Legendaries banned on the GTS?

Hot on the heels of the PBR ban, Nintendo seem to have banned legends on the GTS. For me, anyway. Could people test this and tell me if it's just my game, or real?

This afternoon I successfully uploaded an Uxie to the GTS.

So if it's real, it only affects ubers. However, it may have been effected after I did so (2-3 in the afternoon)

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Try searching for a Palkia or Dialga or something. If they're there, then it isn't banned

Jibaku

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Try it with other legends (a.k.a Lati@s/Deoxys/Lugia/Manaphy/Jirachi/Celebi/Rayquaza/Kyogre/Groudon/Giratina/Mewtwo/Mew)

Well, I tried trading various legendaries - Palkia, then Regice, even Entei - and it kept saying "This Pokemon cannot be offered for trade".

You can still offer these pokemon up on the GTS (you can still clone, gj nintendo), but no one can trade for them.

(edited)

Jibaku

If only I know who to contact, I'll be able to try and e-mail them or something.

At least I have the legends I already got, but this is far too much

This does sound like a move to make legendary pokémon at least a bit more rare, which they're supposed to be in the first place but it's still just stupid. I really only used the GTS to get random legends so it's pretty useless now =(

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
IMO they did this to increase game sales. Now most of the population who do not belong to an online community will have to buy the opposite version in order to get Palkia/Dialga. Still, I think it's a bit extreme.

Well, at least I managed to get a legit TRU Mew and a Japanese bonus disk Celebi before the ban...

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I just tried trading one of my palkias for a palkia, and it came back with a message:

"That Pokémon may not be offered for trade!"

same also happened when I tried to offer a ho-oh for a shiny zubat. I think you can upload a legendary, but cannot offer a legendary.

Do you think they'll ban shinies next? No one's going to be able to get shinies on the GTS anyway, since everyone wants legendaries.

So... you can still GTS clone legendaries... but you cannot trade legendaries at all...

Right... Trading Legendaries is so much worse than cloning legendaries...

Jibaku

I'm e-mailing Nintendo atm about this. I hope I'm doing it at the right place (Customer Service)

This is probably cause by nintendo trying to fix the cloning situation.When nintendo gets it fix ,the legendary pokemon will be back.Relax people

Nerts if this is the case. I figured the random Mew I got from GTS was hacked and wouldn't let me trade anything, so I deleted it. Thankfully I only traded a random Latias I got from the GTS for it.

I haven't tried trading any non-legends though. Trading for legends on Wifi seems to work fine though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)