Movin' On Up (Submissions!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a while since I posted here

Name:
Trevenant
New Stats: 125/130/100/65/120/50 (BST 590)
New Typing(if any): Grass/Ghost (really can't think of a more fitting typing)
Movepool Addition(s): Leaf Blade, Shadow Sneak, Synthesis
New Abilities(if any): Harvest/Water Absorb/Leaf Guard
Justification: Leaf Blade is because its leaves look pretty sharp. Shadow Sneak is because it's one of the few physical Ghost types without Shadow Sneak, which it kind of needs to abuse to be able to hit some things that are faster than it. Water Absorb and Leaf Guard are because it's a tree, as is Synthesis.
Niche in OU: The epitome of a bulky physical attacker, with 125/100/120 bulk and 130 physical attack. It also serves as a counter to Water types thanks to Water Absorb.

Name: Gogoat
New Stats: 123/120/69/97/81/101 BST 590
New Typing(if any): Grass/Normal
Movepool Addition(s): Wood Hammer/Head Smash/Wild Charge/Swords Dance
New Abilities(if any): Reckless (HA)
Justification: This Pokemon needed more speed and power which I gave it. It has bad bulk to balance this out and 101 outspeeds a lot of pokemon. It gets a bunch of Recoil moves so it will kill itself after a few moves but will do massive damage so it won't be 6-0ing a team. 120 attack is great with Reckless as it gets the boost to it's power house moves. SD allows it to get to massive levels of damage but it will find it hard to setup because of it's type and bad defence stat. Scarf sets might lock into the wrong move for the rest of the team and it doesn't have many switch in oppritunites. Moves are based off rams or horned sheep charging forward.
Niche in OU: It is going to pick up a kill almost always and it's good stab make it so almost nothing can stop a sweep of this pokemon. It will kill bulky pokemon even with defensive investment because of it's sheer power.

Name: Trevenant
New Stats: 85/146/106/65/82/97 BST 580
New Typing(if any): Grass/Dark
Movepool Addition(s): Sucker Punch/Knock Off/CSpikes
New Abilities(if any): Prankster/Moxie/Filter
Justification: This pokemon had a lot to work with with it's 474 bst so I made it as good as I could. It looks broken but it does get outsped by many threats in OU and is weak to common types. I gave it the ability to make have utility, sweeping abilities, and defensive capabilities. It gets bopped by many things as it has 4 moveslot syndrome and cover every threat it needs making it a lot harder to counter one pokemon. This thing got what it deserved after being in UU sucking there and RU sucking there and same with NU just not as much. I see a nice New Dark typing as it could be that or Ghost as they look very similar apperence wise and I through Trevenant would like it with Sucker Punch. Filter might seem strange but Trees are very sturdy and will stand strong to storms and Prankster is given because it is a great supporting mon. Moxie works well with the stats of this pokemon overall. Sucker Punch is due to it have hands and since it is dark being a little more sinister. Knock just really fits its design you know with the big branch hands. Spikes because many traps are set by trees and this is a living tree and with setup traps by itself
Niche in OU: It can fit a lot of team styles with those stats and abilities. It has decent speed great attack some utility moves priority and reliable recovery. This would be a top tier threat with so much versitility like Clef level and it could make a lot more things rise that can counter it as it can be outsped by Scarf mons priority and many other ways such as pure defensive pressure to force it out.

Last edited:
I would open voting, but nobody else did sawsbuck :/

What do you think Pika Exreme
automatically giving someone the win is never okay, even if said submission would win anyway for the sheer innovation of it
have my sub

Name: Sawsbuck
New Stats: 90 / 120 / 90 / 80 / 90 / 120 (BST 590 out of 590)
New Typing(if any): Normal/Grass
Movepool Addition(s): High Jump Kick, Extreme Speed, Headbutt
New Abilities(if any): the same
Niche in OU: yeah I know we had the e-speed slate like two seconds ago but this is a rushed submission for the sake of not technically giving Ludicrousity a free win shaddup

Anyway... VOTING! Unlike last time, I'll even be opening up with my own votes!

