Multifaction Recruitment Mafia - Night 13 (Deadline: 17/01 10:00pm GMT/5:00pm EST)

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
he is. i dont see how voting freelancers is indicative of being water, either
let me list it out:

prior to d2 i half-joke we will be voting hal for dropping the @ everyone in discord. this is apparently taken very seriously as water tries to nightkill me n2.

on d2, pidge throws out he has a blue-check on martin once it starts coming out that agape is grass and former asks all friendly FLs to grass to pull off. martin becomes the alternative until, after investigation, people get nervous and back out. there is not enough time/momentum to switch to aska and agape is voted out.

on d3, lonelyness foolishly contacts pidge about his blackmailing. pidge then throws ln under the bus in the lynch as 'water roleblocker' - one could argue this is a FL trying to save his own skin because ln says his ability could be bad for pidge but it's also another convenient non-water target. after investigation, pidge is determined to be full of it and aska is voted out instead.

on d4, he posts that 'oops my bad' chatgpt wall then votes former without much fanfare. does not do much this day, does say "let grass and fire show who they are by voting."

on d5, pidge kicks off voting sam. both freelancers he has thrown out 'trolling' are now dead. this happens after 3 water members turn up dead.

like, you tell me where he's done something anti-water.

let me list it out:

prior to d2 i half-joke we will be voting hal for dropping the @ everyone in discord. this is apparently taken very seriously as water tries to nightkill me n2.

on d2, pidge throws out he has a blue-check on martin once it starts coming out that agape is grass and former asks all friendly FLs to grass to pull off. martin becomes the alternative until, after investigation, people get nervous and back out. there is not enough time/momentum to switch to aska and agape is voted out.

on d3, lonelyness foolishly contacts pidge about his blackmailing. pidge then throws ln under the bus in the lynch as 'water roleblocker' - one could argue this is a FL trying to save his own skin because ln says his ability could be bad for pidge but it's also another convenient non-water target. after investigation, pidge is determined to be full of it and aska is voted out instead.

on d4, he posts that 'oops my bad' chatgpt wall then votes former without much fanfare. does not do much this day, does say "let grass and fire show who they are by voting."

on d5, pidge kicks off voting sam. both freelancers he has thrown out 'trolling' are now dead. this happens after 3 water members turn up dead.

I guess so... but it sorta confuses me on why Former and UncleSam don't vote him in any case. also LonelyNess was confirmed non roleblocker by, like, a lot of people that I even knew about it. I just didn't care. If Pidge really is water why is he not the vote and DLE is? Realistically I feel something is left out

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
let me list it out:

water hasn't annoyed me as much as former and us's empty promises, despite me trying to get on forever. even with all that, aska/realiti haven't pick me up, so i guess i'll just sit here until killed off. the one solace i have is that when i flip, you'll look dumb for this post.

Yeti

dark saturday
i claim freelancer. nonetheless, you've attacked my motivation for writing the message, but not the content itself. if an anonymous person wrote it what would you say?
i thought i pretty clearly attacked your content? billy didn't die for sheeping, he was already on water. bass suicided onto a snap trap. could happen to anyone.

most of your argument seems to be that "b-but what if I get onto water!!" have you tried to get onto fire for this supposedly-free win? have you tried to get onto grass to stage a coup? tried getting onto water to negotiate things? if you've tried nothing and you're still discontent with the gamestate, well, can't help you there, which seems to be a lot of what i've encountered talking to supposed still-FLs. "no i haven't talked to fire at all i just think they're winning and that's bad." which sounds like a skill issue.

i've never told anyone where to be voting today. if you're a FL and you'd rather hit water/get yourself onto fire or grass, vote dle. if you're a FL and you think grass won't stab fire in a timely-enough manner, vote sam. if you're a FL who doesn't care who's weak at this stage and isn't gonna cry like a baby about being unrecruited still, vote wherever you want.

Yeti

dark saturday
I guess so... but it sorta confuses me on why Former and UncleSam don't vote him in any case. also LonelyNess was confirmed non roleblocker by, like, a lot of people that I even knew about it. I just didn't care. If Pidge really is water why is he not the vote and DLE is? Realistically I feel something is left out
i mean i'm not really privy to what mechanical information former and sam have on DLE. my opinion of pidge as a likely water recruit may be strong but ultimately it's just my opinion and my evidence is cohesive but not foolproof.

like i'm not really telling them what to do, they're telling me what they're feeling/thinking.

