Guitar Hero General Discussion

honestly, for gh4, any setlists without official confirmation are most likely false.

on the other hand, rb2's official setlist was leaked and i gotta say, i love it.

also i never found the whammy on the les paul so bad, it's the shit frets. i use the x-plorer anyway.

edit: also if anyone plays rock band on 360, anyone wanna play on xbox live? my gamertag is discord plus.

Discord I would play with you but sadly as I mentioned my disc is fucked up and gets a dirty disc message after I play any DLC song, and it only works in the first place on my brother's xbox (not mine, for some reason). In any case, I thought RB2's setlist was pretty good but am waiting on GHIV's to decide which one I want (NOT getting both lol). As for guitars, I use the Les Paul and have never had any trouble with it. I do have an X-Plorer that a friend gave me that I use occasionally and it works just fine as well.

As for GH4, this IGN article lists the 23 songs confirmed so far. My favorites are Jimi Hendrix and The Eagles, though I'll be happy to experience new music. However, I would love to see Led Zeppelin make it into the 85 songs with "Good Times Bad Times." If not, I'm sure I'll be happy with the great song list and (hopefully) a great amount of decent DLC.

As for GH4, this IGN article lists the 23 songs confirmed so far. My favorites are Jimi Hendrix and The Eagles, though I'll be happy to experience new music. However, I would love to see Led Zeppelin make it into the 85 songs with "Good Times Bad Times." If not, I'm sure I'll be happy with the great song list and (hopefully) a great amount of decent DLC.
That setlist made me soft.

RB2's setlist is a lot more appealing so far:

Peace Sells - Megadeth (=])
Battery - Metallica
Almost Easy - Avenged Sevenfold
Shackler's Revenge - Guns n Roses
Bodhisattava - Steely Dan (I heard this song was going to be fucked up hard)
Painkiller - Judas Priest (!)
Panic Attack - Dream Theater

Hmm I have never tried to play a Guitar Hero game or ever had intrest in it, but the more details I look into it I am getting a spark of intrest considering to get it, also on a side note I am terrible at learning how to play guitar.

Okay, I'm currently in the act of FCing Hit Me with Your Best Shot. I can FC the whole solo in practice, however I have trouble with choking on the fast strumming section in the real thing. I'm a pretty fast strummer, due to my strange strumming compared to some of the people I know (my strum is an upstrum that alternates between fingers, so it's like tapping the strum bar), but I'm alt strumming it right now. Should I stay like that or start up strumming it? (I end up with 100% most of the time)

Okay, I'm currently in the act of FCing Hit Me with Your Best Shot. I can FC the whole solo in practice, however I have trouble with choking on the fast strumming section in the real thing. I'm a pretty fast strummer, due to my strange strumming compared to some of the people I know (my strum is an upstrum that alternates between fingers, so it's like tapping the strum bar), but I'm alt strumming it right now. Should I stay like that or start up strumming it? (I end up with 100% most of the time)
Last time I played GH3, a while ago, I found that the at strumming at the end of the solo was the trickiest part. The problem is that the fast strums there are considered too slow to alt-strum but too fast to down strum (or up strum), so i suggest alt strumming at a comfortable speed.

TBH, I can't say much more than take it to practice and look for the correct speed. If you're talking about the fast strumming before the RYRYRYRYRY trill, you might want to hit the RY chord (I think there is one) with a downstrum, and if it helps, downstrum the last orange in the strumming streak (I haven't seen the chart in about a month, I'm not sure what it looks like.)

Best thing to do is strum really loud so you can count your strums, it helps.

*runs over to topic*

GH1 was nice, but I didn't beat it on Expert (damn you Pantera and Ozzy) and I can only 3 star BatM on Hard.

In GH2, I didn't play much on Expert before my controller's whammy bar was broken.

In GH3, I can't beat Before I Forget on Expert, since that bridge has some of the fastest chord changes i've seen, and even with a full gauge of Star Power, I still fail. I 5*'d the Buckethead song recently (not Jordan, the other one that's DLC for GH3). And I can't beat Lou on Hard.

The only GH game i've beaten completely on Expert is Guitar Hero Aerosmith. I still can't beat Green Grass and High Tides on Expert, since I keep failing at those diagonals in Solo 2. I have a lot of DLC for Rock Band, including nearly all of the monster songs (Metallica, Dream Theater, Megadeth, A7X, Thrasher, list goes on and on). I actually beat Thrasher on Expert recently out of total luck, but as you could expect, only three stars with a horrible note streak and percentage. I've tried to work on it, but I keep failing in the second solo.

So yeah, very fun stuff.

I only play GH3 to play TTFAF. Occasionally I try to play My Name is Jonas to try and get over the 365K mark, but some points are just missing. I play RB a lot and I have at least 40 FC's with DLC and I choke on other songs like Enter Sandman and Cherub Rock all the time.

I'm currently redoing my scores, and this is where I'm at now:

Easy: Top 200 (Around 150) 38/39 FC's (Raining Blood miss.....)
Medium: I'm like 130,000. I haven't tried to update it yet, but I'm expecting 36/39 FC's here
Hard: Around 1500. Not many FC's or optimal paths
Expert: 28,000ish. Not many redone, no optimal paths, 13 FC's

I'm pretty happy so far.