Sawsbuck: Ludicrousity
Trevenant: Hourai, Dilasc (Dear Rcook, Grass/Dark is grounds for getting a Move on Up, not something you should do with one)
Gogoat: The Someone, Ludicrousity
Stantler: The Someone

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Wait, one more Sawsbuck submission.

Name:
Sawsbuck
New Stats: 95/120/90/85/90/110 (590 BST)
Typing: Grass/Normal
Movepool Addition(s): High Jump Kick, Icicle Crash, Earthquake
New Abilities: Chlorophyll/Sap Sipper (Protean)
Justification: Changes from season become fast-paced battle changes with Protean. Gets some moves because of seasons (Icicle Crash for Winter, Earthquake for Autumn)
Niche in OU: Versatile offensive attacker. Also getting STAB in all moves is strong as hell.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay, Voting is open!

Sawsbuck: Ludicrousity (Me), The Someone, Pika Xreme
Gogoat: The Someone, Ludicrousity (me)
Trevenant: Dilasc, Hourai
Stantler: The Someone (I love that Normal/Psychic.), Dilasc (if your justification is that it's a RAINdeer, wouldn't Normal/Water make more sense? No need to change it, just my opinion :P)

Edit: Now that I think about it, Dilascs Exegutor (if we get round to it) will probably have Force Palm in it's move additions, because it's a PALM tree

Last edited:
Sawsbuck: Ludicrousity, the someone, Pika Xreme
Gogoat: Ludicrousity, the someone, Rcook
Trevanent: Hourai (I have no shame), Dilsac
Stantler: the someone

Last edited:
I don't have a Grass/Dark Trevenant. I swear I kept it Grass/Ghost. What is with the claim?!

Sawsbuck: Ludicrousity, Pika Xreme
Gogoat: Rcook, theSomeone
Trevanent: Rcook, Dilasc

I don't have a Grass/Dark Trevenant. I swear I kept it Grass/Ghost. What is with the claim?!

Sawsbuck: Ludicrousity, Pika Xreme
Gogoat: Rcook, theSomeone
Trevanent: Rcook, Dilasc
Was talking about someone else, sorry for the confusion, will edit, am awful god

Ludicrousity

So, the winners are...
Ludi's Sawsbuck!
Name: Sawsbuck
New Stats: 95/100/90/130/70/105 (590 BST)
Typing(Spring): Grass/Fairy
Typing(Summer): Grass/Fire
Typing(Autumn): Grass/Ground?
Typing(Winter): Grass/Winter
Movepool Addition(s): Moonblast (Spring), Heatwave (Summer), Earth Power (Autumn), Blizzard (Winter), Hyper Voice (All)
New Abilities(Spring): Pixilate/(Serene Grace)
New Abilities(Summer): Drought/(Serene Grace)
New Abilities(Autumn): Adaptability (Serene Grace)
New Abilities(Winter): Snow Warning (Serene Grace)
Justification: It's a deer based on the seasons. Any more justification needed?
Niche in OU: Sawsbuck can be played in numerous ways, thanks to it's 4 seasonal forms. It is essentially like Rotom, with it's multiple forms. Drought allows for Solar Beam, Pixilate gives STAB Hyper Voice, Snow Warning stops Blizzard from missing and Adaptability is just all round good.

Dilasc's Trevenant!
Name: Trevenant
New Stats: 105/120/109/55/122/79 (590)
Typing: Grass/Ghost
Movepool Addition(s): Sword Dance, Shadow Sneak
New Abilities(if any): Natural Cure/Regenerator/Intimidate
Justification: The fact is, less razory Grass Types have had SD, and Shadow Sneak is a missing Ghost staple for any Physical Ghost type.
Niche in OU: A set up Shadow Sneaker. We lack strong physical setup ghosts, so with Tevenant's defensive stats and immunities, setting up a SD, maybe 2, isn't impossible.

