Team Monotype Premier League IX - Week Seven

ken

gm
is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
Monotype Leader

Art by Swiffix
  • Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.
>>Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of ken
>>Commencement<<
>>Replays and Usage<<
>>Scheduling<<

vs

Goldenrod Gengars (5) vs (3) Melemele Meloettas
SV: Chaitanya vs kythr
SV: Starfox. vs CrossHeart
SV: Star vs Masskeau
SV: pas_touchao vs Toadow
SS: luisin vs mushamu
SM: DAHLI vs Mateeus
ORAS: Sae vs Trouser Snakes
BW: Wait2Seconds vs Gelbel3c

vs

Littleroot Lotads (3) vs (5) Wayward Wakes
SV: Floss vs Shaneghoul
SV: Amukamara vs Neko
SV: Xiri vs Leafium Z
SV: Kev vs just like hunny
SS: Piyush25 vs ikiarihS
SM: DugZa vs QWILY
ORAS: Feliburn vs TheWyvernKing
BW: North vs Booty

vs

Tohjo Falls Thunders (3) vs (5) Hearthome Honchkrows
SV: Mihowk vs Scarfire
SV: tMoi vs Cell
SV: rs vs Trichotomy
SV: Splash vs Vodoom
SS: AA vs Jojo8868
SM: Zap vs Leo
ORAS: Harpp vs fade
BW: Gondra vs Attribute

vs

Driftveil City Drilburs (5) vs (3) Fuchsia Fairies
SV: maroon vs Bka Onon
SV: crashy vs Azick
SV: XSTATIC COLD vs clean
SV: Dieu Amphibien vs FatFighter2
SS: dex vs silver grace
SM: LuckyPiper vs Ashbala
ORAS: SuperEpicAmpharos vs juleocesar
BW: Monai vs Meta

Goldenrod Gengars (0) vs (0) Melemele Meloettas

Littleroot Lotads (0) vs (0) Wayward Wakes

Tohjo Falls Thunders (0) vs (0) Hearthome Honchkrows
SV: Mihowk vs Scarfire

Driftveil City Drilburs (0) vs (0) Fuchsia Fairies
SV: crashy vs Azick
BW: monai vs Meta

The deadline for this round is Sunday, August 6th at 11:59 PM GMT -4.

SV: Mihowk vs Scarlet Stars

SV: crashy vs Swiffix

Magic Mayhem Maiden

formerly CorruptionInTheGovernment
Here is the Week 7 Forecast into the Playoffs!
8 Points for guaranteed qualification!

Win: Qualified
Tie: Qualified

Loss: Eliminated with three of the following (0/3):
- They lose by 1-7 or worse.
- Thunders win/tie.
- Thunders lose, but ends the season with a higher Differential.
- Honchkrows win, and ends the season with a higher Differential.

- Lotads win.
- Lotads tie, and Meloettas lose by 1-7 or worse.

- Drilburs win, and ends the season with a higher Differential.

Result: Qualified

Tie: Qualified

Loss: Eliminated with three of the following (1/3):
- They lose by 2-6 or worse.
- Meloettas win/tie.
- Meloettas lose, but ends the season with a higher Differential.
- Gengars win, and ends the season with a higher Differential.

- Lotads win.
- Lotads tie, and Thunders lose by 2-6 or worse.

Tie: Eliminated with ALL of the following:

- Gengars does NOT win exactly by 6-2 or 7-1.
- Honchkrows does NOT win exactly by 5-3.
- Drilburs win by 7-1 or better.

Loss: Eliminated with any of the following (3/1):
- Honchkrows win.
- Drilburs win.
- Gengars win.

Result: Eliminated

Win: Eliminated with three of the following (1/3):
- Meloettas win/tie.

- Lotads win.

Tie: Eliminated with any of the following:
- Lotads win/tie.
- Drilburs win.
- Gengars win.

Loss: Eliminated

Win: Eliminated with three of the following (3/3):
- Meloettas win/tie.

- Thunders win/tie.

- Lotads win.
- Lotads tie,
and Drilburs win only by 5-3.

- Lotads win/tie.
- Lotads lose only by 3-5.
- Honchkrows win/tie.

- Gengars win.

Win: Eliminated with three of the following (4/3):
- Gengars win only by 6-2 or worse.
- Thunders win/tie.

- Lotads win.
- Lotads tie, and Gengars win only by 6-2 or worse.

- Lotads win/tie.
- Lotads lose only by 2-6 or better.
- Honchkrows win/tie.

- Drilburs win/tie.

