Battle Spot M Sableye offense! (singles)

Hey, here is so far by best team. I had like ~1500 on PS lader. I'm curios what you are think about it.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Flamethrower
- Dazzling Gleam

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 28 SpD / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play
- Knock Off

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick

Feel free to make any suggestion what would make it better.

Clefable and mega sableye is my standart protection for many gimmick like minimize spam, swagplay and other cheap tactic. Also defensive spread on sableye makes killing some threats like sd lando, mega kanga, mega lucario and many, many other quiet easy. Burn them, knock them of and if they are trying to stack attack boosts foul play. Only few attackers can make some problems for this monster. One of them is blaziken, other lum berry chomp. Overall I'm basing on burn in term of taking powerful physical attackers.

Clefable is not usually pick but sometimes I need support against calm mind suicune and few others.

Dragonite is my main sweeper and I feel like it's one of the best sweeper in this format. With multiscale even mega salemancer can't OHKO him with dragon claw. This guy can very often get dance and he makes great use of it, especially when enemy forget that only thing that hidden power does to him is activating weakness policy. He can quite easily counter blaziken and mega blaziken, talonflame, check salemancer and do many great thigs. At +1 extreme speed kills weavile which is really nice. Only really fat things like ferrothorn, or slowbro can stop him after dance but after dance and weakness policy game is usually over. Amazing mon, won me huge number of games.

Togekiss is my cleaner. Very quick, has good coverage and many teams are not prepared for brainless flinch spam. Even some tanky pokemon are quickly destroyed with power of airslash. If team has no steel types or rock is very likely to get 3-0. Also she is my way of dealing with brelooms because usually I break their sash and make them flinch. I have to watch out for thundurus, aegislashs, tyranitars and rotoms. However fight against landrous is usually matter if I get one flinch I need.

Goodra is destroing every special attacker. Only specs sylveon and mega gardevoir can 2hko her, but she also 2hko them back! Yzard and thundurus can't do anything, every attack literally does negative dmg. Even highty-mighty LO greninja deals like 30% with ice beam. She is very nice for my team, because she can take special attacks, while sableye can't. Also she is switching in spores, leech seeds and bullet seeds. Surprisingly she can kill many things like heatran, Mmanetric, special attackers, breloom, and few others. Really solid mon.

And last but not least weavile. Most good things on battle spot singles are weak to weavile: mkanga, mgengar, mmenc, thundurus, dragonite, landrous, garchomp, aegislash, tyranitar....The list goes on. When I see one of these I might need some extra power and weavile can give me this. Many, many teams have no switch ins for weavile and that makes her so good. Also base 125 speed is really impressive.
_____
Replays:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/battlespotsingles-312558835
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/battlespotsingles-312633043

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This team has an enormous Fairy weakness, particularly Sylveon, and I think you're overestimating Goodra's defensive prowess against it. Goodra is cleanly 2HKO'ed by the Choice Specs set, while it can only 3HKO. So even though it outspeeds Sylveon it will still lose the 1v1. Not only that, but Calm Mind ChestoRest sets (the second most common set) can use you as set-up fodder. You desperately need a Pokemon in your team that can help remedy this, but the thing is, every member of your team is as eligible for replacing as each other. Perhaps Weavile since your team is more defensive and so he isn't really a great fit. Almost any Aegislash variant would work so maybe look up some sets for him...

Try a Kee Berry on Clefable. Rest is a cool option over Flamethrower since Toxic can be more problematic than opposing Steel-types. Thunder Wave is another option.

Weakness Policy on Dragonite is a gimmick, Lum, Berry is much better. Also, run Outrage over Dragon Claw, the power is well worth the locking-in. Oh yeah; +1 Extreme Speed does not OHKO Weavile, just thought I'd point that out.

Foul Play + Knock Off on Mega Sableye is an odd combination in BSS, the Calm Mind set is much more common so perhaps give that a try?

That's really all I can bare to say. To be quite honest, this doesn't strike me as an impressive team and it would be much easier to just start over than to try and fix it. We're always up for helping out if you swing by our Room on Pokemon Showdown! We love having new players come hang out and learn the metagame from us first hand :)

Clef isn't doing much uninvested, so the only attack should be Moonblast for STAB, the 30% SpA drop, and to not be Taunt bait. Calm Mind doesn't make much sense to me on Clef, either, since so much physical stuff can break it even when you go 252/252+.

I don't really think WP on Dragonite is a gimmick, but it is fairly predictable and we talked about bulky Talon w/ WoW being kind of a threat(though you never said if you thought it was). Not to mention it lets you beat sash Breloom.

I feel like Weavile should be Sashed. The power drop sucks, but priority Ice Shard offsets is somewhat, and you can steal a foe's item if it brings you to your Sash w/ a contact move( pretty sure about this.)

You never told me what you think about Ancientpower>Aura Sphere for Toge. AP hits more stuff 4x SE than AS, and it's not like you're gonna use either very often. AS doesn't KO Kanga(probably didn't even before the nerf), and the stud it hits for 4x SE damage(Bisharp, Tyranitar, non mega Aggron, and Liepard) is less important than what AP hits for 4x SE damage like Talon, Char Y, Volcarona, Vivillon, and Articuno(last two don't really matter-just showing AP has more targets.)

You've convinced me Foul Play is at least viable on Mega Sableye, but for God's sake, drop Knock Off. W/ Megas making Knock Off suck, you don't really need two users of it, and uninvested Mega Sab doesn't hit that hard w/ it even w/ STAB. If you want Mega Sab to do good damage to the opponent, either really on their strength(Foul Play and Metal Burst, or boost it to reasonable levels of power w/ Calm Mind.

I do like Goodra, as I've said, but I'd check the EVs to be sure it's the best it can be. If you can run a little more HP or Def to avoid some KOs, do that. In terms of IVs, Goodra should be flawless. It doesn't actually WANT to be slow-Sassy is just cuz you're going mixed.

That's really all I can bare to say. To be quite honest, this doesn't strike me as an impressive team and it would be much easier to just start over than to try and fix it. We're always up for helping out if you swing by our Room on Pokemon Showdown! We love having new players come hang out and learn the metagame from us first hand :)
Because it is not amazing team, but I have some success with it, because no one expected that. It was innovative back then, but not really solid all around.

I was playing a lot with CM sableye and my experience with that is: "that don't work". Mammoswine with fissure is too common, crits happens, and sylveon exist. Maybe I should switch knock off, but foul play+wisp works amazing against many physical set up mons. When they try to stack up SD while burnt foul play takes their attack boost, but not burn. And then they are usually OHKO by foul play.

I feel like I should switch weavile to defensive mscizor and do do something with goodra.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)