Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because seals are cute but Brionne is an abomination of nature complete with clothing and pigtails. It's a little too Disney for my tastes (love Disney but not in my Pokémon). It even has eyelashes. They should have taken a design cue from their Piplup line designs: elegant, adorable, and Empoleon even has a "tux" but it works because it's feather patterns. Brionne is just literally wearing a ruffle dress and its pigtails seemingly have no reason to be there.
It's so exaggerated it has to be intentional. Especially given the clown motif that seems to go through the line... it's only natural that they'd look ridiculous.

It just seemed like here and on other places people saying its ugly.

Because seals are cute but Brionne is an abomination of nature complete with clothing and pigtails. It's a little too Disney for my tastes (love Disney but not in my Pokémon). It even has eyelashes. They should have taken a design cue from their Piplup line designs: elegant, adorable, and Empoleon even has a "tux" but it works because it's feather patterns. Brionne is just literally wearing a ruffle dress and its pigtails seemingly have no reason to be there.
It seems like Brionne is taking a lot from Japanese Pop idols. You see that sort of outfit a lot in the Idolmaster games. Its even called the Pop Idol Pokemon.

There's a possibility that it could lose Torrent (Not Likely) or gain a secondary standard ability. But if they do the latter, Froakie and Frogadier will gain something random...
Alternatively it can function like Spiky-Earred Pichu, Cosplay Pikachu, and and Eternal Flower Floette in that it's unbreedable so you can't have more than one. The three examples also can't evolve, but that's a non issue since Greninja is fully evolved.

I have to say, I'm actually really liking how feminine Popplio's evolution line is looking - partly because I think the (leaked, but presumably accurate) final evolution is excellent, partly because it makes a nice change from the über-masculine starters we usually get (i.e. everything apart from Meganium and Delphox, to greater or lesser degrees).

Brionne isn't my favourite design ever, but I approve of the overall aesthetic.

Alternatively it can function like Spiky-Earred Pichu, Cosplay Pikachu, and and Eternal Flower Floette in that it's detatched fromso you can't have more than one. The three examples also can't evolve, but that's a non issue since Greninja is fully evolved.
Given the website says it's exclusive to Ash-Greninja, I think it will be like those cases.

"oh my god I showed those idiots har har har"

I expected it, I just expressed my concerns of mega evolutions just like many people, I'm not a fucking idiot for having balance hopes.
Dude, you need to lurk more, people in several forums where really self entitled assholes saying g that Megas where retconed.

They deserved this epic scald burn to the face, it's hilarious to see people that adamantly defended the "no mega stance" trying to correct their posts and then have someone post an image of their old actual posts, it's a beautiful time to burn the idiots XD.

I like Megas and honestly think that the 20-30 ones we see in singles bring good diversity to the game, I'm not ridiculing your beliefs I'm ridiculing the adamant stance most idiots took regarding Megas on SM.

Actually, the Spanish version shows an "Ice Stone".

Piedra Pomez =____= (why yes you must be from an hispanic country to understand why this is ridiculous, but trust me that's really bad)

no new pokemon families shown but 'join avenue tropical punch version' seems pretty cool

new box feature implies your stored vpokemon aren't actually stuck in a box and are actually sent somewhere ala proffesor Oak (and Ash is referenced in the game so no complaints about the anime being non-canon)

but the best part for me is this

Last edited:
Dude, you need to lurk more, people in several forums where really self entitled assholes saying g that Megas where retconed.

They deserved this epic scald burn to the face, it's hilarious to see people that adamantly defended the "no mega stance" trying to correct their posts and then have someone post an image of their old actual posts, it's a beautiful time to burn the idiots XD.

I like Megas and honestly think that the 20-30 ones we see in singles bring good diversity to the game, I'm not ridiculing your beliefs I'm ridiculing the adamant stance most idiots took regarding Megas on SM.
I've been here since June, I haven't seen any of that. I don't see people redacting statements now. Sounds like you're exaggerating.

"A new system being introduced to the battle time settings is “Your Time.” When using this method of time accounting, players will have a maximum of 60 seconds each turn to select a move or Pokémon, and they will also each be awarded 10 minutes of “Your Time.” Under these rules, if a player runs out of their 10 minutes before the battle ends, that player loses the match. This will mean matches can be decided more quickly than in the past, allowing players to enjoy thrilling battles."

TL;DR, death to timer stalling confirmed.

Get ready to just deal with the same people just saying we won't get new megas now, just returning ones. They had a fair stance. VGC is a very different meta than singles and Megas dominated there. No megas allowed in 2017 is a God send. Gonna be a nice meta to explore.