Wayward Wakes
Fish Spin.gif

Fuchsia Fairies
639484562707054592.png

Last edited:

Cell

Birth By Sleep
MPL Champion
13/24 last week

Goldenrod Gengars (3) vs (5) Melemele Meloettas
ORAS: Sae vs Trouser Snakes - Sae's game last week looked super rough. I can't blame him for losing steel vs sub zard-y + lando-t. I think the only thing he really coulda done diff was not go tran on mence. The opponent is trouser snakes, who is coming hot off an important win vs splashy chan. I really think he would've lost if splash chose to set rocks with rachi at any point. He had no way to keep them off for volc+gyara, which would've resulted in all of celebi's answers getting worn down much much faster. Gonna bold sae for having more overall results in this gen.

SV: Kev vs just like hunny - 2 wins in 3 mpls... looking pretty dire
ORAS: Feliburn vs TheWyvernKing - Last week Feliburn risked his only physical wallbreaker turn 1 against a cm clef team when he shoulda just tbolted. Also got bailed in super unfavorable odds against the clef at the end but that's mons. On the other side we have wyvern who went 6-1 last year and has been getting amazing matchups for the 6-0 dj breloominati. Heavily favor wyvern unless he chooses to bring some tesla electric level nonsense, which he could honestly still win with.

Driftveil City Drilburs (3) vs (5) Fuchsia Fairies
ORAS: SuperEpicAmpharos vs juleocesar - Yeah, no clue what's happening here or what to make of either of these dudes games from last week. I just hope to see juleo go 3-0 in this slot.

Last edited:
Goldenrod Gengars (4) vs (4) Melemele Meloettas
SV: Chaitanya vs kythr: Chait broke a losing streak last week, he played a good game although that lando sac was a bit meh. I don't know what was his set but it probably could have done a lot in that MU, that's what you get when you overestimate Azick i guess ? kythr on the other side had a very solid tournament, I just have a feeling Chaitanya will win that game fsr. 55-45.
SV: Starfox. vs CrossHeart: Starfox is just having a better tour than CrossHeart, I don't think CrossHeart played bad but it hasn't been working in SV so far. The games Starfox lost seemed to be rly hard so that's a good sign. 65-35.
SV: Star vs Masskeau: Despite his record I still expect Star to do well, his only game in SV was bs so it isn't telling that much. Masskeau has been playing fine so far and as I know him he must be involved to get a win. I'm still bolding Star because it's him. 60-40.
SV: pas_touchao vs Toadow: Cool to see that battle. If I remember well Toadow has been managing pas_touchao in the past so my goat probably has something to prove here. I'll be rooting for pas_touchao but have to give the edge to Toabook who is more experienced. 45-55.
SS: luisin vs mushamu: Ngl even though his record is impressive I don't think I automatically bolding mush. I felt like he played good games like it is expected from him but even when he could/should have lost... there was just always the little thing that made him always winning. It will probably be a battle in the builder for gengars to try to catch a win here. luisin has been performing very well though, what I was personally expecting from him in a pool that was average but he clearly didn't fail. That'll be an other step this time, I still see mushamu clearly favored. 35-65
SM: DAHLI vs Mateeus: I'm for sure biased here but yes. 49-51
ORAS: Sae vs Trouser Snakes: I just think Sae is stronger even though I might just hate Trouser Snakes now because I woke up this morning seeing he tore our early ticket for playoffs... 60-40
BW: Wait2Seconds vs Gelbel3c: Another french battle between solid builders and players. I'm not familiar with BW so i don't wanna make random comments on games I don't fully understand, it just seems that Gelb's calls have been working better so far. Also these guys always tie anyway. 45/55

Littleroot Lotads (4) vs (4) Wayward Wakes
SV: Floss vs Shaneghoul: I don't remember Shane's games very well, what probably means there was nothing too special ? Floss is having a good tour, I think he lost one to a discharge para and the other one was a bad mu, he is the safe pick 60-40
SV: Amukamara vs Neko: Yo Neko is finally freed. That may be an other biased prediction but I think they'll be very motivated to get a win for their first MPL showing. 45-55
SV: Xiri vs Leafium Z: To be honest before that tour I would never have bolded Leaf against Xiri but that's 0-3 vs 4-1. Leaf's only defeat was a shit mu, so even though he had some luck in some of the wins I see him favored. 45-55
SV: Kev vs just like hunny: The winner of that game will end the regular season with a mediocre record and the other with a blank one, so in some way the stakes are high. Kev also needs to bring a win for Lotads qualification so I'm with him. 55-45
SS: Piyush25 vs ikiarihS: Piyush's game aren't telling me that much even though they are on a streak. Shiraiki is a solid pick even though I hope Piyush will try to harder than clown amphibien last week. 40-60
SM: DugZa vs QWILY: I'm bolding DugZa because Wakes are in POs so there should be far more prep in his side. I would have considered it as a 50-50 otherwise. 45-55
ORAS: Feliburn vs TheWyvernKing: Great to see Wyv in ORAS. I'm sure he'll be cooking something cool! I can't rly judge Feliburn only on their 3-0 record because the games were't always that, I'm bolding Wyv without a lot of doubts. 30-70
BW: North vs Booty: Once again I'm not sure here so I'll just go with North because Booty seemed bored in his previous games, even though he seemed to have found the way with elec. 55/45

