Lopunny

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyNameIsVeryCreative

Banned deucer.
My thread is probably gonna get deleted for breaking lots of rules and stuff, but I'm bored, so I'm gonna give it another try and hope for the best! I'm new to this, and I want to get better, so please correct me and provide me with stuff I missed plz!

Overview
########

People may wonder why Lopunny is even considered a spot in the OU metagame. A place full of powerful fighting types, and the few normal types that do end up here at first glance significantly outclass this bunny. People may think she should be hi jump kicked all the way back to NU where it belongs, but there is hope yet for Lopunny. Gen 6 has been kind to this once useless normal type, providing gifts such as assault vest and cosmic power.
Thanks to her ability klutz, Lopunny is arguably one of the best ways to permanently shut down a dedicated wall (albeit only once), as her ability allows her to use switcheroo while holding assault vest. Walls that usually depend on non-attacking moves to function well such as Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Gliscor, Blissey/Chansey, are essentially useless for the rest of the match. Sure you've boosted their SpD, but how will that help them if they can't even heal themselves via leftovers or recovery moves?
But the fun doesn't stop there, Buneary can now learn cosmic power via breeding, so she is now a quite viable baton passer, allowing her to baton pass defense boosts to a tank, or even a sweeper (if you manage to get enough boosts).
Unfortunately, now the fun stops. Even fully invested, 65/84/96 bulk is pretty sub-par for OU-standards, severely limiting her supporting prowess, and leaving her overlooked for the other supporters in OU such as Blissey and Sylveon. Not only that but her bad defensive typing further limits her usefulness, her lack off offensive pressure and foul play leaves her forced to use only non-attacking moves - thus making her weak to taunt.
Overall, if you want a supporter, Lopunny suits the job well, but don't expect too much from her.

Utility
########
name: Utility
move 1: Switcheroo
move 2: Cosmic Power/Encore
move 3: Baton Pass/Fake Out
move 4: Magic Coat/Fake Out
ability: Klutz
item: assault vest
ev's: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
nature: Bold/Impish (+Def / -AtK)(+Def / -SpA)

Moves
========

(The following moves are mostly egg moves, so I'm not sure if they're legal with each other or not, so please correct this) Switcheroo is the main move on this moveset, allowing you to fuck around with annoying walls your team has trouble with. Cosmic power is a great move in combination with baton pass, allowing you to pass on defense boosts to teammates who need it more than you. The last move is sort of filler, but will still be a great asset to Lopunny. Encore is great for locking sweepers into a setup move, and even attacking moves if you manage to acquire some cosmic power boosts, but I think encore is illegal with cosmic power (correct me if I'm wrong), and cosmic power is very useful. Lopunny is extremely susceptible to taunt, so magic coat is a viable option, and allows you to bounce back predicted status moves, entry hazards, and most importantly taunt without resorting to switcheroo. Fake out is a nice move that can break the opponent's focus sash, sturdy, and multiscale which will make them less of a problem for your teammates.

Set Details
========

248 Hp minimizes residual damage from status and entry hazards. 248/252/8 allows her to take physical attacks as best as possible. Bold nature minimizes foul play damage, while impish doesn't weaken fake out (if you choose to use fake out). Switcheroo shuts down walls, cosmic power and baton pass is a great combo.

Usage Tips
========

Lopunny without any cosmic power boosts isn't very bulky, so don't switch it in to powerful attackers unless you are certain they will go for a ghost move or something. Instead bring it in with a slow volt switch or u-turn, or when a teammate faints. Switcheroo can be quite a risky move to use, especially since most of the walls Lopunny specializes against commonly have protect and can scout Lopunny's moves, they can then switch out to a Pokemon that can better take switcheroo, so prediction is key here.

Team Options
========

Any Pokemon that appreciate defense boosts but at the same have trouble against annoying walls greatly appreciate Lopunny's utility.

Other Options
########

Lopunny has numerous other options to choose from but generally aren't as useful as the set suggested. She can attempt to do a proper baton pass set with cosmic power, agility, substitute and baton pass, but is outclassed by other baton passers. Lopunny has other support moves to choose from such as healing wish, thunder wave, entrainment, and baby-doll eyes, but are generally inferior.

Checks & Counters
########

**Fighting Types**: All the powerful fighting types that inhabit the OU tier can easily put Lopunny in her place. Even after numerous defense boosts, close combats and drain punches and aura spheres will severely dent Lopunny.

**Bulky Mega Pokemon**: Pokemon such as Mega Venusaur and Mega Aggron are immune to switcheroo, so they can use non-attacking moves with impunity.

**Taunt**: Provided Lopunny doesn't use magic coat, taunt will shut down Lopunny, especially prankster taunt from the likes of Thunderus and Sableye.

**Phazing Moves**: While it won't get rid of Lopunny, and non-attacking variants (roar and whirlwind) can be shut down by switcheroo and bounced back with magic coat, it sure is a great way to remove any stat boosts Lopunny may have acquired or baton passed.

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey there.

Before one can work on an analysis, it needs to be reserved in the index (and, by effect, be on the reservation list). Given that Lopunny wasn't on the reservation list, you'd need to argue as to why it should get an analysis in that thread. That being said, Lopunny is a pretty terrible Pokemon in OU and struggles to carve itself any real niche (in other words, it'd most likely get rejected). In the future, make sure you read the index thread as it explains the entire analysis and QC process. This will save you the trouble of writing up all that you for no purpose. This guide may give you a hand if you wish to contribute to C&C in the future and here is a link to the index thread.

Welcome to C&C!

MyNameIsVeryCreative

Banned deucer.
Hey there.

Before one can work on an analysis, it needs to be reserved in the index (and, by effect, be on the reservation list). Given that Lopunny wasn't on the reservation list, you'd need to argue as to why it should get an analysis in that thread. That being said, Lopunny is a pretty terrible Pokemon in OU and struggles to carve itself any real niche (in other words, it'd most likely get rejected). In the future, make sure you read the index thread as it explains the entire analysis and QC process. This will save you the trouble of writing up all that you for no purpose. This guide may give you a hand if you wish to contribute to C&C in the future and here is a link to the index thread.

Welcome to C&C!
Don't worry, I already saved this analysis on my computer, so it's no real loss if this thread gets deleted, I'll read the index thread now, my apologies!

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Test your Pokemon out before posting them in future, it's kind of obvious you didn't in this one (you didn't even check if the moveset is legal ._.) If you tested it for at least 10-20 matches it should be apparent that Lopunny completely fails against offensive teams and can only stop one Pokemon on stall teams; at that point some other Pokemon in its place that accomplishes more than that would be 100x better.

horyzhnz

[10:02:17 AM] flcl: its hory xD
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This really is quite a waste of a teamslot. Wouldn't a taunt accomplish what this entire set tries to do without giving them a free SpD boost?

MyNameIsVeryCreative

Banned deucer.
Test your Pokemon out before posting them in future, it's kind of obvious you didn't in this one (you didn't even check if the moveset is legal ._.) If you tested it for at least 10-20 matches it should be apparent that Lopunny completely fails against offensive teams and can only stop one Pokemon on stall teams; at that point some other Pokemon in its place that accomplishes more than that would be 100x better.
My friend used one, and completely screwed my Klefki over, not only that but he was passing on defense boosts to his teammates and was really quite annoying :l so I thought she deserved a moveset. Which sucks because I didn't even read the rules first and now this post is down the drain :(
Oh well what can you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)