I Hate the Chomp Ban so Here is an SS team

Having been swept so much recently by Life Orb Mamoswine and Deoxys E I decided to make a team that could handle Deoxys E and use my own Mamo one of the best physical sweepers in the game due to his excellent STAB moves. In this team I used a lot of my favourite pokes that have worked wonders for me in previous teams. This team is primarily a sandstorm team.

This team takes a lot of inspiration from TU-Faints team. I do not proclaim any of the spreads to be mine.

Shout out to Justinawe for testing the team with me and helping me to tweak it slightly.

I play on smogon so all pokemon have perfect IVs.[/FONT]

EVs 252 hp/128 def/128 atk[/
3 IVs speed
Relaxed
Levitate
Leftovers

Moveset
Hypnosis
Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock
Hidden Power Electric

This bronzong is excellent Gyro Ball rapes everything. Gyara has no chance of setting up other sweepers cant really set up either because of just how powerful Gyro Ball is. I can SR often and sleep something which is always nice. Stealth rock is necessary on every team now and this does the job well. It’s also nice to have a levitator on every team. 3 IVs is to out speed other bronzong while Gyro Ball stays at full power.

EVs 252 atk/252 speed
Adamant
Snow Cloak
Leftovers

Moveset
Ice Shard
Ice Fang
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Maomswine is the star of this team. Mamoswine is the ultimate dragon and steel killer. This is due to his huge attack ice shard and earthquake which doe loads to everything that resists ice. I chose leftovers instead over life orb for two reasons. With the sandstorm and the toxic spikes the loss in power has little effect. The second reason for life orb is that absolutely free revenge kill where a poke is on 10% you get lefties gain which works excellently with ice shard. It also means that they may think I am banded when at 100%. Mamoswine also ties nicely in with the sandstorm team due to his immunity.

EVs 252 Atk/252 speed
Adamant
Sand Veil
Choice Scarf

Moveset
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Dragon Claw

This is my revenge killer and late game sweeper. It is my second poke which is adamant 130 base attack and amazing stab moves and immunity to sandstorm. Usually revealed late game as Mamoswine can do most revenge kills. Fire Blast is for skarmory.

EVs 252 Atk/252 speed
Jolly
Sandstream
Shuca Berry

Moveset
Dragon Dance
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Fire Blast

DDtar brings the sand and a chance for a mid to late game sweep. I only like one set up sweeper on each team and this fills the job well. Jolly means that after one DD I outspeed all Base Speed 115. Fire blast deals with Skarm and Forre even though I run jolly this does well as I loathe the defence drop which debilitates the opportunity for this to switch in. Shuca berry enables me two get a second DD in while I have no LO recoil too. This is also my Heatran counter and it can set up nicely on it.

EVs 252 hp/252 def
Impish
Poison Point
Leftovers

Moveset
Earthquake
Avalanche
Roar
Toxic Spikes

Nidoqueen is my utility belt a Physical Wall, Toxic Spiker, Phazer, with an immunity to sandstorm it fits well into the team. Nidoqueen is bulky and not slow so it can often get toxic spikes up as well as walling Heracross and other fighting pokes. Nidoquuen is great as it also resist toxic and thunder wave so makes an ok switch into Blissey.The beauty of Toxic Spikes is that it will generally get everything into kill range for Chomp and Mamo as well as severely damaging walls. What I love about this is that setting up toxic spike is almost a secondary strategy as my sleepers often get to do their job first. Avalanche and Roar work really well against the popular set up dragons and roar can spread spikes around.

EVs 252 Sp Atk/ 252 Speed
Timid
Levitate
Life Orb

Moveset
Hypnosis
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt

I’ve always loved Gengar particularly this set. This generally causes havoc then dies pretty quickly. Hypnosis is for sleep if bronzing is taunted and thunderbolt is for Suicune, Vaporeon and Skarmory who do a good job at walling most my pokes.I love Gengar for its useful resists too. This will often come out before sandstorm so it should survive some time.

So there it is my sandstorm team. Chomp should not be banned from OU I hate the ban and can always deal with a threatening chomp particularly with this team. One of the best things about this team is that it deals with the two most common entry hazards really well namely Toxic Spikes (which gets absorbed) and Stealth rock which is neutral or resisted by everything.
I appreciate suggestions and comments. Feel free to test or it and tell me how it works for you and hopefully its success. This team has had a high win ratio for me about 80% too. Enjoy.

iKitsune

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)