XY Ubers Hyper offense

This is a hyper offense team a while ago and i wanted to get any help to improve it. This team can be easily be worn down by status.

Dragon Killer (Arceus-Fairy) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Recover
One of my main sweepers after sticky web, hardly anything will out speed it. Arceus-Fairy is good bulky offensive pokemon. Judgement is it main STAB move. calm mind will raise it Special attack and Special defense. Earth power will take out steel types and or anything else that resist judgement (fairy). Recover will help keep it alive. After a couple calm mind, arcues will do a lot of damage to the opponent team.

Terry (Palkia) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aura Sphere
- Flamethrower
- Spacial Rend
- Surf
My second sweeper of my team. I give it choice scarf to out speed other stuff. some special wall can take hit from easily. aura sphere and flamethrower are coverage moves while special rend and surf are it two main STABs. Scarf allow it non-scarf palkia and most of the ubers tier under sticky web. palkia can 2HKo a lot of the ubers tier

Mega to the Max (Lucario) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Extreme Speed
- Poison Jab
- High Jump Kick
The last sweeper on my team. Lurcario is my physical sweerper. hone claws is to boost my attack and accuracy for high jump kick to prevent it for missing. extreme speed is for priority. High jump kick is it main STAB. the last move slot is poison jab and it is for fairys like Xerneas and for grass types. Mega lucario is threat to most team with sticky web.

Giant Spider (Galvantula) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz
My lead and sticky web user. that main for sticky web is for my three sweepers. Thunder and bug buzz is it two STABs.Thunder get raised to 91% with compound eyes. giga drain is there to recover HP and to fill out the moveset. Galvantula is the fastest sticky web user and it can easily deal alot of damage. focus sash allow Galvantula to live a hit and still get up sticky web.

CAN I TROLL (Mandibuzz) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Whirlwind
- Roost
Mandibuzz is my physical wall. it can easily take hits. Brave bird and Knock off is it two main STABs. whirlwind is take away anything that try to set up on it. Roost is it way recover his Hp. it not alot to say about this set but it can wall alot of stuff that get throw it way. some thing that can wear it down is status and Xerneas at +2 and super effective moves. other then that, it will be hard to take down.

Rick Ross (Groudon) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Thunder Punch
Groudon is bulky attacker with a assault vest. it can take most hits and hit like a tank. fire punch is for grass that try to switch in and it get boosted with drought. earthquake is it main STAB. Dragon claw is for dragon's. thunder punch is for flying and water types. a downside is it get no sign of recover and stastus can easily wear it down. i may switch dragon claw out for something else

Last edited:

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Well first off, I don't usually think mandibuzz and CM arceus when I think of Hyper Offense.

That aside, your team has a few gaping flaws. A few of your sets are inferior, and you absolutely get wrecked by xerneas and kyogre.

Your Lucario set is irking me greatly. Poison jab is completely useless. You hit fairies just as hard with Bullet Punch, and that gets priority at least. Also Hone Claws isn't really any good, and High Jump Kick is pretty terrible with aegislash and other ghosts roaming around.
Use this instead.
-bullet punch
-Iron tail
-low kick/close combat
-rock slide/stone edge
Since most ubers pokemon are heavy, low kick will usually do its maximum 120 base damage, with no drawbacks and perfect accuracy. If you don't like it then use close combat, which always hits for its base 120.
Bullet punch needs no explanation.
Iron tail, while its accuracy is shaky, lets you power through xerneas. Since this is a sticky web team, Swords dance could be used over it.
Your last move really depends on preference. Stone edge nukes Yveltal, but has worse accuracy. Both destroy Ho-Oh.

You are also lacking stealth rock. Drop assault vest on groudon, and put stealth rock on him over thunder punch. Also put rock slide/stone edge on over dragon claw. A neutral earthquake only hits for 10 less power than a super effective dragon claw, and rock slide/stone edge nails yveltal and ho-oh. You NEED stealth rock or else ho oh will have its way with this team.
Since you're running webs, I don't think scarf palkia is needed. Use either lustrous orb or choice specs.
LustOrb:
-surf/hydro pump
-spacial rend
-Fire Blast
-Thunder Wave/thunder
Specs is the same but with thunder over twave. Always.

