Playoffs Grand Slam VII - FINALS [Won by Pearl]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Pearl (55 - UU, RU, Ubers, LC) vs (45 - NU) Teddeh - Close series that can go either way. Pearl has been my favorite all along, so I’m sticking with it here. His UU and RU I haven’t predicted against yet I don’t believe and I do not intend to start here. His NU I have been quite high on, too, but I think only a small handful of people are 50/50 or higher against Teddeh in current NU, so I’ll give the PU main a marginal edge there (similar to Pearl in UU here, who is a top player against a very capable opponent in the metagame like Teddeh, who is coming off a great UU Open run). Ubers and LC I cant pinpoint, but I favor Pearl naturally due to resilience, dedication, support, and level of play. The latter most is near equal admittedly, but I think Pearl has a bit more of a veteran vibe, so he won’t mind the pressure as much if it comes into play. The rest of the factors are huge — Pearl gets to know his stuff, understand his teams, etc. and I’m not as familiar with Teddeh, but I feel he is going to have to put in major work there to be on par with a more than capable opponent and I’m not confident that this’ll happen and he will execute. Both are deserving as players anyway, but favoring and rooting for Pearl.

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Pearl is one of the best lower tier players of all time. He was a top BW RU and UUer. Top ORAS RU UU NU. God knows he's good at all the SMs. I cannot think of a player more deserving of winning this tournament.

Either way though, the winner of this has the chance to join some elite company--Ciele, Badass, Lowgock, and Level56 are all truly exceptional players--so grats to both Teddeh and Pearl for making it this far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)