Team Monotype Premier League VII - Finals [Won by: Bell Tower Braves]

This is the biggest thing that I have done on this website and it means so much to me. To finish off this season I would like to thanks some people and say what I learned.
Mateeus Thank you for being a wonderful friend and a great co-manager. If you didn't agree to manage with me there is no way that I would have been picked. Your Staravia loving ways have made you one of the more roasted people in the community, but you are actually incredibly smart and a pleasure to be around. Best bird-based player on this website for sure.

Bondie Although you didn't play a game this MPL, having you in our cord was great. I distinctly remember you making a very important call in the early weeks of the tour. Our gen 5 mono water team almost didn't have a specs Keldeo, but you said to change it to help vs steel. We ended up facing steel and winning. There are actually many times where you saved our team from one of my oversights. Even if you don't remember them all, I certainly do. Thanks for being a friend. Glad I can co-own the monotype room with you.

Ticken thanks for helping me become an artist. Talking with you on discord about art, programming, and pokemon is always enjoyable. You are a really cool guy who does way more for this community than 90% of people realize. WE wouldn't have won this tour without your spreadsheets.
This metagame is incredibly hard to build. It gave me more headaches than any other slot. Although the meta is pretty balanced, its incredibly difficult to play well. It requires far more matchup knowledge than any of the other gens of mono. Having prepped for a certain matchup is incredibly overpowered. It might seem like an RPS format but in reality, it's a format where studying and innovating really pays off.

TJ getting to know you this season was really nice. Your confidence going into each week really helped. I only wish I could've built more teams for you

roxiee Your team building is getting to be incredible. I think that if you put more time and thought into your tournament matches you could really become a legend. The psychic team that you brought to semis inspired me to innovate more in SS. Keep on playing!

SwordStrike you surprised me more than anyone. Going 3-0 in your first-ever tournament is an amazing accomplishment. You are very bright and coachable. Every piece of advice that I gave you seemed to have been instantly implemented in a great way. I doubt this is the last tournament that you will win if you continue playing.

Sificon You were just as good as swordstrike as a substitute, and you were really awesome in the team chat. I'd gladly draft you again if you continue playing monotype. Glad I was able to meet you. 2-0 could've easily been 3-0 or more if we played you.

tko great player and nice to chat with. I'll definitely look out for you in future drafts. Good luck in SCL

My best SS helpers: style.css, Clarity, and Leafium Z you guys were always online when I need you to be. Thank you so much

Decem always down to do more SS mono tests with you. Good luck in college and don't be a stranger
This is the only metagame that I didn't build. Harpp is a legend who always had teams on hand of every type. I picked a type and Harpp delivered every single time. Absolute beast
This metagame is very weird, and it is also probably the one that I innovated in the least. It seems like the top 5 types are a huge step up from the rest. If you decide to bring any type other than Psychic, Flying, Water, Ground, and Fighting, you are probably making a mistake. I think Dark and Steel are ok too, but all the others feel strange. The mega evolutions on the top types are incredibly broken. I'm not sure if I would ban them but those mons really push the top types over the edge for me.

lax you are always active when games are happening and I loved rooting for our team when you were on. You played very well and are a pleasure to be around. Even if you were garbage at this game I would draft you again for your attitude. Lucky for me you are also an incredible player.
These were my two favorite slots to build and it's not even close. The BW metagame is super fun to build and has tons of room for innovation. This tournament had Psychic boasting absolutely crazy stats, ending the tour with an 80% win rate and by far the most usage, I think we can all see what the best type is. Ground heavily overperformed due to under-preparedness by the competitors. Ground really does just lose to any mon with water and grass coverage. I do not expect it to continue winning this way in future years. Fighting had some early losses but I think it is possibly the only type that rivals Psychic's matchup spread. I expect the future of this metagame to be entirely Psychic vs Fighting. Water is also great, but I haven't seen enough innovation on the type that really changes its matchup vs psychic. Steel is good but the top types should almost always win if they are running tech for it. Sabella came up with a great hp fire starmie that made the matchup seem impossible to me. I think its possible for some of the A tier types to start beating psychic and fighting, but they need to start being more focused on their matchups.

