NOC Matrix 14 Mafia (Town Wins!)

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Quick thoughts from the host, I don't think town played amazing but I thought they did play well, town was all over the place day 1 but they were able to capitalize on the mistakes made by the mafia and used them to steadily push towards a winning position.

Key notes from the game:

- Cantius's vig shot on Martin opened the doors for town to win in the position they did. Martin surviving another night often allows scum to get off a second mislynch and the game dynamic drastically shifts there. Accordingly that was the first mistake by the mafia, Martin's choice of posting style wasn't sufficient to keep him under the radar and needed to be more proactive here.

- Mafia kill on DLE was a mistake, they made the miscalculation to go for a voice they thought would be problematic rather than go PR hunting. The rolecop on Nuxl was a reasonable choice, but even without getting the result after Asek's death he should have always been the NK. Dusk was a scary voice to face but removing Nuxl as a guaranteed clear was mandatory. As we saw in the game, Nuxl living directly contributed to three town clears on roles.

ed note. Nuxl very probably should have been shot using the strong man or ninja depending on which PR scum feared after his soft claim d1

- Asek's death was difficult to manage but avoidable with a bit more activity as he showed very towny when he was present. Hampered somewhat by the connections to Martin, had Martin survived N1 the Asek+vooper combo would have been very dangerous.

- vooper used the ninja shot on n2. oddish was an odd-night watcher. doesnotcompute.jpeg

- cantius played well, posted rarely but incisively which kept him under the radar as a vig, and likely shares town MVP role with duskfall who was on point with his reads all game

- vooper played his role well in abusing apricity's meta, but likely should have taken a more active role after Martin's death and he could no longer rely on passivity to carry him through

tl;dr: mafia made several mistakes in their play and town did a great job of capitalizing on them

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh yes and we can't forget to shout out the true hero of this game in Whydon without whom this game would have died and ugly death after I accidentally posted the scum team in Martin's flip, Whydon saw and got to me within seconds after posting, salvaging the situation by only necessitating himself to be subbed out

Woohoo!!

Congrats friends, you did well. Shoutouts in particular to Cantius for the Martin vig and Dusk for the all around good play.

I think this was an overall solid village. Mafia definitely made mistakes but as Texas said, we were able to capitalize on them well. I also think there were multiple villagers who did a good job at projecting town. Definitely a deserved win.

Thanks for hosting Texas, it was fun! I want to apologize for my increasing inactivity once d2 hit though, but I appreciate you not subbing me out. :)

GG everyone!

Texas Cloverleaf

Yeah as far as activity is concerned it's super important for everyone to be active day 1 but once day 2 rolls around I'm more lenient on it, I know from experience that some times there's just situations where you need to see flips to make meaningful progression (though this is where you use hammer to push the game forward!)

Woohoo!!

Congrats friends, you did well. Shoutouts in particular to Cantius for the Martin vig and Dusk for the all around good play.

I think this was an overall solid village. Mafia definitely made mistakes but as Texas said, we were able to capitalize on them well. I also think there were multiple villagers who did a good job at projecting town. Definitely a deserved win.

Thanks for hosting Texas, it was fun! I want to apologize for my increasing inactivity once d2 hit though, but I appreciate you not subbing me out. :)

GG everyone!
not to mention, your watch on nuxl was able to clear me or possibly catch scum (if scum decided to kill nuxl they had to choose between strongman and ninja)

not to mention, your watch on nuxl was able to clear me or possibly catch scum (if scum decided to kill nuxl they had to choose between strongman and ninja)
Thanks! Yeah, there was no way I wasn't watching nuxl n1, I did consider dusk briefly but I felt like mafia would want to take out a potential pr first. Was surprised to see that nuxl was not the one who died the next day, but I was happy to have caught asek and figured he had rolecopped nuxl.

I know I mentioned this earlier in the game but the annoying part was trying to build a case on asek afterwards because I didn't wanna out myself as a pr d2 when I had another shot at catching someone the next day, so I had to make my progression on asek look believable. I was waiting for asek to post more so I could do that, but asek wasn't fucking posting so I had to just...work with what I could and look back at d1 connections with Martin. Not like I wouldn't have done that anyway, but my progression felt unnatural in my eyes which is why I focused a bit more on energy who was more active. It also doesn't help that I was becoming pretty inactive myself, for irl reasons. I regret being on the energy wagon at eod and knew it would be a bad look for me. If I had been around eod I would've definitely voted asek though, I wanted him gone first

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)