NOC Great Idea Mafia-Game Over! Mafia, vonFiedler, and More Cowbell win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

approved by askaninjask
based on this mafiascum game
0900 hours
Aboard the Starship Heart of Gold

Arthur Dent sat in a chair next to the Nutrimatic Drink Dispenser, as he had been for quite some time. The floor around the rather average British man was covered in crushed Styrofoam cups and a foul liquid which tasted almost, but not entirely, completely unlike tea.

Place your order, sir.

“I’d like some tea.” he said, placing another cup underneath the machine’s nozzle.

Dispensing,” crooned the machine as it filled the cup to the brim. Arthur took a drink, then spat it out, crushed the cup, and tossed it to the side.

“Arthur! What the hell are you doing?” shouted Ford Prefect, who had just run in from the other room. “We’re firing up the Infinite Improbability Drive! Remember what happened last time we tried to use it while you were trying to get that confounded machine to make you tea?”

“Vaguely, yes.” Arthur sighed and turned back to the machine. “I’d like some tea,” he said again.

Engaging drive,” the ship’s computer announced through the speaker. The ship began to curve and flex in mysterious, increasingly improbable ways. Matter appeared, blinked, and then spontaneously disappeared. A flower pot appeared, then immediately thought “oh no, not again”.

“I’d like some tea.”

“Will you bloody stop it?” shouted a rather penguin-like Ford.

Reaching Infinite Improbability in 3...2...1…zero…

As the computer finished enunciating the o in zero, a group of fifteen or so people appeared from nowhere.

Ford Prefect, mysteriously returned to human form, noticed the people standing there. “Who the bloody hell are you lot?”

The fifteen players said nothing.

“Oh well,” he muttered to himself, “just the drive going crazy again. You lot! Do what you got to do quick, and then get out of here, you hear me?”

0. shinyskarmory is your host, and the RNG is your god. I have the right to resolve any disputes that may arise in any way I see fit.

0. This game is No Outside Communication. That means you may not communicate AT ALL outside the game thread, unless your role PM says so. Any violations of this rule will result in you being godkilled in whichever way I feel would be most damaging to you and your team. You are also forbidden to edit or delete your posts. Also, once you’re dead, you may not communicate with players still alive unless you are in an anti-town faction, in which case you may talk to your teammates only. There will be a deadchat.

1. Basic Day Rules-This game is a Day Start game. Each Day phase will last 72 hours minimum, with extensions of 72 hours, 48 hours, and 24 hours earnable based on activity (see Rule 3). During the Day, you may vote to lynch any other player by posting “Day X-Lynch <USER>” in bold. To change your vote, simply post “Unvote” in bold, and then post your new vote. If majority is reached, then the player will be immediately lynched; however, at the end of the day, any player with a plurality of votes will be lynched.

2. Day Rules: Special Circumstances-
  • If, at the end of any day, the vote is tied, then the player involved in the tie with the most TOTAL votes (all votes that were cast, even if they were later changed) during the day will be lynched. If it is still a tie, no player will be lynched.
  • If majority is reached but a vote is changed before I can update, the existing majority will stand and the player will still be lynched.
  • Votes for dead players or players not in the game are void.
  • On MYLO/LYLO days, a majority MUST be reached in order for a lynch to occur.
3. Earning Extensions-When there are approximately 12 hours remaining in a Day Cycle, I will post an Activity Review along with one of the vote counts. If I find your activity since the beginning of the day and/or the last extension to be satisfactory, I will extend the deadline for the day. Deadline extensions will be 72 hours for the first extension, 48 for the second, 24 each for the third and fourth (with no further extensions), for a maximum day length of 10 IRL days if all possible extensions are earned.

4. Night Rules-At night, if you have an action, respond to the conversation with your role PM to use it. You may also use said conversation to ask me any questions you feel need to be private. If you have an action that you would prefer not to use, you MUST send me a PM telling me so. Nights will last 24 hours UNDER ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, even if all actions are sent in faster.