EDIT: actually nevermind. Taking megas entirely out of the game for balance is pretty selfish. Still, their general motivation behind those posts are fine. They just wanted the mechanic to be actually balanced.

Last edited:
Another thing I noticed from the website: You can post QR codes of your teams, and they can be used by other players in unranked or (this surprises me) ranked battles, although for the latter, it says 'certain', so there maybe restrictions.

Which means... that you can have a competitive team even if you don't have time to make one.

Which means... we're gonna see copypasted teams everywhere.

Last edited:
Speaking to Ash Greninja: You thought your trainer for Alola was Ash but it's me, Dio! (I'm so glad we will get it I think Water Shuriken was made for this Ash Greninja and not the base Greninja, dat foreshadowing.) So Battle Bond is an ability.

2nd stage Evolutions look a lot better than I thought they would look like it goes for the 3 of them.

I can't wait for the demo coming in 2 weeks so much hype!

A-Vulpix evolves with a new stone!

We get new features for training pokemon with that new place maybe that place is where we get the bottle caps I think it wouldn't be a stretch to say it.

It was obvious Megas were going to be in gen 7 they are core mechanic like Abilities, stats, natures and movepools. Now the new core mechanic is Z moves, by the way the Z-bracelet works for megas too.

Edit:
Dartrix: At times, this Pokémon feels so bothered by its dirty or ruffled feathers that it can’t focus on battle. When it loses its focus, it sometimes even retires from the battle on the spot! It’s up to each Trainer to help Dartrix overcome this troublesome stage. If this Pokémon is with a Trainer who helps it through, its strength will grow hugely!

Last edited:
Brionne is the Pop Star Pokémon

Like, wtf
Eh, it fits with the overall "Performer" shtick that Popplio started. I was more interested in the detail that she's one of those pokémon who bond deeply with their trainers, and I mean that in a lore sense. Most pokémon aren't noted to act differently or to "lose their mask" around someone that they've bonded with on an emotional level, but it adds a nice bit of identity when they make a pokémon that does.

Another thing I noticed from the website: You can post QR codes of your teams.
And other people can borrow them.

There's also this:

Note: In addition to the Pokémon obtainable in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, Pokémon obtainable in Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby, and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire will also become eligible to use under the regulations for Single and Double Rating Battles for a set time after the update to Pokémon Bank in January 2017.

Note: At a later date, special rules are anticipated for Rating Battles and Live Competitions that will allow the use of Pokémon brought into Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon from the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console software titles Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition.
So gen 6 Pokemon will be (temporarily?) usable in rating battles once Bank comes out, VC gen 1 Pokemon will be usable only under special rules, stuff from gen 3-5 games won't be allowed ever.

Also noteworthy:

The main points of the Pokémon WCS 2017 rules are
  • Double Battle format is limited to Pokémon that appear in the Alola Region Pokédex (excluding some Legendary and Mythical Pokémon).
  • Use of Mega Stones is not allowed.
  • Only Pokémon that can be obtained in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon may be entered.
Either that last restriction is redundant, there will be Pokemon in the Alola region Pokedex that you won't actually be able to get in these games, or they're thinking forward and disallowing any event Pokemon they release next year with special moves like Sludge Wave Gengar.

For the record, remember that most male sea lion die during their first mating season and males often kill male cubs out of spite and to increase their breeding chances.

Sea lions are one of the weird cases where the male doesn't die after mating but has a much lower life expectancy than the females given its life style.

I read somewhere that at least 30% of both genders die before their first mating season, but then a whooping additional 35% of the male population is expected to die in some species due to injuries related to mating rights fights, some direct fatalities, some related to injuries and septic/blood loss ones, most with inability to feed from injuries or wounded sea lions unable to escape their predators due to them being unable to perform their reversal turn on sharks.

This kind of natural selection caused that only the most vicious and resilient male sea lions survive.

Compared to seals and other pinnipedes this is very drastic, compare it to an Elephant Seal who has evolved several traits like huge tissue damage resistance and huge regenerative abilities for a mammal, you only see a 18% decline of males in their first mating season vs sea lions whopping estimated 65%.

This is one of the few cases where a predominantly female curve would be more than justified.

Last edited:
Either that last restriction is redundant, there will be Pokemon in the Alola region Pokedex that you won't actually be able to get in these games, or they're thinking forward and disallowing any event Pokemon they release next year with special moves like Sludge Wave Gengar.
I think you are looking at it from the wrong angle - they are likely going to add Pokemon that are not in the Alola Pokedex in the post-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)