And The Someone walks away with both Stantler and Gogoat!
Name: Gogoat
New Stats: 130/110/80/100/100/70 (590)
Typing: Grass/Rock
Movepool Addition(s): Grassy Terrain, Ingrain, Wood Hammer, Head Smash
New Abilities(if any): Sap Sipper/Rock Head/Grass Pelt
Justification: A mountainous goat. Its horns are rock-hard.
Niche in OU: Can run a very bulky set with Grass Pelt+Grassy Terrain giving it a boost in Defense and passive recovery, while also boosting the power of Horn Leech that would recover even more HP. Leech Seed (or Ingrain) and Milk Drink can also be used in the set to make it recover even more HP. And with 130/80/100 spread and defensive typing, it can be a very good tank. However, with this set, it would get stopped by Sap Sipper Pokemon, so using Wild Charge or Rock Slide/Head Smash is recommended. Another set that can be used is a Rock Head Head Smash+Wood Hammer set, for a more offensive presence. However, it's somewhat slow so running Scarf is a must.

Name: Stantler
New Stats: 90/110/100/115/110/65 (590)
Typing: Normal/Psychic
Movepool Addition(s): Horn Leech, Tri-Attack, Dark Void, U-Turn
New Abilities(if any): Intimidate/Magic Guard/Sheer Force
Justification: I didn't know what to give to Stantler, so I reads its Pokedex entries. It's a weird magical black-hole-horned deer. With its horns, reality is distorted. So giving it a viable Trick Room set seemed like a good idea, that's why it's stat spread has low speed. Looking at its horns makes people feel weak, so Intimidate is kept while Dark Void is added (a boosted Hypnosis). Finally, Tri-Attack gives it a reliable special Normal STAB, and I'm sure it could shoot it out of its horns or something.
Niche in OU: A Trick Room utility set or a Dark Void one makes it very viable. U-Turn gives it the momentum it needs, while Magic Guard ignores passive hazard damage or Intimidate cripples the foes. While not a main part of its viability, Horn Leech is one of its best coverage moves, and can be used with Sheer Force in an offensive set (doesn't get the boost but keeps Stantler alive).

Me and Pinkchu (I like this nickname for him XD) have agreed on the next slate, but since it was his idea, I will leave the announcement to him.

Oh yeah, a hint (well, giveaway) to the one of the next mons is... well, read the edit on my votes :P

Discussion is open!! :-)

It's time for some RBY Classics to take the Moving On Up stage! Starring...

Exeggutor!

Golem!

Tauros!

And last but not least...

Lapras!

The RBY sprites are just for effect, by the way, we're still in Gen 6.

Name: Tauros
New Stats: 75/150/100/40/100/125
New Typing(if any): Normal/Ground
Movepool Addition(s): Swords Dance
New Abilities(if any): Moxie/Intimidate/Sheer Force (HA)
Justification: Moxie is used because bulls are always male and get more full of themselves and act tougher (science) the bigger the opponent they beat so Moxie seemed to fit very well with it's high Attacking Stats. I went for a Normal/Ground typing because it was Normal before and Ground fits with Bulls sweeping dust behind them when they attack. SD is a great addition to any pure Attacking Pokemon and can really just mess stuff up.
Niche in OU: This pokemon can work with Moxie to become a dangerous sweeper and Wallbreaker with very high power and very good STABS that only Skarm can take. Sheer Force+SD+150 Attack=Extreme Wallbreaking and cleaning which can help HO teams along with BO teams with it's nice 75/100/100 bulk meaning it can take hits and set up against many threats in the OU tier and it could work very well in the current OU with all the BO and Duggi Stall running around which it outspeeds with it's very nice speed tier in 125 speed. This pokemon would be the best wallbreaker in the tier only having trouble with Skarm and switching and Mega Sab as it can use Will to neuter it.