SoulWind You played almost perfectly this season. I honestly think all of your losses were due to my incompetence easrly in the season, or to luck in a close game. You are a very stoic person, and I would like to play with you more in the future

Bushtush You really carried this team with your winrate. Making teams for you was so much fun because I knew I could give you the craziest new tech and you would implement them flawlessly into your game plan. Much like lax and TJ, your presence in the cord was also amazing. You are really nice to talk to and I would easily overpay for you in future tours.

Crashy and Sabella, I really look up to both of you as builders of this metagame. Your continued success and willingness to innovate is amazing. I definitely tried way too hard to beat you every time we played against your teams. I think some of your usage is predictable, which is actually why I think we ended up beating you. Both of you should have used fighting more this tour IMO. I hope we meet again and can continue developing this old and beautiful format.
Although I would love to shoutout 100 people that I have had brief encounters with, I'll just say this: the monotype community is truly different than any other showdown group. This all started on side servers with kids who wanted to become gym leaders, and it has grown into one of the coolest and most developed metagmes in the history of pokemon.

Right now I only have one gripe with it. Despite being the most popular non-ou format for new players, our high-level competitive player list grows at a much slower rate than any other tier. I think the best thing for us to do right now as a metagame is to promote, invite, and encourage high-level thinking among new players. Monotype will probably always be around if people are playing pokemon, but I know we can eclipse tiers like UU or random battles if we just start making better resources and meet new people.
I will continue developing this metagame, because it is by far the coolest way to play pokemon. However, I am also going to college. I am a math physics, and computer science major. STEM is my true passion in life and I hope to work just as hard on developing science as I have monotype. My next step in pokemon is to try and make it into a trophy tournament, or to win an individual tournament. If you ever want to chat, I will be in the monotype room. Great tour everyone!
TL;DR Monotype is one of the coolest ways to enjoy pokemon, and we should do everything we can as a community to develop it. There are so many more great games to be played

Last edited:

crashy

Mr. Ass
is a Tiering Contributor
This is the biggest thing that I have done on this website and it means so much to me. To finish off this season I would like to thanks some people and say what I learned.
Mateeus Thank you for being a wonderful friend and a great co-manager. If you didn't agree to manage with me there is no way that I would have been picked. Your Staravia loving ways have made you one of the more roasted people in the community, but you are actually incredibly smart and a pleasure to be around. Best bird-based player on this website for sure.

Bondie Although you didn't play a game this MPL, having you in our cord was great. I distinctly remember you making a very important call in the early weeks of the tour. Our gen 5 mono water team almost didn't have a specs Keldeo, but you said to change it to help vs steel. We ended up facing steel and winning. There are actually many times where you saved our team from one of my oversights. Even if you don't remember them all, I certainly do. Thanks for being a friend. Glad I can co-own the monotype room with you.

Ticken thanks for helping me become an artist. Talking with you on discord about art, programming, and pokemon is always enjoyable. You are a really cool guy who does way more for this community than 90% of people realize. WE wouldn't have won this tour without your spreadsheets.
This metagame is incredibly hard to build. It gave me more headaches than any other slot. Although the meta is pretty balanced, its incredibly difficult to play well. It requires far more matchup knowledge than any of the other gens of mono. Having prepped for a certain matchup is incredibly overpowered. It might seem like an RPS format but in reality, it's a format where studying and innovating really pays off.

TJ getting to know you this season was really nice. Your confidence going into each week really helped. I only wish I could've built more teams for you

roxiee Your team building is getting to be incredible. I think that if you put more time and thought into your tournament matches you could really become a legend. The psychic team that you brought to semis inspired me to innovate more in SS. Keep on playing!

