Tournament Gods Among Us - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD

Gods Among Us

Approved and moderated by us and esteemed OUFL Finchinator

Co-hosted with Indigo Plateau

Hello, and welcome to the second installment of the Ultra SM OU Gods Among Us! As the title suggests, every round there will be one Uber Pokemon that will be unbanned and allowed for use. For this tour, we will have a double bracket, which means everyone has 2 opponents each round, and you have 2 chances, one in each bracket. Once you lose in one bracket, you are removed from that bracket and if you lose in both brackets, then you are eliminated. The finals will be a match between the remaining participants in each bracket. If it is the same person, then they win by default. Due to having 2 opponents per round, we will make each round a little longer, but that does not mean you get a free pass to delay your games to ask for an extension every time. Please try and get your games done on time. Thanks.

Specific Rules
  • The only available Uber for use is the one dropped for that round!
  • Double Bracket, best of 1 (may be subject to change)
  • Matches are to be played on PS! in Ubers format, but the only Ubers aspect should be the unbanned Pokemon
  • Replays are not required, but encouraged
  • Do not accidently bring a Zygarde-Complete.
  • Have fun (yes I know this luck dependent game sucks but please do try and enjoy it)!

General Rules

Please read the general tournament rules provided in this link:

All standard clauses apply:
  • Sleep Clause: If a player has already put an opposing Pokémon to sleep using a sleep inducing move and that Pokémon is still sleeping due to that sleep inducing move, the player cannot put another opposing Pokémon to sleep using a sleep inducing move.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same species of Pokémon on their team, based on the National Pokedex Number. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Evasion Clause: Players cannot use Double Team or Minimize in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.

The goal of this tournament is for players to experiment with Pokemon that were once deemed broken in the OU metagame and see what effect they have in the current one. If you join, you are expected to not john for any reason. Deadlines will be strictly enforced and extensions will seldom be given in order to not drag on the tour.

Bracket 1

S poi re VS Casparov
Lil Infant Tylenol VS Mimolette
Egor VS DMDW
Rawbi VS Indigo Plateau
Lopunny Kicks VS Willdbeast
Amphareixon VS Staxi
Nuxl VS Regrets
ChrystalFalchion VS Splashbrutha
Hassin627 VS Snowy
Sam I Yam
VS Havens
Lost Soul VS ~erza
martha VS Diophantine
JTD783 VS Randompizza
Daiyaga
VS IamJustAGuy
WMSlifer VS Fantos13
Icy_Koko VS Qplaz
Bro Kappa
VS Joyverse
Finchinator VS p2
RaJ.Shoot VS imsosorrylol
Wamr
VS Mix
vso VS jcbc
mellowyellowhd VS Jhonx~
Skipkan VS MX42
hmsa2012
VS 1_TrickPhony
Gochan VS Funbot28
lyd VS Anish
Toooth VS QuickBH
wisdom dog VS BlueIvy
Baloor
VS spatulakun
b1akey VS thomas888
Decemm VS Estronic
frisoeva VS BlueLobster​

Bracket 2

Finchinator VS Mix
martha VS Staxi
vso VS Joyverse
MX42 VS Anish
BlueLobster VS Fantos13
Regrets VS thomas888
1_TrickPhony VS Baloor
b1akey VS lyd
Wamr VS Mimolette
BlueIvy VS Estronic
p2 VS Decemm
RaJ.Shoot VS Icy_Koko
Randompizza VS Gochan
Hassin627 VS ChrystalFalchion
Lost Soul VS Diophantine
Sam I Yam
VS S poi re
Lil Infant Tylenol VS wisdom dog
WMSlifer VS Egor
Daiyaga VS Havens
Skipkan VS frisoeva
Rawbi VS QuickBH
Nuxl VS Qplaz
Snowy
VS mellowyellowhd
Bro Kappa VS Willdbeast
Indigo Plateau
VS Casparov
Jhonx~ VS Amphareixon
imsosorrylol VS JTD783
spatulakun VS IamJustAGuy
Lopunny Kicks VS Splashbrutha
~erza
VS Toooth
DMDW VS jcbc
Funbot28
VS hmsa2012​

Again, battles are best of 1, you have 2 opponents in each round, and the first deadline will be September 20, 11:59 PM GMT-5

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Since he hasn't been online since Saturday, I'm gonna sub out ReadTheMango and sub Bro Kappa in.

Your opponents are Joyverse Willdbeast

Also going to tag the following users to either contact at least 1 opponent and/or respond to a VM that's on their wall within the next 24 hours or one of you (or more if we get more subs) will get subbed out.

IamJustAGuy The Dovahneer Splashbrutha JTD783 Funbot28 I hate ninjask Skipkan MX42 1_TrickPhony thomas888 Decemm

Also a reminder that we do have a discussion thread to go alongside this tour, so if you would like to discuss Genesect on the current metagame and/or your experience with it so far, you are free to do so.

Good luck to everyone and if you contacted someone on discord instead of smogon, then let me know so I don't accidently sub you out. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)