Project Metagame Workshop (OM Submissions CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is an OU metagame.
Hey, how about a new clause? Any Pokemon who would have a stat of 300 is banned. It doesn't mean that the pokemon is banned, it just cannot be in a certain position in your party. Wdyt?

Totally. Other than that, do you see any other problem?
still too extreme and prob wont be fun
It is an OU metagame.
Hey, how about a new clause? Any Pokemon who would have a stat of 300 is banned. It doesn't mean that the pokemon is banned, it just cannot be in a certain position in your party. Wdyt?
na doubling will be too extreme no matter what (diggersby, smashers, etc), capping it at 300 wouldn't make a difference

1 mon has double atk but 4/6 of your opponent do not have double bulk to take it, therefore it would be easy to wear down

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
still too extreme and prob wont be fun

na doubling will be too extreme no matter what (diggersby, smashers, etc), capping it at 300 wouldn't make a difference

1 mon has double atk but 4/6 of your opponent do not have double bulk to take it, therefore it would be easy to wear down
This,

Let's say the opposing Atk Mon has super effective stab against your Def Mon, you're essentially at a huge disadvantage since it can easily get a kill every time it comes in.

Crossgen

Metagame's premise:
A new metagame where players can choose any of the existing generations (RB, BW, XY and etc) with their respective mechanics; for example, the player may choose to play RS mechanics against another player using GS or XY mechanics.

Potential bans and threats: It will be an OU metagame, so the UBERS will be banned according to the generation chosen by the player, for example: Blaziken can not be chosen because the player chose BW, but his opponent may be using because he chose RS, where Blaziken is UU

Questions for the community: Is Crossgen a good name for metagame?

Crossgen

Metagame's premise:
A new metagame where players can choose any of the existing generations (RB, BW, XY and etc) with their respective mechanics; for example, the player may choose to play RS mechanics against another player using GS or XY mechanics.

Potential bans and threats: It will be an OU metagame, so the UBERS will be banned according to the generation chosen by the player, for example: Blaziken can not be chosen because the player chose BW, but his opponent may be using because he chose RS, where Blaziken is UU

Questions for the community: Is Crossgen a good name for metagame?
how does that even work... if i am gen 5 and someone is gen 6, is my dark move ineffective or neutral vs steel?

regardless of that answer, this idea is not feasible to code.

The Dragon Master

So you have chosen, Death
is a Pre-Contributor
DOUBLED ITEMS?(working on the name)

The basic premise is that this is a metagame where Pokemon can hold upto 2 different items each with some limitations of course. Note I said different items, so no double leftovers or something. It'll be an OU based meta, with the usual clauses and a few more related to the items. The initial banlist related to items may be:

1. No dual choice items- see Galarian Darmanitan.
Other things:

1. Mega stone+ other item is Allowed- this is half the reason I came up with this idea and I want it to be the core idea of the metagame. Obviously it won't matter for this gen (unless it's a national Dex metagame) but it will be very important later when megas are reintroduced. Some may have to be restricted on this however, as imagine choice band mega mawile.
  2. If 2 items are able to be activated at a given time, the one in the first slot gets activated first and then, if the second one is still able to be activated, then it activates. For example, if a mon with 10% health has a figy berry and iapapa berry, then first the figy berry (assuming it's in the first slot) gets activated, getting the mon to 43% health. Now as it's not below 1/4th of its health, iapapa berry will not active.
  3. Shadow tag and arena trap may be balanced, as defensive mons can run shed shell and leftovers preventing them from being trapped while still gaining recovery.
  4. Knock off removes both items if they can be knocked off, otherwise only the one that can does.
  5. Z moves can be used along other items, but they don't get any additional boosts from the items like life orb for example and cannot be used with mega stones.
  6. HDB + other item may see large amount of use, as many HDB mons would love another item.
  7. I feel the metagame may be bulky , but offense has a key weapon in sheer power from life orb and something else.
Questions:
  1. Any new names for the OM?
  2. Does this need too many clauses to work?