SwordStrike you surprised me more than anyone. Going 3-0 in your first-ever tournament is an amazing accomplishment. You are very bright and coachable. Every piece of advice that I gave you seemed to have been instantly implemented in a great way. I doubt this is the last tournament that you will win if you continue playing.

tko great player and nice to chat with. I'll definitely look out for you in future drafts. Good luck in SCL

My best SS helpers: style.css, Clarity, and Leafium Z you guys were always online when I need you to be. Thank you so much

Decem always down to do more SS mono tests with you. Good luck in college and don't be a stranger
This is the only metagame that I didn't build. Harpp is a legend who always had teams on hand of every type. I picked a type and Harpp delivered every single time. Absolute beast
This metagame is very weird, and it is also probably the one that I innovated in the least. It seems like the top 5 types are a huge step up from the rest. If you decide to bring any type other than Psychic, Flying, Water, Ground, and Fighting, you are probably making a mistake. I think Dark and Steel are ok too, but all the others feel strange. The mega evolutions on the top types are incredibly broken. I'm not sure if I would ban them but those mons really push the top types over the edge for me.

lax you are always active when games are happening and I loved rooting for our team when you were on. You played very well and are a pleasure to be around. Even if you were garbage at this game I would draft you again for your attitude. Lucky for me you are also an incredible player.
These were my two favorite slots to build and it's not even close. The BW metagame is super fun to build and has tons of room for innovation. This tournament had Psychic boasting absolutely crazy stats, ending the tour with an 80% win rate and by far the most usage, I think we can all see what the best type is. Ground heavily overperformed due to under-preparedness by the competitors. Ground really does just lose to any mon with water and grass coverage. I do not expect it to continue winning this way in future years. Fighting had some early losses but I think it is possibly the only type that rivals Psychic's matchup spread. I expect the future of this metagame to be entirely Psychic vs Fighting. Water is also great, but I haven't seen enough innovation on the type that really changes its matchup vs psychic. Steel is good but the top types should almost always win if they are running tech for it. Sabella came up with a great hp fire starmie that made the matchup seem impossible to me. I think its possible for some of the A tier types to start beating psychic and fighting, but they need to start being more focused on their matchups.

SoulWind You played almost perfectly this season. I honestly think all of your losses were due to my incompetence easrly in the season, or to luck in a close game. You are a very stoic person, and I would like to play with you more in the future

Bushtush You really carried this team with your winrate. Making teams for you was so much fun because I knew I could give you the craziest new tech and you would implement them flawlessly into your game plan. Much like lax and TJ, your presence in the cord was also amazing. You are really nice to talk to and I would easily overpay for you in future tours.

Crashy and Sabella, I really look up to both of you as builders of this metagame. Your continued success and willingness to innovate is amazing. I definitely tried way too hard to beat you every time we played against your teams. I think some of your usage is predictable, which is actually why I think we ended up beating you. Both of you should have used fighting more this tour IMO. I hope we meet again and can continue developing this old and beautiful format.
Although I would love to shoutout 100 people that I have had brief encounters with, I'll just say this: the monotype community is truly different than any other showdown group. This all started on side servers with kids who wanted to become gym leaders, and it has grown into one of the coolest and most developed metagmes in the history of pokemon.

Right now I only have one gripe with it. Despite being the most popular non-ou format for new players, our high-level competitive player list grows at a much slower rate than any other tier. I think the best thing for us to do right now as a metagame is to promote, invite, and encourage high-level thinking among new players. Monotype will probably always be around if people are playing pokemon, but I know we can eclipse tiers like UU or random battles if we just start making better resources and meet new people.
I will continue developing this metagame, because it is by far the coolest way to play pokemon. However, I am also going to college. I am a math physics, and computer science major. STEM is my true passion in life and I hope to work just as hard on developing science as I have monotype. My next step in pokemon is to try and make it into a trophy tournament, or to win an individual tournament. If you ever want to chat, I will be in the monotype room. Great tour everyone!
TL;DR Monotype is one of the coolest ways to enjoy pokemon, and we should do everything we can as a community to develop it. There are so many more great games to be played
You’re making a loser feel like a winner, keep that same heart bro, you’re the man

