Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Is it possible to find out your SID without any external devices in BW/BW2? I have all of my information such as the calibration, ID, OT, Mac Address, Actual Seconds, etc. but not my SID.

Is it possible to find out your SID without any external devices in BW/BW2? I have all of my information such as the calibration, ID, OT, Mac Address, Actual Seconds, etc. but not my SID.
Nope, you gotta use an AR or send a mon down to 6th gen and check there.

Lucky for me I have some BW/BW2 Pokemon in 6th gen. How does that work if it's not too much trouble of me asking?
I assume you don't have a powersaves, so you can either a) if you can browser exploit, do that and check your bw2's details, it should show the original trainer's (your bw2) tid/sid or b) trade it to someone who can check and have them check for you.

I assume you don't have a powersaves, so you can either a) if you can browser exploit, do that and check your bw2's details, it should show the original trainer's (your bw2) tid/sid or b) trade it to someone who can check and have them check for you.
I forgot all about the browser exploit. I do have a powersaves, thank you for the help!

OK, trying to do a wild capture on my Heart Gold cart. Seed is 4E1003B2 (delay 933, second 14), going for Impish 31/31/31/17/31/31 50% Female spread. Trying to catch a Rhyhorn (encounter slot 9 and 11). Problem is I consistently hit my seed (check with Raikou and Entei roamers) then start to do the advancements and for some reason I keep getting a $%#^%$ Donphan which is encounter slot 6 (not 9 for Rhyhorn) and MALE when the first 30 frames are 50% Female. I don't get it. Have captured him twice now and he is Careful with 27 Sp Atk, 0-5 Def and SpDef... Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Seems like I'm hitting some other seed or something.

edit: this is Victory Road btw, does it have NPCs? I don't think so but haven't double checked. Have tried both in 1F and almost by the exit (2F?) with same results...

OK, trying to do a wild capture on my Heart Gold cart. Seed is 4E1003B2 (delay 933, second 14), going for Impish 31/31/31/17/31/31 50% Female spread. Trying to catch a Rhyhorn (encounter slot 9 and 11). Problem is I consistently hit my seed (check with Raikou and Entei roamers) then start to do the advancements and for some reason I keep getting a $%#^%$ Donphan which is encounter slot 6 (not 9 for Rhyhorn) and MALE when the first 30 frames are 50% Female. I don't get it. Have captured him twice now and he is Careful with 27 Sp Atk, 0-5 Def and SpDef... Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Seems like I'm hitting some other seed or something.

edit: this is Victory Road btw, does it have NPCs? I don't think so but haven't double checked. Have tried both in 1F and almost by the exit (2F?) with same results...
The best guess I'd have is just you are hitting the wrong seed...actually I think I found the problem, you hit the wrong second and got seed 4D1003B2 which on frame 17 yields a careful 11/9/0/27/2/23 male in encounter slot 5 (donphan is slot 4 and 5) yet has the same position of roamers (raikou on route 45 and entei on route 44)

Pretty much wrong frame by 1 and time was behind by 1 second but the delay was spot on.

This assumes at least that the date is January 5th of 2013(since 2015 would make the delay 931) and the intended time being 16:59:14 although checking against January 6th and 7th in the seed to time finder seems that the whole one second earlier having the same beast location is consistent.

Last edited:
The best guess I'd have is just you are hitting the wrong seed...actually I think I found the problem, you hit the wrong second and got seed 4D1003B2 which on frame 17 yields a careful 11/9/0/27/2/23 male in encounter slot 5 (donphan is slot 4 and 5) yet has the same position of roamers (raikou on route 45 and entei on route 44)

Pretty much wrong frame by 1 and time was behind by 1 second but the delay was spot on.

This assumes at least that the date is January 5th of 2013(since 2015 would make the delay 931) and the intended time being 16:59:14 although checking against January 6th and 7th in the seed to time finder seems that the whole one second earlier having the same beast location is consistent.
My target time was 2013 08 04 at 16:32:14

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
As Stan mentioned, you're probably not hitting the right seed. If you expand the search parameters in the Seed to Time, you'll see that the roamer locations are not unique. Try verifying with Elm/Irwin calls to determine what seed you are hitting.

