chose most of these mons for their typing, and I wanted something fast and hard-hitting next so Victini fit the bill nicely. U-turn's here again for more volt-turn fun.

clefable.gif

Clefable @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave

Clefable's here for the special bulk, good typing and clerical support which I'm a fan of, especially the Wish-Support combo. Her versatility is a bit overwhelming, so I'd appreciate advice on her moveset.

greninja.gif

Greninja (Greninja-Bond) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Wave
- U-turn

Again, here for the typing and Battle Bond (RIP Ash-Greninja, you will be missed). I run Sludge Wave over Ice Beam for the dreaded fairy types and Swampert has Ice Punch anyways, and U-turn because volt-turn go brrrr

For a fully UU variant, I'd replace Ferrothorn with:

Goodra_de_Hisui_EP_variocolor.gif

Goodra-Hisui @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Acid Armor
- Heavy Slam
- Dragon Tail

Massive special tank w/ a great defensive typing and Sap Sipper to slurp up the grass moves Swampert attracts, I could ask for little more (outside of UU).

Overall I'd just like advice on the team as a whole, the movesets, and what other sub-OU Pokémon I might want to use instead.

Attachments

What tier and gen is this team for?
You mention wanting it to be sub-OU. This team would get completely cooked in current gen OU, so I guess that’s fair, but Ferrothorn doesn’t exist in SV so I’m assuming it’s past gen UU?
If so, Hisui-Goodra isn’t available in Gen 8 or below.
I’m not an UU player but I’m curious as to what format this is meant for.

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
What tier and gen is this team for?
You mention wanting it to be sub-OU. This team would get completely cooked in current gen OU, so I guess that’s fair, but Ferrothorn doesn’t exist in SV so I’m assuming it’s past gen UU?
If so, Hisui-Goodra isn’t available in Gen 8 or below.
I’m not an UU player but I’m curious as to what format this is meant for.
National Dex.....? DId you read the title...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)