ORAS UU Hyper Offense featuring Mega sceptile

Hey there! I've been experimenting with hyper offense teams recently and I've been playing around with mega-sceptile. Suggestions are much appreciated!

sceptile-mega.gif

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Energy Ball
- Dragon Pulse
- Leaf Storm

Energy ball and Dragon pulse, and Leaf Storm is there to snag ko's that energy ball wouldn't (and suicune). The main reason I'm running Earthquake like focus blast and hp fire is because earthquake covers up my fire weakness and scores more damage on Infernape and has a chance to KO chandelure compared to dragon pulse. Additionally, sceptile usually cant afford to miss a focus blast without taking massive amounts of damage, and hp fire loses out on the 1 speed advantage between scarfed chandelure, something my team has no legitimate switch-ins to.

473.gif

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def/ 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Mamoswine is here to deal with the steel types sceptile tends to struggle with, as well as pressure the fire and grass types that wall out sceptile. It also provides the key stealth rock support to guarentee ohko's from crobat, sceptile, and sylveon. Icicle crash/EQ and ice shard snags KO's against opposing sash leads against pokemon like aerodactyl, infernape, and azelf
169.gif
Crobat @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk
- Cross Poison

At this point, I realized that I was relatively weak to fighting and fairy types, so i decided to put in crobat to help ease off the pressure that comes from LO Conk, Av machamp, specs sylveon, and florges. Sleep talk is there for potential sleep powders from roserade. U-turn is there for tempo and cross poison is for blissey and florges when i wouldn't want to take any recoil damage myself.

395.gif

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Defog

I still needed some hazard control, and I decided that since I wasn't running spikes or a suicide lead, my team can suffice with defog for hazard control instead of tentacruel or blastoise. I mainly chose Empoleon instead of a poke like offensive salamence so i wouldn't double up on my ice weaknesses from mega sceptile. Shuca Berry is there to lure in swampert, krookodile, nidoking and nidoqueen and KO them with a hydro pump. Flash cannon is there to defeat the fairy types easier, and a good move to spam overall. The 44 speed EVs are there to outspeed uninvested swampert and physically defensive chesnaught, which both get beat by empoleon.

700.gif

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Baton Pass

Naturally, specs sylveon finds a spot on my team, completing the nice dragon/fairy/steel and ground/fairy core. Hyper voice is the main move i spam on sylveon, and psyshock and hp fire are for poison and steel types, respectively. Baton pass is there to gain tempo when predicting obvious switches,

680.gif

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword

Crobat alone wasn't enough to check the fighting types in the meta, so i decided to roll along with doublade. Although he still loses to infernape, he kills off machamp with 2 iron heads and a shadow sneak and tanks out non-knock off Conk. He's still an excellent check to rock types in case empoleon gets worn down, and provides physical pressure to make me less blissey weak.

Key Threats and Calcs

245.gif

Suicune can reign freely once my sceptile faints, or manages to use two calm minds. He avoids the 2hko from crobat's brave bird, and barely lives off an energy ball and leaf storm from non-modest suicune at +1 and +2 without high rolls.

392.gif 609.gif 244.gif 555.gif 479-heat.gif

These offensive fire types rain hell on my team. I do have a lot of pressure overall in my team, and they will have a hard time switching in, but once they do against doublade or sylveon, I'll probably have to sac a pokemon.

Sorry, i went a bit overboard with the calcs xD

Suicune

252 SpA Mega Sceptile Energy Ball vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Suicune: 188-224 (46.5 - 55.4%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Mega Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. +2 252 HP / 4 SpD Suicune: 204-242 (50.4 - 59.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

(Adds up to 96.9%-110.3%, which would be about 70% chance to ohko after stealth rock)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Suicune: 165-195 (40.8 - 48.2%) -- 7.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Fire Types, in order from least to most threatening to my team

252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 382-451 (96.9 - 114.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Doublade Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan: 155-183 (44.1 - 52.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Doublade Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan: 103-123 (29.3 - 35%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

(Guarenteed 2hko after SR and/or Flare blitz recoil, 73.4 - 87.1%)

252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 254-300 (79.6 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Infernape Fire Blast vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Sylveon: 123-145 (31.4 - 37%) -- 82.7% chance to 3HKO
(Not a switch in if its the lead set)

4 Atk Mega Sceptile Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Infernape: 208-246 (70.9 - 83.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Infernape Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Thick Fat Mamoswine: 234-276 (64.8 - 76.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 Atk Infernape Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mamoswine: 108-128 (29.9 - 35.4%) -- 21.1% chance to 3HKO