Also, make sure that you are aiming for a Method K spread and not Method 1 (and that you select Method K in the main window). You'll have to find a new seed if it's for Method 1.

Don't remember if there are NPCs there, but if there are it's nothing you can't handle ;)

As Stan mentioned, you're probably not hitting the right seed. If you expand the search parameters in the Seed to Time, you'll see that the roamer locations are not unique. Try verifying with Elm/Irwin calls to determine what seed you are hitting.

Also, make sure that you are aiming for a Method K spread and not Method 1 (and that you select Method K in the main window). You'll have to find a new seed if it's for Method 1.

Don't remember if there are NPCs there, but if there are it's nothing you can't handle ;)
I'm gonna try with a different time instead, don't think there are NPCs (not that it would be a problem, done it before) because when I do the advances after hitting my seed I get the same pokemon consistently (which wouldn't happen with NPCs). Yeah, I sorta try to check IVs/Nature on each frame and they never matched the generated spread with that seed so most likely I'm hitting another seed for some reason sigh. Thank you guys for your help, I hadn't done wild captures on HG, just stationary so far. I've had done most stuff on Plat tho (pokeradar, roamer, breeds, etc.)

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
No problem! You'll get it :)

Just to confirm: I only also get the 5 IV spread to show up as you described when I choose Method 1 in the main window, rather than Method K. Did you search for a method 1 spread by mistake? If so, the IVs may never match up since the two methods are generated differently.

Edit: Thanks Scrying Stan.

Last edited:
Just to confirm: I only get the 5 IV spread to show up as you described when I choose Method 1 in the main window, rather than Method K. Did you search for a method 1 spread by mistake? If so, the IVs may never match up since the two methods are generated differently.
with 4E1003B2 31/31/31/17/31/31 impish does pop up with method K just requires a impish syncronizer

without one then yeah no 5x iv pops up (well in a realistic amount of frames if at all)

Edit: no problem

Last edited:
no, I did have method K selected and I got an Impish sync. Will try a different date/time and check tonight. I guess I could start using Elm responses to check too
If you want to do elm calls you have to have a pokemon with pokerus, hatched the togepi egg and showed it to elm, and been to kanto(I think crossing the border counts?)

Since I've never personally ran into pokerus in any game I call juggler Irwin who is functionally the same as elm but one response (equivalent to the pokerus response i think it is if not it's the kanto response) that is pretty long.

Well now I have a question of my own, when my diamond loads and shows the journal which has a page showing a pokemon was caught does the frame advance as if I were using the journal to advance frames or is that well only when I flip the page to a pokemon caught entry.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Well now I have a question of my own, when my diamond loads and shows the journal which has a page showing a pokemon was caught does the frame advance as if I were using the journal to advance frames or is that well only when I flip the page to a pokemon caught entry.
It advances whenever that entry is shown, so it would immediately advance the frame (without having to flip).

It advances whenever that entry is shown, so it would immediately advance the frame (without having to flip).
Is there a way to have seed to time finder compensate for that or otherwise make a blank page generate? Sorta locked into catching dialga since well rowan/dawn won't let you leave until you capture or defeat it.

Edit: Ok should have probably looked up the journal first...supposedly i just have to save again after reloading the game and it should stop trying to pop up. First time rnging in dppl so hadn't had this sort of problem before

Second Edit: Yep saving after reloading fixed it...just have to remember to do that next time since have a specific target in mind and thanks for the help shiny finder.

Last edited:

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Is there a way to have seed to time finder compensate for that or otherwise make a blank page generate? Sorta locked into catching dialga since well rowan/dawn won't let you leave until you capture or defeat it.
Not that I know of. Unless you can find a way to make a different journal entry appear by doing stuff in-game and re-saving, you might just have to cope with the 2 advances (it shouldn't affect you verifying your seed with Coin flips).

Last edited:
Actually the journal showing up first is a "trick" when RNGing wondercards on plat. I choose a low frame seed, boot the journal and do the advances first, take my gift pokemon and then do the coin flips. That way the NPC doesn't mess up my frames.