Name: Golem
New Stats: 80/140/130/55/140/45
New Typing(if any): Ground
Movepool Addition(s): Recover
New Abilities(if any): Solid Rock/Sturdy/Contrary
Justification: Pure Ground can work for Golem as it doesn't have the 4x weakness to Water and Grass and Recover works because Rock melts and becomes new rock in the ocean (more science) and Solid Rock is easy to justify which is it the a Rock, just a big Rock with Arms Eyes and Legs. Sturdy was there before this and it makes a lot of sense. Contrary shows how Rocks become a different Rock (even more science) in the Rock Cycle and works well with Superpower and Hammer Arm works well with it boosting it's speed.
Niche in OU: It can be a defensive BEAST with 80/130/140 bulk and can have offensive presence with 130 attack so it won't just be sitting there on Stall and it would just overall fit on so many team styles with it's bulk and attack and would be a hard pokemon to prep for but not impossible to break.

Name: Exeggutor
New Stats: 95/65/135/135/105/55
New Typing(if any): Grass/Psychic
Movepool Addition(s): Calm Mind/Focus Miss Blast/Shadow Ball
New Abilities(if any): Magic Guard/Harvest/Adaptability
Justification: It's a psychic type so it can use it psychic powers to stop from taking damage from many things that it may find in the OU tier. Adaptability makes sense because in a pokedex entry it says that it came from the tropics and exposure to sunlight made it grow thicker so it can adapt to environments it lives in.
Niche in OU: It would be a very good calm mind user and late game cleaner. It could CM up and start killing things from there and with Adaptability it becomes a very nice clean with it's great bulk and having very nice stab making with it having 2x power and will kill many weak things and will be a special Crawduant with Adaptability.
Name: Lapras
New Stats: 130/130/80/55/95/100
New Typing(if any): Water/Dragon
Movepool Addition(s): Dragon Tail/Shell Smash
New Abilities(if any): None
Justification: This pokemon always had a Dinosaur look, and Dinosaur pokemon are normal Dragons for some reason. Dragon Tail is great it can faze out things and the switch and Shell Smash makes a lot of sense as it has a shell say no more.
Niche in OU: It would be the most viable poke with SS and would be a very good offensive sweeper and could beat many many things, it could also work against offensive teams as after 1 SS it would nearly one shot everything and has a Frost Breath as a very nice move with it always crits (stupid I know) and DD could be used for a bulker build of Lapras.

Edit: I did it

Last edited:
New Stats: 105 / 95 / 115 / 125 / 95 / 55 (BST 590 out of 590)
New Typing(if any): Grass / Psychic
Movepool Addition(s): Focus Blast, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam, Calm Mind
New Abilities(if any): Chlorophyll / Thick Fat / Harvest
Justification: Jeebus, did anyone notice Exeggutor's movepool deficiency? I gave it some moves a lot of Psychic-types have, nothing too wacky. Thick Fat because have you SEEN the girth on that thing?
Niche in OU: Meet bulky Calm Mind: Defense actually higher than special defense by default edition. It's also the only good holder of Harvest, since Trevenant dropped it for the less interesting and rare Intimidate.

New Stats: 90 / 130 / 100 / 60 / 80 / 130 (BST 590 out of 590)
New Typing(if any): Normal / Rock
Movepool Addition(s): Head Charge, Head Smash
New Abilities(if any): Reckless / Intimidate / Sheer Force
Justification: Of the types of non-universal, non-Normal moves in Tauros' movepool, Rock, Fire and Psychic are tied for most common, so I went with Rock as it's the most flavorful. Reckless just... fits, and Head Charge and Head Smash both complement that and show Tauros as ramming its head into things as it's known to do.
Niche in OU: Whether it's through a Reckless or Sheer Force set, Tauros breaks things. And it's got a mix of high speed and high power no other Sheer Force user has.

