General Introduce yourself!

Hello, if this was a thread not meant to be ressurected, my bad.
So my favorite Pokemon of course is Blaziken, and I love VGC and Smogon.
Also, I am certainly looking for friends. :)
I feel like I should show you guys a funny timeline I made for Pokemon in the past and present.

197X: Mann Vs. Machine occours
1996: Pokemon is released
2006: First VGC championship occours, all pokemon allowed
2011: Se Jun Park hacks
2014: Se Jun Park wins VGC Worlds with a Pachiriscu
2015: Pokken will come to Wii U
2016: Se Jun Park wins VGC Worlds with a Delibird
2017: Se Jun Park wins VGC worlds with a Unown
2018: Se Jun Park wins VGC worlds with a Wobuffet
2019: Se Jun Park wins VGC worlds with a Furret
2020: Se Jun Park wins VGC worlds with a Rattata (That could actually work!)
2023: Se Jun Park owns pokemon and Aaron Zheng actually wins
2024: Pokemon are becoming existant
2025: Se Jun Park gets a terrorist attack from Smogon
2026: Smogon owns Pokemon
2028: Super Smogon Bans. Is officially released worldwide
2031: Jwittz and others start a rebelion
2033: VGC Pokemon are now only level 10
2033: Smogon is taken down and reclaimed by Nintendo by Se Jun Park's Pachirisu and Mega Rayquaza
2035: Aaron Zheng bombs smogon and Mega Rayquaza is allowed in VGC
2035: Aaron starts the great army of VGC and all players join
2035: Only Event legendaries are allowed
2036: Aaron Zheng becomes world president
2036: Almost every type exept for ice and rock is banned.
2041: 6v6 is officially established in VGC as a meta by Jwittz
2042: Se Jun Park revolts against the Jwittz Meta
2042: Digimon replaces Pokemon as the best competitve game, those loyal to Pokemon start an underground resistance movement.
2043: Pokemon makes Gen XXI
2043: Smeargle gets Prankster
2043: OU is now into VGC, and the official format is VGC
2044: Smogon has banned all of the Gen 13 Pokemon
2044: Riots in Seattle occour due to bad abilitys given
2050: First annual Hunger Games Occours
2051: Se Jun Park dies
2055: F-Zero Grand Prix occurs for the first time
2058: Nuka Cola outsells Coca-Cola
2060: People hate F-Zero for being an EA Sports game, Captain Falcon60 is released
2070: China nukes the U.S and Vaults are being produced by the millions
2XXX: Creator of this dies
2100: Pokemon gets a reboot
2138: The 50th pokemon gen is created
2144: No more energy left, everyone is forced to move to another planet found by NASA
2200: Last Pokemon found and more pokemon are produced on this planet

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
So sorry for the delay guys, for some reason I didn't get an alert for this. D:
Yo whats up Fam I'm the Robster but my PS name as well as Smogon name is Broken Phobias. HMU sometime for a great battle. My fav teir is monotype, my fav pokeman is golduck and my fav type is water. Ive been on PS for about three years and I've only been on here for like 6 months. Nice to meet you all
Hi Broken Phobias!
Nice to meet you! I think I've seen you around on Showdown once or twice. Monotype is also one of my favorite tiers, but although my favorite type is Steel, my main type in Mono is Bug. Steel does have a lot of great Pokemon, like my favorite, Bisharp, and Scizor. However, I've come to find I'm not that good with Steel, which is why I use my second favorite type, Bug. I only got into competitive battling maybe one and a half years ago, and created my Smogon account around the same time, but I only really started getting involved end of last year. Anyway, welcome to Smogon. Check out the SQSA threads or the Smogon Simple Questions thread if you need help, but otherwise, have fun!
Heya folks,

I'm Robert, been playing this game since red/blue while everyone at school was playing at the time. Played yellow after and then kinda stopped playing until pokemon gold and silver.
Since then I've played them all except white/black, I had no "feeling" with those whatsoever since they lacked all the gen 1 pokemon I grew up with.

I never bothered to breed or find the right natures, it seemed like too much of a hassle. ORAS however, simplified breeding so much that I really got interested in trying to form a competetive team.
I started breeding some pokemon and looked carefully at smogon what egg moves / ev-spread to use while doing so. I really like the idea of a tierlist, I've been doing a lot of random 3v3 matches the last 2 days
and it annoys me when I'm playing against a full uber team like Arceus, Xerneas, primal groundon and stuff >_> (Oh, my entire set of pokemon fall in the "OU" category actually).

