Gen 3 It's Slammin' Time.

https://pokepast.es/426afe32b5916b7b
This is a 3BL squad I thought up while messing around in the teambuilder. It might look a little odd, but try it- it works.

GotThatDawgInMe (Medicham) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brick Break
- Shadow Ball
- Rock Slide
- Focus Punch

Medi wrecks any Tar leads unfortunate enough to cross its path, and nothing that isn't Ghost-type can switch into Focus Punch. Even Salamence takes over half from it. Usually Medi has to worry about predicting a Gengar switch, but that's why I chose the next team member:

TheDawgInQuestion (Houndoom) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Will-O-Wisp

Houndoom ignores Will-O-Wisps aimed at Medicham with ease, and Pursuit-traps the user in return (unless it's Weezing.) I chose Houndoom as my Pursuiter instead of Tyranitar because almost all of my team is sand-weak, and also because it seemed like an obvious choice for a 3rd BL mon. It's EV'ed to live two Thunderbolts from offensive Gengar under sand, so you don't have to worry about prediction- two Pursuits kill anyway. Other Gengar variants may pose a little more trouble, but the odds are still in your favor. Other uses of Houndoom include completely walling most Celebi and all Moltres, and significantly chunking them with Pursuit when they are forced to switch out.

I've been considering trying to run Beat Up, but i'm not sure it's worth the moveslot + my team's base Attack stats aren't very high.

Slammer? I Hardly- (Swellow) @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Double-Edge
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Facade

Swellow is a mon that I think is very underrated. Double-Edge hits like an absolute truck, outspeeding and oneshotting anything up to offensive Starmie and dealing huge damage to any target. It's like Aero, but with STAB on Double-Edge. It works really well with Houndoom to remove its prediction reliance involving Ghost-types, and it can switch into Toxics (and Weezing's Will-O-Wisps) to arm the Ursaluna-shaped nuke that is boosted STAB Choice Guts Facade, removing recoil and increasing Swellow's power to insane levels. However, it's Sand-weak, it will die to pretty much any hit, and if you accidentally switch it into Blissey's Thunder Wave because you thought it had Toxic, it's done for.

Double-edge over Return on such a frail, Sand-weak mon might seem strange, but I find the extra power really helps, and getting killed by recoil has the same momentum-gaining effect as Explosion, giving another mon a free switch in.

Once I had my 3 BLs, I just sort of trial-and-error'ed the last three mons until I felt I had a solid team. The BLs have paper-thin defenses and I knew I needed some defensive presence, so I tried to pick bulkier mons. These are all changeable if need be.

Skipper (Swampert) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 44 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Toxic
- Protect
- Refresh

Surf Swampert is my physical wall, handling Metagross and such. Pretty standard stuff.

Spin 2 Win (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Again, standard OffMie. Can help clean up late-game, removes the Spikes that plague my team, etc etc.

Bear Arms (Snorlax) @ Leftovers
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 92 HP / 116 Atk / 144 Def / 156 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Self-Destruct
- Body Slam
- Counter
- Focus Punch

Utility Lax is my special wall, and it's the only one of the last 3 that has any significant difference from the sample set. I ran Counter over Shadow Ball not only because Houndoom helps take care of Ghosts, but also because I needed a little extra oomph against unsuspecting physical threats like Metagross and Aero.

I'd appreciate any advice!

vapicuno

你的价值比自己想象中的所有还要低。我却早已解脱,享受幸福
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
My suggestions for the BLs are
Medicham: Baton Pass > Focus Punch - lets you trap more easily
Houndoom: Modest helps you OHKO Gengar

Another interesting possibility for doom is to use Beat Up so that you chip Blissey really hard for Starmie to sweep. I don't know if it will work, or maybe you might need Lum Berry, but it's an interesting idea.

You might get more mileage out of Modest for Starmie since you don't need to outspeed Gengar and you can OHKO a lot of stuff like Tyranitar and Claydol. Even dropping Ice Beam for another move like Recover might be possible if you can find a way to trap Celebi with Houndoom. But I'd probably just stick with the Modest change first.

Otherwise, lots of nice ideas there!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)