New Stats: 135 / 115 / 90 / 95 / 95 / 60 (BST 590 out of 590)
New Typing(if any):
Movepool Addition(s): Icicle Crash, Wild Charge, Recover
New Abilities(if any): Water Absorb / Magic Guard / Hydration
Justification: Icicle Crash is duh, and it can already learn Electric moves so why not? Lapras also always seemed like a very mystical Pokemon to me, so there ya go.
Niche in OU: Lapras has gone full Dragon Dancer, and scarier yet, it's learned not only to avoid Stealth Rocks damage, but also that of its newly-learned Wild Charge! If you need further evidence I've gone mad, here you go.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
New Stats: 150/80/110/80/110/60 (BST 590)
Typing: Water/Ice
Movepool Addition(s): Shell Smash, Psyshock, Calm Mind
New Abilities(if any): No Guard/Shell Armor/Hydration
Justification: Lapras is said to be a calm Pokemon, to the point it has been led to extinction. They rarely fight. They rarely protect themselves, so No Guard. And I wanted to make Sing usable since it's said to sing beautifully. The rest is pretty straightforward. Psyshock and Calm Mind are there because it's a very intelligent and calm Pokemon according to Dex. Shell Smash is there because it has a shell.
Niche in OU: No Guard Sheer Cold is banned, don't worry. But Lapras still has No Guard Sing and AMAZING bulk. It also has No Guard STAB Blizzard, STAB Hydro Pump, Thunder and Shell Smash... coming off of mediocre offensive stats so this doesn't become too versatile and broken. Calm Mind's there if you're running a tank set. It still boosts Lapras's offenses but utilizes its good bulk to its advantage (instead of lowering it like Shell Smash).

Ludicrousity

New Stats: 75/120/105/40/100/150 (590 Max)
New Typing(if any): Normal/Fighting
Movepool Addition(s): Bulk Up, Head Charge, Close Combat?
New Abilities(if any): Speed Boost/Hustle/Reckless
Justification: The Fighting type is added because of how reckless bulls can be (That's also the justification for Reckless). Speed Boost is because of the way that bulls build up speed when charging. Hustle is a reference to the amount of Tauros in Oaks Lab. Bulk Up is for a setup move that makes sense. Head Charge is because, well, you know. Close Combat is for a good physical Fighting moves, that suits tauros.
Niche in OU: This buff puts Tauros on steroids. Literally. 120 attack and bulk up is enough to scare anything, and the best thing is, it doesn't take a mega slot.

New Stats: 130/85/110/95/110/60 (590 Max)
New Typing(if any): Water/Ice
Movepool Addition(s): Calm Mind, Recover, Destiny Bond
New Abilities(if any): Refrigerate/Shell Armour/Water Absorb
Justification: Calm Mind is because Lapras "rarely fight". Refrigerate is because it needed a good ability, and a way to make a strong Ice STAB. Destiny Bond is for a last call move before death that, in my opinion, makes sense. If that isn't enough, I'll just use the many Pokedex entries that say it was driven to point of extinction
Niche in OU: Lapras becomes a monsterous tank. With Calm Mind and 130/110/110 bulk, this thing will tank many hits before it eventually dies. And, if it's in the mood, will take you down with it. Refridgerate Is a great way to get a Physical and Special Ice STAB, and Shell Armour just adds to the bulk.

New Stats: 80/140/150/55/120/45 (570 Max)
New Typing(if any): Rock/Fire
Movepool Addition(s): Flare Blitz, Head Smash
New Abilities(if any): Rock Head/Sand Stream/Sturdy
Justification: Flare Blitz is for a good Fire STAB (like, come on. This thing gets Fire Blast ffs). Head Smash is for a very good physical Rock Attack that actually benefits from Rock Head. Sand Stream replaces Sand Veil, as it is a more useful Ability, and it still makes sense. I added the fire type because of the countless online Mega videos saying they want a Fire/Rock Golem, and it's Emerald Pokedex entry states "It is said to live in volcanic craters on mountain peaks."
Niche in OU: This thing is a tank. Not only does it take hits with an absurd 80/150/120 bulk, but it can hit like a truck. With Flare Blitz and Head Smash being absurdly broken.