As for favorite pokemon, I always really liked Eevee and the eeveelutions. In the past my favorites were Jolteon and Vaporeon but in gen 6 it's definitely Sylveon. Sylveon has carried me through a HUGE amount of battles.

I came to Smogon hoping I could actually play some real 6v6's sometime instead of the wifi random 3v3's and hop in some friend safari's to find the pokemon I can't get currently.. (Fletchling with Gale Wings :'( )
Hey Benzi!
How's it going? I didn't really find the first two generations interesting when I first started playing Pokemon, but now I wouldn't mind going back and trying them out. I have played every generation besides those two, however. I wasn't too much of a fan of BW(2) either, but I'm not exactly sure why. When I played through each of the games, I didn't really know what breeding was, so I never bred for Pokemon until Generation 6, but I still don't yet breed for competitive Pokemon. I like most of the Random Battle variants, so it is my most played tier, followed by Monotype. I play Ubers every so often, but I much more prefer using regular Pokemon to legendaries. I like Eevee and its evolution line, but I like a variety of Pokemon, especially Steel and Bug type Pokemon. Sylveon is a good Pokemon to have in Generation 6 as I have found, having saved me many times, too. Be sure to check out the Wi-Fi forum to find someone willing to trade you Pokemon you want. I'm sure many people have Gale Wings Fletchling. :) Have fun here!
Hello everyone!

I am 23, and am from Uruguay, that little country in South America.

My favourite pokémon is Lucario.

My favourite pokémon videogame might be Crystal, though I also like Red, Blue, and X (which is the one I began playing a few days ago) a lot. I'd like to meet friends here with whom I can trade, battle, and hang out online. I'd like to learn how to play pokémon in a good level (I'd like to know how to raise competitive pokémon, how to make a good team, and how to battle like the best).

I hope this will be a nice community. Feel free to message me, since I enjoy meeting new people.
Hello PrinceVegeta!
The only place in Central/South America I've visited is Costa Rica, although it was great. Visiting some other countries like Uruguay is an interesting idea to me. :) My favorite of the Pokemon games is Emerald, the first Pokemon game I played, followed by Y, which was the first Pokemon game I owned. Get involved with the Wi-Fi community to meet other Smogon users who want to trade, battle, or breed Pokemon, in addition to raising them for good stats. Take a look at the Smogon Simple Questions thread or the Simple Questions Simple Answers thread for help. Smogon is a great community, as I have found. I'm sure you'll have no trouble fitting in. Have a great time and I'll see you around!
Hello, if this was a thread not meant to be ressurected, my bad.
So my favorite Pokemon of course is Blaziken, and I love VGC and Smogon.
Also, I am certainly looking for friends. :)
I feel like I should show you guys a funny timeline I made for Pokemon in the past and present.

197X: Mann Vs. Machine occours
1996: Pokemon is released
2006: First VGC championship occours, all pokemon allowed
2011: Se Jun Park hacks
2014: Se Jun Park wins VGC Worlds with a Pachiriscu
2015: Pokken will come to Wii U
2016: Se Jun Park wins VGC Worlds with a Delibird
2017: Se Jun Park wins VGC worlds with a Unown
2018: Se Jun Park wins VGC worlds with a Wobuffet
2019: Se Jun Park wins VGC worlds with a Furret
2020: Se Jun Park wins VGC worlds with a Rattata (That could actually work!)
2023: Se Jun Park owns pokemon and Aaron Zheng actually wins
2024: Pokemon are becoming existant
2025: Se Jun Park gets a terrorist attack from Smogon
2026: Smogon owns Pokemon
2028: Super Smogon Bans. Is officially released worldwide
2031: Jwittz and others start a rebelion
2033: VGC Pokemon are now only level 10
2033: Smogon is taken down and reclaimed by Nintendo by Se Jun Park's Pachirisu and Mega Rayquaza
2035: Aaron Zheng bombs smogon and Mega Rayquaza is allowed in VGC
2035: Aaron starts the great army of VGC and all players join
2035: Only Event legendaries are allowed
2036: Aaron Zheng becomes world president
2036: Almost every type exept for ice and rock is banned.
2041: 6v6 is officially established in VGC as a meta by Jwittz
2042: Se Jun Park revolts against the Jwittz Meta
2042: Digimon replaces Pokemon as the best competitve game, those loyal to Pokemon start an underground resistance movement.
2043: Pokemon makes Gen XXI
2043: Smeargle gets Prankster
2043: OU is now into VGC, and the official format is VGC
2044: Smogon has banned all of the Gen 13 Pokemon
2044: Riots in Seattle occour due to bad abilitys given
2050: First annual Hunger Games Occours
2051: Se Jun Park dies
2055: F-Zero Grand Prix occurs for the first time
2058: Nuka Cola outsells Coca-Cola
2060: People hate F-Zero for being an EA Sports game, Captain Falcon60 is released
2070: China nukes the U.S and Vaults are being produced by the millions
2XXX: Creator of this dies
2100: Pokemon gets a reboot
2138: The 50th pokemon gen is created
2144: No more energy left, everyone is forced to move to another planet found by NASA
2200: Last Pokemon found and more pokemon are produced on this planet
Nice to meet you, Flash854!
Don't worry, this thread was meant for you to post in. It's just that I and the other welcomers have been pressed for time recently, and for some weird reason I didn't get an alert that someone posted in this thread. D: My favorite Pokemon has to be Bisharp, which has been my favorite since I discovered its existence a while back. I'm not too much of a fan of VGC, but I might try a second time to play it. If you're looking for friends, Smogon is a great place for that! We have a very friendly community with lots of diversity. As for your timeline, Pokemon are to become existent in less than a decade?! Awesome!! Anyway, use the Questions threads I mentioned above or PM me, Chesty, or Fluke for help. Enjoy your time here!
Yo, I'm Nick, 18, I love Pokemon, and I'm a total noobto Smogon. I set up a party and I'm trying to find an OU battle but it seems to be taking an exceedingly long amount of time... Can anybody help me?
Just saw your question, sorry for the delay. Sometimes the ladder gets really slow and it's hard to find a battle or just nobody's playing that tier (although OU is a really popular tier, so it's probably just the ladder). Otherwise, if you know that's not the case, try refreshing or restarting the browser. Welcome to Smogon!