Although I originally really didn't wanna do shoutouts due to how the tour ended in such fashion, the 9 weeks made for some dope memories and it would not do justice to how well our season went if I didn't make them. Sucks we weren't able to cap off an otherwise successful season but S/O to these group of guys who consisted of players who really weren't your "mono mainers" and they proved that even with no prior experience they can still find success with motivation during the tour.

Conflux sucks we didn't win it all like we said we said we would on day one, and I know you're quite disappointed in your finals game but it happens dw and don't be so hard on yourself after games. Glad we were able to manage like we said we were gonna do after we played in the last mpl and make it all the way to finals to boot. Was a pleasure co-managing due to us both doing the prepping/scouting/ building together. Not much more to say but u know what it is.

Sabella You were worth every penny for your own dominance in BW, help in other tiers, and overall leadership and involvement with the guys who didn't play monotype prior to this tour. Without you, we probably would not have been in finals. Glad we planned to team up in this tour.

IPF No prior experience and youre already an labeled an SM Monotype connoisseur by many, Glad I told u to signup after u got ladder reqs and I hope you're here to stay and participate in other mono tours in the future. Your success this tour was all you in terms of putting the time in to test with us every week.

Leo Gtcha My Lat-am, brothers, I wanted to buy yall as a pair and I'm glad it worked out. Yall both also took the time in each week to run test games and adapt to the teams we passed you guys.

Fylkir Pudin although this tour wasn't the best for u record-wise it doesn't do you justice for what you did behind the scenes in our cord. You helped IPF and Leo both pull good records due to testing with them every week and familiarizing them with the meta and that really helped us a lot. Also clutch win in semis.

Star thanks for holding down the Bo3 slot for us and performing admirably and sticking with it despite some of the matchups you pulled overall. I hope you continue to participate in future tours in this community.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d 7-2 ORAS king. I'm glad you volunteered to play this mess of a tier and did so by using the most standard teams and most cracked teams depending on the week and pull through. Once Sabella told me mid-draft that you had XY Monotype experience that's when I knew I had to get you. Thanks for your overall positive attitude and willingness to learn the tier and test and I hope you stick around for future mono tours as well.

AM Tesla I know you were pretty much busy the entire tour was inactive due to IRL stuff but it was dope to see an old mono boomer come back in 2021. Good luck in MLT.

AA Honestly wish we could have played you some weeks, Flux and I consider you a member of the team due to your work ethic and passion and I am kicking myself for not drafting you as I was AFK during our last nom. Your SS Building although sometimes may be cracked, it was quite innovative and came in clutch for us at times. Your scouting was also extremely valuable for us in each slot so I thank you deeply, bro. You definitely deserved a spot in this tour and I appreciate you being a part of the Thunders since day 1. Your positive attitude also stood out so not that much adjusting needs to happen there kek.

Thanks to dahli Attribute Chaitanya yedla for helping us out in the playoffs, unfortunate we couldn't grab the chip in the end but I thank you guys deeply.

As for me as yall know I hate losing no matter what the event is in life LOL and a part of me feels like those 9 weeks of hardcore prep amounted to nothing due to not securing the win in the end, but on the other hand, reaching finals is still a great feat and everyone on the team enjoyed this tour otherwise. I will say though, that Conflux and I's motivation probably would not have been this high when it came to the draft plan, prep, and scouting each week if we didn't originally get cut as managers. Off rip, we wanted to show that we were qualified and I feel we definitely proved that. S/O Izaya for the our team name btw.

Lastly, I'd like to echo sort of Decem's post regarding "community things" in last week's thread as I pretty much felt the same things as what he said in his post, however, I'm curious to see how things will evolve from here on out.