Last edited:
I've been watching you people for a while, and might as well try this out.

New Stats: 90/135/105/50/90/120 (590 BST)
New Typing: Normal
Movepool Addition(s): Knock Off, Bulk Up, Slack Off
New Abilities(if any): Intimidate / Guts / Sheer Force
Justification: I can imagine Tauros being able to slap an item out of another Pokemon's hand using it's hooves, especially if Pokemon like Dodrio and Pururgly learns Knock Off too. Bulk Up because it's a very strong looking Pokemon that is definitely able to increase it's muscle, and probably needs too if caught and used for work on a field or something. Slack Off because it needs to sleep sometimes and it already naturally learns Rest. Guts for a similar reason to Bulk Up, since a strong bull like Tauros would have to show Guts.
Niche In Ou: Have you ever used Vigoroh in NU? Well, this Tauros is like that, but 9 billion times better. With a combination of good bulk, Bulk Up, 3 good abilities, and Slack Off, Tauros can be a nice user of Bulk Up, being able to set up and sweep with it's huge Attack stat. Intimidate gives it opportunities to set up, while Sheer Force gives it ridiculous power, boosted or not. Guts, however, is really nice. Guts allows Tauros to set up on bulky status spreaders and punish them for burning/poisoning/paralyzing Tauros. With these stats, Tauros can also opt to go defensive, playing like a Landorus-T is Lando-T had Roost instead of U-Turn or straight up All-Out Attacking with Guts or Sheer Force.

TlL;DR Bulky setup sweeper and offensive status absorber

New Stats: 150/85/90/85/120/60 (590 BST)
Typing: Water
Movepool Addition(s): Wish, Thunder Wave, Rapid Spin, Moonblast
New Abilities(if any): Water Absorb / Regenerator / Hydration
Justification: Wish because I can see Lapras looking to the sky, wishing upon a star. I'm imagining it in my head right now, it looks right. Thunder Wave because it's horn could act like a Lightning Rod where some electricity can come from, the same reason I can think of for Lapras learning Thunderbolt and Thunder. Rapid Spin because I could imagine that, even though it's massive, Lapras could spin quickly, head down and striking with its Shell. Regenerator because, like Slowbro or Audino, Lapras could probably rest upon being switched out, especially since Lapras used to hide in Union Cave in Generation 2 during the in-game week, so it was probably healing itself or resting during that time. It's now a Water/Fairy-type to reflect on how gentle hearted an graceful it is. Monblast adds to the new Fairy-typing and also reflects the fact that Lapras is found in a lot of dark places.
Niche In Ou: With a combination of Regenerator, Rapid Spin, and Wish, Lapras is now a very nice hazard remover and Wish passer. With Regenerator, Lapras heals up upon switching out , allowing it to keep up momentum and switch in and out often. Thanks to this, it can be brought in to Rapid Spin or Wish many times. Regenerator negates damage taken from hazards, an Lapras gets Heal Bell to deal with Toxic Spikes. On the other hand, Regenerator means that whenever Lapras switches out to pass a Wish onto one of its teammates, it will also heal up. The Water/Fairy-typing aids this, as it's a pretty good defensive typing. With all of this, Lapras is the only Pokemon with Wish, Thunder Wave, Rapid Spin, and Regenerator.

Ludicrousity

Yay, Voting time!