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
DOUBLED ITEMS?(working on the name)

The basic premise is that this is a metagame where Pokemon can hold upto 2 different items each with some limitations of course. Note I said different items, so no double leftovers or something. It'll be an OU based meta, with the usual clauses and a few more related to the items. The initial banlist related to items may be:

1. No dual choice items- see Galarian Darmanitan.
Other things:

1. Mega stone+ other item is Allowed- this is half the reason I came up with this idea and I want it to be the core idea of the metagame. Obviously it won't matter for this gen (unless it's a national Dex metagame) but it will be very important later when megas are reintroduced. Some may have to be restricted on this however, as imagine choice band mega mawile.
  2. If 2 items are able to be activated at a given time, the one in the first slot gets activated first and then, if the second one is still able to be activated, then it activates. For example, if a mon with 10% health has a figy berry and iapapa berry, then first the figy berry (assuming it's in the first slot) gets activated, getting the mon to 43% health. Now as it's not below 1/4th of its health, iapapa berry will not active.
  3. Shadow tag and arena trap may be balanced, as defensive mons can run shed shell and leftovers preventing them from being trapped while still gaining recovery.
  4. Knock off removes both items if they can be knocked off, otherwise only the one that can does.
  5. Z moves can be used along other items, but they don't get any additional boosts from the items like life orb for example and cannot be used with mega stones.
  6. HDB + other item may see large amount of use, as many HDB mons would love another item.
  7. I feel the metagame may be bulky , but offense has a key weapon in sheer power from life orb and something else.
Questions:
  1. Any new names for the OM?
  2. Does this need too many clauses to work?
Wasn't dual wielding already a thing?

Metagame premise: Teddiursa Invasion Can be Used With Gen 2-8
Potential bans and threats: Only Teddiursa and their Ursaring Evolution are Allowed,Other Pokemons arent Allowed in (WITH The exception of Pancham/Pangoro and Bear Pokemons.)
Questions for the community: Should this Be Allowed? This was on my Imagination because of Teddiursa!

Metagame premise: Teddiursa Invasion Can be Used With Gen 2-8
Potential bans and threats: Only Teddiursa and their Ursaring Evolution are Allowed,Other Pokemons arent Allowed in (WITH The exception of Pancham/Pangoro and Bear Pokemons.)
Questions for the community: Should this Be Allowed? This was on my Imagination because of Teddiursa!
stop, stop with the teddiursa love. this is supposed to be serious mate, for rating an other metagame created by someone

Averagemons - Every pokemon gets their base stats averaged out, and the average (rounded up) is put in each of their slots. I have a few variations of this, where just attack stats could be averaged, defense stats, or HP and Speed.

I don't know if any pokemon would be threatening in this meta. I mean, getting all of you stats averaged out would probably hurt a pokemon's viability then help it.

Which variation should I go with? The original, or the others? If one of the others, I have a different name.

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Averagemons - Every pokemon gets their base stats averaged out, and the average (rounded up) is put in each of their slots. I have a few variations of this, where just attack stats could be averaged, defense stats, or HP and Speed.

I don't know if any pokemon would be threatening in this meta. I mean, getting all of you stats averaged out would probably hurt a pokemon's viability then help it.

Which variation should I go with? The original, or the others? If one of the others, I have a different name.
Averagemons is already the name of a metagame where every pokemon has all their base stats set to 100.

Maybe equilibrimons (em?). I love your idea, we can have a better equilibre in a lot of unbalanced pokemon like :schuckle: and there will be a lot of creativity in this meta, and some pokemon will gain new roles. IMO not average speed, a meta with lal tie would be bad

Averagemons is already the name of a metagame where every pokemon has all their base stats set to 100.
Not sure how I feel about that.
Maybe equilibrimons (em?). I love your idea, we can have a better equilibre in a lot of unbalanced pokemon like :schuckle: and there will be a lot of creativity in this meta, and some pokemon will gain new roles. IMO not average speed, a meta with lal tie would be bad
The name is a WIP. And yeah, I agree with you. Averaging speed and HP might not be the best. Hindsight is 2020, however.

I feel like Equilibrimons would just be Averagemons but Pokemon with low BST get fucked. The appeal of Averagemons (from what I can gather) is that by putting everyone' stats on an even playing field, there's a greater emphasis on typing, abilities, and movepool. Equilibrimons is the same basic idea, except Pokemon like Gengar with specialized stats are crippled.

