Walrus LG's Drunken Rave (Won by Nightmare!)

In 24th, earning 3.8 points: Zeonth

Stiches by Shawn Mendes

Super generic and bland. There's nothing really wrong with it, it's just boring and I've heard it a million times on the radio. The harmonies are decent, only really noteworthy part of the song. Writing/backing are boring, Mendes isn't charismatic/talented enough to carry a song like this. Pretty light on elemental references.

In 20th, earning 6 points: Shubaka

Fire by Barns Courtney

I'm a big fan of this guys voice. every time I hear from him makes me want to listen to him more. Unfortunately he also makes super boring music. No effort going into these songs at all. Saying 'gimme that fire' three times in a row wth oohs does not make a good chorus. Get him with a band that knows what they're doing.

In 19th, earning 6.2 points: Paperblade

Hero by Machinae Supremacy

Machinae Supremacy are good. But man, did their vocals improve as they got older. The instrumentals and effects are some good power metal-y stuff. I like the opening riff. Vocals are incredibly off pitch in many places though, the remastered version of this song fixed that and would score higher.

Last edited:
In 15th, earning 7.1 points: Myzozoa

Oceania by Bjork

The fact everything in this song is made by a human voice is cool. It's really weird (expected from Bjork, I know). She's a very gripping and unique vocalist. Not as big a fan of the background vocals that aren't melodic, but the beatboxing kicks ass and the end of the song is very powerful.

In 10th, earning 7.8 points: Yeti

We are the Sea by Marnie

TOO MUCH WATER. Just kidding, this song is really atmospheric and catchy. I've liked her vocals in both tracks she's performed. The bass line is a good backdrop and has you boppin' to the beat. The synths almost feel like waves crashing, neat little effect. The only thing holding this track back is the outro, which lasts far too long. Probably moves up a few places it it cuts after less than a minute.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)