Metagame Inheritance

The original Inheritance code wasn't designed with this reveal in mind. Also, changing the donor clause to two is impossible. I need to rewrite the whole thing, which isn't easy given the complexity of Inheritance. For now you'll have to make do with the current version. At least you know the correct evolution family, right?
While we do know the correct evolution family now (or at least one of the possibilities), that isn't much help when a Pokémon is "revealed" as inheriting from Eevee. The problem with it showing the earliest evolution is that now it's actually getting the abilities wrong in cases where the first evolution doesn't have the same abilities as the second or third. That said, that's arguably more in line with the donor clause being limited to evo lines instead of species, so if scpinion wanted to change it to that out of convenience, I suppose it wouldn't be too out of line... but I'd still prefer the reveal mechanic were fixed to do what it's actually supposed to.

Ok so I haven't seen a lot of mention of my favorite dude brelom outside of oh shit poison heal subpunch(which is scary lol) but how about technician?
Terrakion @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance
Item could totally be better but idk what else to use with it honestly maybe lum. So rock tomb becomes a very reasonably accurate and technician boosted stab move that lowers speed by one Mach punch sd and spore are all reasonably self explanatory. meta is pretty new but this looks like a pretty nice set imo even though it cuts you out of more brelom

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I have another set for Pheromosa:

Tsareena (Pheromosa) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Play Rough
- Acrobatics

This patches up Pheromosa's weakness to priority while still keeping HJK and U-Turn. It does have trouble with Fairies but it can just pivot out.

Also, I'm not sure if OU pokemon are supposed to be able to inherit from Ubers, but they can right now.
Example: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-527691804

Apparently Custap Berry is unreleased, which is unfortunate since I was hoping to give this guy a try:

Rampardos @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD / 0 Spe
- Metal Burst
- Endeavor
- Head Smash
- Superpower

Send it out when the opposing sweeper just killed one of your Pokémon (and there are no rocks/spikes up), endure a hit with Sturdy and OHKO anything short of Guzzlord with Metal Burst, then take advantage of the Custap Berry they probably won't see coming to either kill their next mon with Head Smash/Superpower or knock it down to 1 HP with Endeavor.

Oh, okay. Maybe Kingler then.
I said ash Greninja was activated with its own ability and if you remove it, Greninja cannot become ash Greninja. Honestly, use another water type instead

EDIT:
I have another set for Pheromosa:

Tsareena (Pheromosa) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Play Rough
- Acrobatics

This patches up Pheromosa's weakness to priority while still keeping HJK and U-Turn. It does have trouble with Fairies but it can just pivot out.

Also, I'm not sure if OU pokemon are supposed to be able to inherit from Ubers, but they can right now.
Example: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-527691804
according to the OP, they shouldn't

anaconja

long day at job
according to the OP, they shouldn't
Oh, well. If you want to abuse this while you can, you can use these sets:

Rayquaza (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Air Lock
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Extreme Speed

Kyogre (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Kyogre (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
I prefer this one:

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Mega-Launcher Origin Pulse is very powerful:
252+ SpA Mega Launcher Blastoise-Mega Origin Pulse vs. 252 HP / 120 SpD Mew in Rain: 406-478 (100.4 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It can at least 2HKO virtually the entire meta short of Chansey. And even Chansey isn't an issue unless it's Unaware:
+1 252+ SpA Mega Launcher Blastoise-Mega Origin Pulse vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Rain: 348-411 (54.2 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

anaconja

long day at job
I prefer this one:
Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Mega-Launcher Origin Pulse is very powerful:
252+ SpA Mega Launcher Blastoise-Mega Origin Pulse vs. 252 HP / 120 SpD Mew in Rain: 406-478 (100.4 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It can at least 2HKO virtually the entire meta short of Chansey. And even Chansey isn't an issue unless it's Unaware:
+1 252+ SpA Mega Launcher Blastoise-Mega Origin Pulse vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Rain: 348-411 (54.2 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Although Blastoise is stronger, I think Keldeo is better because first) it can hold an item, and second) it's faster. Blastoise does have more bulk though.

There is something disgusting

Breloom(Shuckle) Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
- Substitute
- Spore
- Seismic Toss
- Leech Seed

Substitute loses 1/4hp, poison heal heals 1/8, leech seed heals more than 1/8,so it never die if the foe has no grass mons or magic guard ,wow!

anaconja

long day at job
There is something disgusting
Breloom(Shuckle) Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
- Substitute
- Spore
- Seismic Toss
- Leech Seed

Substitute loses 1/4hp, poison heal heals 1/8, leech seed heals more than 1/8,so it never die if the foe has no grass mons or magic guard ,wow!
This looks like a great set. Unfortunately, Shuckle doesn't have enough HP to utilize this well (even its monstrous defenses don't help it) and even worse Speed (specifically, the worst speed ever) so it will have to take a hit before using Substitute. Here's a better set:

Whimsicott(Shuckle) @ Leftovers / Mental Herb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Substitute
- Memento / filler

Taken fresh out of 1v1. Due to Prankster Shuckle gains +1 priority so it can get Leech Seed up and then spam Substitute and Protect until the enemy dies.

Watch out for these, though:
Dazzling
Queenly Majesty
Grass types
Dark types
Magic Guard
Magic Bounce
Psychic Surge
Other Pranksters

Venusaur (Bellossom) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder / Synthesis

By inheriting from Bellossom, Venusaur gains Quiver Dance, allowing it to be an effective sweeper, while still maintaining its most crucial moves.

Someone in this thread asked for a viable Persian-Alola recipient. Enter Zapdos.