5. Inactivity-Please don't do it. Lurking makes the game worse for everybody. If you don't post in the thread at least every 24 hours or so, you'll get a warning. If inactivity continues, you'll be subbed out if I have one available. The same goes for night actions-miss more then one and I'll sub you out. If you inform me about absences beforehand, we can talk about giving you a temporary replacement instead of a full sub. If you don't, I have no choice but to just sub you out.

6. Role Distribution: After signups conclude, I will use Random.org to distribute a random role from the list below to each player in the game. No player will get the same numbered role as another player; however, duplicate roles do exist and can be given out. The first setup meeting the following criteria will be used:
  • village must have greater than 50% of the votes on Day 1 (i.e. if every villager was cleaned D1, they would be able to win a lynch against a known mafian or third party)
  • the mafia faction may be no larger than 33% of the game size
  • there may be no more then 3 neutrals
Any amusing setups created by the RNG that I don’t end up running will show up in postgame.

7. The Jackass Clause-Don’t be one. This obviously applies to stuff like intentionally screwing over your team/allies, constant verbal abuse of other players in the game, deadtalking, but can also be extended to anything else I deem to be jackassery. You’ll be subbed or godkilled, pretty much. Unintentional poor play is not included in this clause.

8. The Fun Clause-This is not a 100% serious game. Balance is NOT guaranteed. With that in mind, relax a bit and have fun. You still need to pay attention to posts and try to win, but keep everything relaxed.

9. The Elastic Clause-I reserve the right to change the rules of this game at any time for any reason.

Added Day 1:

10. Host Screwups-They will happen every now and then. If a host screwup occurs that affects gameplay, it will be undone or resolved to the best of my ability. If the mistake occurs during the day, and players would have voted differently (in my judgement) if the screwup had not occured, then the vote count will be reset. Additionally, any Hosting Error that occurs will increase the odds of a deadline increase at the next Deadline Review.