Replace Mandibuzz with Deoxys-Attack. Deo-a is stupid good under webs. Give it a life orb for more power, as deo isn't taking hits as it is.
-psycho boost
-knock off
-ice beam/low kick
-extremespeed
Lastly, you lack a reliable xerneas check. That's something to consider. I'd use a different arceus form there, but being on the phone rn, I can't think of something good at this moment.
Also shuckle is better than galvantula at webs setting.
-sticky web
-encore
-rock tomb
-toxic.
Give it a mental herb so you pretty much always get up sticky web .

Hey money12wolf! It does have some serious flaws, such as very sub-optimal sets and a Mandibuzz. Your team, in theory, has sort of a way of dealing with a handful of common threats, but this is mainly because Fairyceus/Lucario/Ground. Sadly this team is pretty prone to Defog Arceus removing your sticky web, which is very bad. Groudon and Choice Scarf Palkia both lure Defog Arceus in, and they cant do much back while Defog is being used. Lets get to patching up your team!

• So first off, Choice Scarf Palkia is very ineffective this generation. It turns into set-up bait for Xerneas, is defog fodder for Arceus formes, and lacks power in general. The Lustrous Orb set is almost always preferred as the offensive Palkia set. Choice Scarf is also kind redundant on a sticky web team, and I guess Palkia itself isn't the greatest on sticky web, but I'll keep it. Here is Palkia set I recommend. It doesn't have Thunder Wave, like the standard set, but Thunder is much more useful as you would rather hit Xerneas with a Hydro Pump anyway, and Thunder is nice for hitting Kyogre harder: 252 SpA Palkia Hydro Pump vs. 104 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas: 204-240 (48.6 - 57.2%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO, 252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 104 HP / 32 Def Xerneas: 212-252 (50.5 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid/Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Thunder

• Next is Groudon. Groudon is almost entirely outclassed by Landorus-T. Landorus-T checks Swords Dance Arceus better, as well as Blaziken and has a much better ability to pivot into physical attackers in general. Assault Vest Groudon can't set Stealth Rock either, Landorus can also go for an Explosion to prevent defog. There is little to no reason to not run Landorus here. This set is the set I run, it can outseeds Choice Scarf Kyogre under sticky web, and Choice Specs Kyogre without webs. I prefer this spread over 248 spe with an adamant nature because it gives you more bulk.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 156 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

• Galvantula is not something you should use in ubers. It is completely outclassed by Shuckle, as Shuckle can't get taunted, can prevent set up with encore and annoy switch-ins with toxic. Galvantula is really frail, and isn't all that strong. Shuckle is the only mon you should really use on Sticky Web teams. Shuckle also has the possibility to come back later and set Sticky Web again if it does get removed, something that Galvantula can't do because of its abysmal bulk. There really is no reason to not use the standard Shuckle set.

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rock Tomb
- Toxic
- Sticky Web
- Encore

And lastly, Mandibuzz. Mandibuzz is unviable in ubers, and I don't get what the point is of using Defog on a sticky web team either. Replace it with anything else, really. Some solid choices are Mega Gengar and Choice Specs Kyogre, but I'll leave this one up to you. If you would like more help with a replacement, tell me so :)

OPTIMIZATION:
Lucario: Use Swords Dance/Iron Tail/Bullet Punch/Close Combat with an adamant nature, its better really. You need adamant as it gives it more power so you can check Xerneas better, and Jolly isn't needed with webs.

Fairyceus: Don't use Earth Power, use either Fire Blast or WilloWisp. Willo is better to hinder a plethora of physical attackers, but Fire Blast is better for roasting steels. Try both and see which one you like better.

So that's it! Hope I helped :]

PS: Oml this lando hide box is giving me aids ,,,,, First there where 3 hides and now it just doesnt work at all ,, finally oml n_n

Last edited:

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Apples's suggestions are good.
If you want, you could also use U-Turn over Explosion, if you want. Not necessary really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)