Pidge

('◇')
i thought i pretty clearly attacked your content? billy didn't die for sheeping, he was already on water. bass suicided onto a snap trap. could happen to anyone.

most of your argument seems to be that "b-but what if I get onto water!!" have you tried to get onto fire for this supposedly-free win? have you tried to get onto grass to stage a coup? tried getting onto water to negotiate things? if you've tried nothing and you're still discontent with the gamestate, well, can't help you there, which seems to be a lot of what i've encountered talking to supposed still-FLs. "no i haven't talked to fire at all i just think they're winning and that's bad." which sounds like a skill issue.

i've never told anyone where to be voting today. if you're a FL and you'd rather hit water/get yourself onto fire or grass, vote dle. if you're a FL and you think grass won't stab fire in a timely-enough manner, vote sam. if you're a FL who doesn't care who's weak at this stage and isn't gonna cry like a baby about being unrecruited still, vote wherever you want.
are you denying the fact that you could sheep US, be recruited into water, and then be put in a hole you dug yourself?

ive talked to US at each phase. pretty sure he is never going to pick me up. i was honest with him and he said my role was shitty, then he expected me to give him free info along with my vote. like i'm sorry for not making up some absurd claim about my role. you seem to know that you have to lie about your role and seem strong to be recruited, so i'm surprised you aren't on a team yet, yeti. i would pick you up if i as in charge.

UncleSam — 12/28/2023 1:00 AM
can you vote aska please
[1:01 AM]
ln will be dealt with tonight and ill probably end up recruiting you if he does end up targeting you successfully somehow, because what he will give you will be way better in the endgame than the shitty role you have rn
if he does then get in touch with me tomorrow pls

Yeti

dark saturday
i have declined requests to recruit me and so far the individuals asking have been respectful of that. game's more fun early as a FL if you've got big balls. some peoples' appear to deflate if they don't get picked up quickly enough.

from what i know of your role it does appear to be bad.

Pidge

('◇')
i have declined requests to recruit me and so far the individuals asking have been respectful of that. game's more fun early as a FL if you've got big balls. some peoples' appear to deflate if they don't get picked up quickly enough.

from what i know of your role it does appear to be bad.
i joined to play the game, and until you're on a team, it feels like you don't get to 'play' or even get to know much info. like being a benchwarmer is not fun to me. in fact, the part where you get to 'play' the most as a freelancer is the day phase. so that's exactly what i'll do.

what's your reasoning behind voting DLE over US btw?

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Clouds
Laurel
HydrogenHydreigon
SirFish

tagging random people to hear their thoughts.
your point has merit but so does theirs and it's not that one-dimensional

not every freelancer is going to be in the same position with the grass and fire leaders. FL makes a bad call by overestimating how close they are to a recruit and that's on them, else you might as well cast the vote(s) that put you in the most favorable position moving forward. get recruited by another faction in the midst of it and you can use the goodwill you've built up to your advantage and try to rally. it's not instant doom if you get recruited by water or something when voting against water, and it's clear that water isn't always going to be in the trenches like they are now

my decision to remain a FL is mostly by choice at this stage of the game, but i'm still gonna vote where i feel like i should for the sake of the future

Yeti

dark saturday
i joined to play the game, and until you're on a team, it feels like you don't get to 'play' or even get to know much info. like being a benchwarmer is not fun to me. in fact, the part where you get to 'play' the most as a freelancer is the day phase. so that's exactly what i'll do.

what's your reasoning behind voting DLE over US btw?
i am currently voting neither!

honestly i feel very involved in the game without being on a team. when you're a FL, it is what you make of it. maybe i have more previous relations than some other players but i have talked to a lot of folks who started after my last game which is fun.

are you denying the fact that you could sheep US, be recruited into water, and then be put in a hole you dug yourself?

ive talked to US at each phase. pretty sure he is never going to pick me up. i was honest with him and he said my role was shitty, then he expected me to give him free info along with my vote. like i'm sorry for not making up some absurd claim about my role. you seem to know that you have to lie about your role and seem strong to be recruited, so i'm surprised you aren't on a team yet, yeti. i would pick you up if i as in charge.

UncleSam — 12/28/2023 1:00 AM
can you vote aska please
ln will be dealt with tonight and ill probably end up recruiting you if he does end up targeting you successfully somehow, because what he will give you will be way better in the endgame than the shitty role you have rn
if he does then get in touch with me tomorrow pls
so basically DLE's role isn't shitty. and theyre afraid of DLE so they want to vote him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)