I'm currently in the act of updating all my scores into my score hero, and I have to really FC some of the easier songs that I just keep choking on.

For any of you who are interested, my scorehero without updates.

http://www.scorehero.com/scores.php?game=8&diff=4&username=Masterofidiots

Anyways, Ruby is just giving me fits. My best run (the one on scorehero) involved me choking on a simple hammer on from Yellow to Blue. I was understandably mad after that.

She Bangs the Drums I am -3 on, and if I studied the chord patterns near the end I think I can FC it.

My Anarchy in the UK score is more like a -1 one, I just gave up at the end and decided not to hit the last note in the hammer ons, but I can obviously see me choking there. The parts I choke on at the moment are that series of RY RY double strum before going into repetition.

Slow Ride is giving me fits as well. In practice, I can easily play the hammer on parts, but I choke in the real thing. tbh, i think with playing it a lot i'll eventually get it.

My name is jonas is the one that frustrates me the most. There was one time where I got past the "solo" but I had choked in the chorus, which ruined a very good path I had going for me, as it was right before the GYB chords, so I lost about 5k in points there. Like Slow Ride, I'm pretty sure that'll just take repetition for me to get.

Rather then those, there are a few songs that with practice i can probably FC. Talk Dirty to me I can FC everything except the YBO YG chord change, which I choke on.

Hit me with you best shot requires alt strumming practice for me, and Miss Murder seems pretty easy if I time my alt strum right.

Sunshine of your love and School's out just require solo practice.

This thread is actually making me want to sit down and play GH3. Does anyone else use Hyperspeed? I put mine at 2 just because its about the same as GH2 was.

Hyperspeed is a mentality that helps with alt strumming and double (or triple) strums. It's good for the fact that you can clearly see each not, and in your head, it looks like you have more time to prepare. I myself don't use it though.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I am a big fan of all Guitar Hero games. I would normally be posting some of my accomplishments, but my 360 borked so I can't touch GH3 for a few weeks (or the new Dragonforce DLC =( ), so I am stuck with GH2 on my old PS2, trying to improve my 5* of Jordan.

Also, if some of you forgot, microgamer2vs2, a prominent GH2 player and the first person to get over 400K on Jordan, is a member of smogon.

This thread is actually making me want to sit down and play GH3. Does anyone else use Hyperspeed? I put mine at 2 just because its about the same as GH2 was.
HS3. IIRC GH2's HS is like 1.5 >_> as wierd as that sounds.

Also I have 40 FCs on RB my best being Brainpower lol. Rekt, do you go on Scorehero by any chance? Might have seen you there.

I pulled off a fucking impressive feat today. I FCed the Red Snake section on TTFAF one handed, three fingers on Full Speed. For anyone who doesn't know, the Red Snake is a giant zigzag in the section So Far Away III that is charted at 26.67 notes per section. I got it really quickly too as i never bothered practicing the snake before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAtqp2bwnHI

I love Guitar Hero. GH3 is the only one I own; I burn some time on it every so often. I can beat most of my friends, but I know you guys would whoop my ass. I'm limited to the easier songs on expert such as The Seeker, Welcome to the Jungle, and My Name is Jonas. I may have passed TTFAF once on hard, I can't remember. >_>

I haven't looked into World Tour or Aerosmith. I think I will soon.

I go there and post occasionally mostly in Misc GH discussion and General Chat. I would make an accomplishment thread but I don't have the patience to use any sort of SP path so I go for FC's not for scores.

Edit- I'll send you a FR on Live once I get the chance and we can play or something.

I go there and post occasionally mostly in Misc GH discussion and General Chat. I would make an accomplishment thread but I don't have the patience to use any sort of SP path so I go for FC's not for scores.

Edit- I'll send you a FR on Live once I get the chance and we can play or something.
Yeah I cba to go for scores, FCs are more impressive tbh. I don't really care about squeezing as I can't activate with select for my life. I barely play full songs, I just play shit in practice mode that's actually fun.

I have the smallest hands out of anyone I know. It clearly doesn't make a difference as I'm also the best I know.

Yeah, the key thing is to be able to make a quick shift while hitting orange. (unless you have to reach ridiculous chord changes like the way it end intro Green Blue Orange split)

With the release of GHWT today I decided to bump this. I'm pumped, the game is wonderful. I just got a sightread FC on Float On by modest mouse, am 8-0 on xbox live and loving the custom songs. Great Game!

I recently started playing GH3 (like, 3 weeks ago) and I'm still kinda bad at it, slowly getting better. I am playing on Medium currently and I can't imagine how frustrating it will be to play in Hard since you have to ACTUALLY move your hand in conjuction with your fingers since there are 5 buttons and you only have 4 fingers :( this is really fun though especially if you are a rock/metal fan

welcome to the jungle/paranoid are my best/favorite songs yeaaaaaah

i am totally getting world tour though if not only for Vicarious
jesus fuck vicarious.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
I am going to hold off with Guitar Hero: World Tour at the moment. My 360 finally came back today, so I want to focus my efforts at mastering GH3 first, considering that I got laid off and I am on a tighter budget. I also got the chance to finally play the Dragonforce DLC and managed to pass Operation Ground and Pound and Heroes of Our Time (Still No 5*).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)