Also, fix oras, please.

Last edited:

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
First of all I would like to thank Jolly Togekiss ^-^ and Mateeus for drafting me and letting me play for the team, you both did splendid work to manage, boost and cheer the team up. Thank you very much.
My entire team has been pretty epic with all of them putting in huge amounts of work with preparation and testing every single week and I would also like to point out the substitute players of our team Clarity Leafium Z style.css that really helped a ton with tests, team ideas and suggestions. They all have huge amount of potential and good knowledge and are super friendly. Clarity in particular always cheered me up and supported me, thank you very much, nerd :P

With this MPL reaching its conclusion, it is time that I too give a conclusion to my journey of 5+ years in Pokemon. I have decided to retire / quit, whatever you call it.
With this announcement, I am also stepping down from the positions that I hold, time for someone better to take care of them!
Reasons behind my this decision is that I have started finding Monotype community a bit toxic and certain individuals to enjoy trolling others.
I also find less time on my hand now due to my work + other things though this reason mainly just adds up to the reason above.
It is really disheartening to see how mean and cold this community can feel. From Week 7, I saw spams of same messages which was said by me some 4-5 years ago, I lost the battle vs kythr and I know it, there was no need to throw it more into my face. There are also some other such instances. There was already a pressure to perform and I really tried hard to do well in this MPL. Things unfortunately did not work out for me.
Journey in competitive Pokemon so far has been roller coaster ride, just like it is in real life, some ups and some downs, I have always tried to look past whatever has happened and to move forward however there are some things that just make you lose hope. If I have ever hurt anyone then I apologize for it. I wish Monotype to grow even more and to reach greater heights and I hope the community becomes better, more welcoming and non-toxic.
Our TLs Kev Zap have done a pretty solid job in my opinion so I would like to thank them as well for their hard work and I wish everyone all the best with whatever they choose to do in life! CIAO!

After a great, winning season like this, it's just... extremely hard to really say goodbye to what have been (probably) the most magical eleven weeks out of the seven years I have interacting with this website. While I, yes, have had great experiences previously (MWP, both BLT teams, and various side things), I think the context, unrollment, and ending of this tournament tops it all, despite myself admittedly not being as active as I projected to be due to irl factors and just laziness overall (more on that later). At the start of the entire event, getting a spot to manage a full-fledged team in the biggest Monotype scene of all things was already a victory in my book, and when we made it, we thought that was a great start (especially when factoring what happened some time ago... thankfully the past stays in the past, and it's something you look back and learn from). Then next was getting a powerful team in the draft, and oh boy we did manage to succeed. Each milestone we achieved as a team made me incredibly happy and excited, considering I was, personally, happy to just be in the big stage. Because of that, I think I would be in debt if I didn't shoutout such an amazing group of players, and here goes:

SoulWind our very first draft pick and the undisputed BW goat. After what you did in mono wcop, our eyes were instantly rolled on you to occupy the BW slot and be a reliable beater there, and I must say you met all of our expectations. Surely I didn't help much in the BW slot since I don't really know the metagame, but the work you and JT put there was very solid indeed. Proud to have teamed with you in a big team tour!

Bushtush lax when I was a newer face in the community, I remember looking up to you two as some of the top monotype players because you were in all sorts of places I lurked at. Surely time has passed and you eventually started playing and succeeding in other tiers and bigger pictures, but I am thankful you definitely cared about a MPL of all things again and, well, had an amazing winrate at it and even carrying the team at some weeks. The positive energy you guys transmitted in our team chat was very beneficial, and the games you guys played were something else quality wise that I can say I learned a thing or two by watching them. Hope to see you guys succeeding more and more, and return to Monotype sometimes :D

Harpp bro first off, I'm sorry about slotting you in that SM slot week 7. I should be the only one to blame considering I was the one who made an agreement with Zarif, and I definitely wasn't thinking the outcome would happen. Aside from that, thank you for providing most SM teams (and even some ORAS ones). Your teams were the reason we could have a good SM record overall, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Sad to see you going out of mons, but I wish the best of luck in your future endeavors, you deserve it!

tko not gonna lie, going into the tournament I had some questions about you (because I haven't really paid attention or talked to you before), but you were consistent throughout all season. You were also a very good presence in our chat, even encouraging me up when I screwed my game up week 6, and it shows why you are a SCL manager of all things. Good luck in there, and hope your team has a great run!