Driftveil City Drilburs (6) vs (2) Fuchsia Fairies
SV: maroon vs Bka Onon: maroon won't be as generous as pas_touchao. 60/40
SV: crashy vs Swiffix: This isn't crashy's best tournament for sure, but Swiffix also didn't get the opportunity to show much. I just think crashy is stronger overall and will have more motivation since they still have a (tight) chance to make playoffs. 60/40
SV: XSTATIC COLD vs clean: XSTATIC COLD is like Vodoom but good at the game. 65/35
SV: Dieu Amphibien vs FatFighter2: Come on this the second MPL in a row without FROL1 gaming... Imagine keeping the goat on the bench while the clown who uses his teams throws week after week. I still think Dieu is good when he isn't sick / it isn't his builder's fault / it's not 4am / it isn't his opponent who did a weird play's fault. 55-45
SS: dex vs silver grace: Dex is more solid I think. 60-40
SM: LuckyPiper vs Ashbala: Different profiles but same as above. 60-40
ORAS: SuperEpicAmpharos vs juleocesar: juleo is 2-0 in ORAS but idk, one game ended in a 50 50 and the other one was sub zard y vs steel. I think he has the main character energy though. 45-55.
BW: monai vs Meta: I'm just more familiar with Meta 45-55

Last edited:

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion

Littleroot Lotads (0) vs (0) Wayward Wakes

SV: Mihowk vs Scarlet Stars

Attribute

HYPNOS | pulp
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Monotype Cup Winner
the people have requested (literally like 4 people but whatever), and i am delivering. man of the people truly, not like stupid ass mushamu copying my style bruh. i think i went like 13/24 last week. was there an act win given in that? possibly. are we still gonna count it? hell yeah im down terrible. this is the last regular season week so i am hopefully not lazy with writeups. hopefully we get some good games too cause hot damn last week was a disaster LOL. now for the main part... lets! get! predicting!!!! also ps: Jojo8868 STILL has no thumbs