I feel like Equilibrimons would just be Averagemons but Pokemon with low BST get fucked. The appeal of Averagemons (from what I can gather) is that by putting everyone' stats on an even playing field, there's a greater emphasis on typing, abilities, and movepool. Equilibrimons is the same basic idea, except Pokemon like Gengar with specialized stats are crippled.
okay then. I'm literally just gonna DUMP my ideas now.

I'm literally just gonna DUMP my ideas now.
I didn't lie. WDYT everyone?

All pokemon get access to moves and abilities on a Pokemon line. So, for example, the eeveelutions would get access to abilities that another eeveelution has, which means you can have a Guts Sylveon with Thunderbolt. This is a OU metagame.

I could see Sylveon being a major threat, and a potential ban, now having access to a bunch of special attacks. It can run a lot of things, and have coverage over ALL of its weaknesses and resistances.

Do you think I should handle pokemon with split evolution lines differently?

In this metagame, the tiers are reversed. Pokemon either get a bst increase or decrease depending on their tier. This is an Uber metagame.
Uber: BS/1.5 (round down)
OU: BS/1.3 (round down)
UU: BS/1.1 (round down)
RU: No Change
NU: BS*1.1 (round up)
PU: BS*1.3 (round up)
Untiered/NFE: BS*1.5 (round up)
So, each of its base stats are Multiplied depending on your tier.

Pikachu would KILL in this tier, with the help of Light Ball and Nasty Plot. It would probably be as good, if not, BETTER than anime Pikachu.

How should I handle low-tiered pokemon that have items that boost their stats?

EXACTLY like Shared Power (Gen 8), but with Items.

Double choice might be popular, but since it is like balanced hackmons, probably not.

How should I handle pokemon specific items? Should they be used on the whole team?

The less HP a pokemon has, the more powerful their attacks become.
90%-100%: *1.0
80%-89%: *1.1
70%-79%: *1.2
60%-69%: *1.3
50%-59%: *1.4
40%-49%: *1.5
30%-39%: *1.6
20%-29%: *1.7
10%-19%: *1.8
1%-9%: *2.0

Unburden mons would benefit from this meta, being able to set up, take a hit with focus sash, and then ATTACK. When the Crown Tundra comes, Archeops could have its horrible ability neutralized by the time it gets to low health.

As matter of fact, should I ban abilities like Unburden?

Like Metronome battle, but Pokemon can only use struggle. This is that kind of meta where only people with a death wish or daredevils would do. Uber Meta.

Come on. Which pokemon would ACTUALLY shine in this meta.

Do you think that the name Struggling is a good name?

A permanent Trick Room, Wonder Room & Magic Room are permanently set up for the remainder of the battle. This is an OU metagame.

Hatterene. That is all I have to say.

Do you think it should just be permanent trick room?

Last edited:

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Tier Moves
Premise: Pokemon gain +1 new move per tier below OU, besides banned new moves.

Explanation: Basically tier shift but instead of altering stats, this meta expands on the movepools of low tier Pokemon. UU gains +1 move, RU +2, NU +3, and PU and below +4. This means that with say PU Pokemon, they can have any moveset combination imaginable as they get 4 new "tier moves" to make sets out of. Tier moves have their own banlist. However, naturally learned moves on the tier move banlist won't necessarily be banned themselves. So while Shell Smash will undoubtably be banned as a tier move, Crustle may still use it because it learns it naturally.

While tier shift attempts to bridge the gap of viability through stats, that just doesn't save a Pokemon dealt with a poor movepool. Now, there's a lot of ways to make low tier mons fit a variety of niches, with near limitless possibilities! :) This doesn't completely invalidate OU staples though, as sometimes mons like Toxapex and Ferrothorn just have the stats and typing to still pull their weight.

Banlist:
Banned Tier Moves (Same as STABmons bans for now; this includes unreleased moves): Acupressure, Belly Drum, Bolt Beak, Double Iron Bash, Extreme Speed, Electrify, Fishious Rend, Shell Smash, Shift Gear, Spore, V-Create, Wicked Blow
Banned Pokemon: NA for now, but surely this would be subject to change quickly.

Potential Sets:
:slowking: - UU
Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Flip Turn
- Psyshock
- Future Sight
- Scald

Basically just a STABmons set without Photon Geyser. Regenerator + pivoting is always a great strat.