(Guarenteed ohko if these two moves are used)

252 SpA Rotom-H Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Sceptile: 260-308 (92.5 - 109.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

0 SpA Rotom-H Overheat vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Sceptile: 166-196 (59 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Mega Sceptile Dragon Pulse vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-H: 144-169 (47.5 - 55.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Rotom-H Volt Switch vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Empoleon: 156-186 (43 - 51.3%) -- 5.5% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Rotom-H Volt Switch vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Empoleon: 198-234 (54.6 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Crobat Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-H: 108-127 (44.8 - 52.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

4 Atk Mega Sceptile Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 170-202 (65.1 - 77.3%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Chandelure Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Sceptile: 222-262 (79 - 93.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

(Overheat will ohko 62.5% of the time)

252+ Atk Doublade Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 140-168 (53.6 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Sacred Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thick Fat Mamoswine: 296-350 (81.9 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after burn damage

252+ Atk burned Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Entei: 204-241 (54.9 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Mega Sceptile Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Entei: 192-226 (51.7 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

More interesting calcs :D

252 Atk Choice Band Crobat Brave Bird vs. 180 HP / 0 Def Nidoqueen: 256-303 (69.9 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Empoleon Hydro Pump vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Swampert: 195-229 (48.6 - 57.1%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Reactions: Ark

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, nice team you have got there. Offense has always been of my favorite style in UU. Onto the rate

• The first change I'd like to suggest is using Stealth Rocks over Flash Cannon. You don't really need Flash Cannon and this move allows you to run Life Orb Mamoswine and Knock Off over Stealth Rocks. Life Orb Mamoswine basically gives you the wallbreaker the team needed, being able to threaten the majority of the tier thanks to Ice Shard and it's powerful double stab. Knock off beats Bronzong which helps Sceptile a lot.

• At this point Fires type are still extremely threatly and to fix this you should use Dragon Dance Salamence over Crobat. Salamence allows you to deal better with fire types and also gives you an amazing win condition, able to sweep many teams late game.

• I believe you cant afford Sylveon on this team. Its bad speed allows huge threats such as Entei or Nidoqueen to basically come in to just kill something. The match up versus defensive teams is still shaky, that is why I'd like to suggest Calm Mind Alakazam over Sylveon. This set still does the job to threat defensive and balanced teams but it also has the speed advantage which is huge in many match up.

• One last optional change would be Cobalion over Doublade, you keep the steel type and the great win condition and you gain a great resistance to dark type which also makes the match up versus offensive ground types such as Krook or Mamoswine better.

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Icicle Spear

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Iron Tail

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge

I suggested a lot of changes but I kept in mind the original teams composition. Hope I helped!

Hey man, nice team you have got there. Offense has always been of my favorite style in UU. Onto the rate

• The first change I'd like to suggest is using Stealth Rocks over Flash Cannon. You don't really need Flash Cannon and this move allows you to run Life Orb Mamoswine and Knock Off over Stealth Rocks. Life Orb Mamoswine basically gives you the wallbreaker the team needed, being able to threaten the majority of the tier thanks to Ice Shard and it's powerful double stab. Knock off beats Bronzong which helps Sceptile a lot.

• At this point Fires type are still extremely threatly and to fix this you should use Dragon Dance Salamence over Crobat. Salamence allows you to deal better with fire types and also gives you an amazing win condition, able to sweep many teams late game.

• I believe you cant afford Sylveon on this team. Its bad speed allows huge threats such as Entei or Nidoqueen to basically come in to just kill something. The match up versus defensive teams is still shaky, that is why I'd like to suggest Calm Mind Alakazam over Sylveon. This set still does the job to threat defensive and balanced teams but it also has the speed advantage which is huge in many match up.

• One last optional change would be Cobalion over Doublade, you keep the steel type and the great win condition and you gain a great resistance to dark type which also makes the match up versus offensive ground types such as Krook or Mamoswine better.

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Icicle Spear

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Iron Tail

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge

I suggested a lot of changes but I kept in mind the original teams composition. Hope I helped!
Il try out the team like this, but I think I'll leave stealth rock and volt switch on cobalion .I'll also leave the set on empoleon the same, since I'll need the coverage for the fairy types now that florges is a threat.

I've also noticed that with SD doublade gone, I don't have great answers to calm mind cresselia, especially if mence and mamo are down. Entei and chandelure also remains a big threat against most of my team, since mence doesn't really beat them.

Thanks for the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)