SV: Chaitanya vs kythr - you see i saw this matchup and was pretty excited. i insta bolded kythr, cause if you guys don't know, this man knocked chait down to losers in the ssnl earlier this year then proceeded to knock him out in oras cup. you must think, 3rd times the charm right? surely chait won't lose to the same person 3 times in a row, this time in a multigen bo5. well, kythr beat him in cup poffs and here we are today. after some thought though, i decided to bold chait, cause who the fuck loses to someone 4 times in a row. it just doesn't happen. if kythr manages to pull it off then damn bro good job ill take the wow cause i know you went vicious after 9 dudes predicted against u in cup lmao. hl sv of the week for sure
SV: Starfox. vs CrossHeart - ive been pretty hard on starfox all tour but i promise its nothing personal, think of it more like tough love. he had a pretty straightforward match up last week and played it well. there were no signs of impatience, throwing.. you know... the usual things id probably call out. pretty clean game all around. i did not pay attention to crosshearts game last week but all i remember was a dragonite that used thunder so you already know these mfs don't care whatsoever. im most definitely not gonna bother to try and understand what the hell happened this game and if tmoi just so happened to outplay all of moltres/mixed dnite/landoi but for now im just gonna assume he did. is the match up that straight forward for crossheart? who knows... that ain't my job. i feel like with the latter 2 you had to have messed up somewhere, the moltres, from my understanding, didn't have uturn either which is also pretty heinous. anyway i just be talking im bolding starfox
SV: Star vs Masskeau - the oras malarkey is carrying into sv for star. do i care? not really, its still star. i am never awake for these masskeau games (or im playing brawl stars with a thumbless jojo so i don't get the chance to watch), so i have no idea how they're performing if im being completely honest. in fact, the only game i remmeber is the poison fairy game vs feli. as said earlier though, its star. 1-5 is largely irrelevant most of the time, context always matters
SV: pas_touchao vs Toadow - toadow reinvented ss kyurem with a high frz rate articuno. i did not watch the game i just saw screenshots so im not gonna count that game towards anything. i actually watched the pas game live, and he was doing pretty well from what i remember. then in the very end, he switched out the sneasler vs the turtle as it iron defensed and he lost the game. the turtle was apparently covert cloak which is pretty heat. that's irrelevant here but i just wanted to point that out. not gonna pretend i put much thought into the game but there is no stratosphere switching out the sneasler made sense at the time so im just gonna trust my thoughts. other than that, pas has been fine this tour, definitely an improvement from wcop. toadow... who knows man he was in oras LOL can i really judge that shit? im just gonna bold toadow cause he won last week
SS: luisin vs mushamu - 2 thieves. luisin steals teams (idk if he does im just saying this for the writeup) and mushamu steals my writeup swag... pretty dishonest shit if im being raw. i really have nothing to write here, mushamu is looking at a pretty dominant tour however he was 6-0 last year and lost w7 so maybe some upset can occur. to give luisin credit though, he's been pretty much shitting on the pool. he's carrying his team (they're in 7th but regardless) and hasn't done anything noticably sus from my memory. cool game
SM: DAHLI vs Mateeus - dahli got unlucky for the second week in a row, which in turn resulted in a no gg for the second week in a row. he isn't even really playing bad, in fact he's playing pretty damn well and you kinda just have to bold a dahli that is playing pretty damn well. mateeus got kinda sauced last week vs zap, but has put up a respectable tour nonetheless
ORAS: Sae vs Trouser Snakes - sae got steel vs sub zardy, the oras agenda. i didn't really like his team, im a big balloon tran hater as some of you may know. he did bring back the bronzong in 2023 though, which was cool to see cause i have not read the word "psywave" since wanka was our tier leader. that shit had heatproof though LOL i respect it but that is some immense cooking. i did not watch the coo game last week but i opened the replay and ive never seen those 6 before so it is nice to see something new in this meme gen. i am gut bolding coo, they are at least probably having fun building this gen while sae is likely scratching his head wondering how he's supposed to beat all of flying/psy/water all with one team. some fun stuff indeed
BW: Wait2Seconds vs Gelbel3c - the cursed2seconds shit continues. i don't even think they're playing bad honestly these are just pretty shit pulls. not like the teams they're bringing are horrible either. as i said last week, its probably gonna continue which is a shame cause i actually like watching his games. gelbel put an end to the gondra farming show last week, and is probably gonna continue to extend w2s' streak of shit mu's. bw is still heat tho i promise

SV: Floss vs Shaneghoul - this is probably one of the better floss team tours in recent memory. why is this the case? the answer is simple: the only pokemon that learn softboiled this gen are blissey and chansey, and you know damn well floss isn't using sorry ass normal. sorry bud i had to. but ye floss has looked good. shane is 2-2 as opposed to 2-1 cause his managers threw him under the bus (not really but for the sake of plot)... yeah idk what to add. an in-form floss is hard to beat. i think shane been good tho! yeah!! go wakes!!
SV: Amukamara vs Neko - liam is mans but im ngl he been putting up some questionable shit recently... his heatran was caught lacking a few weeks ago and i think some luck could have been avoided in the end this past week. going for worse odds in a favorable endgame is pretty irrelevant though so that's passable. idk. maybe im salty my team lost LOL. anyways... he's still fire. neko is getting her first game in, and you already know im not gonna bold someone in their first game. consider this writeup fluff
SV: Xiri vs Leafium Z - xiri went 0-3 into bench. they're back now... hold up where's blunder. ANYWAYS... surely they don't lose 4 in a row... right? right?? XD... (cope). for real though i really don't think they should have gotten benched, surely some of those losses weren't that criminal. but yes i really don't think they're losing 4 in row. leafium got a lil lucky last week, not much to go off of there but they've looked fine this tour. i heard there was some madeup shit going on re: sleep powder miss in tours discussion though... either way! i think xiri will manage to get the win
SV: Kev vs just like hunny - similar to xiri, kev lost a couple games into benched. kev probably got roped into playing by his managers, and i have doubts that he wants to play this game at all. wants to get carried to the hof for sure. hunny, who's playing his first mpl, has dealt with a similar experience as his opponent: 0-2 into bench. i really don't think these games were that winnable, so i don't really understand why he got benched after just those two weeks alone so im glad to see they're getting a game in. if hunny tries hard enough i think they'll pull through here. ive talked with hunny a lot and i think they're capable of catching what kev is gonna try and do in the game, though there are still concerns about hunny tunnel visioning into his downfall, which i think ive seen a couple of times. there's also lots of pressure on kev to perform this week, while hunny's team qualified already and just plays for the vibes lmao. looking forward to this game
SS: Piyush25 vs ikiarihS - i did not get to catch the ikiarihs game live but i actually was excited about that game so i went ahead and opened up the replay. they got fairy/dark vs dieu, which was looking pretty good for him. all of a sudden, it seemed like he was gonna lose if dieu clicked iron head > sucker punch. im not sure if the game should have came down to that, i feel like the game could have been played around to where the enamorus was healthy enough to take meowscarada ftrick. regardless im still high on him, 0-2 into 4-2 is good looks. there's really not much to go off of piyush games but i think ikiarihs has been more impressive
SM: DugZa vs QWILY - hl of the week for sm. both guys r real good, dugza actually likes this bogus ass gen and finally decided to play it last week. his teams are unique which is what this stale shit needs, and they're well-thought out imo. on the other hand, qwily does not build at all, and likely just gets passed bogus teams by sabella on a weekly basis. with that being said, they're still hella good. im going to go with qwily cause i think its really hard to beat people whose teams are either qualified for poffs already or out the tour. mental warfare at its finest
ORAS: Feliburn vs TheWyvernKing - feli is 3-0, though there were some questionable shit going on in all 3 games so i can't look at the record only. wyvern is probably behind the 6-0 spitfire getting bogus hp fire kyub drag + other demons vs steel so you kind of have to imagine that is gonna continue. his oras record is also a lot better than his sv one + not like oras changed from last year anyway (still shit).
BW: North vs Booty - because i was north's opponent last week i really couldn't tell you if he played well; i genuinely have no clue. so, going based off of previous weeks, he's looked fine. there were some moments where he looked great and there were others where he was kind of just getting sauced, or saucing himself. he faces booty, whose 2 wins are with bogus ass electric... who would have thought. this is basically as boomer as its gonna get in this pool, and i feel like booty is just gonna pull through here. i think his record into the mainers (jyph/north/dm) is pretty damn solid, have to think its gonna continue here