I won't be opening with my votes, so I'll leave you all to get on with it :-)

This one is for real xD

Ludicrousity

Exeggutor: Rcook, Pika Xreme
Golem: Ludicrousity (No Shame), Rcook
Tauros: Pika Xreme, YoshiBlaze, Ludicrousity
Lapras: The Someone

And with that, i give you the results!

Rcooks Exeggutor
New Stats: 95/65/135/135/105/55
New Typing(if any): Grass/Psychic
Movepool Addition(s): Calm Mind/Focus Miss Blast/Shadow Ball
New Abilities(if any): Magic Guard/Harvest/Adaptability
Justification: It's a psychic type so it can use it psychic powers to stop from taking damage from many things that it may find in the OU tier. Adaptability makes sense because in a pokedex entry it says that it came from the tropics and exposure to sunlight made it grow thicker so it can adapt to environments it lives in.
Niche in OU: It would be a very good calm mind user and late game cleaner. It could CM up and start killing things from there and with Adaptability it becomes a very nice clean with it's great bulk and having very nice stab making with it having 2x power and will kill many weak things and will be a special Crawduant with Adaptability.

Thanks to a random generator, I win Golem. Rough luck Rcook :(
New Stats: 80/140/150/55/120/45 (570 Max)
New Typing(if any): Rock/Fire
Movepool Addition(s): Flare Blitz, Head Smash
New Abilities(if any): Rock Head/Sand Stream/Sturdy
Justification: Flare Blitz is for a good Fire STAB (like, come on. This thing gets Fire Blast ffs). Head Smash is for a very good physical Rock Attack that actually benefits from Rock Head. Sand Stream replaces Sand Veil, as it is a more useful Ability, and it still makes sense. I added the fire type because of the countless online Mega videos saying they want a Fire/Rock Golem, and it's Emerald Pokedex entry states "It is said to live in volcanic craters on mountain peaks."
Niche in OU: This thing is a tank. Not only does it take hits with an absurd 80/150/120 bulk, but it can hit like a truck. With Flare Blitz and Head Smash being absurdly broken.

Pika Xreme charges ahead with Tauros
New Stats: 90 / 130 / 100 / 60 / 80 / 130 (BST 590 out of 590)
New Typing(if any): Normal / Rock
Movepool Addition(s): Head Charge, Head Smash
New Abilities(if any): Reckless / Intimidate / Sheer Force
Justification: Of the types of non-universal, non-Normal moves in Tauros' movepool, Rock, Fire and Psychic are tied for most common, so I went with Rock as it's the most flavorful. Reckless just... fits, and Head Charge and Head Smash both complement that and show Tauros as ramming its head into things as it's known to do.
Niche in OU: Whether it's through a Reckless or Sheer Force set, Tauros breaks things. And it's got a mix of high speed and high power no other Sheer Force user has.

and sailing away, is The Someone, with Lapras
New Stats: 150/80/110/80/110/60 (BST 590)
Typing: Water/Ice
Movepool Addition(s): Shell Smash, Psyshock, Calm Mind
New Abilities(if any): No Guard/Shell Armor/Hydration
Justification: Lapras is said to be a calm Pokemon, to the point it has been led to extinction. They rarely fight. They rarely protect themselves, so No Guard. And I wanted to make Sing usable since it's said to sing beautifully. The rest is pretty straightforward. Psyshock and Calm Mind are there because it's a very intelligent and calm Pokemon according to Dex. Shell Smash is there because it has a shell.
Niche in OU: No Guard Sheer Cold is banned, don't worry. But Lapras still has No Guard Sing and AMAZING bulk. It also has No Guard STAB Blizzard, STAB Hydro Pump, Thunder and Shell Smash... coming off of mediocre offensive stats so this doesn't become too versatile and broken. Calm Mind's there if you're running a tank set. It still boosts Lapras's offenses but utilizes its good bulk to its advantage (instead of lowering it like Shell Smash).

No more puns, but onto the next slate!

Whether the Weather
Abomasnow, Ninetales, Politoed and Castform!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)