Persian-Alola (Zapdos) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 88 HP / 168 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Parting Shot
- U-turn / Switcheroo

Zapdos serves well as a physical tank, using Parting Shot to weaken the opponent so that switch-ins are easier. I developed this set namely as a direct counter to Kartana, although Zapdos has EVs set to guarantee a KO on Pheromosa with Thunderbolt as well. Fur Coat and typing lets Zapdos absorb hits from Kartana and other physical attackers. Scarf allows it to snipe the two UBs and allows Parting Shot to go before the opponent attacks.

U-turn keeps momentum up and deals heavy damage to frail Psychic types like Alakazam-Mega and Hoopa-U. You can opt for Switcheroo instead to cripple tanks and Eviolite mons, but I recommend taking out both Kartana and Pheromosa before doing so.

Zapdos hates Stealth Rock and Knock Off. Have Pokemon ready to spin or Defog, and keep a Knock Off absorber. Zapdos has no recover on its own, so Wish support is a must for longevity.

Here are two partners I use:

Komala (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Comatose
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin

Chansey will not be statused, and can slow-turn Wish to Zapdos. Rapid Spin gets rid of pesky Stealth Rock.

Chansey despises Knock Off even more, so we'll bring Magearna along.

Audino (Magearna) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Magearna plays the role of a Cleric/Special Tank. Wish for recover or support, Heal Bell and Toxic are self explanatory. Knock Off takes out items and deals damage. Fairy typing resists Knock Off and Normalium Z won't be put out of use by the opponent. It isn't just there to prevent knock off, though. Z-Heal Bell recovers 100% HP, to heal when Wish won't come in time.

Magearna can be switched with Tapu Fini if Fire types are an issue.

Im probably being an idiot here, but if i run this set:
Mew @ Mewnium Z
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
(inheriting from espeon)
its illegial.
Your team was rejected for the following reasons: - Mew's set is illegal.
WHY?!? ive looked through the rules and clauses and such but i dont see anything that prevents me from inheriting from espeon or inheriting onto mew, plus ive tried taking mewinium z off of it, but it still says its illegial. wat.

I think Baton Pass is banned. Also, you'd be better off inheriting from Venomoth and using Quiver Dance, Psychic, Roost, Sleep Powder with Tinted Lens.

Roserade @ Heat Rock/White Herb/Focus Sash
Ability: Drought
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Solar Beam
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb/Earth Power

Drought + Shell Smash is an absolutely terrifying combination, but unfortunately Torkoal's molasses slow speed and mono-Fire typing means he can't really take advantage of the gift he's been given. Thankfully in this meta, we don't have to worry about that too much.

Any of the three items listed are usable but I recommend Heat Rock to make sure the sun lasts as long as possible as Roserade is tougher to sweep without it. Solar Beam is the go to move as it OHKO's most things that don't resist it after one boost. Flamethrower replaces HP Fire in Roserade's usual arsenal. Fire Blast is an option, but the added firepower really isn't necessary and isn't worth giving up a guaranteed hit. Last slot is for handling either Tapus or Heatran, whichever is more annoying to deal with. Sludge Bomb gets STAB though which might make it more preferable.

I've only been playing with this thing for a short while but it's done remarkably well. Here it is in my first match with it sweeping an entire team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-527994163

yep, baton pass was the problem. it sucks because i wanted a slow bulky one to use genesis supernova then swap out. i might use that venomoth set though...

I haven't tested it yet, but in theory this guy seems like a good physical tank:

Golisopod @ Metronome
Ability: Sap Sipper
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Megahorn
- Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
- Synthesis

With resistances to Fighting, Ground, and Steel, plus an immunity to Grass, along with 140 base Def, it easily walls a lot of physical attackers, including Kartana (unless it knows Rock Slide/Stone Edge/Head Smash). Inheriting from Sawsbuck unfortunately means a tiny movepool; Bouffalant is also an option if you're willing to give up Synthesis to get a better offensive movepool. Metronome allows it to handle Unaware Chansey/Cresselia, who would otherwise wall it.

pizzq

Banned deucer.
Chansey (mew) @ Eviolite
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Transform
- Psych Up
- Knock Off
- Roost

i think this deserves a mention. chansey>blissey bc in hackmons u still get the eviolite boost so its probably the same mechanic here. psych up in case you are scared of transforming on a currently setting up mon (idk dont judge me). enjoy

Hello everyone I just want to share a team I have had success with in the mnm ladder. Now obviously the meta is still new and so there are plenty of threats yet to be discovered so there may be better replacements for the team's members further down the line but without further ado lets get right into the team.

Rayquaza-Mega (Pinsir-Mega) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aura Break
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Frustration
- Thousand Arrows

Mewtwo-Mega-Y (Pheromosa) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Drain Punch
- Flamethrower
- Knock Off
- Thunderbolt

Zygarde-Complete (Regirock) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Toxic

Registeel @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Defog
Giratina (Zygarde) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Transform
- Roost
- U-turn
- Heal Bell

http://m.imgur.com/B8EuqOi meaningless day 3 #4 peak but w/e it's still a peak

So as you can tell, this team called Chansey Hyper Stall henceforth focuses on pivoting either pheromosa or Pinsir to kill every mon on the opposing team. With 4 pivots the only mon which can cause problems are protean users but other wise everything else should be covered. Speaking of protean users, pheromosa is a very good one, and which is why it's on the team. Pinsir is a very good mon against offense because no offensive mon likes to take an aerilate espeed. Yiu may already have seen the team so the rest of this should be obvious but the aim of the pivots is to wear and tear down the opposing team through rocky helmet, toxic, u-turn and stealth rocks. Chansey is a great check to sheer force mons and can force a lot of switches when it transforms especially against setup sweepers. That's really it.

tl:dr
1. you've got 4 pivots
2. pivot in Pheromosa and Pinsir for a kill
3. ???
4. Profit.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)