Driftveil City Drilburs (4) vs (4) Fuchsia Fairies
SV: maroon vs Bka Onon - maroon owned last week with a scarf rock slide sneasler i didn't even know they run that nowadays. maybe its cause his opp was a bug main... maybe he does prep. the onion made his debut last week, brought the sauce in covert cloak turtle and it worked out tons cause it prevented dire claw from doing dire claw things. im going to go with maroon, i still need to see more from onon before bolding him, especially when maroon has been playing these tours for 7 years
SV: crashy vs Swiffix - crashy got a bit unlucky last week in what should have been a win. there is some controversy cause its hustle, he hit the sleep powder etc etc but surely he's wide lens right so its not even that bad odds for him. ive hardly watched any swiffix games so i really can't say how they're performing. just cause of that im just gonna bold crashy cause... yknow... safe... i have like a 40% correct predictions rate or something let me cook
SV: XSTATIC COLD vs clean - i am not counting an act win so static is 4-1. since there was no game, i pretty much feel the same way about them as i did last week. after 6 games of monotype, id like to think clean somewhat knows what's going on in this tier. yes, he switched gens like 9 times but hey experience is experience. their games got less questionable as the tour progressed so that's always a good sign. they're solid in other tiers as well, surely they can be solid here. as always, context on records matter
SV: Dieu Amphibien vs FatFighter2 - its really hard to bold dieu, he's kinda been getting sauced all tour. fatfighter got on the board last week, pulled ice vs flying in some typical fatfighter fashion and came off with a win. i do think the bax should have at least been set up vs corv when snow was up as opposed to no snow, and i feel like there were some other eh turns im forgetting. nonetheless, fatfighter has looked a lot better this tour, i don't think that can be disputed, nor do i think that's gonna change here
SS: dex vs silver grace - i don't know what to make of the silver grace game last week cause i have no idea what his sets were, but i will say thundurus is pretty brazy. did they play well? who knows, im not watching that bogus ass game. isn't this the 2nd time they got stalled in team tour this year btw LOL you people are scummy. idk how to feel about the dex game last week, i think that could have gone better idk. this is probably an upset but gut says silver
SM: LuckyPiper vs Ashbala - the piper game went unlinked last week. @managers turn urself into the nearest police station immediately. i have no idea what happened that game, i heard he switched smth out for no reason or smth along those lines. who knows. im not watching that. ashbala got a lil lucky vs dahli in order to keep their title of "peachy slayer", which is probably only said by the fallen izaya but nonetheless. i really don't know what to make of this match up, i kind of just trust piper more in game. with that being said i finally processed this dude is actually in the tour. who would have thought
ORAS: SuperEpicAmpharos vs juleocesar - sea kinda trolled a bit last week, the zapdos really shouldn't have switched out and i feel like there was too much emphasis on the webs. why were there webs in the first place idek. juleo brought a sigilyph last week which is cool but it didn't get to do anything cause he had a sub zardy vs steel. not much i can work with here. also.. haha.. oras... yeah... GUT TIME!
BW: monai vs Meta - last week, monai brought dishonest ghost and ran into dishonest electric so im gonna pretend that did not happen. 3-2 in my eyes TBH. meta went from 0-3 to 3-3, and i totally believe they're capable of completing the 4-3 dream. what a season it has been for him. i like his teams more even if his team selection gets predictable sometimes, i think he can get away with it here. crashy prep is always some unpredictable shit, so who knows what's gonna happen. definitely an interesting game here.

and that is the last predictions of the regular season! i am probably gonna continue this in poffs as well, i am glad u guys enjoy them. lastly, go krows!