:gigalith: - RU
Gigalith @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Shore Up
- Close Combat / Spikes / Rapid Spin
/ Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Shore Up will be great for recovery in sand. Not sure what its best moveset will be, or if it will even need a second tier move.

:ninjask: - NU
Ninjask @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
/ Protect
- U-turn

This has to be a pretty annoying set for revenge killing a ton, but likely still has frailty issues.

:silvally: - NU
Silvally @ Throat Spray
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Clangorous Soul
- Moongeist Beam
- Boomburst

- Flamethrower

Looks pretty dangerous as a cleaner. A +2 Boomburst has to do a ton to most stuff neutrally, with Ghost / Fire coverage for much of everything else.

:raboot:
Raboot @ Eviolite
Ability: Libero
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak

Thing can be anything it wants and any type thanks to Libero. Held back by its mediocre stats.

Questions:

*Is it too much like tier shift to be a different meta?
*On that note, do we need another +movepool OM?
*Any other sets you can think of?
*Or bans / unbans?

Tier Moves
Premise: Pokemon gain +1 new move per tier below OU, besides banned new moves.
I submitted a similar idea, except lower tiered Pokemon got extra items slots instead of new moves. It got rejected.

The two criticisms I was given was that it didn't balance Pokemon as well as Tier Shift, and that it didn't differentiate itself enough from Duel Wielding.

I think yours unfortunately has similar problems.

I submitted a similar idea, except lower tiered Pokemon got extra items slots instead of new moves. It got rejected.

The two criticisms I was given was that it didn't balance Pokemon as well as Tier Shift, and that it didn't differentiate itself enough from Duel Wielding.

I think yours unfortunately has similar problems.
Extra item slots and non-native moves are two completely different things. That said, DuDono had an idea similar to this back in August (it also included a non-native ability as an option for low tier mons, and also some EV jank that I advised to not include). Nothing has since came of the idea, though I don't know if that's because it was rejected, if it's rotting in submission purgatory, or if they never even submitted it.

I didn't lie. WDYT everyone?

All pokemon get access to moves and abilities on a Pokemon line. So, for example, the eeveelutions would get access to abilities that another eeveelution has, which means you can have a Guts Sylveon with Thunderbolt. This is a OU metagame.

I could see Sylveon being a major threat, and a potential ban, now having access to a bunch of special attacks. It can run a lot of things, and have coverage over ALL of its weaknesses and resistances.

Do you think I should handle pokemon with split evolution lines differently?

In this metagame, the tiers are reversed. Pokemon either get a bst increase or decrease depending on their tier. This is an Uber metagame.
Uber: BS/1.5 (round down)
OU: BS/1.3 (round down)
UU: BS/1.1 (round down)
RU: No Change
NU: BS*1.1 (round up)
PU: BS*1.3 (round up)
Untiered/NFE: BS*1.5 (round up)
So, each of its base stats are Multiplied depending on your tier.

Pikachu would KILL in this tier, with the help of Light Ball and Nasty Plot. It would probably be as good, if not, BETTER than anime Pikachu.

How should I handle low-tiered pokemon that have items that boost their stats?

EXACTLY like Shared Power (Gen 8), but with Items.

Double choice might be popular, but since it is like balanced hackmons, probably not.

How should I handle pokemon specific items? Should they be used on the whole team?

The less HP a pokemon has, the more powerful their attacks become.
90%-100%: *1.0
80%-89%: *1.1
70%-79%: *1.2
60%-69%: *1.3
50%-59%: *1.4
40%-49%: *1.5
30%-39%: *1.6
20%-29%: *1.7
10%-19%: *1.8
1%-9%: *2.0

Unburden mons would benefit from this meta, being able to set up, take a hit with focus sash, and then ATTACK. When the Crown Tundra comes, Archeops could have its horrible ability neutralized by the time it gets to low health.

As matter of fact, should I ban abilities like Unburden?

Like Metronome battle, but Pokemon can only use struggle. This is that kind of meta where only people with a death wish or daredevils would do. Uber Meta.

Come on. Which pokemon would ACTUALLY shine in this meta.

Do you think that the name Struggling is a good name?

A permanent Trick Room, Wonder Room & Magic Room are permanently set up for the remainder of the battle. This is an OU metagame.

Hatterene. That is all I have to say.

Do you think it should just be permanent trick room?
Made an edit, what do you think everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)