Well I'm having a strange problem, trying to rng rotom and for some reason I can only hit even delays both with and without a game in the gba slot, rolled the year back one so I can hit it and the delay still is hitting even. Anyone have any idea what is going on by any chance? And yes the game is being registered by the ds and diamond when I load it when I try to use it to change the delay.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Well I'm having a strange problem, trying to rng rotom and for some reason I can only hit even delays both with and without a game in the gba slot, rolled the year back one so I can hit it and the delay still is hitting even. Anyone have any idea what is going on by any chance? And yes the game is being registered by the ds and diamond when I load it when I try to use it to change the delay.
The fact that inserting a working GBA Pokemon game doesn't change the delay is weird, but when you changed the year in your DS did you also change whether the game was inserted? In effect, changing both at the same time would cause you the get the same kind of delay (i.e odd/even).

Do you have the "Odd/Even should match the seed's delay" checked in the Seed to Times window? If so, try unchecking it and/or doing more coin flips to make sure you know which seed you're hitting.

There's also a post in this thread that says you can flip delays by scrolling down to the bottom menu (and back up) on the screen where you choose continue. That might be worth a shot.

It has happened to me once where I inserted a GBA cart and still got the same type of delays (odd or even). But then, changing the year has never failed me. Are you sure you are also changing the year on the RNG Reporter?

The fact that inserting a working GBA Pokemon game doesn't change the delay is weird, but when you changed the year in your DS did you also change whether the game was inserted? In effect, changing both at the same time would cause you the get the same kind of delay (i.e odd/even).
It has happened to me once where I inserted a GBA cart and still got the same type of delays (odd or even). But then, changing the year has never failed me. Are you sure you are also changing the year on the RNG Reporter?
Aye i remembered to change my year in rng reporter, got the rotom with a even delay (course the only seed for the pid I was aiming for required 600 frame advances but at least it is done). Of course I really wonder what happened since when I was rnging dialga the gba cartridge did flip the delay

Do you have the "Odd/Even should match the seed's delay" checked in the Seed to Times window? If so, try unchecking it and/or doing more coin flips to make sure you know which seed you're hitting.

There's also a post in this thread that says you can flip delays by scrolling down to the bottom menu (and back up) on the screen where you choose continue. That might be worth a shot.
Had to uncheck it to see what seed I was hitting when the coin flip finder was returning 0 results but would probably forget about it at some point so good point out.

and I'll keep the scrolling in mind although I have to unlock more options in the menu to do that.

At least though finished my current project in diamond, manipulated my tid/sid for the first time ...well successfully (I tried and failed in gen 5 since sorta didn't read that I had to find both timer0s in black) and successfully rnged dialga and rotom with coin flips and a pair of parrots/chatots.

Now maybe I'll go finish a project of rnging a ..'ok' shiny entei in soul silver.

ok, my dilemma:
i have a shiny zubat(now crobat) i caught on emerald
its IVs are 29/25/20/16/11/15 and is jolly
however, cant get a direct PD, as by using the PID finder on RNG reporter, i only get 1 result with these specfics, and its not shiny
despite this, i got the secret ID by convertng t to hex, then binary, adding it wth my traner bnary, and recombnng for a secret id
however, plugged ths nto the emloop japanese client, and try as might, t doesnt ht the only frame that has the aforementioned IV's and nature, which n emerald is 97150
it got to 97150, but i cant take that o be right

any ideas/help/suggestions?

ok, my dilemma:
i have a shiny zubat(now crobat) i caught on emerald
its IVs are 29/25/20/16/11/15 and is jolly
however, cant get a direct PD, as by using the PID finder on RNG reporter, i only get 1 result with these specfics, and its not shiny
despite this, i got the secret ID by convertng t to hex, then binary, adding it wth my traner bnary, and recombnng for a secret id
however, plugged ths nto the emloop japanese client, and try as might, t doesnt ht the only frame that has the aforementioned IV's and nature, which n emerald is 97150
it got to 97150, but i cant take that o be right

any ideas/help/suggestions?
What are you looking for specifically?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)