Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Do you randomly go through old questions just to be a douche? This was CLEARLY answered on page 166.
I fail to see how that's being a douche. He said he couldn't find any. I provided some, but if you deem it so then take it that way if you want to.

For any Mac users tired of relying on anybody to check eggs for them, VMware and parallels both allowed me to run Instachek on my MBP, I haven't tried it on my iMac yet.

Esmeya

For any Mac users tired of relying on anybody to check eggs for them, VMware and parallels both allowed me to run Instachek on my MBP, I haven't tried it on my iMac yet.
It doesn't work for everyone and some people have errors even when they try that. So, if you could write up something to explain how you set it up. That would assist the users.

Edit: If you have the time that is.

Esmeya

Alright I don't know where to find WPA setting?
Sorry but i don't know computers that well.
It's a setting on your router (chances are you don't need to change it, especially if you connected to the internet before this whole Instacheck nonsense) so, just double-check your setting and SSID/Password on your 3DS for the connection what 3DS error do you get?

is this the place to ask some one to do checks on pokemon cause i need some one to check 8 eggs i have please let me know if you will ill add you right away thanks

I tried as well, couldn't get it to function. What did you use? I tried using Parallels, I might try Dual Boot later. You're probably going to have to find Windows users to check for you for the next several months, the Mac/Linux user base is being kept in the dark pretty heavily regarding updates
I just tried Virtualbox and VMWare Fusion. Yea I've been having my friend check for me can't wait for the Mac version so I can do it myself.

Oh cool. I tried Vmware but failed. If you have time you mind sharing how you set it up or what your settings were?

Esmeya

I just tried Virtualbox and VMWare Fusion. Yea I've been having my friend check for me can't wait for the Mac version so I can do it myself.

Oh cool. I tried Vmware but failed. If you have time you mind sharing how you set it up or what your settings were?
I asked if they could write a guide or some-such for the Mac users to understand how they managed to make it work, but they never replied. Since everyone who stopped by that tried had errors :(

Last edited:
I have a usb wifi dongle you'll need one if you wanna use virtualization unless you have compatible hardware and required expertise to do a pci passthrough. If you have one its pretty straightforward just pass the usb device to windows in Vbox settings and follow setup as normal.

Esmeya

I have a usb wifi dongle you'll need one if you wanna use virtualization unless you have compatible hardware and required expertise to do a pci passthrough. If you have one its pretty straightforward just pass the usb device to windows in Vbox settings and follow setup as normal.
'tis for them, not I. Did you manage to get it to work for you with no errors? (Don't have a Mac can't test for others)

Maybe this is not the right thread to post this question, but I cannot find a more appropriate thread. Is there a list of users with their TSV willing to hatch eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)