Make my UU team not shitty please

I've got a problem, Smogon. I suck at UU. I'm a solid OU player though I'm not high on the ladder due to a lack of playtime, but whenever I go into UU my win/loss ratio pretty much goes to hell, and I only win due to hax. A lot of this is due to my lack of real knowledge of what to look out for in UU, which screws up my prediction and teambuilding. Here it is:

Banette, Jolly Nature, 204 HP/90 Atk/216 Spe @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Insomnia
Shadow Sneak
Trick
Thunderwave
Will O Wisp

Basically lifted straight out of Skiddle's RMT, which inspired me to give UU another shot, I did replace shadow claw with shadow sneak. Here are some peer reviews I've gotten of this set:

"god that thing is fucking annoying"
"what the hell is this"
"FUCK YOU (BAN ME PLEASE)" (tricked a CB off of him and came in lategame to sweep what was left of his team with shadow sneak)

Needless to say, it's great fun, thank you skiddle. Anyways, this thing really does put you in a very good position from the getgo, threatens to cripple any lead or switch in, and shadow sneak lets it revenge kill some weakened enemies later on assuming it survives long enough.

Xatu, Bold Nature, 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe @ Leftovers
Ability: Early Bird
Drill Peck
Thunderwave
Wish
Roost

This set in particular intrigued me, as Xatu was one of my favorites in GSC and I had never really seen a good use for it before. An x4 fighting resist combined with ground immunity make him play a lot like Weezing with better recovery in UU. Psychic serves as a solid STAB to use against the ever present fighters while Wish supports this rather offensive team's HP. Thunderwave also helps in slowing things down for a final sweep, while roost lets him avoid ice/thunderpunch hitting him SE.

Swellow, Jolly nature, 252atk/252spe/4hp @ Toxic Orb
Protect
Facade
Quick Attack
Pursuit

Somewhat standard Swellow set, though I left Brave Bird alone due to the fact that Swellow is already short lived from toxic damage and BB doesn't provide many OHKOs that Facade doesn't, while quick attack can be useful in revenging setups or killing leftover scarfers on the final cleanup sweep. Pursuit is there for obvious reasons, protect in the event that I can't get him in on an EQ for a free activation.

Venomoth, Timid nature, 252sp. atk/252spe/4hp @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
Bug Buzz
Sludge Bomb
Psychic
Hidden Power (Ground)

A competent revenge switchin, at 90 base speed, it's somewhat fast for UU and due to his ability there is very little that resists him, making good counters difficult to find.

Poliwrath, Impish nature, 252hp/164atk/92def @ Leftovers
Hypnosis
Ice Punch
Brick Break
Hydro Pump

Defensive tadpole as suggested by skiddle. I haven't had time to screw around with it yet, but I'll play a bit tommorow morning and edit in my findings. Seems statistically solid and provides several important resists.

Gastrodon, Relaxed nature, 212hp/252def/44sp. atk @ Leftovers
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Surf
Recover

Hey look, my old buddy mixpert in UU form. It's basically a weaker swampert with recovery, which isn't a bad thing though grass is more common in UU. Provides a much needed electric immunity. I've actually used this before, so I can say it does its job well. I'd consider putting SR in there so he really IS identical to my swampert but recover is too good to pass up.

I'll try this team out, if I do run into problems with Manectric I'll try switching venomoth up. Thanks for the prompt help!

LOL, awesome, you used two of my pokemon in this team! Nice to know that I had some sort of an impact.

Anyways, four rock weaks is pretty steep plus four electric weaks, especially since you have no resistances for it. I would remove Scyther or Swellow, whichever one you think is less useful, with something else. Since both rock and ground give you problems, slap a sturdy Ground type on here, such as Sandslash, Golem, Steelix, Quagsire or Gastrodon. This will handle both your problems with Rock and Electric.

Replace Blastoise with Poliwrath as your rapid spin problem will be less pressing with only three rock weaknesses. Poliwrath is a total beast, it has amazing defenses (90/95/90) and cool resistances, such as Rock, Dark, Fire, and a Water immunity.

I would run the "Defensive Tadpole" set from the Analysis.

I think this will patch up most problems, although Manectric might still cause you some major pain. You could try making Venemoth Modest and switching to a Scarf, modifying the EVs to 154 HP / 252 SpA / 104 Spe . This gives you 363 speed with the Scarf, enough to outrun 95% of UU. 306 special attack to dent stuff, and enough thrown into HP to weather a couple special hits. Or, you could remove someone for Swords Dance Cradily (lol, so much fun) and never have to worry about Rotom, Manectric or Specs Altaria ever again.

Rag

"aaaaaaaahhhh!"
You got some cool dudes. Venomoth is a freaking cool Pokémon. However, there are some issues that bother me.

Your team got a pretty bad Rock weakness, and 4 Pokémon is weak to Stealth Rock. Nothing is really capable of handling Kabutops, and that's bad considering they're pretty common. Quagsire is pretty much a 100% counter, and it will give you a Electric immunity. It's a shame it don't learn Stealth Rock, though.

I can see a Grumpig causing you some trouble too, as they tend to sub up. Nothing resist Psychic except for Xatu but it's unable to do anything in return. I suggest running Drill Peck on Xatu as it always breaks the sub, even with no EVs.

meh, beaten (:

Yeah, we pretty much said the same stuff except, I forgot Xatu has base 95 attack... maybe I should give Drill Peck a second look. It'd hit those Hitmons harder too, all I would be losing is last ditch effort Nidoking kills.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)