Hello all!
I am an artist who plays casually, and loves pokémon designs. :)
I find playing competitively in PS strategically fun, and I play often, if not particularly well.
I hope to learn more and develop into a better player. And perhaps make a friend of two along the way haha
My first game was by Borther's copy of Fire Red on GBA, and I've been enchanted ever since xD

Hello all!
I am an artist who plays casually, and loves pokémon designs. :)
I find playing competitively in PS strategically fun, and I play often, if not particularly well.
I hope to learn more and develop into a better player. And perhaps make a friend of two along the way haha
My first game was by Borther's copy of Fire Red on GBA, and I've been enchanted ever since xD
Hey Dislogic, welcome to the site. Good to see some more artists joining Smogon! I'm quite curious what kind of things you make. Can you show me some? :)

If you have any general question for now, feel free to ask them here. Or just PM me, Chesty or QueBien about them. They're really nice people!

Happy to see I didn't get insulted like crazy. Heh. But anyway, thanks for your welcoming for me here, I will participate in some events when I can to get to know people on here.

Hey, I'm relatively new here. Rather I'm a new member but a long lurker, I've used Smogon forums as a way to learn about certain Pokemon's counters and strategies to use in Pokemon Showdown, however that was about a year ago before I quit pokemon, today I just got back into Pokemon Showdown. I've only played the games up till B&W and have yet to try X&Y and ORAS, so I'm technically considered a newb. Thank you, I don't know how to sign off, but I guess I'm in your care now!

Hey, I'm relatively new here. Rather I'm a new member but a long lurker, I've used Smogon forums as a way to learn about certain Pokemon's counters and strategies to use in Pokemon Showdown, however that was about a year ago before I quit pokemon, today I just got back into Pokemon Showdown. I've only played the games up till B&W and have yet to try X&Y and ORAS, so I'm technically considered a newb. Thank you, I don't know how to sign off, but I guess I'm in your care now!
Hey, welcome. I did the kind of the same thing as you; I always just went on my friends Smogon account, and I didn't feel the need to have one myself. Until I felt like I wanted to be a part of the site.

I'm telling you XY and ORAS are super awesome, so you're in for a really good experience. Imo, the shift they made from Generation V to Generation VI is huge.

If you have any general question for now, feel free to ask them here. Or just PM me, Chesty or QueBien about them :)

Hi everybody my name is DarkRider my real name is Ale i am italian! I just subscribbed to smogon! I love this forum!
I am new at the competitive and i subscribbed here to learn! My favourite pokemon is mega-Scizor! I wonna fight ou i will accept the challenge

Hi everybody my name is DarkRider my real name is Ale i am italian! I just subscribbed to smogon! I love this forum!
I am new at the competitive and i subscribbed here to learn! My favourite pokemon is mega-Scizor! I wonna fight ou i will accept the challenge
Hey Ale, welcome to the forums. Do you battle on XY/ORAS or Pokemon Showdown!? I personally like Wi-Fi more. Maybe we could battle sometime :)

