SS Doubles OU I just want to know what I can do to improve this team

My team is pasted below for pokemon showdown. Im not looking for different pokemon, just move set and stat help

The strategy is to lead with Inteleon and Vikavolt and use a combo of Soak and Thunderbolt

:ss/Garchomp:
Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 208 HP / 164 Atk / 76 Def / 60 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 25 Atk
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
This is Toothless the Garchomp. He is pretty much here for fire coverage cause my team cannot handle fire types

:ss/Vikavolt: Red Card
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 76 HP / 100 Atk / 96 Def / 84 SpA / 52 SpD / 100 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Thunderbolt
- Agility
This is Tazer the Vikavolt. He is one of the two starting mons were he is the second part of my soak/thunderbolt strat

:ss/Pangoro:
@ Shell Bell
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 108 HP / 108 Atk / 112 Def / 84 SpA / 64 SpD / 32 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Close Combat
- Fire Punch
- Bulk Up
- Roar
This is Yacuza the Pangoro. He is here for the same reason as Toothless, coverage.

:ss/Volcarona:
@ Charcoal
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 92 HP / 32 Atk / 128 Def / 112 SpA / 60 SpD / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Sunny Day
This is Sun Bug the Volcarona. They are here for coverage for grass and dark types and its one of my favorite pokemon

:ss/Inteleon:
@ Mystic Water
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 68 HP / 68 Atk / 60 Def / 120 SpA / 100 SpD / 92 Spe
Timid Nature
- Soak
- Snipe Shot
- Scald
- Reflect
George the Inteleon. He was my starter in Sword. He is the first part of the Soak/Thunderbolt strat. He holds a lot of power on this team.

:ss/Ninetales-Alola:
@ Eject Pack
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 32 HP / 80 Atk / 92 Def / 140 SpA / 88 SpD / 76 Spe
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Substitute
- Moonblast
- Aurora Veil
Angel the Alolan-Ninetales. I feel like its CRUSAL to have a ice type on your team purely for hail and STAB Blizzard

Last edited:
Yeah this strat is overall very unviable due to fake out and redirection of soak not being good, the overall bulk of the metagame being able to take thunderbolts that they are even weak too not to mention you get dumstered by rillaboom. This is something that will get you past 1200 but doen't expect more than that.

also, you should read the rules before you post an RMT (rules state that u need 3 lines of description for each member) unfortunately, this will probably get locked by a moderator (im not a moderator) so you might want to edit ur post before the moderators see this. welcome to smogon btw :D

also if you're wondering:

small sprites ---> :pokemon-name: :lopunny-mega:
big gif sprites ---> :ss/pokemon-name: :ss/lopunny-mega:

when writing it out do not write "pokemon-name" you just type the name of the pokemon that you would like us to visualize.

also, you should read the rules before you post an RMT (rules state that u need 3 lines of description for each member) unfortunately, this will probably get locked by a moderator (im not a moderator) so you might want to edit ur post before the moderators see this. welcome to smogon btw :D

when writing it out do not write "pokemon-name" you just type the name of the pokemon that you would like us to visualize.
Is there a way to show that they are shiny?

Yeah this strat is overall very unviable due to fake out and redirection of soak not being good, the overall bulk of the metagame being able to take thunderbolts that they are even weak too not to mention you get dumstered by rillaboom. This is something that will get you past 1200 but doen't expect more than that.
What do you suggest?

sawamura

Banned deucer.
First of all welcome to the Doubles OU Metagame. In order to make a good Doubles Team you first need to read and Check a little bit about the Viality Ranking. The solution is to look for a Core that makes your game easier when it comes to Matchup, all of this goes hand in hand with a Build around the mon you want to use.

The construction of Ninetales and Volcarona is something that can work as long as you have a redirection which Blastoise and Indeede can work very well here. Indeede is an Option because his field prevents Fake outs and Enemy prankters like Cott. Lando > Garchomp as it is a better Rock setter and can come and go as it want.

You can add two free slots as long as you find a mon that can help you create a good core to get positive results in your favor.

Hey there! Unfortunately this hasn't had any activity in a while and it's sitting in an unlocked state. This team is completely unviable and you need at least 3 sentences describing what these mons do. I will have to get a moderator to lock this sooner or later, sorry!

Edit: Sorry for not saying this sooner or later, but please check out the Viability Rankings and Strategy Pokedex. It will help you to make better teams! No I'm not saying your team is bad, I'm just saying it needs to be really fixed.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)