SM OU Help with this Mega Charizard Y team?

Hey guys. I was struggling a bit with this team, it felt like it just couldn't break through some mons so I figured I could get some help here ^.^

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost

I started my team with the main mon I decided to build around, Mega Charizard Y. I decided to use it because it is an extremely powerful pokemon. I ran Focus Blast to be able to hit Heatran and Tyranitar (mainly) and solar beam because it helps break many water types, like tapu fini. One of my two special type sweepers/breakers.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Next, I chose Landorus-Therian. The choice scarf helps out speed and kill Tapu Koko and Mega Manetric, 2 pokemon that seriously threaten Mega Charizard Y. It also serves as a pokemon to switch into on electric types in general. Explosion helps do a large amount of damage to a pokemon as a last ditch effort, U-Turn of course helps with momentum and Knock Off is always useful, being able to knock off Chansey's Eviolite to make it easier to kill.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

I went with Celesteela next. It's amazing stats makes it a successful wall to many pokemon in OU, and be a general annoyance with Leech Seed + Protect. Heavy slam is a high damage, stab attack which can deal out serious damage to pokemon who don't resist it and flamethrower helps with coverage for Ferrothorn and such.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt

Next up was Latios. I needed a pokemon who could eliminate hazards, seeing as Charizard is 4× weak to rocks. I chose Latios over other hazard eliminators because its high speed and special attack make it also able to punch holes through many teams. Defoe for hazard removal, Recover for... recovery, Draco Meteor for high damage against pokemon who don't resist or are immune to it, and Thunderbolt for coverage (Mainly for situations that it might be in vs Celesteela, Skarmory and a move to hit steel types in general)

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

I needed a Stealth Rocker of my own, so my choice was Ferrothorn. It's high bulk allows it to take hits and get rocks up at the same time. Leech Seed helps it serve as a wall (as well as be a general annoyance), Knock Off is useful for scarfers that may want to switch in on it, as well as Eviolite mons, and power whip is a powerful attack that deals high damage. I opted to go for a Rocky Helmet variant so it can switch in on pokemon that may want to u-turn vs other members of my team, punishing them for doing so.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

My final choice was Keldeo. I went for Specs > Scarf because it helps Keldeo break throuh a lot of teams with Hydro Pump, which I find tends to find a lot of Ohko's and 2hkos. I use Hydro Pump and Scale just in case I need Accuracy over Power. Secret Sword for its other Stab, which also helps break Chansey even with the Eviolite, and Icy Wind helps with coverage for Zygarde and Non-Scarf variants of Garchomp.

Thanks for the help ^.^

My question’s what do you need to break? If it’s Fighting-types, then I would just replace Thunderbolt on Latios with Psychic or Psyshock.

The only fighting type really giving me trouble is Hawlucha. The team in general seems to encounter poor match ups VS opposing teams, so that's why I sent it to be rated to see if there is any changes I can make to change that

The only fighting type really giving me trouble is Hawlucha. The team in general seems to encounter poor match ups VS opposing teams, so that's why I sent it to be rated to see if there is any changes I can make to change that
Magearna after a boost absolutely destroys this team, try something like clef for walling him, koko and zard x cores do a ton v this team as well, so i suggest maybe using rock polish earth power mega diancie over zard y as well as trading out ferrothorn for clef as i suggested above, since u set sun and have 2 fire weaknesses

Magearna after a boost absolutely destroys this team, try something like clef for walling him, koko and zard x cores do a ton v this team as well, so i suggest maybe using rock polish earth power mega diancie over zard y as well as trading out ferrothorn for clef as i suggested above, since u set sun and have 2 fire weaknesses
I'll try that, thanks. By any chance do you have set suggestions? Like an import for the mons

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Rock Polish
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)