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
the people have requested (literally like 4 people but whatever), and i am delivering. man of the people truly, not like stupid ass mushamu copying my style bruh. i think i went like 13/24 last week. was there an act win given in that? possibly. are we still gonna count it? hell yeah im down terrible. this is the last regular season week so i am hopefully not lazy with writeups. hopefully we get some good games too cause hot damn last week was a disaster LOL. now for the main part... lets! get! predicting!!!! also ps: Jojo8868 STILL has no thumbs

SV: Chaitanya vs kythr - you see i saw this matchup and was pretty excited. i insta bolded kythr, cause if you guys don't know, this man knocked chait down to losers in the ssnl earlier this year then proceeded to knock him out in oras cup. you must think, 3rd times the charm right? surely chait won't lose to the same person 3 times in a row, this time in a multigen bo5. well, kythr beat him in cup poffs and here we are today. after some thought though, i decided to bold chait, cause who the fuck loses to someone 4 times in a row. it just doesn't happen. if kythr manages to pull it off then damn bro good job ill take the wow cause i know you went vicious after 9 dudes predicted against u in cup lmao. hl sv of the week for sure
SV: Starfox. vs CrossHeart - ive been pretty hard on starfox all tour but i promise its nothing personal, think of it more like tough love. he had a pretty straightforward match up last week and played it well. there were no signs of impatience, throwing.. you know... the usual things id probably call out. pretty clean game all around. i did not pay attention to crosshearts game last week but all i remember was a dragonite that used thunder so you already know these mfs don't care whatsoever. im most definitely not gonna bother to try and understand what the hell happened this game and if tmoi just so happened to outplay all of moltres/mixed dnite/landoi but for now im just gonna assume he did. is the match up that straight forward for crossheart? who knows... that ain't my job. i feel like with the latter 2 you had to have messed up somewhere, the moltres, from my understanding, didn't have uturn either which is also pretty heinous. anyway i just be talking im bolding starfox
SV: Star vs Masskeau - the oras malarkey is carrying into sv for star. do i care? not really, its still star. i am never awake for these masskeau games (or im playing brawl stars with a thumbless jojo so i don't get the chance to watch), so i have no idea how they're performing if im being completely honest. in fact, the only game i remmeber is the poison fairy game vs feli. as said earlier though, its star. 1-5 is largely irrelevant most of the time, context always matters
SV: pas_touchao vs Toadow - toadow reinvented ss kyurem with a high frz rate articuno. i did not watch the game i just saw screenshots so im not gonna count that game towards anything. i actually watched the pas game live, and he was doing pretty well from what i remember. then in the very end, he switched out the sneasler vs the turtle as it iron defensed and he lost the game. the turtle was apparently covert cloak which is pretty heat. that's irrelevant here but i just wanted to point that out. not gonna pretend i put much thought into the game but there is no stratosphere switching out the sneasler made sense at the time so im just gonna trust my thoughts. other than that, pas has been fine this tour, definitely an improvement from wcop. toadow... who knows man he was in oras LOL can i really judge that shit? im just gonna bold toadow cause he won last week
SS: luisin vs mushamu - 2 thieves. luisin steals teams (idk if he does im just saying this for the writeup) and mushamu steals my writeup swag... pretty dishonest shit if im being raw. i really have nothing to write here, mushamu is looking at a pretty dominant tour however he was 6-0 last year and lost w7 so maybe some upset can occur. to give luisin credit though, he's been pretty much shitting on the pool. he's carrying his team (they're in 7th but regardless) and hasn't done anything noticably sus from my memory. cool game
SM: DAHLI vs Mateeus - dahli got unlucky for the second week in a row, which in turn resulted in a no gg for the second week in a row. he isn't even really playing bad, in fact he's playing pretty damn well and you kinda just have to bold a dahli that is playing pretty damn well. mateeus got kinda sauced last week vs zap, but has put up a respectable tour nonetheless
ORAS: Sae vs Trouser Snakes - sae got steel vs sub zardy, the oras agenda. i didn't really like his team, im a big balloon tran hater as some of you may know. he did bring back the bronzong in 2023 though, which was cool to see cause i have not read the word "psywave" since wanka was our tier leader. that shit had heatproof though LOL i respect it but that is some immense cooking. i did not watch the coo game last week but i opened the replay and ive never seen those 6 before so it is nice to see something new in this meme gen. i am gut bolding coo, they are at least probably having fun building this gen while sae is likely scratching his head wondering how he's supposed to beat all of flying/psy/water all with one team. some fun stuff indeed
BW: Wait2Seconds vs Gelbel3c - the cursed2seconds shit continues. i don't even think they're playing bad honestly these are just pretty shit pulls. not like the teams they're bringing are horrible either. as i said last week, its probably gonna continue which is a shame cause i actually like watching his games. gelbel put an end to the gondra farming show last week, and is probably gonna continue to extend w2s' streak of shit mu's. bw is still heat tho i promise