SwordStrike THE talisman of our team. Drafting you was sort of a gamble considering the only source we had from your playing were the OU replays you sent to us in the tryouts channel, but it definitely paid off in the end (after all, you defeated the top 2 SS players in the PR as well as the current ribbon holder in finals LOL). The thing we liked the most about you is how calm and smart you were in all of your testing games and tournament matches, and how you adapted pretty quickly to a metagame you weren't familiar with beforehand, which made you perfect as a lure to some of the mono mains. Really hope to see you in more monotype tours, I'm sure you will kick ass around here!

Sificon everything I said about SwordStrike also kind of applies to you as well. You impressed us in the replays you sent out as tryouts, and buying you was really worth it with the two clutch wins you net in weeks where we needed to win. Just like Sword, your adaptability to the meta was incredibly fast, and you didn't seem to feel any pressure in the games you played. Unfortunately we couldn't fit you in the later weeks (we had 9-10 solid players for 8 slots), but your performance deserves to be highlighted here for sure :)

TJ I remember we made a trade deal with the treeckos to get you, and I can say it was worth it overall. Despite a negative record, you had some games where matchup was just the reason why you lost, and even then, your three wins across this season were more than enough to push our team over the edge in some weeks. Just like lax and bush, you also had a good presence in our chat, especially when cheering for us, and I thank you for all of that.

roxiee when we drafted you, we were expecting nothing more than ORAS builder since we didn't have someone who was used to the tier, but you ended up being much more than that at the end. Surely you had a late (and kinda rough) debut, but it all paid off when you paved the way to the final level with that semifinals win. Other than that, your motivation to build innovative stuff really made a difference, especially in the later weeks (also thank you for week 7 LOL). Overall I think I have a different opinion of you post-tournament, and you're definitely someone to look out for!

Clarity style.css Leafium Z the cheerleader/bench/team support squad. While you guys haven't played much throughout the season (Style wasn't even drafted but he was a part of our team at heart), you guys were definitely good test/building helpers throughout all slots overall, fixing minor nitpicks here and there when needed, and that was useful throughout the entire season (especially in finals where Plundy and Style just did a lot in the SS slots via scouting). As for you Leaf, I think that was definitely not your best showing, but mostly because pressure got your way I feel. Next time I know you're going to do as well as you did in BLT or even better, I'm sure of it as a friend :)

Bondie despite not getting the opportunity to play, I would still like to make a separate shoutout to you because you were one of the most active people in our teamchat during the season, and was very helpful as well. Most times when a team was posted, I remember you always gave in some useful input, and sometimes that ended up winning us some games (the Gen 5 game where you suggested Specs Keldeo vs Steel comes into mind on the top of my head, but I'm sure there were more). Thanks for being a gentle, positive, and knowledgeable presence on the team.

trace well unfortunately you only got to play 1 game, but I think you should get a shoutout because you were a part of the team. Hopefully one day I get to know you better, I know that wasn't your day and we had a stacked roster so it was difficult to get into the starting lineup :(

Cell LuckyPiper maroon Anttya ChessRobot general helpers who cheered for us and gave tips and suggestions in some slots, thanks a lot to each of you for the support!

And, of course...

Jolly Togekiss ^-^

1630301700915.png

I still remember this log like it was yesterday. We were just kept out of managing, and I remember seeing this log as if my heart was just shattered into pieces because that was what I wanted to do the most regarding this game.