1. Vanilla Town-no special abilities
2. Vanilla Town
3. Vanilla Town
4. Vanilla Town
5. Vanilla Town
6. Vanilla Town
7. Vanilla Town
8. Vanilla Town
9. Vanilla Town
10. Vanilla Town
11. Watcher-sees who targeted a player at night
12. Watcher
13. Watcher
14. Tracker-sees who a player targeted at night
15. Tracker
16. Cop (sane)-Gets results of “Town”, “Not Town”, or “No Result” if hooked
17. Cop (insane)-Results reversed. Does not know they are insane.
18. Cop (amnesiac)-Results are not given, revealed to all players upon death.
19. FBI Agent-Gets results of “Serial Killer” or “Not Serial Killer”
20. Talent Scout-Is told what ability a target used
21. Deputy-Gains the ability of the first village-aligned inspector to die (roles 11-20)
22. Deputy
23. Bulletproof Townie-Survives the first kill used upon them
24. Bulletproof Townie
25. Bodyguard-Protects target from all kills used on them, at the cost of their own life
26. Bodyguard
27. Doctor (sane)-Protects target from all kills used on them
28. Doctor (paranoid)-Protects target from all kills, but also prevents them from using their night action
29. Doctor (weak)-Protects target from all kills used on them, dies if he targets anti-town players
30. Doctor (weak)
31. Hider-Immune to kills, dies if he hides behind an anti-town player or if the person he hides behind is killed
32. Hider
33. Hider
34. Nurse-Gains the ability of the first village-aligned protector to die (roles 23-30)
35. Nurse
36. Nurse
37. Town Innocent Child-Confirmed clean on day 1
38. Town Innocent Child
39. Miller-inspects as mafia, knows they are miller, alignment revealed upon death
40. Butcher-inspects as serial killer, knows they are butcher, alignment revealed upon death
41. Wrong Place at the Wrong Time Townie-always appears to have targeted the player who was killed at night
42. Enigmatic Townie-Comes up “no result” to all inspections, as if the inspector was hooked
43. Parolee-lynched with one vote less then majority
44. Paranoid Gun Owner-shoots any player who targets him at night
45. Mason-Can talk privately with any other Masons at night
46. Mason
47. Mason
48. Mason Leader-can talk with any other masons, and can also recruit new Masons
49. Mason Leader
50. Governor-Can cancel the lynch once in the game
51. Vengeful Townie-Upon being lynched, kills the last person who targeted them
52. Mayor-Vote counts twice
53. Mayor
54. Day Vigilante-Can shoot another player once during the day
55. Day Vigilante
56. Mafia Goon-Standard Mafia member. No special abilities.
57. Mafia Goon
58. Mafia Goon
59. Mafia Goon
60. Mafia Goon
61. Mafia Goon
62. Mafia Goon
63. Mafia Goon
64. Mafia Roleblocker-Prevents target from using their ability
65. Mafia Roleblocker
66. Mafia Roleblocker
67. Mafia Roleblocker
68. Mafia Godfather-Comes up “town” on cop inspection, “Not Serial Killer” on FBI inspection, and “No Ability” on Talent Scout inspection.
69. Mafia Godfather
70. Mafia Godfather
71. Mafia Talent Scout-Is told the ability of their target, but not their alignment
72. Mafia Talent Scout
73. Mafia Talent Scout
74. Mafia Ninja-Upon carrying out mafia kill, Trackers get “No Result” and Watchers do not detect
75. Mafia Janitor-Upon carrying out mafia kill, only the dead player’s name and alignment are revealed.
76. Serial Killer (basic)-Nightly kill. Wins if they are the last player standing
77. Serial Killer (basic)
78. Serial Killer (basic)
79. Bulletproof Serial Killer-The first kill attempt on him is blocked-normal SK otherwise
80. Poisoning Serial Killer-Targets are informed they were poisoned, then die the next night
81. Alpha Serial Killer-Comes up “Town” to Cop inspections, nightly kill
82. Copycat Serial Killer-Gains the role of anyone he killed for one night
83. Recruiting Serial Killer-Can recruit one player in the game
84. Commuting Serial Killer-If chooses not to kill, causes anyone who targets him to fail and inspectors get “No Result”
85. Lynchproof Serial Killer-Survives first lynch attempt against him
86. Lover-3rd party, wins if they and their partner both survive
87. Lover
88. Lover
89. Lover
90. Compulsive Nymphomaniac-On Night 1, recruits one player to be a Lover with him
91. Lyncher-Randomly assigned target, wins if their target is lynched
92. Lyncher
93. Politician-Wins if he has the most total votes when the game ends, must survive
94. Politician
95. Pacifist-Wins if there is ever a No Lynch followed by a no kill night
96. Pacifist
97. Traitor-allied with mafia but does not know their names, wins if the mafia wins. Mafia is told that they have a traitor aligned with them, but does not know who it is unless they attempt to kill him, in which case it will fail.
98. Traitor
99. Traitor
100. Traitor

Original Great Idea Mafia
Signups

Day 1 Vote Counts:
VC 1 (below this post)-VC 2-VC 3-VC 4+DR-VC 4.5 (sub)-VC 5-VC 6-VC 7 (another sub)
Day 1 Lynch, Start N1

Day 2 Vote Counts:

(8) Stayin’ alive, stayin’ alive (ooh ooh ooh ooh)
(alphabetical order)

1. Ace Emerald
4. Celever
5. Da Letter El Tesung
6. Empoof spiresquire
10. More Cowbell
11. Obbmud99
12. Paperblade PokeguyNXB vonFiedler
15. Walrein cxinlee

(7) SPAAAAACCCCCEEEEEE

7. Felony-Village-Town Deputy-Lynched Day 1
2. Blue_Tornado-Village-Town Cop-Killed Night 1
14. UllarWarlord-Neutral-Neutral Pacifist-Lynched Day 2
3. Cancerous-Village-Town Innocent Child-Revealed Day 1, Killed Night 2
9. Memoric Nitrox116-Village-Town Mayor-Killed Night 3

13. starwarsfan-Mafia-Mafia Goon-Lynched Day 4
8. LightWolf-Village-Town Miller-Killed Night 4

(0) Replacement Robots (complete with Genuine People Personalities (TM))
(courtesy of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation)

Do not post yet, please. I am sending out role PMs as I speak.