SV: Floss vs Shaneghoul - this is probably one of the better floss team tours in recent memory. why is this the case? the answer is simple: the only pokemon that learn softboiled this gen are blissey and chansey, and you know damn well floss isn't using sorry ass normal. sorry bud i had to. but ye floss has looked good. shane is 2-2 as opposed to 2-1 cause his managers threw him under the bus (not really but for the sake of plot)... yeah idk what to add. an in-form floss is hard to beat. i think shane been good tho! yeah!! go wakes!!
SV: Amukamara vs Neko - liam is mans but im ngl he been putting up some questionable shit recently... his heatran was caught lacking a few weeks ago and i think some luck could have been avoided in the end this past week. going for worse odds in a favorable endgame is pretty irrelevant though so that's passable. idk. maybe im salty my team lost LOL. anyways... he's still fire. neko is getting her first game in, and you already know im not gonna bold someone in their first game. consider this writeup fluff
SV: Xiri vs Leafium Z - xiri went 0-3 into bench. they're back now... hold up where's blunder. ANYWAYS... surely they don't lose 4 in a row... right? right?? XD... (cope). for real though i really don't think they should have gotten benched, surely some of those losses weren't that criminal. but yes i really don't think they're losing 4 in row. leafium got a lil lucky last week, not much to go off of there but they've looked fine this tour. i heard there was some madeup shit going on re: sleep powder miss in tours discussion though... either way! i think xiri will manage to get the win
SV: Kev vs just like hunny - similar to xiri, kev lost a couple games into benched. kev probably got roped into playing by his managers, and i have doubts that he wants to play this game at all. wants to get carried to the hof for sure. hunny, who's playing his first mpl, has dealt with a similar experience as his opponent: 0-2 into bench. i really don't think these games were that winnable, so i don't really understand why he got benched after just those two weeks alone so im glad to see they're getting a game in. if hunny tries hard enough i think they'll pull through here. ive talked with hunny a lot and i think they're capable of catching what kev is gonna try and do in the game, though there are still concerns about hunny tunnel visioning into his downfall, which i think ive seen a couple of times. there's also lots of pressure on kev to perform this week, while hunny's team qualified already and just plays for the vibes lmao. looking forward to this game
SS: Piyush25 vs ikiarihS - i did not get to catch the ikiarihs game live but i actually was excited about that game so i went ahead and opened up the replay. they got fairy/dark vs dieu, which was looking pretty good for him. all of a sudden, it seemed like he was gonna lose if dieu clicked iron head > sucker punch. im not sure if the game should have came down to that, i feel like the game could have been played around to where the enamorus was healthy enough to take meowscarada ftrick. regardless im still high on him, 0-2 into 4-2 is good looks. there's really not much to go off of piyush games but i think ikiarihs has been more impressive
SM: DugZa vs QWILY - hl of the week for sm. both guys r real good, dugza actually likes this bogus ass gen and finally decided to play it last week. his teams are unique which is what this stale shit needs, and they're well-thought out imo. on the other hand, qwily does not build at all, and likely just gets passed bogus teams by sabella on a weekly basis. with that being said, they're still hella good. im going to go with qwily cause i think its really hard to beat people whose teams are either qualified for poffs already or out the tour. mental warfare at its finest
ORAS: Feliburn vs TheWyvernKing - feli is 3-0, though there were some questionable shit going on in all 3 games so i can't look at the record only. wyvern is probably behind the 6-0 spitfire getting bogus hp fire kyub drag + other demons vs steel so you kind of have to imagine that is gonna continue. his oras record is also a lot better than his sv one + not like oras changed from last year anyway (still shit).
BW: North vs Booty - because i was north's opponent last week i really couldn't tell you if he played well; i genuinely have no clue. so, going based off of previous weeks, he's looked fine. there were some moments where he looked great and there were others where he was kind of just getting sauced, or saucing himself. he faces booty, whose 2 wins are with bogus ass electric... who would have thought. this is basically as boomer as its gonna get in this pool, and i feel like booty is just gonna pull through here. i think his record into the mainers (jyph/north/dm) is pretty damn solid, have to think its gonna continue here