If you have any general questions about the forums, just PM me, Chesty or QueBien! Or just ask them here if we don't reply ;)

EDIT: Oh, and here is an awesome gif of you favorite Pokemon:

Last edited:
Hey Ale, welcome to the forums. Do you battle on XY/ORAS or Pokemon Showdown!? I personally like Wi-Fi more. Maybe we could battle sometime :)

If you have any general questions about the forums, just PM me, Chesty or QueBien! Or just ask them here if we don't reply ;)
Thank you very muchi i play on everything but i prefer oras wifi! Absolutely yes i am trying to find someone for battle

I also like Wi-Fi better. Maybe we can do some battles soon? Let me know which tiers you like the most!
Absolutely yes! I prefer ou! Because i just began to do competitive AND i Made just one team!! And probably i have also greninja who is uber! I prefer a battle 1vs1 AND pokemon used exept for the leggendary pokemon you can use who you want!

Guess I'll do this *inhales*

Hey everybody, I'm Skeptical Spook. I got into Pokemon near the end of Gen III and I've loved it ever since. I've been lurking on Smogon for a while now, but only recently made myself an account when I decided to get serious about competitive battling. So, yeah that's really all I have to say about myself.

Guess I'll do this *inhales*

Hey everybody, I'm Skeptical Spook. I got into Pokemon near the end of Gen III and I've loved it ever since. I've been lurking on Smogon for a while now, but only recently made myself an account when I decided to get serious about competitive battling. So, yeah that's really all I have to say about myself.
Hey Skeptical Spook, welcome to the Smogon forums. I guess I don't have to show you around, since you've been lurking for a while already.. right?

What are you main interests? W-Fi or Pokemon Showdown!? And is it battling only? Or trading also? Let us know!

Hi, my name is Aida... I just joined Smogon community. My primary goal is to be hatching pokes, and looking for the matching user's TSVs for these lovelies. And my favorite Pokemon is Charmander line ;)

Hi, my name is Aida... I just joined Smogon community. My primary goal is to be hatching pokes, and looking for the matching user's TSVs for these lovelies. And my favorite Pokemon is Charmander line ;)
What's up Aida, welcome. To help you out a bit, a link to Smogon's Shiny Value Checking Checking and Reference thread. You can add your TSV using the given format in the OP.

If you have any other general questions about the forums, ask them here!

Hello all! :> My name is Kai and I'm new to Smogon. I've been playing Pokemon since 1991 with the very first Red version. You know, two colors, no animations, best MIDI music ever. \o/ I've played most main console games since then though I stopped at Soul Silver, which I'm playing now. Must say, I'm just not a fan with the crazier pokemon they have going on now--especially as an artist myself. (Sorry, just not into odd inanimate objects being the things I catch to be battle-pets.) I remember Crystal being the first time you could actually PICK to be a female--and they even had female pokemon and you can BREED them--WHAT!? Yes, I'm old and very proud. ;) Sadly I never got into hard-core competitive stuff though I wish I had. I recently quit playing competitive WoW and found out Pokemon could actually WALK WITH YOU in SS/HG (WTF) so I decided to fill my competitive video game craving with Pokemon! Won't lie though, my girly side comes out because I'm totally wanting to create a UU Team full of cute but strong shinies! ;) I last played probably a year or two ago and sad to say, I was one of those huge action replay peeps. Well, I'm not on day-2 and hour 12 of soft resets for this darn Cyndaquil >_< I'd love to learn real strategies and have some fun but be competitive too. I do prefer console games (doing SS now... after I get this darn Cyndaquil!) though I'm sure I'll try the BN( ? ) system here too :D Anywho, nice to meet you all!

Hello all! :> My name is Kai and I'm new to Smogon. I've been playing Pokemon since 1991 with the very first Red version. You know, two colors, no animations, best MIDI music ever. \o/ I've played most main console games since then though I stopped at Soul Silver, which I'm playing now. Must say, I'm just not a fan with the crazier pokemon they have going on now--especially as an artist myself. (Sorry, just not into odd inanimate objects being the things I catch to be battle-pets.) I remember Crystal being the first time you could actually PICK to be a female--and they even had female pokemon and you can BREED them--WHAT!? Yes, I'm old and very proud. ;) Sadly I never got into hard-core competitive stuff though I wish I had. I recently quit playing competitive WoW and found out Pokemon could actually WALK WITH YOU in SS/HG (WTF) so I decided to fill my competitive video game craving with Pokemon! Won't lie though, my girly side comes out because I'm totally wanting to create a UU Team full of cute but strong shinies! ;) I last played probably a year or two ago and sad to say, I was one of those huge action replay peeps. Well, I'm not on day-2 and hour 12 of soft resets for this darn Cyndaquil >_< I'd love to learn real strategies and have some fun but be competitive too. I do prefer console games (doing SS now... after I get this darn Cyndaquil!) though I'm sure I'll try the BN( ? ) system here too :D Anywho, nice to meet you all!
Hey Kai, welcome to Smogon. Ahh, I love the fact that Pokemon actually walk with you in HG/SS. I still remember the moment I found that out like it was yesterday, even though it's been about 5 years ago. Are you planning on actually joining the competitive scene, or not?