Last edited:
The group of 15 people were standing around doing nothing at all. Trillian had gotten the idea that it would have been fun to walk around handing out slips of paper.

She finished and returned to the ship's bridge.

The 15 people kept silently standing. It was eerie.

"What the hell's wrong with you lot?" Ford Prefect demanded. "Get to it!"

Day 1, Vote Count 1

Ace Emerald (0):
Blue Tornado (0):
Cancerous (0):
Celever (0):
Da Letter El (0):
Empoof (0):
Felony (0):
LightWolf (0):
Memoric (0):
More Cowbell (0):
Obbmud99 (0):
Paperblade (0):
starwarsfan (0):
UllarWarlord (0):
Walrein (0):

Not Voting: Everyone

Next Vote Count: 4:00 PM EDT (GMT-4) on April 27th (~24 hours away).
Next Deadline Review: 4:00 PM EDT (GMT-4) on April 28th (~48 hours away)
Deadline currently set at: 4:00 PM EDT (GMT-4) on April 29th (~72 hours away)

All role PMs should be sent, please PM me if you should have one but don't.

You can talk now.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Lynch Empoof

RANDOM.ORG has spoken. Sorry Empoof! :p

Oh btw, I would recommend that all of you guys watch this thread, just so that you don't miss anything if possible.

Flavor Scene Incoming!

Trillian returned to the room. "Are they still just pointing fingers at each other?"

"Yes," Ford replied, draining another cup of whatever foul liquid the Nutrimatic Drink Dispenser put out. "It's rather boring, if you ask me."

Trillian looked closer at the crowd. One of the fifteen people assembled seemed to be shorter then the rest, and she ran in and yanked him out. "Look at this one! He can't be older then eight!"

"He's Cancerous," Arthur said rather laconically. "I'd like some tea."

"He's completely innocent! How could he be cancerous?"

Ford chimed in before Trillian had a coronary episode. "No, Arthur meant that his name is actually Cancerous."

"You can't make this stuff up," the boy added. "Reality is unrealistic."

"I like this one," Arthur said. "Get back in with the rest of them," he continued, before shouting,"Oy! You lot! This one's innocent, don't kill him."

"The Infinite Improbability Drive must be drunk..." Trillian muttered as she returned to the bridge.

A new rule has been added, effective from this point onwards:

New Rule said:
10. Host Screwups-They will happen every now and then. If a host screwup occurs that affects gameplay, it will be undone or resolved to the best of my ability. If the mistake occurs during the day, and players would have voted differently (in my judgement) if the screwup had not occured, then the vote count will be reset. Additionally, any Hosting Error that occurs will increase the odds of a deadline increase at the next Deadline Review.
A Hosting Error has been made. Each Hosting Error that occurs increases your odds of a favorable judgement at the next Deadline Review. Of course, activity doesn't hurt either.

A role has been revealed!

Cancerous-Village-Town Innocent Child-Revealed Day 1

Day 1, Vote Count 2 (Majority is 8 votes)

Ace Emerald (0):
Blue_Tornado (0):
Cancerous (0):
Celever (1): LightWolf
Da Letter El (2): Felony Blue_Tornado
Empoof (1): Celever
Felony (2): Memoric
LightWolf (0): Empoof
Memoric (0):
More Cowbell (1): Obbmud99
Obbmud99 (1): More Cowbell
Paperblade (1): Walrein
starwarsfan (0):
UllarWarlord (4): UllarWarlord Ace Emerald Da Letter El Cancerous L-4
Walrein (1): Paperblade Blue_Tornado

Not Voting: starwarsfan

Host Mistake Tally since most recent Deadline Review: 1
Overall: 1

Next Vote Count: 4:00 PM EDT (GMT-4) on April 27th (~6 hours away).
Next Deadline Review: 4:00 PM EDT (GMT-4) on April 28th (~30 hours away)
Deadline currently set at: 4:00 PM EDT (GMT-4) on April 29th (~54 hours away)

Because there were no votes on Cancerous at the time he PMed me about the mistake, I see no reason to reset the vote count.

Carry on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)