Monotype Monthly Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
approved by Antemortem and Scotteh

Welcome to the Monotype Monthly Championships!

This tournament series takes place in the Monotype room on Pokemon Showdown and the winner is crowned the Monotype Champion of the month. It also comes with a nice room voice prize (+ rank) during your reign as champion!
Starting in March, the MMC will no longer have room voice as a prize. :/

Frequency of Tournaments/Who is Eligible to Participate
This series involves any player from anywhere to participate in official tournaments, which are hosted 3-4 times each day in the Monotype room. They typically occur around 2am, 8am, 2pm, and 8pm EST (GMT -5).
Tournament Format
Each month of the year is split into 4 qualifying periods of ~8 days*. The winner and runner ups of official tours are awarded points, which tally up for an entire qualifying period. At the end of the qualifying period, the people with the 2 highest point totals are entered in an 8-man, best of three tour that will occur at the end of the month.

*Each month is broken into 4 sections, so sometimes a qualifying period will run for 7 days.

Details
  • In the event of a tie for the top 2 spots during a qualifying cycle the user with the most 1st place finishes will win. If that doesn't break the tie, then the user with the most 2nd place finishes will win. In the event that still doesn't break the tie, then I'll just pick the winner(s) randomly.
  • Once you're in the Bo3 tournament at the end of the month, you're not eligible to win another qualifying period in the same month. You can still play in the tours and earn points for fun, but you will be skipped when the winner and runner up are decided.
  • Each player is limited to scoring in two tours a day (i.e. maximum of 6 points/day). If you place in more than 2 tours, only your best 2 will be counted. This rule is in place help identify users that excel in tours, not those that just play more tours than anyone else.
  • The pairings for the Bo3 Tour will be random.
Point System
1st place - 3 points
2nd place - 2 points
3rd place (i.e both semi-finalists that lose) - 1 point each

This thread is meant to help manage the Bo3 tours at the end of each month and serve as an archive of past winners.

To view the live standings, check out the scoring spreadsheet.

To view the individual tour results, check out the current tour log.

Last edited:

scpinion

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Qualifying Periods

Mar. 1st - 8th
Mar. 9th - 16th
Mar. 17th - 23rd
Mar. 24th - 31st
Apr. 1st - 8th
Apr. 9th - 16th
Apr. 17th - 22nd
Apr. 23rd - 30th
May. 1st - 8th
May. 9th - 16th
May. 17th - 23rd
May. 24th - 31st
Jun. 1st - 8th
Jun. 9th - 16th
Jun. 17th - 22nd
Jun. 23rd - 30th
Jul. 1st - 8th
Jul. 9th - 16th
Jul. 17th - 23rd
Jul. 24th - 31st
Aug. 1st - 8th
Aug. 9th - 16th
Aug. 17th - 23rd
Aug. 24th - 31st
Sep. 1st - 8th
Sep. 9th - 16th
Sep. 17th - 22nd
Sep. 23rd - 30th
Oct. 1st - 8th
Oct. 9th - 16th
Oct. 17th - 23rd
Oct. 24th - 31st
Nov. 1st - 8th
Nov. 9th - 16th
Nov. 17th - 22nd
Nov. 23rd - 30th
Dec. 1st - 8th
Dec. 9th - 16th
Dec. 17th - 23rd
Dec. 24th - 31st
January
Jan. 1st - 8th: all falls down + Lax
Jan. 9th - 16th IvoPost + Lord B33
Jan. 17th - 23rd MastaChef + {MegCham / 12C4 }
Jan. 24th - 31st Chras + Paleo (note: there was a 4-way tie for 2nd place, so I took a random pick from the ppl that tied)

February
Feb. 1st - 7th: Prosaic + average fella
Feb. 8th - 14th: 12C4 + Alliance - Rabz
Feb. 15th - 21st: Balto + Azelea
Feb. 22nd - 28th: czim + Confluxx

Last edited:

scpinion

Hall of Fame
February 2016: Azelea
January 2016: Chras

Last edited:

scpinion

congratulations to All Falls Down and Laxuy for winning the first qualifying period in January!

congratulations to IvoPost and terrors (lord b33) for winning the second qualifying period in January!

Last edited:
So I've been looking for MastaChef since this was posted and I haven't seen him online even once. Since he doesn't have a smogon and no one knows him in the chat, I'm just gonna ask for activity..

scpinion

Sorry for being slow with the February editions of the MMC. I spent most of my ps/smogon time getting the subforum organized and let this fall behind.

Congratulations to Chras for winning the January Bo3 tour. He's already received his room voice prize! The OPs have been updated with February Winners and the bo3 tournament pairings are below.

Feb. MMC Bo3 Tour Round 1
deadline: Wed. Mar. 9th
Prosaic vs. czim
average fella vs. Alliance - Rabz
12C4 vs. Azelea
Balto vs. Confluxx

edit: If someone is non-responsive for this tour I have 2 subs due to ties this month, so please let me know if you need a sub!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)