A year later, I... don't know where to even start. First of all, thanks a lot for staying by my side and accepting my invite to manage a MPL team again, even though we weren't a guaranteed pair at that point. I really wanted to manage a MPL with you because we were involved in various projects together, and I knew you would be a very reliable and respectful person just like in the projects we ran.

I fondly remember that we started to disagree on things as soon as day one when I was leaning towards getting a team full of mono mains while you wanted a team with big tournament names. I think that your opinion there really made the difference as I realized I would have gotten hella upbid on the picks I wanted because it would be predictable to everyone else. And turns out the path we ended up taking was the one that ultimately led us to the title.

As for the tournament proper, I think you were probably the best manager I could have teamed up with. Like, you scouted three gens AND prepared six teams a week without burning out at any point of the tournament - that is quite the insane feat, you know?!. Your dedication and intelligence ensured we had competitive slots all around (despite me thinking some ideas were quite crackhead LMAO), and at the end, it really made the difference for us to win it all.

Coming from a friend, I'm grateful for all you did this tournament. Who knew two bird shitters would manage an MPL AND win it all on their first try? Probably no one tbh. But dude, we just made it. From Togekiss vs Staravia beef to this, I think we should be proud of ourselves :heart:

================================

To the other managers and hosts Ticken and Perish Song, thanks a lot for this tournament. As I said before, winning wouldn't be rewarding if there was no fun or challenges, and I think we could field 8 very competitive teams this year. Sure, I'm very happy to have won the whole thing, but it feels even better to have had a tournament without major off-the-field issues and quality hosting.

As for myself... I feel extremely relieved, as if some sort of weight just lift out of my whole body. Sure, this might be just a pathetic online game (emphasis on pathetic) and I'm still quite mediocre at it, but after years of expecting to get drafted by a team just to end in the shore, and then being gatekept from a managerial spot when all odds were in favor, I think this is as relieving as it could be. To everyone that's reading, especially the newer faces out there, if there's a message I would like to spread, is to never give up, be it mons or real life. You never know what might come next, so it's your duty to give your best shot out there!

Last edited:

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
Congrats on your win this season Braves!

As a friend to both Jolly Togekiss ^-^ and Mateeus, I am impressed by how well you guys adapted to the MPL environment and took it with stride. I genuinely felt sorry last year when we did not choose you guys to manage. With some managing regulars stepping out this year however I knew the play was to give you a chance and I have no regrets. You are both busy people irl so I am thankful you guys put in as much time as you did to really make your mark on the tour.

Thank you to all the managers this season for offering your time and effort into making this tournament competitive. The tour would not have its meaning without you and the players!

I am appreciative to have been able to host another MPL even considering how frustrating the task is at times. I can not and will not say it was ran without flaw but I did the best I could with the cards that were dealt to me. I specifically want to apologize to anyone who was upset with the Bo3 format.. The amount of differences in opinion easily made this the most controversial and stressful period of the tournament for me. While not everyone agreed to it and some were even appalled, I am appreciative that people took it for what it was and made the best out of it.

A personal note to the community..
Please for the love of everything be more open to other's opinions and don't be disrespectful when their view does not side with yours. It's a beautiful thing when someone disagrees because it shows people care and that you can either enlighten or work out a compromise. We're all here to have a fun, competitive time, not to be called an idiot or mocked for because they have an idea that differs from yours. It is a balancing act between objectivity, subjectivity, competitiveness, and fun.

Let's not make fun of others when we can build bridges for the betterment of the community. It's tiring to always be at war with ideas. I have been with the community for almost 9 years at this point. The current community feels as hostile as ever and it's not too late to change that for the better. Whether the issue is about how a slot should be handled, being outspoken about your stance on Mono OMs, or another player's ability, you have the choice to be hurtful and rude or work out a compromise or just don't talk at all. Remember, it's not just you in the community, it is all of us. Please be respectful and the same kindness and respect will not go unnoticed! :heart:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)