And on a side note, you told us you're an artist. What kind of stuff do you make? :)

Thanks Fluke! :) Right!? I still haven't really gotten to see it yet because I'm still trying for the darn shiny, hehe. I am! Though I'm not certain how competitive, yet. I used to play competitive WoW and it kind of sucked the fun out of it--I don't want to suck the fun out of Pokemon. So probably want to get into DPP/HGSS UU stuff. :) But hopefully can do it over the console! I'd still love to learn the whole updated OU competition though, just to know it and get better.

Oh, yes! I used to do a lot of pixel art. More like Secret of Mana / SNES games though (or Children of Mana) not like Pokemon, was a bit more style-istic. I used to do a lot of traditional artwork as well--paints and such, lots of animals. :) Yourself?? I see there are many great artists here, creating some of the awesome logos for the different forums and communities! They're very impressive! There was an old school pixel art one I saw that I quite liked.

Thanks Fluke! :) Right!? I still haven't really gotten to see it yet because I'm still trying for the darn shiny, hehe. I am! Though I'm not certain how competitive, yet. I used to play competitive WoW and it kind of sucked the fun out of it--I don't want to suck the fun out of Pokemon. So probably want to get into DPP/HGSS UU stuff. :) But hopefully can do it over the console! I'd still love to learn the whole updated OU competition though, just to know it and get better.

Oh, yes! I used to do a lot of pixel art. More like Secret of Mana / SNES games though (or Children of Mana) not like Pokemon, was a bit more style-istic. I used to do a lot of traditional artwork as well--paints and such, lots of animals. :) Yourself?? I see there are many great artists here, creating some of the awesome logos for the different forums and communities! They're very impressive! There was an old school pixel art one I saw that I quite liked.
Pretty dope art, I like it. I myself am a video artist, but not for Smogon, though. I do both analog and digital graphic design too, but not too often.

A place you should definitely check out is Smeargle's Studio. It is the place on Smogon where you can show off your creativity and artistic compositions :)

Fluke

thank you so much for the nice welcome!! I've found 3 people already to match my egg's SVs who are willing to help out :D

Pretty dope art, I like it. I myself am a video artist, but not for Smogon, though. I do both analog and digital graphic design too, but not too often.

A place you should definitely check out is Smeargle's Studio. It is the place on Smogon where you can show off your creativity and artistic compositions :)
Thanks! Oh hey, I used to do video production. :) I quite miss it to be honest! And that's awesome! Do you have a dA or Behance or other some such? I'll definitely check that out! Been wanting to paint this flareon/umbreon pic I have--just have to get around to it.

Still workin' on that shiny.... This is worse than grinding mounts in WoW.

Hey! Been battling somewhat compete timely for a while now. Though I typically just use my favorite mons , not much for a meta player... I am hoping to improve my skill and still avoid using any burrs and showdown has definitely saved me time by allowing to test teams out. Check out my youtube channel. Under this alias, stevedidthis, I make music videos and Web videos for bands.

Hope to see you in the field (:

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hey! Been battling somewhat compete timely for a while now. Though I typically just use my favorite mons , not much for a meta player... I am hoping to improve my skill and still avoid using any burrs and showdown has definitely saved me time by allowing to test teams out. Check out my youtube channel. Under this alias, stevedidthis, I make music videos and Web videos for bands.

Hope to see you in the field (:
Hey there, Stevedidthis!
I hope you're enjoying your time here! I have enough experience with competitive battling to have decent competitive skills, although like you, I tend to use my favorite Pokemon more. Sometimes here and there I might try to form a competitive team with Pokemon that actually fit well together, but I don't do that often. Showdown has helped me a lot to understand how the metagame works and how to choose members for a team, and it was because of Showdown I joined Smogon. Music videos, huh? Sounds pretty cool! I'll have to check it out sometime. :) Visit the Simple Questions threads or PM me, Chesty, or Fluke to get help if you need it. Have fun and enjoy your time here!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)