Driftveil City Drilburs (4) vs (4) Fuchsia Fairies
SV: maroon vs Bka Onon - maroon owned last week with a scarf rock slide sneasler i didn't even know they run that nowadays. maybe its cause his opp was a bug main... maybe he does prep. the onion made his debut last week, brought the sauce in covert cloak turtle and it worked out tons cause it prevented dire claw from doing dire claw things. im going to go with maroon, i still need to see more from onon before bolding him, especially when maroon has been playing these tours for 7 years
SV: crashy vs Swiffix - crashy got a bit unlucky last week in what should have been a win. there is some controversy cause its hustle, he hit the sleep powder etc etc but surely he's wide lens right so its not even that bad odds for him. ive hardly watched any swiffix games so i really can't say how they're performing. just cause of that im just gonna bold crashy cause... yknow... safe... i have like a 40% correct predictions rate or something let me cook
SV: XSTATIC COLD vs clean - i am not counting an act win so static is 4-1. since there was no game, i pretty much feel the same way about them as i did last week. after 6 games of monotype, id like to think clean somewhat knows what's going on in this tier. yes, he switched gens like 9 times but hey experience is experience. their games got less questionable as the tour progressed so that's always a good sign. they're solid in other tiers as well, surely they can be solid here. as always, context on records matter
SV: Dieu Amphibien vs FatFighter2 - its really hard to bold dieu, he's kinda been getting sauced all tour. fatfighter got on the board last week, pulled ice vs flying in some typical fatfighter fashion and came off with a win. i do think the bax should have at least been set up vs corv when snow was up as opposed to no snow, and i feel like there were some other eh turns im forgetting. nonetheless, fatfighter has looked a lot better this tour, i don't think that can be disputed, nor do i think that's gonna change here
SS: dex vs silver grace - i don't know what to make of the silver grace game last week cause i have no idea what his sets were, but i will say thundurus is pretty brazy. did they play well? who knows, im not watching that bogus ass game. isn't this the 2nd time they got stalled in team tour this year btw LOL you people are scummy. idk how to feel about the dex game last week, i think that could have gone better idk. this is probably an upset but gut says silver
SM: LuckyPiper vs Ashbala - the piper game went unlinked last week. @managers turn urself into the nearest police station immediately. i have no idea what happened that game, i heard he switched smth out for no reason or smth along those lines. who knows. im not watching that. ashbala got a lil lucky vs dahli in order to keep their title of "peachy slayer", which is probably only said by the fallen izaya but nonetheless. i really don't know what to make of this match up, i kind of just trust piper more in game. with that being said i finally processed this dude is actually in the tour. who would have thought
ORAS: SuperEpicAmpharos vs juleocesar - sea kinda trolled a bit last week, the zapdos really shouldn't have switched out and i feel like there was too much emphasis on the webs. why were there webs in the first place idek. juleo brought a sigilyph last week which is cool but it didn't get to do anything cause he had a sub zardy vs steel. not much i can work with here. also.. haha.. oras... yeah... GUT TIME!
BW: monai vs Meta - last week, monai brought dishonest ghost and ran into dishonest electric so im gonna pretend that did not happen. 3-2 in my eyes TBH. meta went from 0-3 to 3-3, and i totally believe they're capable of completing the 4-3 dream. what a season it has been for him. i like his teams more even if his team selection gets predictable sometimes, i think he can get away with it here. crashy prep is always some unpredictable shit, so who knows what's gonna happen. definitely an interesting game here.

and that is the last predictions of the regular season! i am probably gonna continue this in poffs as well, i am glad u guys enjoy them. lastly, go krows!
I love you :D

Jojo8868

MPL Champion
also ps: Jojo8868 STILL has no thumbs
i am a million times better than this clown LOL.
receipts: (i am Jojo8868, attribute is HungryHippoHD)

Screen Shot 2023-08-01 at 12.36.13 AM.png

i had 11 kills and once died once, he had a pathetic 8 kills with 4 (FOUR!!!) whole deaths. embarrassing.

Screen Shot 2023-08-01 at 12.36.22 AM.png

14 kills goddamn i am nasty; 4 more than he had and i died less. (Floss you are trash bro wtf)

stop the disrespect. i am the best brawl stars player on ps.

go krows!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)