XY OU Mega-Aerodactyl Team (peaked 1700)

Hello evryone! I builded this OU Team around Mega-Aerodactyl, because i like him. It´s a mix of a offensiv and deffensiv team.

I took Mega Aerodactyl in, because i like him alot and he performs very well in OU right now. I went 220 speed ev to outspeed Gengar with a non mega evolved Aerodactyl, 44 Def ev, so i can´t get 2ohko by Choicebanded Talonflame and the rest in Attack for dmg.
Rockslide is a great stap againts flying types, Aerial Ace againts mega Venusaur, pinsir and etc., Earthquake is to hit Heatran and excadrill well or tyrranitar and ice fang is againt landorus or if you can predict a switch into the common set " scarf Landorus-T". But Fire Fang works great againt Ferrothorn that recks my team hard and it works againt skarmory, not sure what is better.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 244 Atk / 44 Def / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang/fire Fang

To be able to Switch my Aerodactyl often in, i need to get the hazard away. And right now Excadrill is a great rapid spinner that also works great with my M-Aerodactyl. Its a offensiv ballon set to get a free switch on scarfed Earthquake user or if i predict a Earthquake. The attacks are tippical: Earthquake strong stap+ with Moldbreaker it can still hit lati@s or Rotomwash, Ironhead Stap and great againt fairy, rapid spin to spin and Rockslide againt Birdis.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
Sylveon is a great Switch into Fighting types that excadrill can´t resist and its also a great cleric + wall. I gave it alot of def to be able to take some Phisical hits too and it don´t get 2Ohko from Lat@s psyshock. Hyper voice is a great stap that works also againts hawlucha. Wish and Heal bell, because this is my cleric and protect to scout.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

I chose Azumarril with Assault Vest to help Silveon a bit with the Special attackers, because i builded my silveon a bit on psysical defense too. I also chose it, because it´s great in the Meta right now and it´s the tipical Assault Vest build. I chose Knock off over Superpower, because if i predict a Ferrothorn switching, into my Azumarill i can knock off the Leftis, so it can´t heal it up later.(Superpower from a Assault Vest Azu cant 2Ohko it anyway)

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

I need now a Stealthrocker and something that i can switch in againt steal attack that my team is weak to. So i chose Ferrothorn, because it worsk great wiht my team and i switch it in againt bullet-punch from Scizor that would wreck my team. That´s why i also chose Rocky Helmet over Leftis, it is great againt scizor and other things. I chose Power Whip over Gyroball becasue i have no real need for Gyro.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock

I decided, that i need a scarfer and i took Rotom-wash, because it cover some of my weaknesses and i like him. Volt switch as a Stap and Momentum, Hydro Pump Stap and againt ground types that resist my Voltswitch, Hidden Power(Fire) is againts Ferrothorn because i can´t realy deal with him so good and Trick is to make Ferrothorn, Mew or set upper useless.

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Well, that´s my team. Pls rate it and sry for my bad English.

Last edited:

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Its a very good team I'll try it. But mega scizor mega charizard y latios and magnezone are big threats to your team. I do recommed jolly excadrill so to can out speed and t-wave on ferrothorn can be helpful. Crunch on aerodactyl hits hard a gets tough claws boost. Hope I helped.

Last edited:
Hi there! Cute team you got there, I have a few suggestions. Firstly, I'd recommend running Fire Fang > Earthquake on Mega Aerodactyl. I notice a glaring Ferrothorn weakness, this helps with that. Earthquake isn't exactly necessary because everything it hits is also hit by Excadrill as it is. Sylveon isn't really amazing anymore, Clefable outclasses it thanks to its superior bulk and Magic Guard, along with the ability to utilize Fire Blast to break through Ferrothorn. For this reason, I'd recommend Clefable > Sylveon. Running both Azumarill and Rotom-W seems quite redundant, thus Magnezone > Rotom-W is a change I would make. Magnezone, once again, alleviates the issues regarding Ferrothorn by trapping it and removing it. This also forms a nice core alongside Aerodactyl! One tiny nitpick is changing Ferrothorn's EVs to 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD for maximum bulk!

Summary:
  • Fire Fang > Earthquake
  • >

• >
Sets:

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Wish
- Heal Bell

Its a very good team I'll try it. But mega scizor mega charizard y latios and magnezone are big threats to your team. I do recommed jolly excadrill so to can out speed and t-wave on ferrothorn can be helpful. Crunch on aerodactyl hits hard a gets tough claws boost. Hope I helped.
Lat@s isnt a big threat to my team i have Sylveon as switch in or Ferrothorn if no hidden fire and crunch works well with though claw boost, but it is no stap so aerial ace works better and i have no need to take crunch againts ghost types, because there are new ghost types im scared of

Hi there! Cute team you got there, I have a few suggestions. Firstly, I'd recommend running Fire Fang > Earthquake on Mega Aerodactyl. I notice a glaring Ferrothorn weakness, this helps with that. Earthquake isn't exactly necessary because everything it hits is also hit by Excadrill as it is. Sylveon isn't really amazing anymore, Clefable outclasses it thanks to its superior bulk and Magic Guard, along with the ability to utilize Fire Blast to break through Ferrothorn. For this reason, I'd recommend Clefable > Sylveon. Running both Azumarill and Rotom-W seems quite redundant, thus Magnezone > Rotom-W is a change I would make. Magnezone, once again, alleviates the issues regarding Ferrothorn by trapping it and removing it. This also forms a nice core alongside Aerodactyl! One tiny nitpick is changing Ferrothorn's EVs to 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD for maximum bulk!

Thanks for your reply,
I took the Ferrothorn ev changes, but i dont like the other ones. Without a choice scarfer i havent enough momentum againts all this agro teams. I also need the trick from Rotom to handle stall mew that can handle easily my team after the changes and i tried to change Earthquake againt fire fang, but prefer to have Earthquake over ice fang so i keep fire fang, but i took ice fange againt Earthquake, so i can handle many electro types. I wont miss the things my ice fang could handle, because they are mostly landorus therian, but because it´s most times scarfed i won´t outspeed it anyway. And the last thing i tried Clefable, i am still not sure what i would prefer more. On the one hand Sylveon handles all the substitute people and mega Herracross very well, but on the other hand Clefable is great againts ferrothorn.

Have you considered swapping Rotom-W for something like Gothitelle or Chandleure. Chandleure with this moveset would function as great revenge killer, and help you deal with the ferrothorn issue, which should free up some moves on your other mons:

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire / Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Energy Ball

Gothitelle on the other hand is an amazing trapper, and will help you with the aggro teams that concern you in the first place:

Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Energy Ball / Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt / Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)