SM OU Help with Pokebank ou team

OK I'm going to go through the team I've been testing out on the suspect ladder which has got mixed results so far, therefore any help to improve will be greatly appreciated, anyway let's get into the team

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Fire Blast

I decided to start with garchomp because it hits hard with it's dual stabs although I prefer if any fairies my opponent has to be gone before clicking outrage so I may use dragon claw, poison jab hits those fairies on the switch and fire blast is to hit those pesky skarmory.

Tapu Lele @ Mind Plate
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Since I have a good physical attacker I put in lele to have a special attacker and is the second part of a FDS core now I'm using mind plate because I like being able to change moves against a stall match up and mind plate boosted physhock in terrain can 2hko chansey and it's good stab, I have moonblast for another stab move, shadow ball to hit opposing lele and hp fire to hit ferro and scizor

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect

And speaking off ferrothorn it's in to complete the FDS core and it gives me a water resist, I have spikes because I have a steath rocker which I will get into and more hazard damage is nice leech seed to have some recovery and wear down opposing mons protect to further recover from seed and scout moves and power whip to hit water types and not be taunt bait

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone

So here is my steath rocker and I really like it on this team we have rocks of course, wisp to cripple any physical attackers that switch in, and flare blitz and shadow bone provide good stab and hit relatively hard with thick club.

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic

After looking at my team so far I noticed the lack of a ground resist/immunity and a defogger which I chose mantine because it works well with marowak being able to switch in to the ground and water types that threaten it and marowak switches in to electric attacks aimed at mantine we also have a FWG core as well with ferrothorn defog is obvious scald for stab and possible Burns roost to have reliable recovery and toxic puts most switch ins on a timer if they don't have a cleric

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dazzling Gleam

For our last Pokemon we have tapu koko, thunderbolt is good stab and hits hard, u-turn is so I can switch out on a predicted alolan marowak switch in hp ice to hit ground types and dazzling gleam as another stab and a way of hitting kingdra super effectively.

That's all for this team please rate and again any help is appreciated

Last edited:
The general looks good team, although I do not like so much the instrument held by Tapu Lele, usually if not using Scarf using Specs although now using Tapu lele with Taunt and Life Orb that could be a good option, especially locks Smirgle something many pkm can not do, so I go to Lele choiche or opts for Life Orb, Marowak-Alola difficiilmente used with Stealth Rock + will-O-Wisp, but allows choosing one of the two, you could put earthquake or bomerang to hit pokemon as Heatran, as regards the others are fine pkm

Thank you for taking a look at my team I like what you've suggested for tapu lele and I'll give it a go, which move would be best to replace with taunt. I see what you mean about tran because it annoys my team other than chomp, so having something else to hit hard is helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)